Royal Blogger

General News about the Sussex Family, Part Three: August-September 2020

Welcome to The Sussex Family's
General News, Part Three

Commencing August 9, 2020

The previous thread can be found here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:54 AM
Majesty

Meghan has rung a fan to thank her personally for organising funds for CAMFED in honour of various milestones in the Sussexes lives such as birthdays. Her birthday was last week. The supporters have raised nearly 80,000 dollars which is used to help with education etc for women and girls in Africa. A great contribution to a fine cause, IMO.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rity-work.html

Old 08-11-2020, 11:03 PM
Serene Highness

I am posting this here since the Sussex residence thread is closed at the moment.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle secretly buy family home in Santa Barbara
By Emily Smith
August 11, 2020 | 7:26pm

Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle have secretly bought a private family home in Santa Barbara — the place they have chosen to put down permanent roots and bring up their son Archie after leaving the British royal family.

Page Six can exclusively reveal that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have for six weeks been living in their own home in the upscale California community
[...]
“Harry and Meghan have been quietly living in their own home in Santa Barbara since early July.
[...]
When reached for comment, a spokesperson for the couple confirmed, “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved into their family home in July of this year. They have settled into the quiet privacy of their community since their arrival and hope that this will be respected for their neighbors, as well as for them as a family.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/11/princ...santa-barbara/
Old 08-11-2020, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I am posting this here since the Sussex residence thread is closed at the moment.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle secretly buy family home in Santa Barbara
By Emily Smith
August 11, 2020 | 7:26pm

Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle have secretly bought a private family home in Santa Barbara — the place they have chosen to put down permanent roots and bring up their son Archie after leaving the British royal family.

Page Six can exclusively reveal that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have for six weeks been living in their own home in the upscale California community
[...]
“Harry and Meghan have been quietly living in their own home in Santa Barbara since early July.
[...]
When reached for comment, a spokesperson for the couple confirmed, “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved into their family home in July of this year. They have settled into the quiet privacy of their community since their arrival and hope that this will be respected for their neighbors, as well as for them as a family.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/11/princ...santa-barbara/
Santa Barbara is a much quieter community than Los Angeles. I hope that this provides a peaceful and safe environment for them to raise their child.

I have to admit though, this is really the final nail in the coffin of their life in the U.K. The message is loud and clear: the US is their home now and where they’re setting their sights on the future. Their life in the UK and the royal family is behind them. They’re raising their son as an American.

It will be interesting to see how this American royalty/aristocracy plays out in the future, especially if Archie inherits the Duke of Sussex title. It’s fascinating to think of the possibility that in coming generations there may be British aristocrats who aren’t actually British. I believe that there’s a similar situation with the Duke of Atholl now... the title went to a distant relative born and raised in South Africa and now while they visit Scotland each year they aren’t really Scottish.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:40 PM
Royal Highness

That dig they take at Tyler Perry's house and his taste, makes them look really ungrateful. He does so much for them, letting them crash at his place, letting them use his private jet, and likely aiding in security measures. Then they flounce out, take a swipe at his property, even though they know he's trying to sell it. And they do it on book release day to get maximum publicity for the house dig.

Something tells me Mr. Perry might hesitate to be so generous in the future.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
That dig they take at Tyler Perry's house and his taste, makes them look really ungrateful. He does so much for them, letting them crash at his place, letting them use his private jet, and likely aiding in security measures. Then they flounce out, take a swipe at his property, even though they know he's trying to sell it. And they do it on book release day to get maximum publicity for the house dig.

Well Mr. Perry was no longer needed so under the bus he went. [...]
Old 08-12-2020, 02:06 AM
Majesty

[...]

They have bought this property near Santa Barbara so now at least the mantra that has been going for months by those who dislike them that they are freeloading on friends of friends will be stopped.

The little family are now living it seems in a nice private area in their own home. I wish them all the happiness and peace in the world for themselves and their baby son from now on. Sounds like a great place to bring up a family.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:45 AM
Courtier

Reportedly they're worth around 33 million dollars putting their fortune together. How did they afford to buy a house in Santa Barbara where their neighbor's houses are 100 million dollars? Is Charles rich enough to pay for all of this?
Old 08-12-2020, 03:17 AM
Majesty

Who said their neighbours' properties were worth $100 million? Oprah or Ellen's may be but there are some nice properties in Montecito for $10 million or less. And I doubt that Harry and Meghan have bought a property next door to celebrities anyway.

Average homes that can be had in Montecito.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...to_CA/overview
Old 08-12-2020, 03:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Who said their neighbours' properties were worth $100 million? Oprah or Ellen's may be but there are some nice properties in Montecito for $10 million or less. And I doubt that Harry and Meghan have bought a property next door to celebrities anyway.

The supposed property has been identified already Curryong - if correct of course.

Less than seven million.

Very appealing place, lovely photos on property websites, and not in the Ennisbrook gated community that friends Oprah Winfrey and Ellen DeGeneres have their grander homes in.

I won't add to the speculation about the address here. If correct it will be all over the media soon enough no doubt.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:37 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts containing speculative comments have been edited and subsequent responses removed. Please stick to facts rather than making speculative presumptions and interpretations - especially where there is no verifiable source. Thank you.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Frankly if he's fool enough to lend a house for months to people and not expect rent, He IS a fool indeed...
Old 08-12-2020, 04:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

and with a fortune of around £30K which is probably what they have, I don't know how they could spend even £10M on a house.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Plus the security costs. I suppose the Queen could afford all of this.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Plus the security costs. I suppose the Queen could afford all of this.
Not sure what you mean? The queen has properties and is very rich, but some of it is tied up in land... and a lot is probably in tight investments. And she's not going to buy a house for the Sussexes. If anyone helps them, it will probably be Charles
Old 08-12-2020, 05:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I don't think they have taken a dig at Tyler Perry's house. Some anonymous source has said that Harry prefers "more intimate homes with character" but that didn't come from their own spokesperson. The only official comment from their spokesperson is:
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved into their family home in July of this year. They have settled into the quiet privacy of their community since their arrival and hope that this will be respected for their neighbors, as well as for them as a family.”
Old 08-12-2020, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Good for them. I’m sure it’s a nice feeling to actually own their home. It’s theirs. And they were able to do it without anyone knowing.

Santa Barbara is a lovely area. Know people who live there and it’s super charming. They are also far from uber rich, though they do well for themselves. I can see why it would be appealing to Harry and Meghan.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
and with a fortune of around £30K which is probably what they have, I don't know how they could spend even £10M on a house.
The house has been quoted as bought for less than seven million dollars, not pounds sterling. 7 million dollars US is about 5 million,300 pounds approx.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:31 AM
Majesty

Its still quite a chunk out of the fortune which they probably have as their private money.... when they have expenses like security, staff, living in LA...
Old 08-12-2020, 07:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Reportedly they're worth around 33 million dollars putting their fortune together. How did they afford to buy a house in Santa Barbara where their neighbor's houses are 100 million dollars? Is Charles rich enough to pay for all of this?

In the most expensive place in Santa Barbara, Hope Ranch area, the prices at real estate websites start from 3 million and go up for large plots with seaviews at around 8 million. Don't know where your prices are coming from?

Closed Thread