General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah where are the pictures from Ibiza? They had no problem getting the pictures from Nice. Archie is getting big. A lot of security. Is it because no 6 and no 7 to the throne are traveling together or is there a unknown security concern?

Didnt the papers pull the flight log for the Ibiza flight(s) though?

Idc that they went on two trips, its August and a lot of people are on hols the whole month. But Nice and Ibiza are both very easy to get to on commercial flights. I just wish they would avoid the PR traps they can. Most of what is written about them is BS but some things they can help themselves on.

All they did was pull flights and guessed it was them. They made that clear in the article that they can't confirm they were on them. Legal reasons no doubt.

I have to really laugh at all this back and forth about did they or didn't they go to Ibiza. I just remember that this is a couple that effectively flew under the radar for most of their courtship and were able to do it in private without anyone finding out.

They've proven that they've pretty much mastered the Fine Art of Stealth. It'll come in handy in their private life. :D

Reactions: ACO

Idc that they went on two trips, its August and a lot of people are on hols the whole month. But Nice and Ibiza are both very easy to get to on commercial flights. I just wish they would avoid the PR traps they can. Most of what is written about them is BS but some things they can help themselves on.

There is only confirmation that there was a flight to Ibiza.

I agree that this seems like a PR trap. One thing I would consider is on their last trip to Nice while engaged, they had to block 3 rows of seats on the commercial flight they took if I remember correctly. I’m assuming that’s a call security made because, well, I don’t know who would do that for anything else. I don’t know if that’s possible during summer season. Or if their security would even be comfortable with that during high tourist months. Or the how the PR of that would go down.

Based on what I saw of the report on Meghan’s NYC trip, I think they are aware that there are PR traps at times, but security is a complicated matter and it’s not always up to them. They can stop traveling, but I don’t think that’s a fair thing either. :sad:

Last edited:

I think you put it well, in that "I just wish they would avoid the PR traps they can. Most of what is written about them is BS but some things they can help themselves on". This is especially so as they seem to have such a bad relationship with the media at the moment.

I have real concern over the authenticity of these photos. The mans profile at the window looks nothing like Harry. The baby looks far too big to be 3 months old. And since when is Meghans hair blonde.
As a person descends from the plane wearing a hat the wisps of hair look blonde to me.
I don't believe its them.

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

The photos look genuine to me. Nice is a much busier place to land a plane so they simply got found out whereas Ibiza will have a number of private landing ports on a less built up island compared to Cote D’azur. Anyway It seems all their PR nightmares will be superbly managed by a groovy new handler:
Prince Harry and Meghan appoint high-flying diplomat to Team Sussex https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...am-Sussex.html?ito=whatsapp_share_article-top

Last edited:
I think they need a new PR person big time! These new private jet pictures will do them no favours whatsoever!!

I don't know about a groovy new handler but, on the strength of IG feedback to the original Kensington Palace site, there were deemed to be credible threats among the just plain ugly and racist posts.

We know that Megan was accused of tainting the royal bloodline and Harry of being a race traitor and I guess the usual death threats arrived in the mail. It is therefore hardly surprising that the Police acted accordingly and the security of Harry, Meghan and Archie was increased.

The first time we really saw the effects of that was when Megan and her two close friends went to watch Serena Williams play on court three (I think) and there was an ocean of empty seats around her and the RPO's were a little over-protective.

I don't think they have ever had to worry about specific threats against the BRF and they too are on a learning curve. It is unfortunate when ODP are inconvenienced by royal security measures.

That means they now need more seats on aircraft flying to holiday destinations and, since most ordinary people plan and book in advance, large blocks of empty seats would be as scarce as hens teeth. Bumping anyone would be a PR nightmare.

The necessity of flying privately when they are flying together has become the norm I think. Flying solo on commercial flights will still be doable but that is up to their PPO's.

I have real concern over the authenticity of these photos. The mans profile at the window looks nothing like Harry. The baby looks far too big to be 3 months old. And since when is Meghans hair blonde.
As a person descends from the plane wearing a hat the wisps of hair look blonde to me.
I don't believe its them.

The baby is fairly small and the woman has black hair, no blonde hair whatsoever.

It looks like them to me.

There is a simple solution - don't pick causes you can't live up to yourself.

1000% true and I hope a new PR person will get this into their heads.

For now, they just keep setting the perfect scene for the press to attack who are happy to oblige.

I do believe they went to Ibiza, DM has a new article, and the pictures in Nice are clearly them. Fine for them, but them stop lecturing other people about environment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ayed-billionaires-playground-Ibiza-break.html

That is incredibly silly. By this logic, noone can talk about the climate because we all live under this system where everything we use for life as we currently know is detrimental to the planet. On the scale of things, private planes are probably avoidable and worse. But so is a lot of things that you and I do for convenience or because there currently is no better solution -yet we wouldn't say to the ordinary person to not use cars or fly before talking about climate change. You have to...despite not being perfect in every way. People who want to dismiss you and continue living in denial about it (or in the Sussexes case, want to tear them down anyway) use this purity argument to shut down important conversation.

The royal families use private planes and helicopters to get around the country for work and pleasure as decided by their protection officers and their own whims. I'm amused that people call it lecturing when a public figure talks about climate change because its not. Its plain facts. And the outrage is hard to take seriously the more these fake stories are shared over and over and breathlessly debated.

As for needing a new PR strategy, I really don't think they do. There is a portion to whom anything and everything they do is ''bad optics'' so what is the point in trying to please those who will never be? Might as well continue pursuing projects they are passionate about and are clearly successful at. They aren't perfect but I'm more impressed that they are not trying to curry favour with the kind of people who have criticized them and gone about having a busy and interesting year with lots of lovely interaction with the public and some cool projects.

Last edited:
The royal families use private planes and helicopters to get around the country for work and pleasure as decided by their protection officers. I'm amused that people call it lecturing because its not. Its plain facts. And the outrage is hard to take seriously the more these fake stories are shared over and over and breathlessly debated.

That makes me laugh. So it's the protection officer's fault that the Sussex family chose a destination for a holiday where they have to use a private plane. Of course that makes it easy to say 'I'd so much like to avoid all these private jets and stuff but sadly, my protection officers won't allow it'.

Seriously?

That makes me laugh. So it's the protection officer's fault that the Sussex family chose a destination for a holiday where they have to use a private plane. Of course that makes it easy to say 'I'd so much like to avoid all these private jets and stuff but sadly, my protection officers won't allow it'.

Seriously?

Perhaps you can go back and read my comment again? Because yeah the protection officers will be commenting on the best way for their charges to get to a place because you certainly don't need only private planes to go to Nice - the only confirmed holiday destination ;)

Let's have discussions in good faith eh

That DM article says nothing to make me believe they were in Ibiza. I agree that these pictures are clearly the Sussexes though. As for lectures? People will take public figures speaking out as they do. Despite being somewhat hypocritical, I do appreciate them bringing this company to my attention. Had no idea they did this.

https://www.environmentalleader.com...sets-mandatory-adds-5500-to-yearly-contracts/

Well we know we don't always get the whole truth from the media when it comes to the Sussexes but it sounds like the private jet company they did use was one that requires carbon offset for its planes.

H/M know that it isn't logical to restrict all plane travel and sometimes because of safety for them and other passengers it is better if they fly by private or charter plane and when they do they are going to take the most environmentally sound option as possible.

For now, they just keep setting the perfect scene for the press to attack who are happy to oblige.

I do believe they went to Ibiza, DM has a new article, and the pictures in Nice are clearly them. Fine for them, but them stop lecturing other people about environment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ayed-billionaires-playground-Ibiza-break.html

Joe Bloggs taxpayer who is looking on at this hypocrisy as the economy slides in the UK when brexit uncertainty bites, sees all of the jetting and multiple holidays appearing out of control while they preach from their ivory towers. The slippery slope continues....

Meghan and Harry stayed in 'billionaire's playground' on Ibiza break
https://mol.im/a/7368495
via https://dailym.ai/ios

I don't know about a groovy new handler but, on the strength of IG feedback to the original Kensington Palace site, there were deemed to be credible threats among the just plain ugly and racist posts.

We know that Megan was accused of tainting the royal bloodline and Harry of being a race traitor and I guess the usual death threats arrived in the mail. It is therefore hardly surprising that the Police acted accordingly and the security of Harry, Meghan and Archie was increased.

The first time we really saw the effects of that was when Megan and her two close friends went to watch Serena Williams play on court three (I think) and there was an ocean of empty seats around her and the RPO's were a little over-protective.

I don't think they have ever had to worry about specific threats against the BRF and they too are on a learning curve. It is unfortunate when ODP are inconvenienced by royal security measures.

That means they now need more seats on aircraft flying to holiday destinations and, since most ordinary people plan and book in advance, large blocks of empty seats would be as scarce as hens teeth. Bumping anyone would be a PR nightmare.

The necessity of flying privately when they are flying together has become the norm I think. Flying solo on commercial flights will still be doable but that is up to their PPO's.

There could be many reasons why the susseXs chose to travel by private plane, I really do not care but I am sorry I need to disagree with your comments 're no specific threats against the BRF.

First of all, how do you know that?. The security services do not announce these things.
Just because the threats have not been made on Twitter or some other form of social media does not mean they have not been made. Also PPO are on a learning curve, do you really believe that. All since Meghan joined the family. Do you really believe that they only brought in protection because of Meghan.
To be honest, as much as possible the royal family try to avoid the security getting in the way of the public events.That is maybe why you think they are on a learning curve. In the main they do not expect rows of empty seats around them Remember the Olympic games for example or the rugby.
Do you recall Lord Mountbatton, also the shots fired at the queen at Trooping the colour a few years ago, Princess Anne attacked in her car, shots fired . The brutal bomb attacks on the Queens guard near hyde park a few years ago.

Did it stop the family carrying out their duties. ?

The real danger is from the lone wolf who has not drawn attention to themselves as a possible threat.

Both Princes served in the military which makes them a target Harry in particular as he served in Afghanistan.
If there have been specific threats to any member I would expect appropriate action by the security teams but please do not make out Meghan is the only one at risk, and the security services are on a learning curve because Meghan needs to be protected, and they have never had to protect members of the royal family before.

Last edited:
Hm, wonder why the Ibiza story came about.
Archie seems to be getting big and quite chunky from what I can see!

Last edited:
Its quite common place to off set for flights, Charles has been doing it for official flights (and so I would assume private ones)for years. It makes it less environmentally damaging (or undoes some of the damage) but doesn't make it green.

I don't believe these pics are of Meghan and Harry. The baby is much too large, you normally don't travel with such a small kid so often, and why don't we get to see their faces?

IMHO the papers want them to tell where they are and what they are doing to stop this kind of reporting. Especially as the Sun and the Mail used exactly the same words, as if a lawyer had checked the text before printing.
It's really fishy!
Plus: the plane rental company tries to make sure the Carbon footprint is checked against environmental deeds. Racist threats against Meghan and the "race traitor" Harry make it necessary to use private planes to protect them properly and the media surely knows this. So this is their way to try to enforce them to tell them more.

IMHO, of course.

Is this really one for a PR person to sort out? More a common sense issue to me.

This is when you know Harry and Meghan are being bullied by outside forces — for simply doing what other members of the family have done and are currently doing as we type.

This couple don’t have a PR problem.

Last edited:
I don't believe these pics are of Meghan and Harry. The baby is much too large, you normally don't travel with such a small kid so often, and why don't we get to see their faces?

IMHO the papers want them to tell where they are and what they are doing to stop this kind of reporting. Especially as the Sun and the Mail used exactly the same words, as if a lawyer had checked the text before printing.
It's really fishy!
Plus: the plane rental company tries to make sure the Carbon footprint is checked against environmental deeds. Racist threats against Meghan and the "race traitor" Harry make it necessary to use private planes to protect them properly and the media surely knows this. So this is their way to try to enforce them to tell them more.

IMHO, of course.

I disgaree, looking at the pictures I think it's easy to see that it is them.

Harry and Megan are in the South of France as the guests of Elton John. This story has been so blown out of proportion that it boggles the mind. I'm sure, just like most people, they should be entitled to a vacation once in awhile? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom