General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you asked that question because I don't get it either. Maybe it's me being thick.?

Maybe they are organising this because at present they can't do anything in the commercial line...

Hmmm - I thought it wasn't going to be a foundation. Then again what is a foundation when it isn't a foundation?
Archewell - is a terrible name for anything. IMO. Greek roots or not. To each their own.

Where are people getting a foundation from? They launching a non profit.

Hmmm - I thought it wasn't going to be a foundation. Then again what is a foundation when it isn't a foundation?
Archewell - is a terrible name for anything. IMO. Greek roots or not. To each their own.
I'm glad you asked that question because I don't get it either. Maybe it's me being thick.?

You probably wouldn't have those questions if people could wait until H&M made an official announcement on their organization/foundation....complete with details.

A reminder that the media continues to be off topic, and that posts which persist in bringing the media into the discussion will be deleted without notice.

Please note that posts in response to a deleted post and subsequently ignoring the above Mod note have been removed.

Further, posts containing pointless and irritating back and forth bickering have also been removed. If people wish to bicker amongst themselves, they may do so by PM and NOT within the threads.

It’s in the articles....they mashed up the Greek for “source of action”/“beginning” with well (“another that evokes the deep resources we each must draw upon.”)

It’s in the articles....they mashed up the Greek for “source of action”/“beginning” with well (“another that evokes the deep resources we each must draw upon.”)

Lovely. Thank you.

I work with a number of charities and it is very much on our minds at the moment that with all the fund raising for Corona , there will not be funds donated to our charities. And not to take anything away from the charities collecting for Cororna, lack of funds here will result in lost of lives as well. There is also a real possibility of Donation Fatigue.
I really think that is what Meghan and Harry will be worried about now. The world has changed in the last month - we cannot predict how it will look 4 months from now. They need to earn their money, they need to get cracking.

I also work with some charities, and it's going to be a very rough time, sadly. Businesses aren't going to have the money to make donations, and a lot of big fundraising events have had to be cancelled - the London Marathon was the biggest one, but there were also marathons, half-marathons and fun runs due to be held in many other places, and fundraising dinners/dances. It's going to be very difficult to set up a Foundation at the moment, because those big gatherings where people pay a fortune to hear a well-known person speak just can't be held, unless it's done by Zoom. I know some concerts have been arranged for later in the year, but they're all for medical charities.

Lovely. Thank you.

You’re welcome !

I get on H and M’s cases quite a bit - I’m going to lay off them here as they seem to have been trying to lay low until the Telegraph misreported some information

I also work with some charities, and it's going to be a very rough time, sadly. Businesses aren't going to have the money to make donations, and a lot of big fundraising events have had to be cancelled - the London Marathon was the biggest one, but there were also marathons, half-marathons and fun runs due to be held in many other places, and fundraising dinners/dances. It's going to be very difficult to set up a Foundation at the moment, because those big gatherings where people pay a fortune to hear a well-known person speak just can't be held, unless it's done by Zoom. I know some concerts have been arranged for later in the year, but they're all for medical charities.

I think to be honest after this the only fundraising for a while will be keyworkers and people looking at 'home.' Anything 'global' will be a bit of the mark. People will be looking at their own community. The world will change. This will change it. There is even talk of celebrity worship decreasing. The crash of influencers etc. This I think will only serve to bond the people to the royal family. Even Zara was interviewed on morning TV the other day. Eugenie working to support NHS. If I was advising M and H I would advise to support charities in the area of LA where they are living. No one is going global for the foreseeable.

I think to be honest after this the only fundraising for a while will be keyworkers and people looking at 'home.' Anything 'global' will be a bit of the mark. People will be looking at their own community. The world will change. This will change it. There is even talk of celebrity worship decreasing. The crash of influencers etc. This I think will only serve to bond the people to the royal family. Even Zara was interviewed on morning TV the other day. Eugenie working to support NHS. If I was advising M and H I would advise to support charities in the area of LA where they are living. No one is going global for the foreseeable.

True. I think they'd be better to quietly do something if they can, locally.. make a donation, get lunch sent in for hospital workers, that sort of thing....

:previous: That would be a much appreciated gesture if they were to send in food/beverages to local hospital staff here in SoCal or to one in the UK.

Harry and Meghan have revealed the name of their new charitable organization: Archewell

Revealed: Prince Harry and Meghan plan non-profit empire under the name Archewell, 'to do something of meaning' https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...meghan-plan-non-profit-empire-name-archewell/

When I first heard the name "Archewell" I immediately thought it was after Archie but it's nice that the foundation has a more philosophical meaning! I was wondering if the Sussexes would start a new foundation now that they can no longer use SussexRoyal for obvious reasons. I agree that it would be nice if the Archewell team could do something during the COVID-19 pandemic, especially as North America is the most infected country in the world right now.

When I first heard the name "Archewell" I immediately thought it was after Archie but it's nice that the foundation has a more philosophical meaning! I was wondering if the Sussexes would start a new foundation now that they can no longer use SussexRoyal for obvious reasons. I agree that it would be nice if the Archewell team could do something during the COVID-19 pandemic, especially as North America is the most infected country in the world right now.

My guess is the organization isn't up and running yet, just that the paperwork was submitted in the last few days and that revealed the name, so they probably can't do anything in that name yet. The Sussexes are probably doing something behind the scenes just as they have with other situations (Brush fires in Australia, swimming pool in Mozambique etc..).

The thing is that whilst "Arche" isn't Archie most people immediately connected it to him and that can't be undone and raises a lot of "well they wanted people to immediately do that but also wanted plausible deniability" claims despite the fact that they clearly do want to protect him as much as possible. There are many of Greco-Roman words they could have picked that didn't instantly have people thinking/saying Archie-well "oh they named it for their son how amazing/awful."

Despite being entirely unimpressed with how they've handled pretty much everything since January I do wish them well and I think their hearts are in the right place. I also do wonder if they should have used this enforced break to consolidate what they want to do since from some of the later press releases it was clear they were scrambling and if they do want to be major philanthropic players on the world stage whilst also monetising it for (luxury) "financial independence" then they need a long term game plan.

As for helping with Coronavirus philanthropy, everything is welcome and if they have a unique way great but they do need to be careful, otherwise they're just one of hundreds of celebrities.

These are judgement calls, and each of us might view the situation differently from others.

When I stated my view about this perhaps not being the best time, I had not appreciated that there was a considerable amount of conversation on Twitter on this topic. I attach a link to some comments by respected journalist, Andrew Neil.

I have to say that I agree 100%. Often celebrities find that they've shot themselves in the foot and become a bit over-saturated and that's very much where Harry and Meghan are right now. They very much would have been better off in the long run if they'd simply laid low, stayed quiet, and let the furor around them simmer down.

they specifically said that they wanted people to focus on he Covid-19 issue and that they would be working quietly behind the scenes for the next few weeks months.

That's exactly the point. As per usual with these two, there's what they said and then there's what they did. There was really no reason to respond to the Guardian's report, it easily would have faded away just as tabloid speculation always does, especially right now in the middle of a global pandemic. If they truly didn't want to be the topic of conversation then they would have and should have just rolled their eyes, refused to respond, and let the story fade away after a day or two while still sticking to their "working quietly behind the scenes" statement.

As for helping with Coronavirus philanthropy, everything is welcome and if they have a unique way great but they do need to be careful, otherwise they're just one of hundreds of celebrities.

This is a great point and a very real risk to run for a couple hoping to make themselves stand out. It would be very easy to become just another one in the bunch. While a lot of celebrities have made a lot of great donations and done a lot of good, I'm starting to see grumbling about the fact that they couldn't just do it and be quiet about it, they had to make announcements about how much they're donating, etc. And why? Because they wanted the credit. They wanted the praise. So to keep up with the celebrity crowd Harry and Meghan would need to make an announcement about what they're donating and to where or what effort they're making, etc. and then they run the risk of criticism about behaving like celebrities rather than in line with the RF. If anything, this is just a preview of the difficulties they'll face in trying to walk that line that they said they'd walk when they walked away from the RF but agreed not to behave in ways that would reflect poorly on the Queen and the RF.

I may disagree on H&M's chosen path, and certainly the way they appear to have gone about it, but I think most people on TRF would join me in wishing them all the very best in their future lives.

Completely agree. This is a Royal forum and they have decided to move on from royal duties and we should move on as well. Best of luck to Harry and Meghan in their future endeavors

So does anyone know when the archewell site ( or whatever they're going to call it ) is supposed to officially be up?

Incidentally, does anybody know why the Sussex Royal website is still extant? I went to look out of curiosity because it's been mentioned just recently on here. Am I wrong in thinking it was going to end, or at least change its title?

To me it appears just like another childish step, they were told they cannot use the "royal" once they left, now to keep the website online gives their childish minds some satisfaction.
at least this is one possibility ?

Okay, thanks for the warning. I didn't even notice, it seemed true ...
How could one possibly think this was true...?:ohmy:?. These baggy trousers, the guy pushing a cart loaded with tons of toilet paper....
I´m sure, no matter if they are out of the RF or not, Harry and Meghan would still never go shopping like the rest of us! They still have their people doing the "ordinary stuff" for them.

I definitely would believe that both Harry and Meghan *could* be spotted shopping for groceries but they both have a certain way of dressing and that photo was not how Harry would dress. Even casually sitting at home and feeding Archie spaghetti. :D

Like the rest of us, they're sticking close to home and waiting for Planet Earth to open up again for business.

Have they made any statement about when they are going to set up their new social media sites or make any public appearances?

To me it appears just like another childish step, they were told they cannot use the "royal" once they left, now to keep the website online gives their childish minds some satisfaction.
at least this is one possibility ?

I don't think it is childish at all...they aren't using it for their new organization nor providing any updates on it, but it does provide historical information for those that want to look back and see some of the things, initiatives they did while they were working royals.

So does anyone know when the archewell site ( or whatever they're going to call it ) is supposed to officially be up?

Have they made any statement about when they are going to set up their new social media sites or make any public appearances?

They indicated in their last message that they were going to take a few weeks/months off to work behind the scenes, let the focus be on the Coronavirus and getting both the UK & USA back to some form of stabilization. With that said I don't think we will hear about anything formal for at least a couple of months.

Harry and Meghan have always done charity work long before they met each other, so it's no surprise that Archewell was created. I can't imagine they would just stop their charitable endeavours completely now they're no longer working royals. But they're damned if they do and damned if they don't - they could find a cure for Coronavirus and there would still be people criticising them.

:previous: My gut reaction? Who *isn't* finding life challenging at this point in time? :lol:

:previous: My gut reaction? Who *isn't* finding life challenging at this point in time? :lol:

Thank you!!! Boo hoo hoo. I’ll tell you, their friends that speak out - even if not at the behest of H and M and/or completely unknown to H and M - are NOT doing them any favors. Even if she has been in touch with them, is Jane Goodall that close of them? It feels like she talks more about the Sussexes than the chimpanzees..enough.

Oh and ....while I loathe, loathe hunting, Harry giving it up because Meghan doesn’t like it is very revealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom