General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
British media consultant and former BBC reporter Sally Jones tell TMZ ... she was sitting in the members box, taking pics of Serena Williams when one of Meghan's bodyguards came up and said, "Would you not take photographs of the Duchess? She's here in a private capacity."

She was taking pictures of Serena who was on the court and Meghan was in the stands and a bodyguard came over to her out of all the people there with cameras taking pictures and told her not to take pictures of Meghan? :ermm:

"Princess Privacy strikes again: Meghan is accused of 'looking childish' after tennis fans were ordered not to take pictures of her at Wimbledon – but Palace insists photo ban was to let her 'engage with people rather than camera phones’"

The article states: "Kensington Palace declined to comment on the controversy today - but a royal source told MailOnline: 'It's not uncommon for personal protection officers accompanying any members of the Royal Family to ask people not to take pictures so they can engage with people and events rather than camera phones'. "

So how did the palace insist that it was a ban to let her engage with people when they had no comment? :ermm: A 'royal source' is completely different than the palace speaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
But if it is so easy to verify that the details are wrong why would the paper take it up?

They didn’t expect people to question it? Funny she already altered her story.

I cant believe this is front page news.

But if it is so easy to verify that the details are wrong why would the paper take it up?

That's a good question. Why weren't simple questions we are asking here asked? Any reasonable mind would've checked. I guess facts just aren't that important in their stories.

Last edited:
D & D of Sussex are on list of Time's magazine of most influential people on the internet
https://time.com/5626827/the-25-most-influential-people-on-the-internet/
While baby photos are among @SussexRoyal’s draws, most posts are dedicated to the pair’s work as royals. Each month, in an effort to highlight advocates and organizations focusing on issues such as climate change and mental health awareness, the account rotates the users it follows—a savvy strategy that has driven headlines. The Sussexes’ forward-thinking, cause-oriented approach to social media fits neatly with other ways they are establishing their identity beyond the crown.

Last edited:
This is refreshing news to wake up to. Its a classic example of taking every means available to them to "get the word out" about what they're doing, who they're doing it for and why. People are responding, donating to and supporting their causes and these causes really are the winners at the end of the day.

It also showed me that I'm behind the times on what's what sometimes. Out of all those 25 people listed, only a few names were ones I'd heard of other than Harry and Meghan. Go figure. :D

Thanks Rena!!

I have to admit I don't know anything whatsoever about lawn bowling other than seeing it played and reading about it in books in period movies and books. Being an American, its very possible that this game is totally new to Meghan and she became curious about the game. I bet everyone there at the Royal Household Bowling Club were very pleasantly surprised that she stopped by. ?

It's quite popular here in Australia among older Australians. When I was a child growing up in England we had a bowling green quite near our house. It's a skilful game and it's also very soothing to watch it being played. I can remember Diana playing a few times, and she seemed to enjoy it. I hope Meghan pursues an interest in lawn bowls as it could well renew interest in it among younger people.

I understand the attraction as pre-earthquake there was a bowling club next door to me. One of the loveliest ways to spend a summers day was with the french doors over the patio all open and we could hear the gentle clunk of the jack hitting the balls.

I used to watch from upstairs and it was so genteel and I could hear the soft murmur of people talking but not loud enough to hear. It was so relaxing you could feel the tension just bleed away. I had decided to take it up when I retired but 'life' happened.

Lawn bowling, or Petanque as it's called in the country, has been a popular traditional game in France and French speaking countries for years - though nowadays it's mostly played amongst the elderly. Most French towns and cities have a communal sandpit for Petanque to be played. I've just come back from Corsica and saw several elderly men playing the game in St. Florent's area and am a regular visitor to mainland France as my mother used to live in Paris, so have seen many games played recreationally in other French towns and cities.

See our Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is one of the chosen:flowers:

Sadly British Vogue is not sold where I am. I would love to have a copy. This project was worked on for seven months, the similar amount of time for the Grenfell cookbook. Harry is in the magazine for his interview with Jane Goodall to feature his cause. This sounds like a success in the making.

Last edited:
If this list truly represents the 16 women Meghan admires the most I’m slightly puzzled by some of the names.

If this list truly represents the 16 women Meghan admires the most I’m slightly puzzled by some of the names.

I don’t think these are the women Meghan admires most. At least the post on instagram doesn’t mention this.

I think that it is probably more a joint effort from the palace and government- then her own. Less controversial

Why would you be confused, what is there to be confused about, each have done something admirable, some for just existing in a space where people like them are usually not wanted.

“Through this lens I hope you’ll feel the strength of the collective in the diverse selection of women chosen for the cover as well as the team of support I called upon within the issue to help bring this to light. I hope readers feel as inspired as I do, by the ‘Forces for Change’ they’ll find within these pages.”.. She sounds very like the not so awe inspiring Tessy Antony-de Nassau in her new promotional website.

I think that it is probably more a joint effort from the palace and government- then her own. Less controversial

She has editing experience and has written pieces for the now defunct The Tig and other publications. No need to diminish her capabilities.

The issue features Sinead Burke. An Irish little person activist that Meghan met when her and Garry were in Ireland. She memorably bent down to talk to her and some thought it disrespectful. Well she is there on that cover.

“Through this lens I hope you’ll feel the strength of the collective in the diverse selection of women chosen for the cover as well as the team of support I called upon within the issue to help bring this to light. I hope readers feel as inspired as I do, by the ‘Forces for Change’ they’ll find within these pages.”.. She sounds very like the not so awe inspiring Tessy Antony-de Nassau in her new promotional website.

I disagree. This is Meghan and how she wrote for The Tig and articles she written for magazines.

The funny thing is Meghan herself is not featured in the magazine. There were rumours that there was going to be a photoshoot with her at Frogmore Cottage. Those same people would crucify her for being too Hollywood.

I'll be buying a copy & enjoying celebrating the women featured in it.

...at this point might as well highlight the things she's passionate about. And all of the women are interesting and hardly threatening.

There’s no doubt the women are ‘right on’ and check all the appropriate progressive boxes.

I’m still slightly puzzled by some of the names. I’d be interested to know how much personal contact Meghan has had with each person chosen.

Last edited:
Sadly British Vogue is not sold where I am. I would love to have a copy. This project was worked on for seven months, the similar amount of time for the Grenfell cookbook. Harry is in the magazine for his interview with Jane Goodall to feature his cause. This sounds like a success in the making.

There may be some online options to buy the edition (amazon etc..). I also heard that Barnes & Noble sell it, I'm going to check with them later today.

**Also SussexRoyal IG has added more details about edition and behinds scenes look at Meghan's work.

Seriously? :bang: This cover is very widespread across magazines; books.... who never had the idea to do a panel of women's photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom