The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #921  
Old 05-27-2020, 06:22 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I th
As regards them being excommunicated from the BRF itself, I think they are well and truely out of The Firm, and I think that was the right decision by HM, Charles and William. As regards family relations, I agree with you that there is bound to be "pain, anger, blame, hurt, resentment, disappointment and shock". But I am a firm believer in time healing, positions softening, and family relations improving in time.

That said, and despite the 12 month review period, I still do not see an easy path back for them into The Firm if they so desired. I think a lot of public goodwill has been lost, and I just do not think Meghan will be ready to eat the proverbial humble pie that this will require.
I dotn see that they are "excommunicated" from the RF. I agre that the RF are probably more hurt and angry, some of them, than they are going to make public, but still, H and Meghan are not treated like the D of Windsor and pretty much exiled. They are part of the family, they are welcome to come and visit or come back to the UK if they want to.. I think if they do, Charles and the queen would be happy.. Possibly other members of the family may be more resentful of their action but they will be welcome again. re Meghan I agree that she doesn't want to come back.. but I suspect if the business and money making don't go well, she'll come back...
__________________

  #922  
Old 05-27-2020, 06:54 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I dotn see that they are "excommunicated" from the RF. I agre that the RF are probably more hurt and angry, some of them, than they are going to make public, but still, H and Meghan are not treated like the D of Windsor and pretty much exiled. They are part of the family, they are welcome to come and visit or come back to the UK if they want to.. I think if they do, Charles and the queen would be happy.. Possibly other members of the family may be more resentful of their action but they will be welcome again. re Meghan I agree that she doesn't want to come back.. but I suspect if the business and money making don't go well, she'll come back...

Do you blame her? If I didn't have to, I wouldn't go back either if I was treated the way she was... self-respect goes a long way. Nor would I subject my child to such treatment. Even if the business venture they are on doesn't work out, I don't see Meghan going back, the BRF have already shown they don't really care and don't have any to offer in the way of family support or encouragement...she and Harry can get that from their friends/family in LA.

The RF that are hurt...probably aren't hurt/angry that they left...many probably didn't want Meghan there to begin with but are upset because their egos took a hit and some people are starting to see them for their true colors.
__________________

  #923  
Old 05-27-2020, 07:21 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I would not be surprised if at some point Harry returned to royal work and Meghan remained "independent" while occasionally attending selected royal functions. The main thing I am iffy about is how much time Meghan will be willing to spend in the UK.

There are precedents for this: Princess Margaret and Anthony Armstrong-Jones, Princess Anne and Timothy Lawrence and others, the key difference is that this is practice associated with male married-ins, but if this happens, while I am sure there will be grumbling for various reasons, hopefully overall there will be acceptance.
That could be a possibility, but I would be surprised if Meghan was prepared to let Harry return. That said, all of this is purely speculative, and I do not want to go down that alley.
  #924  
Old 05-27-2020, 07:48 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That could be a possibility, but I would be surprised if Meghan was prepared to let Harry return. That said, all of this is purely speculative, and I do not want to go down that alley.
To "let" Harry return...Harry is a grown man and can make his own decisions. Him deciding to stay with his family (wife/son) isn't Meghan, not allowing him to return.
  #925  
Old 05-27-2020, 07:53 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
To "let" Harry return...Harry is a grown man and can make his own decisions. Him deciding to stay with his family (wife/son) isn't Meghan, not allowing him to return.
Such a decision is inevitably something they ad a couple would have to decide together. Given it would include huge family sacrifices.
  #926  
Old 05-27-2020, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
They can't afford security, plus their living costs In LA on what they have now.. (plus payng back for Frogmore). They might have been OK had they been able to properly start their career of public speakng but that's all on hold now.
Before the lockdown started, they still weren’t paying for their security. They are the ones who wanted to be financially independent...and now they can’t because they expected security to be automatically provided to them. Now, as you say, everything is on hold...but even if things weren’t, security is very expensive; they’re going to have to earn a lot of money to finance it themselves
  #927  
Old 05-27-2020, 08:43 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Before the lockdown started, they still weren’t paying for their security. They are the ones who wanted to be financially independent...and now they can’t because they expected security to be automatically provided to them. Now, as you say, everything is on hold...but even if things weren’t, security is very expensive; they’re going to have to earn a lot of money to finance it themselves
It is clear this exit from the BRF, or "transition" as H&M like to call is, has not been fully thought through at all, and was perhaps executed before it was fully "baked". Now you can see why the communique from the Queen / the BRF said these are complex issues that require careful consideration.
  #928  
Old 05-27-2020, 08:58 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It is clear this exit from the BRF, or "transition" as H&M like to call is, has not been fully thought through at all, and was perhaps executed before it was fully "baked". Now you can see why the communique from the Queen / the BRF said these are complex issues that require careful consideration.
It’s been clear for a long time that it wasn’t thought through. Charles and HM wanted to work this out with H and M, wanted a plan to be in place, but the Sussexes weren’t getting what they wanted, so they just threw their hands up and quit it. Then, BOOM - they dropped the bomb. They wanted what they wanted, so they took to their website to explain...probably expecting the public to understand. Unfortunately for them, the public saw a couple who’d completely disrespected HM, Charles, William and the BRF; they saw a couple who came off as entitled, spoiled, temperamental and thoughtless. Nothing much has changed since.
  #929  
Old 05-27-2020, 09:12 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,525
And once again we are back to discussing the January split issue and topics stemming from the split which have been discussed to death in this sub-forum.

Please move on.

Further posts on the matter - the split, the cause of the split, who knew about the split coming, security costs, finances, housing, etc - will be removed.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #930  
Old 05-27-2020, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,451
I am honestly not trying be smart Or cute but if you take away all
Discussion of Finances, housing, family relations and the split what is exactly is their left to discuss about the Sussex family?
  #931  
Old 05-27-2020, 09:47 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,247
They no longer working royals. They not funded by the taxpayers anymore. Charles isn't paying for the security it also is revealed per the new Times Article about their filing a report on the drones in LA. They haven't been seen with the family in months.

So really what is there to even discuss other than what has been rehashed 354656846 times already on this forum?
  #932  
Old 05-27-2020, 10:09 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Maybe they should be moved to the British Nobility section, as I guess that’s what they are now?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #933  
Old 05-27-2020, 10:16 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,424
Well... we *could* keep an eye on Los Angeles and its earthquakes and muse over what Harry's reaction to experiencing his first earthquake would be? Would Harry and Meghan then decide to read "Chicken Little" to Archie about how the "sky is falling"?

There just isn't anything of substance really going on right now to discuss as this Covid-19 has put us all pretty much in a bubble for months.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #934  
Old 05-27-2020, 10:19 AM
QueenMathilde's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
I hadn't heard of the ape thing either until the last couple of days here. Princess Ann had to deal with a horse analogy also back in the day when she loved riding.

Camilla had to deal with a horse analogy too. When she and Charles got married vendors were selling t-shirts outside that had Charles riding a horse that had Camilla's face on it.
  #935  
Old 05-27-2020, 11:01 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Maybe they should be moved to the British Nobility section, as I guess that’s what they are now?
They still are very much TRH, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and haven't lost that standing. They just cannot use this status in any kind of commercial dealings in their new lives. When Charles ascends the throne, Harry will be The Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex as the son of a monarch. IMO, this separates them from being the nobility of the UK.

Just how I see it.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #936  
Old 05-27-2020, 11:09 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April 2020-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
They still are very much TRH, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and haven't lost that standing. They just cannot use this status in any kind of commercial dealings in their new lives. When Charles ascends the throne, Harry will be The Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex as the son of a monarch. IMO, this separates them from being the nobility of the UK.



Just how I see it.

But Charles isn’t King right now, and “all they are” is The Duke and Duchess of Sussex in a foreign country, they don’t do work on behalf of the RF, will not be attending formal family events, and if they do come to visit it’s private.

I see that exactly as a member of British Nobility. If you want to argue about how close they are to royalty, then bump them to a single thread like that of the Kent’s or Chatto’s.

However, I’m not a Mod and I’m sure they have a plan for the Sussexes.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #937  
Old 05-27-2020, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,070
I agree it is a really difficult one. Because what else is there about them.

If not move them to the nobility section since they aren't maybe it may be best give them a thread in Charles Forum. Kind of like Bea, Eug, Zara and Peter.

Of we can't discuss anything about them because there doesn't seem to be anything. Perhaps it's time to just move on.
  #938  
Old 05-27-2020, 11:13 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Accounts for both duchies are of public record. Any use of them to help relatives overseas will cause controversy. It's a can of worms.
That's just about right!
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #939  
Old 05-27-2020, 12:04 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I am honestly not trying be smart Or cute but if you take away all
Discussion of Finances, housing, family relations and the split what is exactly is their left to discuss about the Sussex family?
That’s a good point...
  #940  
Old 05-27-2020, 12:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 643
That is true there isn't anything, as a result old ground is rehashed then the thread is closed.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abu dhabi althorp american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry british royals chittagong cht daisy diana princess of wales dragons duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals earl of snowdon facts family life family tree future games hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hill historical drama history house of glucksburg hypothetical monarchs imperial household intro italian royal family jacobite japan jewellery jumma kids movie king willem-alexander list of rulers mailing mountbatten nepalese royal jewels norway norwegian royal family palestine prince charles of luxembourg prince dimitri princess ariane princess chulabhorn walailak princess eugenie princess laurentien princess ribha queen louise random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family snowdon speech spencer family thailand thai royal family tracts uae customs unsubscribe videos wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×