General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[...]

Harry and Meghan were out volunteering yesterday. Apparently they were also out on Easter Sunday and wanted to assist again.

https://www.wehoville.com/2020/04/1...rkle-deliver-free-meals-to-the-needy-in-weho/

https://www.etonline.com/prince-har...meals-in-la-amid-coronavirus-crisis-exclusive

[...]

That is more what they should be doing but you know there is no roll beyond being celebrity philanthropists. Which is an grand way to spend time. But the calls to charities should be reserved for the 'working' royals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]

Royals arent the only people allowed on this earth to call organizations to help and chat. Glad they volunteered and more should. Also nice to see that WellChild organization on breakfast shows this morning. Hope this attention turns into much needed donations.

From the article, it was agreed in 2018 that any profits the BBC made from licensing the coverage of the wedding would be donated, and Harry and Meghan were to choose the charity that would benefit. It's not their money that is being donated, which is what the headline seems to imply. The profits were never going to be theirs.

Well there is nothing to report. Meghan and Harry didn't actually give any money. The BBC did, so actually as a publically funded corporation the people did.

Also Harry' s video call isn't that just well royal. Kind but but I see no difference. It's so tricky but is he to continue to basically be royal without being royal. Such a bizarre situation.

The BBC made the money off of Harry & Meghan wedding...and the public's interest in them. Similarly to the other gifts they received for that event, also like the work Meghan did for Elephant; instead of accepting the money they donated it to charity.

[...]

Harry and Meghan were out volunteering yesterday. Apparently they were also out on Easter Sunday and wanted to assist again.

https://www.wehoville.com/2020/04/1...rkle-deliver-free-meals-to-the-needy-in-weho/

https://www.etonline.com/prince-har...meals-in-la-amid-coronavirus-crisis-exclusive

Another reason that I like this couple....they tend to walk the walk...even if it is behinds the scenes work!

The BBC made the money off of Harry & Meghan wedding...and the public's interest in them. Similarly to the other gifts they received for that event, also like the work Meghan did for Elephant; instead of accepting the money they donated it to charity.

Another reason that I like this couple....they tend to walk the walk...even if it is behinds the scenes work!

No. They would have never received that money at all. It was made by the BBC which would as they are a public company been reabsorbed. They agreed to give profits to charity or at least some. They made more than 90000 on that. They money would never have been given to H and M.

[...]

Royals arent the only people allowed on this earth to call organizations to help and chat. Glad they volunteered and more should. Also nice to see that WellChild organization on breakfast shows this morning. Hope this attention turns into much needed donations.

[...]

But good for them to support the community they are living in.

No. They would have never received that money at all. It was made by the BBC which would as they are a public company been reabsorbed. They agreed to give profits to charity or at least some. They made more than 90000 on that. They money would never have been given to H and M.

of course it would. And royals, if they do something like the narration of that film, they're supposed to donate the money to charity. and if the BBC made money off the wedding, again, it is not M and H's money and they would normally be expected to donate it to a charity...

I just liked hearing of the ways they're trying to make a difference where they can. They could very well have decided to pull up the drawbridge, lower the portcullis and fill the moat with piranhas and eating pizza while binge watching "The Windsors" on Netflix with the attitude of "its not my problem". They didn't do that.

A move to Los Angeles doesn't seem to have lessened their concern for the British people either. One thing I've noticed is that with the BBC donations from the profits from their 2018 wedding went to Feed Britain. The video conference call with Harry was for Well Child which he has been involved with for quite a while now. They may have moved out of the UK but its being seen that they're still involved in their interests there.

Its good to hear what they've been up to. I still wish them all the best in their new lives. ?

I just liked hearing of the ways they're trying to make a difference where they can. They could very well have decided to pull up the drawbridge, lower the portcullis and fill the moat with piranhas and eating pizza while binge watching "The Windsors" on Netflix with the attitude of "its not my problem". They didn't do that.

A move to Los Angeles doesn't seem to have lessened their concern for the British people either. One thing I've noticed is that with the BBC donations from the profits from their 2018 wedding went to Feed Britain. The video conference call with Harry was for Well Child which he has been involved with for quite a while now. They may have moved out of the UK but its being seen that they're still involved in their interests there.

Its good to hear what they've been up to. I still wish them all the best in their new lives. ?

It would look very bad if they didn't make some donation to a British charity..

The fact that charities like Feeding Britain even have to exist is an appalling indictment of policy in the 5th/6th richest country on the planet.

I think it's interesting how much we have got used to the idea of royalty & charity co-existing in a strange symbiosis. I wonder when it all began?

Slightly off topic I know & more political than royal. And not really about the duke & duchess as such. Hope nobody minds too much:)

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

Not given to Harry and Meghan but their names/wedding are the ones that made the profit for the BBC hence why they had an agreement with the couple. The BBC didn't just have extra funds and decided to call up Harry/Meghan to and ask them where they wanted the funds donated.

The fact that charities like Feeding Britain even have to exist is an appalling indictment of policy in the 5th/6th richest country on the planet.

I think it's interesting how much we have got used to the idea of royalty & charity co-existing in a strange symbiosis. I wonder when it all began?

Slightly off topic I know & more political than royal. And not really about the duke & duchess as such. Hope nobody minds too much:)

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

Britain isn't alone in this 'shame' the US is right there with them, unfortunately. But thankfully there are people in all walks of life including the Sussexes who at least recognize the need & try to do something about it and

It would look very bad if they didn't make some donation to a British charity..

This shouldn't be a surprise.....they have made it very clear they will still have an active role with British charities, hence they have kept all of their UK patronages.

Last edited:
Yes, we all need to do our bit to help, glad the Duke and Duchess are pitching in.

You don't know what kind of contract there were behind the scenes. It could have been ITV for the wedding... Fact is: Harry and Meghan were the stars of that event and their people negociated the transmission rights. Normally the stars get some of the money made from it all. As it was a Royal wedding, the couple did not cash in for themselves but for a charity. But it was money that was owed them in the BBC's contract for the transmission rights. All that before there was "money made for spending on their own company or taxes".

You don't know what kind of contract there were behind the scenes. It could have been ITV for the wedding... Fact is: Harry and Meghan were the stars of that event and their people negociated the transmission rights. Normally the stars get some of the money made from it all. As it was a Royal wedding, the couple did not cash in for themselves but for a charity. But it was money that was owed them in the BBC's contract for the transmission rights. All that before there was "money made for spending on their own company or taxes".

Stars?!? I've never heard that word used in the context of a royal wedding before. Did "their people" really "negotiate transmission rights" with the British Broadcasting Corporation? It all sounds very tabloid. Surely not.

Last edited:
Stars? I've never heard that word used in the context of a royal wedding before. Did "their people" really "negotiate transmission rights" with the British Broadcasting Corporation? It all sounds very tabloid. Surely not.

I can't quite see how. The BBC does make profits, but they are not a commercial organisation. Neither is the RF.
Some of the more junior ones have sold pictures of their weddings to commercial publications and even for them, even though they are not working royals who are getting money from the state...there has always been a feeling that many people thought this was tacky behaviour. So I can't see how Harry and meghan could be doing that with the BBC which is a public service.

I can't quite see how. The BBC does make profits, but they are not a commercial organisation. Neither is the RF.
Some of the more junior ones have sold pictures of their weddings to commercial publications and even for them, even though they are not working royals who are getting money from the state...there has always been a feeling that many people thought this was tacky behaviour. So I can't see how Harry and meghan could be doing that with the BBC which is a public service.

It all sounds unlikely & after all it's just speculation & the duke & duchess have been the unfair subjects of that before. So no I just don't see it like that at all.

Last edited:

There was no rights and contract or negotiation. The BBC as the state broadcaster automatically filmed the event and sold it,to networks around the world. Harry and Meghan received no money or ever would and neither would any working ember of the royal family for anything.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Los-Angeles-says-friend-Dr-Jane-Goodall.html
Prince Harry is 'finding life a bit challenging' in Los Angeles, says his friend Dr Jane Goodall

Like others have said, Everyone is finding life challenging now. :cool:

[...]

Very Well Stated, :flowers:

TMZ released security footage of Harry and Meghan making one delivery.

Last edited:
It is good to get involved but I don't think they will be so happy about the videoing.

It is good to get involved but I don't think they will be so happy about the videoing.

It’s not even videoing, TMZ has obtained security footage of them. That’s absolutely ridiculous.

General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April 2020-

So the wedding cost millions in taxpayer funded security and other costs and we are glad because it turned a profit of 90k which they donated to charity? Two years down the line? And we have to sing their praises? Please.

How about we just donated the millions they spent on security for the wedding in the first place seeing they ditched the RF anyway because they wanted to make their own money? How ironic.

Last edited:
So the wedding cost millions in taxpayer funded security and other costs and we are glad because it turned a profit of 90k which they donated to charity? Two years down the line? And we have to sing their praises? Please.

How about we just donated the millions they spent on security for the wedding in the first place seeing they ditched the RF anyway because they wanted to make their own money? How ironic.

Strictly speaking, they didn't donate it. The BBC donated it..

The BBC made a profit of 90000. That doesn't include the other areas such as hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions to name a few that benefited from the wedding. I believe there was a story sometime last year about how much more business Windsor attracted because of the wedding and is still receiving. Windsor was on my list of travels this year until I saw how Meghan was treated and when the Sussexes step down I decided to visit a different country instead (of course Corona stepped on all of those plans), however, my point is don't underestimate what they brought to the UK.

As for the 90000 coming two years later....that's when the BBC finally told them what the excess profit was and they quickly made a decision. The timing isn't on the Sussexes.

Strictly speaking, they didn't donate it. The BBC donated it..

It was part of the agreement the couple made with the BBC for covering their wedding (using their names/personas). The BBC didn't out of the kindness of their hearts decide to donate the funds.

Meghan backs London food campaign. Also held a zoom chat with the women of the Hubb Kitchen who are part of the initiative. Also involves StreetGames.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/foodforlondon/food-for-london-now-duchess-of-sussex-a4416786.html

Doing what they do best...reaching out to/supporting people in need focusing on what matters in the US, UK and other places.

Last edited:
It was great that Meghan got together with the women of the Hubb Kitchen, with whom she was so involved in the collating and publishing of that fabulous cookbook. Still get recipes from my copy!

And this campaign of the Standard's is terrific. All too often the poor and disadvantaged can't feed their families under normal circumstances let alone a crisis like this one. And good on those ladies from the Hubb for joining in and helping. Everything helps in this situation.

I think we should remember what the focus of the reports lately have been on. It doesn't matter if we like the Sussexes, hate the Sussexes, shrug off the Sussexes or even ignore the Sussexes. The point here that has been shown is that in a time of crisis, like many other people, they prefer to jump in and help where they can and how they can. Whether its through the BBC, Well Child, The Hubb Kitchen and StreetGames, they're working *with* people and organizations to make a differences and help. They weren't intending for TMZ to publicize the videos but in this case, its showing a positive side of this couple rather than slamming them.

Its not about celebrity/royal. Its not about self gratification. Its not about anything other than what a lot of people are doing (Tom Moore comes to mind among many stories I've heard over the past month) and that is finding ways to help and support each other in a time of need. They're not saints and they're not angels and they're not anything other than human beings that care.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going to help. We've seen a lot of that lately. Lets not underplay it. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom