The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I also think this is about power for the British press. It thinks it can control the BRF with its tactics. These reporters are upset the Sussexes are actively resisting them; that even weaponizing Meghan's family is not working. They are not entitled to their lives or their baby.

I couldn't agree more.

But what I don't agree is when some people are treating this as some kind of personal vendetta against the royal reporters. Firstly, both Harry and Meghan grew up in the limelight (although British media is really worse.) I won't believe she is really playing fire with the RR's. They might have different approach as to how to handle things but that's because British media can't be tamed even before Archie was born and even until now.

They always end up in frontpages and with what? unverified news. That's why I also don't blame them. Yes, media will stay but that's beside the issue. It's not all the time that they can do whatever they want.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A number of comments have been deleted:
  • Posts going back and forth about how the birth announcement was handled - the discussion is not only off-topic, but it's been endlessly debated.
  • Comparisons between the US media and British media
  • Posts about Archie's name and title.
  • Personal attacks aimed at reporters and accusations that the media is blackmailing the Sussexes - please stop this
The discussion about Harry and Meghan's next engagement has been moved to the Current Events thread.

We understand that people are interested in discussing the relationship between the media and the Sussexes, but the constant focus on it has started to overtake the thread and other topics are getting lost. For example, instead of discussing the actual content of an article, the conversation will veer off-topic and turn into a circular debate about the media's treatment of Meghan. This happens routinely and it's frustrating for those who wish to discuss the article, or want to talk about topics that aren't centered around the media. So moving forward, please be mindful of this and refrain from turning every topic into a discussion about the media/royal reporters. Thanks.

Old 07-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan is at Wimbledon watching Serena play with a couple of friends.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Nobility

The Duchess of Sussex makes a surprise appearance at Wimbledon on July 4th to cheer for her friend Serena Williams.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...prise-17390531
Old 07-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Meghan is with friends Genevieve Hollis and Lyndsay Roth from her NW Days.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...432033281?s=21
Old 07-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Meghan is with friends Genevieve Hollis and Lyndsay Roth from her NW Days.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...432033281?s=21
Do they happen to be in London or did they come for Archie’s christening ?
Old 07-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Why does that matter?
Old 07-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

Quote:

I’d bet at least a Crunchie McFlurry that they’re in town for Archie’s christening.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Lindsay lives in London. Her husband is British.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed, Lindsay does lives mostly in London. Genevieve lives in Chicago. Nice seeing the ladies together. They look like they having fun.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
... And are they sitting in the Royal Box?
No, the Royal box is on Centre Court, Meghan watched Serena play on Court 1 today, I believe.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Posts discussing the Christening have been deleted. The "Gender, names, and godparent" thread was closed for a reason. When a thread is closed, please don't bring the topic over to other threads.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:19 AM
Nobility

Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 -

Nice to see Meghan show up at Wimbledon...
Old 07-05-2019, 03:24 AM
Nobility

Nice to enjoy Wimbledon with friends if you can though.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:36 AM
Majesty

Not sure if this is true, but if it is, it is pretty ridiculous.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Wimbledon.html
Old 07-09-2019, 05:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

It's probably a half truth like most stories about Meghan are it was probably more like don't get to close while taking pictures. I mean just a couple days before that at the baseball game fans were taking pictures left and right and no one said a thing. Not to mention the match was on tv so of course there would be pictures of Meghan. But some are pressed and determine to make up negative stories about her no matter what.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Piers Morgan obviously still up in arms against M., calling her "Miss Markle"....
Old 07-09-2019, 05:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

Just a few thoughts before this blows up:
1. I've read the story in the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph and there's a few to many 'appeared", "claims" and "reportedly" for me to buy this story right off.

2. There is no ban on jeans at Wimbledon. The Duchess dressed appropriately and within the guidelines. The rules we often see mentioned about how to dress for Wimbledon is for the Royal box only.

3. The guy pictured in the article, seemingly with the phone in the face of Meghan and her friends, was taking a selfie. There's pictures on Getty to prove it.

4. If it's true that seats was kept empty around Meghan and her friends it's ridiculous.

5. If it's true that there was a claim for the right to privacy while sharing a court with 12.000 people and in front of 1m TV-viewers is equally ridiculous.

6. There's several photographs where Meghan signs autographs and talks to a young child.

7. As Chris Ship tweeted Police Protection Officers don’t take orders from the Communications team.

8. As Jeremy Vine tweeted the Sussexes should consider a shakeup at their PR department. Whether these rumours are true or not, whether the media onslaught towards them are justified or not their PR people seems to have troubles handling it well which leads to the unjust damaging of the image of two hardworking people who deserves better.

9. Yet another messy story where people draws the conclusion they want and ignores what might go against the narrative they chose.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post

6. As Jeremy Vine tweeted the Sussexes should consider a shakeup at their PR department. Whether these rumours are true or not, whether the media onslaught towards them are justified or not their PR people seems to have troubles handling it well which leads to the unjust damaging of the image of two hardworking people who deserves better.

Agree with everything except that RPOs report to one person, their boss. PR has nothing to do with this, it’s just another pointless story and if they responded to every story like this it would be endless.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Agree with everything except that RPOs report to one person, their boss. PR has nothing to do with this, it’s just another pointless story and if they responded to every story like this it would be endless.
I just added a part about the RPO. My point in mentioning the PR is that something has to be done. In my opinion a good PR strategy should have been able to handle most of what we've seen during the last few weeks.
BTW - are you getting notifications on this reply? I haven't been getting any all week.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry