The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 11:53 PM
Majesty

I think the little emoji says it all. It would be easier for Doria to travel there and meet with Meghan and Harry. Her home would have been out of the question as the media would have had it under watch since they heard the Sussexes were celebrating Thanksgiving with her mum.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:33 AM
Majesty

Yes I think the little Sussex family is holed up somewhere cosy in Canada, with friends around and that Doria is with home. I hope they have fun but also get some peace and rest until after Xmas as well.

Old 11-29-2019, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Tiny Tickers Charity appreciates donations received through support inspired by the Duke & Duchess of Sussex

https://twitter.com/tinytickers/stat...40207938629634
Old 12-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Courtier

St. Felix Centre in Toronto, which provides services for homeless people, is one of the charities highlighted by SussexRoyal Instagram in December.
Meghan used to volunteer there while she lived in Canada.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-royal-duties/

Old 12-15-2019, 01:10 PM
Nobility

WOW! When those two wanna disappear they do not play around!! There have been no sightings since Thanksgiving.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
WOW! When those two wanna disappear they do not play around!! There have been no sightings since Thanksgiving.
And I miss them terribly. Royal watching hasnít been the same for me since they went on break. Now, Iím waiting for some Christmas card pics and on to the new year when they officially launch their Royal Foundation. Iím not gonna lie, itís been dull without Harry and Meghan around.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-15-2019, 01:36 PM
Majesty

^^^^^^ Isn't it wonderful. No mean spirited stories in the media because when they try it doesn't get any traction. They are reduced to retelling old news as they get a taste if life without the Sussexes.

Meanwhile, here in the real world, there's a nice feeling that it's Christmas and we are enjoying simple pleasures and cyber world is publishing interesting articles about all the Duchesses best ensembles for 2019.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
^^^^^^ Isn't it wonderful. No mean spirited stories in the media because when they try it doesn't get any traction. They are reduced to retelling old news as they get a taste if life without the Sussexes.

Meanwhile, here in the real world, there's a nice feeling that it's Christmas and we are enjoying simple pleasures and cyber world is publishing interesting articles about all the Duchesses best ensembles for 2019.
Well, there are mean spirited stories - they just have a different target at the moment. I do hope that when the Sussexes return to public duties the coverage will be less overtly hostile and that this new family have been enjoying Archieís first holiday season.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Honestly I miss them….
Old 12-15-2019, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

I miss the Sussexes and their brand of royal work.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah, the nasty stories can go and suck big eggs but I truly miss Harry and Meghan and hearing about Archie from the couple. I hope they’re having a nice and relaxing break though. A very busy royal calendar is coming up in the new year.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-16-2019, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
With this being the holiday season, I couldn't help but think that with the Sussexes being on a hiatus out of the public eye, the public itself is getting to experience what its like if there were no Sussexes at all. Kind of a George Bailey "Its A Wonderful Life" kind of thing. It will make us appreciate them even more when they do return to their royal roles.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-16-2019, 08:12 AM
Majesty

I miss Harry and Meghan terribly too. So looking forward to seeing them both in January. However the Press will never leave them alone, unfortunately.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I miss Harry and Meghan terribly too. So looking forward to seeing them both in January. However the Press will never leave them alone, unfortunately.
Now they will create even more of a spectacle after taking time out of the spotlight...
Old 12-16-2019, 09:18 AM
Majesty

Helping to make even more money for their charities, interacting and chatting/joking with people they meet on their engagements, Harry having a ball with children, Meghan making thoughtful speeches again. It will be great!
Old 12-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am glad they have been away. It has been fascinating watching how the press has reacted to it and the stories they have attempted to come up with. Interesting taste of a real possibility in a future of them not being part of the monarchy (if it came down to it).

They will be back next year though and it will be back to normal. Hoping for a better 2020 for everyone. :)
Old 12-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Now they will create even more of a spectacle after taking time out of the spotlight...
What does this even mean? That they will get back to work promoting charities and worthwhile causes? Yep, that is their work and their passion.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I am glad they have been away. It has been fascinating watching how the press has reacted to it and the stories they have attempted to come up with. Interesting taste of a real possibility in a future of them not being part of the monarchy (if it came down to it).

They will be back next year though and it will be back to normal. Hoping for a better 2020 for everyone. :)
The fascination is how the BRITISH press has reacted to the Sussex Christmas gambit. Clearly they have not sent their intrepid reporters in pursuit of the young family spending Christmas in Los Angeles so that lessons have already been learned. What I find wonderful and impressive is how the US press and, more specifically, the Angelenos, have left the family alone. Correct me, fellow TRF members, if I am wrong, but I think even the paps realise that the Sussex family is kryptonite for tabloid editors. I have hopes that the new year will see a much improved relationship between the Sussex family and the press.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

They are not releasing their location for the holidays probably to make sure the Markles don't try and show up with "presents" for Archie and a camera crew moaning why they have been ghosted. So far only a rehash story from Uncle Mike and he was dragged on social medial foe his trouble.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
They're not releasing their location for the holidays simply because it is their private time and any other speculative "reasons" are just that. Pure speculation and worthless. They're spending the holidays privately and that's all we need to know.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry