The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2081  
Old 03-30-2020, 03:35 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Have to agree to disagree on Facts. Celebrities are not all within the LA borders.

And at no time has it been suggested Meghan plans to go back to being a full time actress either. Or even part time actress. That has been pure speculation from the media. Other then her volunteer voice over work.

Films and tv shows are filmed on locations all over the country and even in other places like Canada (hence Suits). They are at no way restricted to living in LA to be close to work. Some how big time actors like Travolta, Bill Murray, Elijah Wood, Kevin Costner, Bruce Willis and so and so on some how make do with their permanent home not in LA or New York and go there when needed for shooting.

Financially LA doesn't make sense for security and living purposes, especially as they get started. This isn't the days when she was a single actress starting out and could have a tiny studio apartment near work. That doesn't work with Harry, Archie and security.
The facts are that most- I never said all live within the LA vicinity.

All of the actors you listed have maintained homes near LA- and Harry and Meghan certainly do not have the star power of Hollywood influence that they do.

No one knows for sure if she will resume her Hollywood acting career. One thing is for certain though- she is in the right place!
__________________

__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #2082  
Old 03-30-2020, 04:27 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The facts are that most- I never said all live within the LA vicinity.

All of the actors you listed have maintained homes near LA- and Harry and Meghan certainly do not have the star power of Hollywood influence that they do.

No one knows for sure if she will resume her Hollywood acting career. One thing is for certain though- she is in the right place!
but there wont be any "Hollywood career" or any other career for some time. If they want privacy, its probably just as easy to be private In Canada, and to wait out the crisis there. Charles will have to pay for security but it will be a bit less expensive in Canada. Moving to LA seems to indicate that they DO see themselves as having a Hollywood career and want to be on the spot when things open up....
__________________

  #2083  
Old 03-30-2020, 04:52 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,410
I don't know about the rest of you but to be honest, I really have *no* clue what the plan is for Harry and Meghan going forward or even what they want to do, how they're going to do it and for what reasons they came to a decision.

If Meghan has been so dead set on her acting career to obtain a gazillion green dollars, I don't think she would have ever considered Harry as a serious partner in life, leave a lucrative acting career that most actresses never attain and move to the UK. This is a woman that has stated that her acting career is what made her philanthropy work possible. It was a means to an end.

Right now so much is being projected onto this couple without any real basis to it but at least now we're nearing the finish line of March 31st and hopefully soon will know more.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #2084  
Old 03-30-2020, 05:00 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't know about the rest of you but to be honest, I really have *no* clue what the plan is for Harry and Meghan going forward or even what they want to do, how they're going to do it and for what reasons they came to a decision.

If Meghan has been so dead set on her acting career to obtain a gazillion green dollars, I don't think she would have ever considered Harry as a serious partner in life, leave a lucrative acting career that most actresses never attain and move to the UK. This is a woman that has stated that her acting career is what made her philanthropy work possible. It was a means to an end.

Right now so much is being projected onto this couple without any real basis to it but at least now we're nearing the finish line of March 31st and hopefully soon will know more.
She wasn't likely to earn a gazillion dollars as an actress, was she? She was doing OK, but far from a big star. But Marriage to Harry might for a short time push her up to a position where she could ask for large fees for voice overs and maybe some kind of performance work. I am not sure it would last for long, but if the crisis hadn't happened, she might well have had offers to earn good money for a few years, just like Harry might get large fees for public speaking for a few years.
  #2085  
Old 03-30-2020, 05:10 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't know about the rest of you but to be honest, I really have *no* clue what the plan is for Harry and Meghan going forward or even what they want to do, how they're going to do it and for what reasons they came to a decision.

If Meghan has been so dead set on her acting career to obtain a gazillion green dollars, I don't think she would have ever considered Harry as a serious partner in life, leave a lucrative acting career that most actresses never attain and move to the UK. This is a woman that has stated that her acting career is what made her philanthropy work possible. It was a means to an end.

Right now so much is being projected onto this couple without any real basis to it but at least now we're nearing the finish line of March 31st and hopefully soon will know more.
I wonder if they do.

Their actions within these past months seems to me to be one long line of impulsive decisions.
Without considering the deeper consequences and alternatives.

A) We want to leave the BRF as active members and become mainly private citizens. And provide for ourselves in some way.... - Oh, and we want that to happen tomorrow.

B) We want to earn our own income and be philanthropic using our royal title. Isn't that a great idea? - Why on earth should that be a problem?!?

C) We want to settle in Canada. In fact we have already settled there. - What obstacles? Why should there be any obstacles?!?

D) Okay. Then we'll move to California. In fact we already have.

- You get my point? From my detached view there is no plan. To me they act on a series of impulsive whims.
And it's pretty unsettling to look at!
  #2086  
Old 03-30-2020, 05:19 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I wonder if they do.

Their actions within these past months seems to me to be one long line of impulsive decisions.
Without considering the deeper consequences and alternatives.

A) We want to leave the BRF as active members and become mainly private citizens. And provide for ourselves in some way.... - Oh, and we want that to happen tomorrow.

B) We want to earn our own income and be philanthropic using our royal title. Isn't that a great idea? - Why on earth should that be a problem?!?

C) We want to settle in Canada. In fact we have already settled there. - What obstacles? Why should there be any obstacles?!?

D) Okay. Then we'll move to California. In fact we already have.

- You get my point? From my detached view there is no plan. To me they act on a series of impulsive whims.
And it's pretty unsettling to look at!
I agree ...and I think this probably has to do with the fact that they expected to get whatever they wanted. Once HM and Charles put the kibbosh on that, they had to pivot and act spontaneously. H and M believe they’ve been disrespected, and as a result their behavior during this entire process has essentially been a big “flip off” to the BRF.
  #2087  
Old 03-30-2020, 05:22 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I agree ...and I think this probably has to do with the fact that they expected to get whatever they wanted. Once HM and Charles put the kibbosh on that, they had to pivot and act spontaneously. H and M believe they’ve been disrespected, and as a result their behavior during this entire process has essentially been a big “flip off” to the BRF.
I dotnt know if it is impulsive decisions.. and that they are not very bright so have made too many... or if they (or at least Meghan) always had a plan to go iehter full time at working for themselves or part time working for themselves...and expected the RF to smile benignly and let them do it. then when as you say they got told no, they darted about and changed plans and now it seems like a lot of chopping and changing...
  #2088  
Old 03-30-2020, 06:10 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I dotnt know if it is impulsive decisions.. and that they are not very bright so have made too many... or if they (or at least Meghan) always had a plan to go iehter full time at working for themselves or part time working for themselves...and expected the RF to smile benignly and let them do it. then when as you say they got told no, they darted about and changed plans and now it seems like a lot of chopping and changing...
It may seem impulsive to some because the Sussexes aren't sharing their detailed plans with the world. However, they have always said they will spend their time in North America (I always assumed part of that would be in the US otherwise they would have just said Canada) and the UK.

It makes sense that they would have some type of base in the US as the majority of the people they will be working with will be there (from what we have seen so far). California also seems like a wise decision as they have a support system there (despite the fact that some believe they only have the BRF).

IMO I don't think Meghan will return to acting unless it provides an outlet for them to do their humanitarian work (like the Elephant movie) that seems to be where both their interest and hearts are.
  #2089  
Old 03-30-2020, 06:44 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
It may seem impulsive to some because the Sussexes aren't sharing their detailed plans with the world. However, they have always said they will spend their time in North America (I always assumed part of that would be in the US otherwise they would have just said Canada) and the UK.

It makes sense that they would have some type of base in the US as the majority of the people they will be working with will be there (from what we have seen so far). California also seems like a wise decision as they have a support system there (despite the fact that some believe they only have the BRF).

IMO I don't think Meghan will return to acting unless it provides an outlet for them to do their humanitarian work (like the Elephant movie) that seems to be where both their interest and hearts are.
So their plan was to havea base in Canada AND in the US? I hope Charles has deep pockets.
  #2090  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:04 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,512
You all raised excellent points.
I still maintain that there could have been a happy medium but the couple jumped the gun. Now they're left to figure things out as they go.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #2091  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
So their plan was to havea base in Canada AND in the US? I hope Charles has deep pockets.
Even if he does, won't people in the UK gripe if he spends millions funding the Sussexes? Especially in this time of crisis?

It could be argued that it is his private money, BUT.
The RF is sustained by the public goodwill, and that is bound to suffer when, as someone stated, many people are struggling to pay the rent.
  #2092  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:23 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Even if he does, won't people in the UK gripe if he spends millions funding the Sussexes? Especially in this time of crisis?

It could be argued that it is his private money, BUT.
The RF is sustained by the public goodwill, and that is bound to suffer when, as someone stated, many people are struggling to pay the rent.
Charles' private money is derived from the state in one form or another.
  #2093  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:32 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
So their plan was to havea base in Canada AND in the US? I hope Charles has deep pockets.
Where did I say they would be based in BOTH? I noted they said they would split their time between North American (which is more than Canada) and the UK. I also noted that California makes sense because they have a support system there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
You all raised excellent points.
I still maintain that there could have been a happy medium but the couple jumped the gun. Now they're left to figure things out as they go.
It's easy to say there could be a happy medium when you are on the outside looking in like all of us. To be in the middle of it and harassed day in & day out, especially pre/post-partum, probably did a lot more damage then we'll ever know. Look at how they are being treated when they said they want to live independently....there was no medium.
  #2094  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:35 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,457
Right, it's time to move on from discussing royal finances and who will pay for security or the upkeep of the Sussexes. The topic has been discussed and debated over and over again since January and we quite literally going round and round in circles with it. Until further details emerge officially about the matter, let's discuss other General News if there is any. Thank you.
__________________
JACK
  #2095  
Old 03-30-2020, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,502
Well, I can’t say I disagree with the general thrust of this article...Canadians are not happy


Quote:
Turns out we were just a safe bolt-hole for them to shirk their royal duties. As part of the Commonwealth, with the Queen as our head of state, we were acceptable to Buckingham Palace. The U.S. would have been a more controversial choice.

Now in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis, they’ve fled to Los Angeles without a word of gratitude to Canadian taxpayers who footed the hefty bill for their security.

They slunk off with no gesture of thanks. No token of their appreciation for the support they were given here.


https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...-spoiled-brats
  #2096  
Old 03-30-2020, 12:09 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Burbank, Croatia
Posts: 14
I don't disagree either. Actually, I agree full heartedly. Harry is just Harry to me now. He got his wish. He isn't representing or acting like a royal, or even a noble duke. I think the "duke of Sussex title" being used by him is superfluous and ridiculous at this point. That title was given to a person expected to work for the monarchy and that ship has sailed. I'll never call him that again. I call him Just Harry now. Just Harry. He'll be spending his days at the Colony in Malibu and going to Ralphs for the wife's vegan cheese.
  #2097  
Old 03-30-2020, 01:21 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,457
Posts ignoring the Mod note made only a few hours ago have been deleted.
__________________
JACK
  #2098  
Old 03-30-2020, 01:22 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 4,669
Harry and Meghan published their last post on their official Instagram account:

"As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile. Yet we are confident that every human being has the potential and opportunity to make a difference—as seen now across the globe, in our families, our communities and those on the front line—together we can lift each other up to realise the fullness of that promise.

What’s most important right now is the health and wellbeing of everyone across the globe and finding solutions for the many issues that have presented themselves as a result of this pandemic.

As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute.

While you may not see us here, the work continues.

Thank you to this community - for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You’ve been great!

Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another.

Harry and Meghan"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XTsETJsU0/
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
  #2099  
Old 03-30-2020, 01:34 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
The Sussexes worked hard representing the Queen, UK & Commonwealth over the past 2 years. 3 successful tours while establishing successful individual projects that had a positive impact on people of the UK all while welcoming a child into the world.

They are walking away from what many see as a fairytale but in reality, was most likely a nightmare. Tiaras & titles can't be bandaids (or plasters) for the constant abuse and bullying they received. In their most recent and final IG post (posted today), they indicated they are stepping back and will be working behind the scenes for a while and I wish them all the best.

Good Luck to the Sussexes in their future endeavors.
  #2100  
Old 03-30-2020, 01:57 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,233
And that is that. Doesn't seem we will hear anything from them for months. They no longer using that Instagram account. It is all done.

Good luck to them.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abdication althorp american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry baby names bangladesh british royals chittagong cht clarence house diana princess of wales dragons dubai duke of cambridge dutch earl of snowdon facts family life future games hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hill historical drama history house of glucksburg imperial household intro italian royal family jacobite japan jewellery jumma kids movie list of rulers mail mountbatten nepalese royal jewels norway palestine pless prince charles of luxembourg prince dimitri princess ariane princess chulabhorn walailak princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen louise queen mathilde random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family snowdon spencer family thailand thai royal family tracts uae customs unsubscribe wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×