Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 7: June-August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Louise is soo cute! She looks a little like William.

that's a <great> picture of sophie and her daughter! we dont see that duo photographed together enough!

Not sure if this has been answered before, but I have two questions regarding the Wessex's:

1. What do Edward and his wife do 'for a living' these days?
2. Someone mentioned that little louise will need an eye operation before age two. does someone here know more about this? has the operation already happened to louise and if not, why not?

princess olga said:
Someone mentioned that little louise will need an eye operation before age two. does someone here know more about this? has the operation already happened to louise and if not, why not?

The Daily Mail had an article about the Tuscany trip yesterday. They say that Louise has exotropia, a condition in which one eye turns outward. The Daily Mail says that the Wessexes have been told she will need surgery before she turns 2 to attempt to correct the condition. (I have also read that the Wessexes are nervous about the surgery, as any parents would be, given that Louise is young and had a rough start of it.)

As for what they do for "work", it seems that they have devoted themselves to Royal duties. It is pretty apparent that they won't be allowed to make an independent living for themselves (they'll be set up by newspapers, accused of trading on their Royal connections, etc.)

There is another picture of Louise in the Daily express today in her
daddy's arms.

Somebody see the photo?

thanks Iowabelle for answering my question! which brings up another one..if attending royal duties and appearances is 'all they do' for a living, does that actually bring in enough to subsidize their lavish existence? they own that enormously vast estate, dont they: I once saw a picture and it looked like it could easily span a couple of city blocks it was that big. and big is expensive, plus, it can't be that mommy Elizabeth pays all the bills? just curious.

Louise look very similiar to the cousin Zara in similar age :eek:

Attachments

• familia real 1.JPG
    familia real 1.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 583
They rent out the renovated sables to a Canadian company. Edward's old company use to it. But mommy (the queen) pays the rest.

Lovely Louise! :)
But... if had met them, I would have failed to recognize them! :D
What's Sophie's wearing? I would never wear such a thing. On the beach, perhaps. :D

I love that picture on Britannia! The Queen's wearing trousers :eek: (I like her) and Edward resembles William.

CATS said:
They rent out the renovated sables to a Canadian company. Edward's old company use to it. But mommy (the queen) pays the rest.

Actually The Queen is Edward's landlord, he pay her rent, but yes out of the money she pays him to carry out engagements. Personally I prefer that Edward renovated and rent a historical house rather than have his mother build him one for his wedding present, like his siblings. If the Queen didn't rent it to Edward, it would simply be a wonderful British building standing empty.
And it doesn;t have as many rooms as the tabloids say (they disagree among themselves as well), and the arial view is very deceiving. The house underwent renovation for it to became the Royal Army Chaplin Training Centre and then Edward also renovated it. AS it stands the tabloids are either counting closets and cabinets as living areas or Edward is living in Hogwarts. :D

I think Edward and Sophie are hoping that those photos linked to above don't appear in print. They are really embarressing, especially the ones of the boat.

The Queen isn't his landlord, the Crown Estates Commissioners are. He pays rent to them, not to his mum.

The building would not have been standing empty, a military department vacated the house so Edward could move in. The department would probably still be there if Edward hadn't moved in.

The rent on the house is around L250,000 a year, which is exactly what he receives for engagements, so he's obviously using the money he gets from renting out the stables to cover the rent.

I found that pic of the royal family on Britannia to be most shocking, the first thing that came to my mind was "omg the look like normal people". hehehe. The queen wearing trousers? wow.

Do you reliese how moch it cost to secure Bagshot Park. It is way, way more than they would normally recieve. it was ethier 450 000 Dollars or pounds can't remember which and that is just secure the bountries.
I found the swim suit photos, its not too bad, but she could have done better.

Last edited:
corazon said:
Louise look very similiar to the cousin Zara in similar age :eek:

I was wondering, do you have more photos of sarah on that age???:confused: :)

I will try find more zara's photos

one more for you, photofan ;)

Attachments

• ana zara y peter.jpg
    ana zara y peter.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 205
Maybe it's just still extra weight from the baby?

ladybelline said:
So do I...to me, it could be the wind blowing on her dress, but frankly I am now waiting for an official announcement;) ...
I don't know - doesn't seem likely Sophie is pregnant again. Her legs and ankles are pretty big, too, not just the tummy. Maybe she's just at an age (and I can relate) where it's harder to take off weight once it's gained, and she hasn't gotten rid of it since the birth of the last little one?

Does anyone know who are the families that the Earl and Countess of Wessex went on holiday with? Are they perhaps mentioned in the Hello! Article.

In a daily mail article it said that they were going to start trying again after louise turns 2

portergirl said:
I don't know - doesn't seem likely Sophie is pregnant again. Her legs and ankles are pretty big, too, not just the tummy. Maybe she's just at an age (and I can relate) where it's harder to take off weight once it's gained, and she hasn't gotten rid of it since the birth of the last little one?

I don't think it's excess or leftover weight from the pregnancy with Louise. If you see pictures of Sophie from even a few months ago (more than a year since Louise's birth), Sophie was pretty slim and pretty much back to her pre-pregnancy figure.

Sophie was never super slender though, even pre-pregnancy. She was always a very healthy weight though, with the slightly thicker calves and ankles and arms.

I really can't say. As I think that Sophie's weight looks different in various clothes. If she wears a jacket or something that cuts her waist she looks slim. Anything that doesn't makes her look frumpy and on occassion pregnant? Remember that brown outfit, she wore in Portugual, I really thought she was pregnant than.

Flora&maisie said:
In a daily mail article it said that they were going to start trying again after louise turns 2
I really hope Sophie will be pregnant again.It will be great for them and the family.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
So much new lovely photo of Louise shopping with her mother today from Daily Mail:
So so much cutie Louise:
Louise takes the lead on first outing

With An inquisitive toddler in tow, you can't help being sociable. As the Countess of Wessex discovered while strolling with her daughter in an Italian village square.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=357789&in_page_id=1770

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that Sophie seems to have Louise on a leash-type thing as if she were an animal who needs to be tamed? I know they are in a busy area with lots of people and lots of activity but other royals (not to mention other regular parents) who have their young children in busy areas don't find it necessary to put their children on such a leash.

Last month the Belgian Crown Princely couple had both their children attending the National Day celebrations with all sorts of activities. Gabriel, who is a little bit older than Louise, was allowed to walk unencumbered by such a leash. His parents simply held his hand or carried him. Why couldn't Sophie do the same?

I don't think it's a bad idea. My parents were pretty attentive, and I still managed to run off a few times.

I was surprised to see the leash in a photograph, since their bodyguards would probably prevent Louise from wondering off or being snatched.

Leading reins have been quite common over the years and don't seem to lead to major psychological problems as kids grow up. If Louise is at a stage of running off or falling over a lot, it might just be the safest way of taking her out.

Elspeth said:
Leading reins have been quite common over the years and don't seem to lead to major psychological problems as kids grow up. If Louise is at a stage of running off or falling over a lot, it might just be the safest way of taking her out.

I don't think it will lead to long term psychological problems for Louise. I'm just saying that I think there are other ways to handle Louise in public places than with a reign or leash.

Cristina of Spain has three young boys and is often seen around Barcelona walking with her sons to and from school, to the movies or to sporting events, and always she and her husband have been able to take care of their sons without a reign or leash. You would think that Sophie could handle one little girl on her own too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom