General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, the words, "We operate in a way of inclusivity and we are focusing on community. And so we are completely separate from the majority of my family" does seem to imply that in his view, the BRF does not operate in an inclusive way and that they (H and M) have chosen a better approach. I have no problem believing that inclusivity is an issue in the Palace Establishment, but I really doubt that the Queen and many other family members could be accused of rejecting inclusivity. No doubt that these sentiments have been crystallized since he married Meghan, but so what? A marriage should be enriching to both parties. Still, I imagine that his words have the potential to sting some in his family, not the least William and Catherine. His words are very much in the line of "we have it right and you don't".

Yep. Assuming he said that, he’s basically saying- we’re right, you’re wrong to his family. Ouch. (Has Harry completely lost his filter?) What a thing to express to a stranger.

And I don’t personally see the members of his family being exclusive- not with their work in mental health, bullying, I know William has addressed gay rights, etc. They work on a lot of important current issues.

Regardless- if he said that- I’m just shaking my head.

I would have thought he or BP would have denied this recording if it wasn’t true. It really doesn’t look good imo.

Would he have said that Boris Johnson is a good man? I don’t believe this call is real.

Real or not....for most people its not beyond the realm of credibility that Harry might have said these things and that speaks volumes of how he and Meghan are perceived. They have an image issue here: do they appear as reckless zealots or reasonable activists? "appear" being the operative term---I have no real idea as to which they actually are.

You know the thing that made me think of a toddler was the: I was in the army for 10 years. I am more normal than my family think? What more than your brother and cousins and one with actual civilian jobs. More normal than your grandfather who had a great career pre Queendom. More normal than your grandmother who was a trained mechanic in the war. I mean really
He sounds, if true, like a toddler.

I wonder if (in the phone conversation) Harry is emphasizing his own psychological boundaries: this is essential for good mental health. That being said, the words, "We operate in a way of inclusivity and we are focusing on community. And so we are completely separate from the majority of my family" does seem to imply that in his view, the BRF does not operate in an inclusive way and that they (H and M) have chosen a better approach. I have no problem believing that inclusivity is an issue in the Palace Establishment, but I really doubt that the Queen and many other family members could be accused of rejecting inclusivity. No doubt that these sentiments have been crystallized since he married Meghan, but so what? A marriage should be enriching to both parties. Still, I imagine that his words have the potential to sting some in his family, not the least William and Catherine. His words are very much in the line of "we have it right and you don't".

Thanks, this struck me most. He seems to keep the role if a victim still but accusing others.
One can only hope he gets good coaching and with some distance begins to feel better one day though this might be a wake-up-call and bring more clouds for the two.

If this is true and the whole thing not a hoax, Harry commenting on political stuff is nothing new...several members of the family (Charles, William etc) who are working Royals stray into that area, life goes on.

LaRae

That’s fine, I’m not THAT bothered by that part of it...

Yep. Assuming he said that, he’s basically saying- we’re right, you’re wrong to his family. Ouch. (Has Harry completely lost his filter?) What a thing to express to a stranger.

And I don’t personally see the members of his family being exclusive- not with their work in mental health, bullying, I know William has addressed gay rights, etc. They work on a lot of important current issues.

Regardless- if he said that- I’m just shaking my head.

I would have thought he or BP would have denied this recording if it wasn’t true. It really doesn’t look good imo.

I’m just reading that full quote now - ouch is right; why did he even have to mention his family? That has nothing to do with what he said just before it. I feel like Harry, even if he’s still close with his Pa and grandma, somehow feels wounded and subconsciously feels the need to strike out with these kinds of passive-aggressive comments.

Poppy:

You know the thing that made me think of a toddler was the: I was in the army for 10 years. I am more normal than my family think? What more than your brother and cousins and one with actual civilian jobs. More normal than your grandfather who had a great career pre Queendom. More normal than your grandmother who was a trained mechanic in the war. I mean really

Yeah, what was up with that? Does he think his father doesn’t know him? His brother ? He seems to be implying that they didn’t do enough to help him, or that they should have known that he wanted a different life...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is... this is why many of us say this marriage is toxic, and that Meghan does not really love Harry - this is imo proof of it. Because a truly loving partner would have found a way to fix and treat these emotional wounds he is carrying, they would have been a source of healing (as Catherine has been, until...) rather than poke and feed the monster, until this is what happens...

Half of what he said about striking out alone sounded like something Meghan would say, that much is obvious.
Also: penguins in the North Pole? Seriously?!

I truly worry for Harry, what she is doing to him, and what will remain of him when she is done with him.
And, from what I gathered, he is once again, left alone to deal with the fall out? She’s back in Canada, he’s still in the UK?

But my heart breaks for the royal family who have to see their beloved son slowly but surely hitting rock bottom.

That being said, I hope there is a recording of Megahn I am ready for her to be outed for who she really is. Sadly that will probably still not make Harry see the reality of his marriage.

Last edited:
That’s fine, I’m not THAT bothered by that part of it...

There is a very big difference between "wading into political issues" or issues that are seen by some to be politically-minded and making personal attacks on elected officials, particularly those of other nations. I think we are seeing far less of an outcry here because Harry's supposed comments line up with the general public mood. Imagine if he had made similar comments about an elected leader who was in general public favor.

If you are ok with a senior member of the Royal Family (and you can't read a page here without being reminded that Harry is a senior member of the RF at the moment) making these comments about the president of an ally, brace yourself for when your favored political party is in power.

Quoting you just as a representative of the general ongoing conversation, Betsypaige.

Again, assuming any of this turns out to be true.

It's now been almost 24 hours since this broke, it's on the front page or top of the page on every magazine, newspaper, and website, and the pranksters have promised more releases this week. The fact that there has been no hint of a denial by now absolutely tells me this is true. It's true, it's embarrassing, and it might actually be pretty damning. I realize that often denials aren't issued and stories are left to wither away but in this particular case, I would completely and totally expect a fast and firm denial followed shortly by a threat to sue if it were untrue.

This is... this is why many of us say this marriage is toxic, and that Meghan does not really love Harry - this is imo proof of it. Because a truly loving partner would have found a way to fix and treat these emotional wounds he is carrying, they would have been a source of healing (as Catherine has been, until...) rather than poke and feed the monster, until this is what happens...

Half of what he said about striking out alone sounded like something Meghan would say, that much is obvious.
Also: penguins in the North Pole? Seriously?!

I truly worry for Harry, what she is doing to him, and what will remain of him when she is done with him.
And, from what I gathered, he is once again, left alone to deal with the fall out? She’s back in Canada, he’s still in the UK?

But my heart breaks for the royal family who have to see their beloved son slowly but surely hitting rock bottom.

That being said, I hope there is a recording of Megahn I am ready for her to be outed for who she really is. Sadly that will probably still not make Harry see the reality of his marriage.

It’s not Meghan’s job to heal her husband. Love can’t fix another person - anyone who’s ever cared about an addict, an alcoholic, or someone who’s committed suicide knows that. Putting the burden of fixing someone with mental health issues onto their wife or family is wrong and it will not work.

If Harry’s emotional health is as fragile as some of his past statements make it seem then he might need professional help. He has access to the best help available. He has the money, he has the time. There’s nothing stopping him from working on any issue HE feels needs improvement. Meghan can encourage and support him during what’s often a difficult and ongoing process but she cannot fix him. Period.

Poppy:

Yeah, what was up with that? Does he think his father doesn’t know him? His brother ? He seems to be implying that they didn’t do enough to help him, or that they should have known that he wanted a different life...

Mote I am so normal. None if them would u understand. To be honest of the Queens six grown up grandchildren. Harry is the one I would consider least likely to be able to survive. And the one which I would send to the military as a providing boundaries organisation.

Without the royal cloak and dagger Harry will just so himself ip to be what he is: a below average guy who would have survived as a cheeky happy. A Dell boy type.

It’s not Meghan’s job to heal her husband. Love can’t fix another person - anyone who’s ever cared about an addict, an alcoholic, or someone who’s committed suicide knows that. Putting the burden of fixing someone with mental health issues onto their wife or family is wrong and it will not work.

If Harry’s emotional health is as fragile as some of his past statements make it seem then he might need professional help. He has access to the best help available. He has the money, he has the time. There’s nothing stopping him from working on any issue HE feels needs improvement. Meghan can encourage and support him during what’s often a difficult and ongoing process but she cannot fix him. Period.

Well Quite. But I guess partners should not antagonize it. Harry has had counselling and he can certainly afford to keep it up for life. And to be honest if I could afford the luxury I would sign up for twice a wèek for life

Well Quite. But I guess partners should not antagonize it. Harry has had counselling and he can certainly afford to keep it up for life. And to be honest if I could afford the luxury I would sign up for twice a wèek for life

This is my point, a supportive partner who wishes to bring stability to their partner life and help them fight their demons would not antagonize their partner.. ie “feed the beast”.- and by all evidence to me it is obvious this is what Megan has done.

Her job is not to heal, but to help him heal and find peace- but it can not be at the any expense of throwing your family under the bus, rather than being a connecting bridge of support for whatever issues he had with his family and find a way to forgive them and himself, she seems to have fed his issue with poison rather than love.

Look at William, think of everything he went through with his mom at a young age, the press, his family.. think of emotional ticking bomb he could have become if not for the support of Catherine (and likely her family).

Personally I'm over feeling sorry for Harry , maybe he needs to try a different approach to the therapy he has said, he has experienced over the year's . As has been posted before Meghan cannot provide the cure , she can only support Harry on his journey to a better mental state . He needs to stop basing his perception on how he / Meghan are viewed on the comments sections of certain tabloid's . During her time on Suit's Meghan even received death threat's online based on the actions of her fictional character !! She was mature enough to move past that, I hope she can pass on that wisdom to Harry . I am feeling more concerned about Greta Thunberg , a young lady who has to a large extent, learnt to deal with her own mental issues by focusing her energies on a global problem . Having her work " hijacked "by these pranksters is appalling .

Normal guy serving in the, miltary? He 'reportedly' had armed guards when he was in Afghan willing to put their own lives down in order for him to play hero. *sigh

This is... this is why many of us say this marriage is toxic,

This was crystallised [for me], on watching the Commonwealth Service - she grinning like a Cheshire Cat throughout, [playing to the Camera'] whilst he was in evident distress.. NO spouse would be like that when their partner is so clearly upset.

I don't know what it was, but it wasn't the love, care or support a Wife shows a Husband..

Last edited:
Normal guy serving in the, miltary? He 'reportedly' had armed guards when he was in Afghan willing to put their own lives down in order for him to play hero. *sigh

Thanks! I know for some it is difficult to see any soldier criticised but in Harry's case I have always been thinking the same as you. He was very well protected,
maybe not his choice but should keep a low profile about it IMO.

Did anyone else see Meghan having this triumphant smile all Monday long during the service, compared to Harry's tense looks a big contrast I thought.
I felt sorry for all of them, no one can be happy with all this mess.
Plus what he said to these Russians ( and they never cheated so why should they now, let's be realistic they are well known for exactly this kind of pranks) , at the moment he seems to really want to harm his family's reputation, the website with its embarrassing sidekicks to HM...
I hope this will stop, but doubt it. so far they kept reposting old pics and stories on their instagram. of course soon things will get boring but what do they want to rely on? Suits, Afghanistan? They do not have much to offer from their past.

But surely it will be aomehow boring here without new Sussex scandals -
honi soit qui mal y pense :D

Last edited:
I'll believe this when I can hear audio and it's confirmed it's Harry speaking. Until then I'll take this with a grain of salt, like most other news in that type of papers. Positive or negative, I don't have much trust in them.

There are some articles up about the conversation as well as information on the hackers who are known to have successfully prank-called other famous people.

In Harry's case, nothing has been confirmed. Some reports indicate that calls would have first been screened, likely by staffers at BP prior to being put through to Harry in Vancouver. Reportedly, there were two separate calls. An animated audio excerpt was posted on Youtube. And a full transcript of the two calls has been published.

There are portions where it sounds very much like Harry, but again it's unconfirmed and inconclusive.

In any case, nothing that's said is particularly incriminating. If it's true that the real Harry was pranked, it's more embarrassing than anything else. Plus, The Sun is involved in reporting the scoop, and Harry has already lodged a lawsuit against them for past phone hi-jacking of their own.

Article with transcript of Harry's alleged comments:
https://iknowallnews.com/world-news...-harrys-bizarre-call-with-russian-pranksters/

Background on the pranksters:
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2016...prank-callers-target-kremlin-opponents-a52163

Commentary about the prank:
https://www.laineygossip.com/prince...-prank-callers-posing-as-greta-thunberg/63768

My only comment on that can be that Harry has always showed his emotions ,as his late mother did , whilst Meghan has, as an actress , { which I know she technically ceased to be } , had to project a certain public persona as part of her job . She like the rest of the Windsor's had to just carry on and do her job , at least in public . Unfortunately that attitude did not survive her marriage . Perhaps caring for an emotionally damaged husband / new life , and motherhood was too much for anyone to deal with . In my opinion , " the cheshire cat ", look was a mask , I think the "toxic marriage " comment is unfair . To me she look's like a woman who has found herself dealing ,not with an adult partner , but with two children , {solo} . leaving the royal life might be the only way open for this marriage / family to survive .

There is a very big difference between "wading into political issues" or issues that are seen by some to be politically-minded and making personal attacks on elected officials, particularly those of other nations. I think we are seeing far less of an outcry here because Harry's supposed comments line up with the general public mood. Imagine if he had made similar comments about an elected leader who was in general public favor.

If you are ok with a senior member of the Royal Family (and you can't read a page here without being reminded that Harry is a senior member of the RF at the moment) making these comments about the president of an ally, brace yourself for when your favored political party is in power.

Quoting you just as a representative of the general ongoing conversation, Betsypaige.

Well like I said in my original quote, I didn't think he should wade into those waters....but I'm not going to spend my day upset about it. That's what I meant by THIS quote here.

I've seen a few comments that it sounds like someone trying to sound like Harry on the audio.

LaRae

If this is true and the whole thing not a hoax, Harry commenting on political stuff is nothing new...several members of the family (Charles, William etc) who are working Royals stray into that area, life goes on.

LaRae
They are always on a thin line.. and usually they do it, in a speech. They don't talk to some random girl they hardly know and end up on youtube.

This was crystallised [for me], on watching the Commonwealth Service - she grinning like a Cheshire Cat throughout, [playing to the Camera'] whilst he was in evident distress.. NO spouse would be like that when their partner is so clearly upset.

I don't know what it was, but it wasn't the love, care or support a Wife shows a Husband..

When I read your post wyevale , I said to myself “that’s a fact”, she always has a mannequin smile—but she’s no dummy, imo, she knows exactly what she’s doing.

They are always on a thin line.. and usually they do it, in a speech. They don't talk to some random girl they hardly know and end up on youtube.

Assuming it's true, no they don't. I'm finding it hard to believe that you can just look up Harry's number and call him. I'm rather skeptical about this whole situation for now.

LaRae

I posted about this before, but........I think this is unfair. I've been at least as harsh as anyone about Meghan, but is she not allowed to smile without negative motives being ascribed to it? If she had a blank expression on her face, she'd be criticized for being miserable. It's not her fault the camera was on her. Was anyone else playing to the camera?

I have real issues with Meghan, but I think it's important to be fair.....

AS to the audio.......I'll be honest, it only sounds like Harry on an artificial basis. Harry has a very deep voice, and this version just doesn't quite match up to the real thing (below)

Last edited:

No I doubt if Meghan can help Harry if he really is getting very messed up as he seems to be.. He was supposed to be getting professional help with his depression but if all this latest is true, he seems to be worse, not better. And it does seem that marriage to Meghan has "set him off" more than you'd expect. I was surprised last autumn that he seemed so depressed, when he was newly married, to a wife he loves and a new baby... If he was depressed after a bad marriage, that would be understandable. If he's depressed and mixed up, what is causing it? I don't think he looked all that happy durng his time in the UK.. where Meg was smiling away all the time.. he often looked tense...

Assuming it's true, no they don't. I'm finding it hard to believe that you can just look up Harry's number and call him. I'm rather skeptical about this whole situation for now.

LaRae

These people are experts in doing this sort of thing.. Some people got the queen, Austrailain DJ's prank called the hospital where Kate was in, recovering from pregnancy sickness, with tragic results. Im sure they could find H's number if they tried.

I think that unfortunately, for whatever reasons, she has encouraged him to do things like going into a new and stressful life.. living away from what is familiar to him, taking on a new career, talking it appears about his mental health and so on. And she is probably behind all the Anti Trump stuff that he has been saying. If he really is all messed up, it would have possibley been a lot better to give up royal duties but stay in England, where he had his home, his family and friends and where he was reasonably popular. The public would understand if he stepped away from royal duties because of depression and ill health, and he could lead a quiet life. Of course Meg isn't happy in the UK but if he is the one who is really depressed and unstable, then maybe she could make the sacrficie for a few years.

If she had a blank expression on her face, she'd be criticized for being miserable. It's not her fault the camera was on her.

There is near permanent 'rictus grin' and there is the occasional smile...no-one says she should look as grim as her Husband did, but the contrast between their respective demeanour's was really remarkable..

Last edited:

LaRae

Since neither BP. Or SR have denied it. I’m gonna go with: this **** is real and just hit the fan.

These hackers managed to reach Boris Johnson and Bernie Sanders, among others... you think they can’t hack the Canadian phone company to locate the house landline number? Or even get Harry’s Number?

You really should read about what hackers are capable of, trust me this **** is child play in the hacking world. Seriously.

Regarding Meghan:
There are personal reasons why I personally can see clearly this is not a healthy relationship.
Between my own personal experiences and issues and having a friend be a victim themselves to such a toxic relationship.
Thia has nothing to do with Meghan acting skills (or lack actually, because come on she’s a terrible actress!) she just come off as “danger, Will Robinson!”

Last edited:
I posted about this before, but........I think this is unfair. I've been at least as harsh as anyone about Meghan, but is she not allowed to smile without negative motives being ascribed to it? If she had a blank expression on her face, she'd be criticized for being miserable. It's not her fault the camera was on her. Was anyone else playing to the camera?

I have real issues with Meghan, but I think it's important to be fair.....

AS to the audio.......I'll be honest, it only sounds like Harry on an artificial basis. Harry has a very deep voice, and this version just doesn't quite match up to the real thing (below)

I so often agree with you Betsypaige, not this time...and I’m not trying to get into a nickel and dime here. When I saw some of the pictures, others all around are sitting with a solemn look and there is what I call the mannequin smile—I don’t think it’s nerves, I think she is always “on”. What did surprise me, was the pic in the car afterwards when what seemed to me “she let her guard down”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom