General News about the Sussex Family, Part Three: August-September 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all these years, barring the 10th anniversary of Diana's death where a service was held at Guards Chapel, I have never seen either William or Harry publicly mark their mother's death. Query what caused Harry to do so now, with a photographer in tow?

Well I'm going to be cynical about it, so apologies to those who aren't. Lovely idea with forget me nots and kids but there's no reason they had to bring a photographer - especially as Harry has publicly talked about how he feels about the media and cameras in relation to her death. Or that they couldn't do something in their back garden with Archie - yes I'm aware they possibly have done that as well.

But it's something that I'm sure Diana would like, but it also reminds the public that they're doing "independent royal events" and Harry is Diana's son. Two things they need to trade on. I hope the charity benefited. I'm just massively cynical about this, which is a shame.

Last edited:
In all these years, barring the 10th anniversary of Diana's death where a service was held at Guards Chapel, I have never seen either William or Harry publicly mark their mother's death. Query what caused Harry to do so now, with a photographer in tow?

They had a big public thing in 2017, on the 20th anniversary, including TV programes

IMHO Harry and Meghan are doing now what Harry probably thought would have been his mother's life after her divorce from Charles. She died too soon, but I am sure he can remember her wishes to be an ambassadour for good deeds and charities around the globe. When he found Meghan, he probably thought they could make their lives in memorian of his mother worth-while, while being free of the restrictions of his Royal ancestry.

IMHO Harry and Meghan are doing now what Harry probably thought would have been his mother's life after her divorce from Charles. She died too soon, but I am sure he can remember her wishes to be an ambassadour for good deeds and charities around the globe. When he found Meghan, he probably thought they could make their lives in memorian of his mother worth-while, while being free of the restrictions of his Royal ancestry.

If they TRULY want to be free from the restrictions of royal life, they are free to renounce their royal titles anytime.

For one thing Diana was not doing much charity work in her last year or 2... and she was out of the RF and had lost her HRH. Harry and Meghan have spoken of wanting to make an independent income, and they seem to be veering towards a political kind of charity work...
The only reason they get invited to these zoom chats with charities and organisations is because they are duke and Duchess of Sussex which is because of Harry's royal ancestry... If they gave up mentioning the Dukedom which they have because of the royal ancestry, they would not get invites to talk to Gloria Steinem or whatever...

If they TRULY want to be free from the restrictions of royal life, they are free to renounce their royal titles anytime.
Stricty speaking they have left it too late to renounce the Dukedom, and they have been barred from using HRH in commercial dealings...but they coudl make it known that from now on they will be just known as Harry and Meghan Mountbatten Windsor...

Well I'm going to be cynical about it, so apologies to those who aren't. Lovely idea with forget me nots and kids but there's no reason they had to bring a photographer - especially as Harry has publicly talked about how he feels about the media and cameras in relation to her death. Or that they couldn't do something in their back garden with Archie - yes I'm aware they possibly have done that as well.

But it's something that I'm sure Diana would like, but it also reminds the public that they're doing "independent royal events" and Harry is Diana's son. Two things they need to trade on. I hope the charity benefited. I'm just massively cynical about this, which is a shame.

Actually you are stop on _ I have for a while attempted to get hold of the brief of the Sussex PR campaign. Several people have actually , no hate on them _ I followed the public relation campaigns of many people celebrities and politicians. Either way it is an expensive, all inclusive massive project involving all forms of media. You would have noticed that Sky news, and the news Corp publications are in. Of course you would have expected Harpers Bazaar.
So currently this is how I have it for Harry it is to constantly remind you that he is the son of Diana , continuing her legacy. Little lost boy found found and loved and happy. Check how many times Harry mentions his army career in interviews. Yep , pt 2 _ I am brave and courageous but I am also a feminist, caring for nature, have mental issues and cry at events. Of course these are not inclusive. But the public surely Has realizing that they are been feed information - it worries me that people aren’t actually.
With Meghan they are. Pushing too hard on too many qualities and aspects that they want to draw attention too. Also and this is really what bugs me - they are not showing Meghan they are showing that she is exactly like Angelina Jolie, and Michelle Obama, Doctor King and Beyoncé and Gloria Steinhem and Oprah and every other strong independent women and person of color that has ever existed and more. This is not how a PR company works and I know that they have hired a crack team including reputation rehabilitates so this is really all over the place. You cannot be everything holy under the sun, regardless of how much you have paid for your pr firm.
Which is why I think that Meghan and Harry came up with this idea themselves and thE Pr company are simply following along. They are getting paid, but I expect that they will be replaced within 6 months.

perhaps he wanted to remember his Mother and wishes that his wife and baby could have known her.

Diana could have taken on the name of Lady Diana Mountbatten-Windsor as well, but she stuck with Diana, Princess of Wales. Do you have an idea how it's common in the British aristocracy? I don't. But that and the fact that Sarah M-W uses Sarah, Duchess of York tells me that it's not as you seem to thik it should be.

They had a big public thing in 2017, on the 20th anniversary, including TV programes

That is correct, I think I am correct in saying the sons did interviews for a documentary, did they not also say something to the effect of time to move on.

Other than the the tenth and twentieth ,I believe they have always remained private at this time.

All these comments basically wish the Sussexes, especially Meghan, fall off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again. They are doing charity work; the organization made the tweet and they may have their own staffer to take the picture. The quest for privacy is for the media to not to harass neighbors, go through their garbage bins and go to disgruntled relatives who were expecting a come up because of a royal marriage to get stories. Wheeling out a child who is so far down the line of succession for display is a bridge too far especially when the same media trashes his parents for money. The Sussexes are setting their own narrative for their work . Their titles have not been taken because apparently there is no legal grounds...unless they are working with enemies of the UK or US. Other royals wouldn't get noticed if they didn't have their titles whether they are working or not especially their causes. Let Harry and Meghan do their work.

I see where you are coming from, but they are not free of the Royal ancestry as they still use the titles, and Harry and Archie have not given up their right of succession, so I think the point posters are making are that they want to be free of the restrictions but still want the plus sides. i.e. trading on the name.

Saw the event today. I think it's all just publicity. There is no other reason to commemorate someone, when you usually do it privately, in public. William said three years ago he didn't want to be defined by his mother's death. Hey ho.

Last edited:
Actually you are stop on _ I have for a while attempted to get hold of the brief of the Sussex PR campaign. Several people have actually , no hate on them _ I followed the public relation campaigns of many people celebrities and politicians. Either way it is an expensive, all inclusive massive project involving all forms of media. You would have noticed that Sky news, and the news Corp publications are in. Of course you would have expected Harpers Bazaar.
So currently this is how I have it for Harry it is to constantly remind you that he is the son of Diana , continuing her legacy. Little lost boy found found and loved and happy. Check how many times Harry mentions his army career in interviews. Yep , pt 2 _ I am brave and courageous but I am also a feminist, caring for nature, have mental issues and cry at events. Of course these are not inclusive. But the public surely Has realizing that they are been feed information - it worries me that people aren’t actually.
With Meghan they are. Pushing too hard on too many qualities and aspects that they want to draw attention too. Also and this is really what bugs me - they are not showing Meghan they are showing that she is exactly like Angelina Jolie, and Michelle Obama, Doctor King and Beyoncé and Gloria Steinhem and Oprah and every other strong independent women and person of color that has ever existed and more. This is not how a PR company works and I know that they have hired a crack team including reputation rehabilitates so this is really all over the place. You cannot be everything holy under the sun, regardless of how much you have paid for your pr firm.
Which is why I think that Meghan and Harry came up with this idea themselves and thE Pr company are simply following along. They are getting paid, but I expect that they will be replaced within 6 months.

[.....]

They won't be firing SS, Meghan has been using their services since before she and Harry were even engaged.
whether or not she is using the same team as she did a year ago... that's anybody's guess.
The overall PR is bad because, as with Finding Freedom, you can only sale something that is unlikable for so long before people catch on to it being not what the tin box says it is and they turn away from it. (that's the issue with alot of those influencers and low grade celebrities, as opposed to the royal family, they sale themselves and 9 out of 10 these celebs are just not likable)

[.....]
To me, as someone who lost a parent too at a young age like Harry.. I'd be deeply hurt if my partner did something like this.

:previous: Welcome to The Royal Forums! I hope you enjoy it here even if you despise the royals...

I guess you already found out that this is not a fan board (and never was supposed to be) but a place to discuss all things royal, so I hope you enjoy contributing to it and will take into consideration what those who have followed royals sometimes for decades have to add about the role of royalty. Hopefully, you'll find other royals that you like to learn more about.

I don't think she cares much for the rest of the family. I think she said she "despises them", so...

Last edited by a moderator:
An appearancce at Diana's statue's unveiling is likely considering that even the Duke and Duchess of Windsor broke their exile to be present at the unveling of a statue of Queen Mary.

I am not betting on seeing them on the balcony at Trooping after their surrogates' attacks on the Cambridges.

I would not put Harry and Meghan in the same category of the Windsors. The Queen did say they would be welcome back. Queen Mary would never ever receive her daughter in law. Edward did visit his mother but did not bring his wife. There were no children in the marriage of the Windsors. Harry and Meghan have a child and maybe will have a second one--Harry and Meghan did say they wanted two children. The statue of Queen Mary was in the sixties and the Queen did want her Uncle to come with his wife. The Queen, Philip and Charles even visited the Windsors when he was ill. I would like to think that Harry and Meghan will attend the event. I think DIana would have wanted both her sons and their spouses present. I also don't think the Sussexes are exiled. They would be welcome back.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41091477

Actually, William and Harry did mark other anniversaries besides the concert. They (and Kate) came out for the 20th anniversary.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41091477

Harry, as Diana's son, has every right to mark the anniversary of his mother's death any way he chooses, IMO. And I say that as a person who lost their mother at the same age as Harry and William lost theirs. He and Meghan aren't partying. They joined in the replanting of a garden at a pre-school which has many pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that activity at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 25th Anniversary will probably be another "landmark" celebration, with perhaps a concert or another sort of tribute. I liked what Harry and Meghan did, re replanting of a garden. It really also is appropriate in this year emphasizing regrowth.

Diana could have taken on the name of Lady Diana Mountbatten-Windsor as well, but she stuck with Diana, Princess of Wales. Do you have an idea how it's common in the British aristocracy? But that and the fact that Sarah M-W uses Sarah, Duchess of York tells me that it's not as you seem to thik it should be.

The default convention for divorced women in the UK (until they remarry) is [First Given Name], [Husband's Title]. Diana's own mother was known as Frances, Viscountess Althorp after her divorce and before she remarried.

Closed for moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom