General News about the Sussex Family, Part Three: August-September 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree JR76.

That playground alone for Archie.

Forget the playground. I can picture Grampa Charles chomping at the bit to get into those garden areas and plants and start diggin' around. :D

Its a beautiful place and I love how nature fits into the scheme of it all. Its not garish or as Charles would say, "a carbuncle" but seems perfectly suited for its environment. I love the place but I'd hate to have to clean it and it'd take me weeks to find my way back from the bathroom. :lol:

You and me both, Osipi, after a certain age, when it comes to cleaning huge houses 'cosy' is best! I would think that every bedroom would have a bathroom though. What a stunner of a place!

Really, if this is the house it is really impressive! I didn't mind living in a house like that, either.

My favourite out of the ones suggested. They have good taste. I can't see Meghan or Harry doing much cleaning, gardening though. I'm sure they'd have a housekeeper and other 'help'. I think it is the one where many of the rooms have beams...perhaps a little English touch that appealed to Harry.

I definitely can see Meghan in her element with that kitchen. I do think both Harry and Meghan are far more domesticated than we tend to think they are. With having such natural surroundings on his property and with knowing that Harry does love to putter and garden, I can imagine long talks with Papa about what to do about this problem or what plant would be best here or there.

I'm also happy for the dogs. They have lots of places to go and sniff and prowl and trees to water to their heart's content. Happy place, happy family. No problem with entertaining out of town guests either as there's plenty of room and from what I know, Meghan is very adept at hostessing and making people feel comfortable.

I think the Sussexes honestly will be in their element living there. ?

Well that is a gorgeous home.

This house has my tick of approval. The grounds are full of character and interesting places for a little boy with two dogs to explore. A great place for a little boy to grow up. As you say it puts Frogmore cottage to shame.
Here's hoping that this is the forever home.

If this is the home, then I agree that it is the most attractive and sumptuous of all the ones I've seen today.

Archie has a larger playground than most public parks!

Can't help thinking it adds weight to Frogmore being a bit of an insult when compared to their new home (if it is the one), Amner Hall, Bagshot and Royal Lodge. Maybe as 'working royals' and higher in the line of succession it felt quite unfair to be given Frogmore in comparison. I'm sure this has all been discussed before but I never thought a 'possession' would make me feel a bit of sympathy for Harry. I just hope he will be happy here.

Can't help thinking it adds weight to Frogmore being a bit of an insult when compared to their new home (if it is the one), Amner Hall, Bagshot and Royal Lodge. Maybe as 'working royals' and higher in the line of succession it felt quite unfair to be given Frogmore in comparison. I'm sure this has all been discussed before but I never thought a 'possession' would make me feel a bit of sympathy for Harry. I just hope he will be happy here.

The big difference now though is that Harry and Meghan *own* their own home whereas the residents of Amner Hall, Bagshot and Royal Lodge do not. :D

Thanks Sun Lion for the Luxatic link, at least I can see the kitchen now. And it has a butlers pantry.
Well I hope this is The One, as we know the media got it wrong before.

Thanks Sun Lion for the Luxatic link, at least I can see the kitchen now. And it has a butlers pantry.
Well I hope this is The One, as we know the media got it wrong before.

Yes, I agree Tarlita, don't want to be gushing about the wrong property.

This "LA Times" article has something about tax records associated with this house matching previous business entities of the Duchess, so I guess that is a bit more "proof" - if correct.

https://www.latimes.com/business/re...ince-harry-meghan-markle-buy-montecito-estate

Last edited:

I don't feel sorry for them about Frogmore at all. They could have bought their own estate (perhaps with Charles' help) allegedly Harry was previously putting out feelers to do just that when he met Meghan. It's possible they didn't want to be next door neighbours with William and Kate because of The Feud (TM) But they were given a house which was remodelled and redecorated at taxpayer expense. If they felt it was too humble, they were free to refuse. They weren't going to get Frogmore House because it's a museum and hasn't been lived in for about 150 years and private apartments in Windsor castle aren't very grand either. The Royal Lodge and Bagshot Park are on long leases and Andrew and Edward have refurbished them at their own expense and have let cottages out etc.

All of the ones suggested are very luxurious so I hope they're happy but they aren't the style you get in an English country manor either, unless you spend millions make it "Montecito style" or whatever so it's completely apples and oranges.

Forget the playground. I can picture Grampa Charles chomping at the bit to get into those garden areas and plants and start diggin' around. :D

Its a beautiful place and I love how nature fits into the scheme of it all. Its not garish or as Charles would say, "a carbuncle" but seems perfectly suited for its environment. I love the place but I'd hate to have to clean it and it'd take me weeks to find my way back from the bathroom. :lol:

Why wuodl charles be wanting to dig up their garden area? Possibly he' may never see the place

Why wuodl charles be wanting to dig up their garden area? Possibly he' may never see the place

You expect a man that is totally passionate about his land, his plants his landscaping and would happily spend hours digging in the dirt and making things grow to *not* be curious about the flora and fauna that Harry has? I would bet my last egg roll that Charles and Harry probably have already talked extensively about the gardens and plants but there's no surefire way to prove it.

What's to stop Charles and Camilla from coming to visit California? I can't think of any reasons at all. ?

You expect a man that is totally passionate about his land, his plants his landscaping and would happily spend hours digging in the dirt and making things grow to *not* be curious about the flora and fauna that Harry has? I would bet my last egg roll that Charles and Harry probably have already talked extensively about the gardens and plants but there's no surefire way to prove it.

What's to stop Charles and Camilla from coming to visit California? I can't think of any reasons at all. ?

There is a pandemic, and we don't know when it will end. And i suspect that Charles and Harry have been having a rather tense relationship... of late. They have other stuff to talk about besides plants...
I suppose it is possible in a few years that Charles wil find time to go to America.. but I wouldn't put money on it..

This is one of the reasons that British public are fed up with them, they appear to always feel slighted.
It was assumed at the beginning that they would move into one of the KP apartments, but for whatever reason that did not happen, there have been various theories as to why but I will not go into them.
They were hurt because their photograph was not on the table at Xmas time, that W & K go before them, they obviously felt slighted or annoyed about the order of entrance to the Commonwealth service, or why was it changed at the last minute. I would have told them go in when you are meant to or not at all.

If I know about the order of entrance at an event, the historical significance of the photographs etc I cannot believe Harry doesn't, I can excuse Meghan but not him. The mixed messages of wanting a private life but annoyed because the family photograph is not on a table.

Now according to reports they feel slighted because the £2m house was not enough.

I am so dumbfounded with Harry, he really does not get it, he was brought up within the family, knows what goes on, should understand the significance of the photographs at Xmas, if you were to go back all the queens broadcast and look at the photographs you would see what I mean.

I really liked Meghan and was hopeful for what as a team they could bring to the role and to the country. I was critical of some of the things at the beginning as I felt she was flouting protocol for the sake of it and needed to bed in and make positive changes slowly. The more I read I now think Harry is at fault because he has not helped Meghan prepare, and on her part I am not sure if she fully understood the role, IMO she thought it made her an A list celebrity.

I am also disappointed that people have been named in this book, outwith the family, who probably cannot fight back. I just cannot envisage a situation where they come back on a visit and all turn up at granny's house at the same time as all the family. I would love to be a fly on the wall if they did though.

I have also been considering the differences between Kate and Meghan.
Once again only my opinion but Kate appears to be a shy young woman that wanted a family, a nice home and William and was willing to pay the price of the role that went with it but under neath she wants to be a wife and mother.

Whereas Meghan has had to work hard to make inroads into her career, and move up the pole as they say, obviously more confident due to her working background,and she is still looking to raise her profile by taking on projects that put her out there. Meghan is used to hard work moving her up the greasy pole, it isn't like that in the BRF or Anne would be next in line to the throne.
Obviously all this is just my opinion on what has been written about the book in all forms of media and what it has revealed by whatever source.

Frogmore was a bit of an insult??? I dont believe it. They're supposed to be "woke" and concerned for the poor of the world and they think that a free house, in a country location near the queen, which they have gotten because of their position.. is an INSULT??????
I DIDNT like Meghan, at the first, and I've tired to see if she has any good points, over the past 2 years and I can't see many.. And Im half sorry for Harry but I feel that he's walked himself into this one and he comes across as so stupid that I have little patience. I agree that there may be some excuse for Meghan not knowing how things go in the RF, but there's none for him.. and HE seems to be just as clueless about the royal ways as she is. Eiher that or he was so scared of her ditching him that he didn't tell her a lot of stuff.
I am no great fan of Kate's but last night I watched a few mins of her engagement interview and she said something like "she didn't know much about things but she was going to learn". I still think that she should have known more.. I don't think she was more than averagely well up on royal protocol.. but she had the sense to say "I don't know things and Im going to learn them" rather than Meg's "I'm going to hit the ground running.." and then "I can't stand it here I'm going to run away.."

I'm not just saying it to be awks but I really don't like the house the DM is reporting to be theirs, mainly on the interior which of course can change. But for the price I much preferred some of the other rumoured houses TBH.

Hey if they want to drop £11million on a house so be it, but the UK public may start to ask if they can afford £11million on their own house how are they getting on repaying the £2.5million we spent on a house for them?

As to Frogmore being an insult, at the time it was said it was perfect for them, bigger than Nottingham Cottage (which they loved the cosines of) but not a Palace. This is very much at odds with that, I wonder if they are trying to sell two different versions of themselves based on the audience -

UK audience - we like living in Notts Cott and Frogmore Cottage because we are so laid back and not fussed about "royal" we are happy in small properties

USA audience - here we are in one of the most exclusive neighbourhoods of LA ina mega mansion because we are royalty.

Not a criticism, their money their choice, just interesting.

I'aid it was perfect for them, bigger than Nottingham Cottage (which they loved the cosines of) but not a Palace. This is very much at odds with that, I wonder if they are trying to sell two different versions of themselves based on the audience -

UK audience - we like living in Notts Cott and Frogmore Cottage because we are so laid back and not fussed about "royal" we are happy in small properties

USA audience - here we are in one of the most exclusive neighbourhoods of LA ina mega mansion because we are royalty.

Not a criticism, their money their choice, just interesting.

Its more of a cultural thing, I think. In the UK, the upper classes however rich and grand, make a thing of "not acting rich"... and saying "we prefer our shabby old country house which has draughts and worn carpets to a big millionaires mansion with all the luxuries." So I expect when living in the UK they felt obliged to act like this.. though I think that Megan probably was disappointed not to get a bigger grander house.

I think Meghan & Harry bought a marvellous property. But: Somewhere I did read, their combined net worth is only 33 million. The villa, which they will refurbish, I assume, roughly half of it! Plus all the costs to keep it up (Gardeners, Pool Boy, taxes etc.)! And will Meghan or her mom cook?

This is all in all perhaps a little bit to much in the long run?

Their finances do seem a bit off, their mortgage on this must be a good six figure sum each year, plus they have committed to £18,000 a month paying back Frogmore costs, the bills stack up quite suddenly. Hey, its their money so they can do what they want with it.

Their finances do seem a bit off, their mortgage on this must be a good six figure sum each year, plus they have committed to £18,000 a month paying back Frogmore costs, the bills stack up quite suddenly. Hey, its their money so they can do what they want with it.

well it keeps coming back to money. It seems to me that they are quite ready to take big financial favours from people, including people they don't even know like T Perry.. which doesn't make one admire them very much...and that while they claimed that they wanted to achieve financial independence, they (given their private fortune) must be still getting help from Charles...
So people who claim to be wanting to work for the poor and to have radical sympathies, seem to want to live the life of Riley at the expense of anyone who is willing to help them out...

There is a pandemic, and we don't know when it will end. And i suspect that Charles and Harry have been having a rather tense relationship... of late. They have other stuff to talk about besides plants...
I suppose it is possible in a few years that Charles wil find time to go to America.. but I wouldn't put money on it..

You keep saying that about Charles and Harry when all reports, including from in the book, say that’s not true. You know, they can talk about many things ....

On another note, if Harry and Meghan were “insulted” by Frogmore, then that’s about the last straw for me. Good lord, they are so incredibly spoiled and entitled...not to mention resentful. Their poisonous jealousy is toxic.

Last edited:
You keep saying that about Charles and Harry when all reports, including from in the book, say that’s not true. You know, they can talk about many things ....

On another note, if Harry and Meghan were “insulted” by Frogmore, then that’s about the last straw for me. Good lord, they are so incredibly spoiled and entitled...not to mention resentful. Their poisonous jealousy is toxic.

They can talk about all sorts of things, but I dont know of Harry Being interested in gardening. And IMO they will probably stick to non contentious subjects like how Archie is, sicne I can't imagine Charles is very happy that his son is living in LA, having walked out on his job and is now it appears doing a Diana by the use of a book which makes the RF look bad.

I think Meghan & Harry bought a marvellous property. But: Somewhere I did read, their combined net worth is only 33 million. The villa, which they will refurbish, I assume, roughly half of it! Plus all the costs to keep it up (Gardeners, Pool Boy, taxes etc.)! And will Meghan or her mom cook?

This is all in all perhaps a little bit to much in the long run?

In the long run Harry is the queen's grandson and the second son of the Prince of Wales. neither are paupers and as such Harry can expect and adequate inheritance which will make it easy for him to pay up on his mortgage. (Or just imagine the queen sending her trusted Angela Kelly into the vastness of the unknown vaults to select some ugly, but old pieces of jewelery and send them via courier to H&M (or directly to Sotheby's) for a discreet sale on auction.) There is no need at all to worry about Harry when it comes to money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom