General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex has delivered a powerful message to her fellow alumni at Immaculate Heart High School upon their graduation. I hope and pray everyone take the time to listen to her message. Meghan spoke from her heart and from her own experience. A great representative of America, the British Royal Family and the Commonwealth.

God bless the Sussexes!

She literally names four African Americans shot dead by the police:

George Floyd
Breonna Taylor (shot 8 times)
Philando Castile
Timer Rice

When has a member of the royal family ever made a public comment like this in this country?

Never, but someone gotta be the first to do it and Meghan did it.

Last edited:
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex has delivered a powerful message to her fellow alumni at Immaculate Heart High School upon their graduation. I hope and pray everyone take the time to listen to her message. Meghan spoke from her heart and from her own experience. A great representative of America, the British Royal Family and the Commonwealth.

God bless the Sussexes!

That's not their job. Too political. Their job is to empathise.

The Princes Trust, Heads Together and The Diana Award have spoken out in support of the Black Lives Matter movement. The first two wouldn’t have done show without the permission of the royal patrons.

This isn’t political anymore, nor has it ever been truly, the royal family are respected in this country and others, and black lives matter is a worldwide movement. Throwing their support behind it, in any form is a good thing.

This is a separate issue. I was specifically addressing police conduct towards BAME people. No one is the royal family for instance has ever said anything publicly about Edson Da Costa.

Last edited:
I’m not arguing the issue as what’s done is done. Would any other non working member of the royal family get this level of criticism? If Zara or Peter came out to say something like Meghan has done?

I personally don’t think so. The royals are apolitical, as I’ve said it’s my opinion that this isn’t about politics.

What’s been said has been said, whether a person believes it right or wrong to have said it has little bearing on the situation.

However so as to not derail the thread I shall end my commentary there.

It's just "Duchess of Sussex" now, they can't use their HRH titles. And she's no longer representing BRF in any official way.

How is wanting basic human rights "too political"? :ermm:
Seriously, THIS.

I have a lot to say, so many issues my black friends raised about this speech, and why Meghan was the wrong person to do it.

But i’m honestly exhausted by her jumping on bandwagons like so many other tone deaf celebrities and trying to ride a wave when several years ago she proudly supported All Lives Matter.

Also, FYI we are being watched and screenshot by the less rational section of her fandom so..

Hi, actual Black person here who is also a BLM activist. This speech was so welcomed by our movement and community especially the additional spotlight on Breonna Taylor from Meghan.

Meghan is someone who many African Americans support and her voice matters to many of us. It cannot be jumping on bandwagons when its her literal lived experience as a Black mixed race woman. An identity she has always been proud of and one which she has been shamefully abused for a great deal the past several years.

Lets also stop with falsehoods. This speech is Meghan's speech, not some rip off of Grey's Anatomy. The stories shared are ones she has shared before. And if you have a link to an "all lives matters" statement please share because I have never seen her say that. As it is, if she did say that, that doesn't mean she hasn't changed her position or thoughts since then, as many people of color and Black people have in the ensuing years that our BLM movement has started and the framing better understood.

Because anything Meghan supports is somehow wrong for some?

Last edited by a moderator:

They cannot say anything really. Please. Their mouths are gagged. They can speak about human rights. They cannot speak negatively about any regime. The Queen has been forced as a representative of her government to host the most appalling mass murderers. They don't have any voice. The best they can do is give voices to others.

Meghan can say what she wants now. I don't criticise it. Good for her but I have limited interest in what she has to say. I am more interested in everyday stories.

Last edited:
An excellent speech by Meghan. She's always been good at speeches and as a fellow alumna of the school who recently moved back to LA, it seems appropriate for her to do this commencement speech - and I am sure it inspired the girls graduating.

And it goes without saying that she speaks about what is happening in the States right now (it would be tone-deaf and go against everything she stands for if she didn't). I don't think it would be appropriate for other members of the British royal family to comment directly on something that happened in a foreign country. They, of course, may find different ways to communicate to the black community in the UK and Commonwealth at large that they care about their plight as it clearly resonates with many worldwide.

Hi, actual Black person here who is also a BLM activist. This speech was so welcomed by our movement and community especially the additional spotlight on Breonna Taylor from Meghan.

Meghan is someone who many African Americans support and her voice matters to many of us. It cannot be jumping on bandwagons when its her literal lived experience as a Black mixed race woman. An identity she has always been proud of and one which she has been shamefully abused for a great deal the past several years.

Lets also stop with falsehoods. This speech is Meghan's speech, not some rip off of Grey's Anatomy. The stories shared are ones she has shared before. And if you have a link to an "all lives matters" statement please share because I have never seen her say that. As it is, if she did say that, that doesn't mean she hasn't changed her position or thoughts since then, as many people of color and Black people have in the ensuing years that our BLM movement has started and the framing better understood.

Because anything Meghan supports is somehow wrong for some?

I don't watch Grey's Anatomy so I don't know what speech they're talking about but I don't see it matters if their speeches are written for them or not - most famous people who give speeches have their speeches written for them.

I have a lot to say, so many issues my black friends raised about this speech, and why Meghan was the wrong person to do it.

But i’m honestly exhausted by her jumping on bandwagons like so many other tone deaf celebrities and trying to ride a wave when several years ago she proudly supported All Lives Matter.

Also, FYI we are being watched and screenshot by the less rational section of her fandom so..

The wrong person to say it??? Who is the right person to say it then???

Black lives matter is not a bandwagon. Its not some fad that celebrities choose because its hot. Human rights are not a fad.

Meghan has spent many years talking about race and equal rights. Long before she met Harry. She was talking about race as a child and there not being a box to check on her school forms, when she was a teen. This isn't some 'I am a celebrity want a be' moment as you portray it.

Who is the right person to talk about this? EVERYONE. Doesn't matter your skin tone.

The speech is very similar to the dialogue of a recent episode of Gray's Anatomy. Not certain if it is exactly word for word. But really close. Yep there is not a truly original sentiment on the planet - and well Meghan might not have written the speech, but people will jump on this.

I watch Gray's Anatomy. Which episode is she ripping off with this speech?

This speech reflects a lot of previous speeches she has done pre-marriage like the UN. There is definitely a personal touch to her story. Her actual memories and experiences with the issues.

Yes there are some words that get used when talking on the same subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s not debate whether this issue is too political, or turn this into a discussion about whether royals, celebs (and anyone else) should speak out.

Also, let's stop with the comparisons to other royals. Thanks.

Last edited:
You know the speech is good when when even Piers Morgan has to admit it.

I'll join in on the praise for this speech. Wow..it was truly heartfelt and very personal. She has first hand experience and she so eloquently conveyed that.

In hindsight, I am glad that she took some time to publicly respond and that she used the commencement speech as a platform. I know the graduating class must have truly been touched by her words.

I’ve searched and have not found any references connecting Meghan and “All Lives Matter.”

Whoever is the owner of this account they are NOT the royal family or associated with them as the English is not even correct. And Elizabeth I, as far as I know, died several hundred years ago. And I am sure that most of us would not convert the cost of their security to rubles? Why would anyone believe any of this stuff?

I'd say most unlikely that William would ask harry to come back....

Its just common sense that, at a time like this with Covid-19 and civil unrest globally, the wisest move for *anybody* to make is to stay in place.

Somebody is just trying to create a tempest in a teapot by trying to stir the hot dogs on the BBQ. :D

As a rule: don't believe anything from Instagram that is not from an official account (official accounts are marked as such)...even if it later turns out to be true, wait first until a credible source (outside of Instagram) reports it..

Well, 2020 has been pretty crazy! Piers Morgan has had a complete U-turn in his politics lately which has resulted in an unfollow from Trump!

I wouldn't hold my breath for Piers to start liking Meghan - according to him she ghosted him which is a huge blow to his ego. I've agreed with some things he's said about the Sussexs but not much.

Its just common sense that, at a time like this with Covid-19 and civil unrest globally, the wisest move for *anybody* to make is to stay in place.

Somebody is just trying to create a tempest in a teapot by trying to stir the hot dogs on the BBQ. [emoji3]
You are absolutely correct. Now we know that children are not immune you have to weigh the benefits against the dangers. No Archie, Harry or Meghan would probably not become infected on a transatlantic flight but considering the viris lives on plastic and metal longest is there any reason for them to go? Anything that can be done via Zoom or Skype from L.A. they are already doing.

Tabloid write ups are posted here to this forum all the time. Some believe them others don't.
This is just another example of a tabloid story- who knows there maybe parts of truth to it.
Whoever is the owner of this account they are NOT the royal family or associated with them as the English is not even correct. And Elizabeth I, as far as I know, died several hundred years ago. And I am sure that most of us would not convert the cost of their security to rubles? Why would anyone believe any of this stuff?

Tabloid write ups are posted here to this forum all the time. Some believe them others don't.
This is just another example of a tabloid story- who knows there maybe parts of truth to it.

Tabloid stories are not the same as blogs... or Instagram accounts... None of them are particuarlly accurate....

I'd class Instagram accounts even lower than tabloids...tabloids are actually registered publishers, IG accounts are just what every Tom, Dick and Harriëtte come up with while laying on their sofa :lol:

I'd class Instagram accounts even lower than tabloids...tabloids are actually registered publishers, IG accounts are just what every Tom, Dick and Harriëtte come up with while laying on their sofa :lol:
True but most tabloid newspapers both here and in the US are far from accurate... but they do have some kind of employed personnell and contacts to get stores. But people seem to believe blogs about royals by people who know no more than they read in tabloids or magazines...

Lets be honest how many of us are on here under our own name, we all have nicknames, there could be anybody on here,not even taking part just reading. Even on this forum something can be raised as a question or just a passing thought, three pages down it is being argued as a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom