The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
From our perspective or theirs? Because I didn't see anyone with the same hair color in the same row to the section on the left from our perspective. Regardless, the whole it was clear she was looking around to see who's looking at her is a bit much and imaginative. Unless this person can do mind reading?
To the left in the photo-our perspective. Technically, I think Sally may have been in the next row up.

Meghan may have been looking around, but yeah, I doubt it was to see who was looking at her.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
To the left in the photo-our perspective.
I still can't see her. There is a pretty clear picture of the left section from our perspective. I made my comment after seeing that photo. And really, how is RPO supposed to tap anyone on the shoulder other than the ones on the end? Did they walk over the people in the row behind them?

There is a whole lot that doesn't make sense with her story.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
To the left in the photo-our perspective. Technically, I think Sally may have been in the next row up.

Meghan may have been looking around, but yeah, I doubt it was to see who was looking at her.

Have you seen the pics? I think Sally provided a pic of herself at Wimbledon to the Daily Fail. She wore a red cardigan and white/black/red dress. I don't see her in the pics.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Good piece by Patricia Treble describing what has happened in the lead up to the christening and pointing at a way forward for the Sussex family.
https://www.macleans.ca/royalty/arch...mpression=true
The most interesting thing about this article is her linking a 2015 article describing the Cambridges doing the exact same thing. Some of the language is word for word used to describe Meghan right down to “What William Wants, William Gets!”

As for this incident? I think it’s very suspicious that his women had an article ready for all the papers about an incident that seemingly can be disproven if one looked hard enough. Chris Ship already questioning her story because details don’t add up. Too much video and photographs from that day to not be able to see this so called encounter.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Nobility

Sally talked with TMZ. I think she wants 15 min of fame. The media needs to ask her to point out where she was sitting.

ETA: First she said she was in the same row as Meghan. Now she said, "she was sitting in the members box".

Quote:
British media consultant and former BBC reporter Sally Jones tell TMZ ... she was sitting in the members box, taking pics of Serena Williams when one of Meghan's bodyguards came up and said, "Would you not take photographs of the Duchess? She's here in a private capacity."
https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/09/megha...tos-wimbledon/
Old 07-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Majesty

The DM story continues to develop:

"Princess Privacy strikes again: Meghan is accused of 'looking childish' after tennis fans were ordered not to take pictures of her at Wimbledon – but Palace insists photo ban was to let her 'engage with people rather than camera phones’"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Wimbledon.html
Old 07-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The DM story continues to develop:

"Princess Privacy strikes again: Meghan is accused of 'looking childish' after tennis fans were ordered not to take pictures of her at Wimbledon – but Palace insists photo ban was to let her 'engage with people rather than camera phones’"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Wimbledon.html
The DF twisted a palace source's words. The source told the Telegraph, "It’s not unusual for people accompanying Members of the Royal Family at private, or public, events to ask members of the public not to take photographs. It is to enable Members of the Royal Family to engage with people and events.”
Old 07-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

And, after all of this, still no photo to prove Sally Jones was even where she claimed to be at.

It's all very simple really. Ask her to point herself out in the photo, and a lot of the details can be verified.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Sally talked with TMZ. I think she wants 15 min of fame. The media needs to ask her to point out where she was sitting.

ETA: First she said she was in the same row as Meghan. Now she said, "she was sitting in the members box".

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/09/megha...tos-wimbledon/
So she is already changing her story? Why am I not surprised. Again I ask, where is the proof? Not like the camera weren’t on her plenty of the match. So they were able to see her RPO talk down to a man a few steps below her but not to a woman several rows over in a box? And she talking to TMZ? Okay. There is a reason people are questioning this because it doesn’t make much sense.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

But if it is so easy to verify that the details are wrong why would the paper take it up?
Old 07-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
British media consultant and former BBC reporter Sally Jones tell TMZ ... she was sitting in the members box, taking pics of Serena Williams when one of Meghan's bodyguards came up and said, "Would you not take photographs of the Duchess? She's here in a private capacity."
She was taking pictures of Serena who was on the court and Meghan was in the stands and a bodyguard came over to her out of all the people there with cameras taking pictures and told her not to take pictures of Meghan?

Quote:
The article states: "Kensington Palace declined to comment on the controversy today - but a royal source told MailOnline: 'It's not uncommon for personal protection officers accompanying any members of the Royal Family to ask people not to take pictures so they can engage with people and events rather than camera phones'. "

So how did the palace insist that it was a ban to let her engage with people when they had no comment? A 'royal source' is completely different than the palace speaking.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
But if it is so easy to verify that the details are wrong why would the paper take it up?
They didn’t expect people to question it? Funny she already altered her story.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

I cant believe this is front page news.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
That's a good question. Why weren't simple questions we are asking here asked? Any reasonable mind would've checked. I guess facts just aren't that important in their stories.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:49 PM

https://time.com/5626827/the-25-most...-the-internet/

Harry and Meghan on Times The 25 Most Influential People on the Internet

https://fortune.com/worlds-greatest-leaders/

Harry and Meghan #42 on Fortune’s The World’s 50 Greatest Leaders
Old 07-18-2019, 06:01 AM
Aristocracy

D & D of Sussex are on list of Time's magazine of most influential people on the internet
https://time.com/5626827/the-25-most...-the-internet/
Quote:
While baby photos are among @SussexRoyal’s draws, most posts are dedicated to the pair’s work as royals. Each month, in an effort to highlight advocates and organizations focusing on issues such as climate change and mental health awareness, the account rotates the users it follows—a savvy strategy that has driven headlines. The Sussexes’ forward-thinking, cause-oriented approach to social media fits neatly with other ways they are establishing their identity beyond the crown.
Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, "Bigoted Brits will be infuriated and unforgiving. I am already getting emails about how “the woman will pollute the bloodline” and stain national purity" https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnis...tional-family/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzAp5IhyL4
Old 07-18-2019, 06:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is refreshing news to wake up to. Its a classic example of taking every means available to them to "get the word out" about what they're doing, who they're doing it for and why. People are responding, donating to and supporting their causes and these causes really are the winners at the end of the day.

It also showed me that I'm behind the times on what's what sometimes. Out of all those 25 people listed, only a few names were ones I'd heard of other than Harry and Meghan. Go figure.

Thanks Rena!!
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-21-2019, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

This is interesting. Meghan showing interest in lawn bowling

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...e-Cottage.html
Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have to admit I don't know anything whatsoever about lawn bowling other than seeing it played and reading about it in books in period movies and books. Being an American, its very possible that this game is totally new to Meghan and she became curious about the game. I bet everyone there at the Royal Household Bowling Club were very pleasantly surprised that she stopped by.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-22-2019, 12:15 AM
Majesty

It's quite popular here in Australia among older Australians. When I was a child growing up in England we had a bowling green quite near our house. It's a skilful game and it's also very soothing to watch it being played. I can remember Diana playing a few times, and she seemed to enjoy it. I hope Meghan pursues an interest in lawn bowls as it could well renew interest in it among younger people.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry