Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 6: March-June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
how exciting for you!
And its nice to know that Sophie's coming with him. As I recall, she didnt accompany Edward when came to Canada in 2003. Though she was here a couple of years before that. Cant remember the exact year.

They were both here 2000 to open up a Parliamentary Conference in Prince Edward Island, in 2001 to open the Pan-Am Games in Alberta, in 2002 for Duke of Edinburgh's Awards business (I met them this time after an awards ceremony in Scarborough where TRH posed for a couple of photos for me! They were very nice), and, as you said, Edward came alone in 2003. The Duke of Edinburgh was in Toronto in 2004 for the Awards Sceme.

bweir said:
They were both here 2000 to open up a Parliamentary Conference in Prince Edward Island, in 2001 to open the Pan-Am Games in Alberta, in 2002 for Duke of Edinburgh's Awards business (I met them this time after an awards ceremony in Scarborough where TRH posed for a couple of photos for me! They were very nice), and, as you said, Edward came alone in 2003. The Duke of Edinburgh was in Toronto in 2004 for the Awards Sceme.

thanx for all the info. So basically Edward has been here every year since 2000, with and without his wife. Thats amazing.

I think you are talking about the Monarchist League Launch in Toranto. If anyone wishes to attend, I'll be happy to provide you with the details.
It appears Sophie's engagements have not yet been finalised. It looks like she'll be coming to Canada with Edward, but besides attending a ceremony for a hero of her Candian Regiment, Lincoln and Welland Regiment and a choir performance (which both will attend) I cannot find anything else.

Congradulations to Sophie who has been made patron of ChildLine. :)

Prince Edward opened the new Twickenham Cricket Pavilion on 19th April.

Attachments

• opened_sml.jpg
    opened_sml.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 240
  • unveiling5-sml.jpg
    unveiling5-sml.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 258
  • Famous-faces-at-TCC-sml.jpg
    Famous-faces-at-TCC-sml.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 293
Thanks for pics Claire.Any new pics of Sophie?I think she had an engagement yesterday.

Today:
The Countess of Wessex:
President, Brainwave, will open the Market at the London Stock Exchange to mark the First Anniversary of Brainwave's adoption as the Exchange's partner charity, Pater Noster Square, London EC4.

In June:
The Earl and Countess of Wessex
will visit Canada from 1st - 9th June 2005 and will be accompanied by The Countess of Wessex from 3rd June .

Hello has an article about Sophie and her new role as patron of "ChildLine".

If you click on the photo and then go ahead to photo number two there is a photo of Sophie with the model Caprice, a woman who, if I'm not mistaken, was said to have had an affair with Prince Andrew.
I wonder what the two talked about...;)

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/22/sophiewessex/

Sophie Wessex presents awards at Childline event
from Hellomagazine
22 APRIL 2005

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/22/sophiewessex/#enviarElegant in pale gold, the Countess of Wessex made a distinctly springlike impression when she presented awards to model/singer Caprice and other supporters of ChildLine at a special event hosted by the children's charity in London this week.

Prince Edward's wife has just been announced as the first patron of ChildLine, which was founded by popular TV personality Esther Rantzen in 1986 and provides advice, protection and comfort specifically to children.

Mother-of-one Sophie is also patron of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, where she addressed delegates earlier this month as part of her spring engagement schedule. In June, she and her husband are to visit Canada, where they are both honorary colonels in military regiments.

1. ChildLine founder Esther Rantzen pictured with Sophie

2. The Countess and model/singer Caprice

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 317
Here are some photos of Sophie opening the London Stock exchange and one of her poising for her annoucement of Patron of ChildLine (source : rex features)
And one from Edward's visit to Gwent yesterday.
The lady in the picture asked about Louise, and Edward said that she is really growing up fast now.

Attachments

• 1114076182-1.jpg
    1114076182-1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 1114076182-4.jpg
    1114076182-4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 520472g.jpg
    520472g.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 840
  • P3_edward_LG230405.jpg
    P3_edward_LG230405.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Here are some photos of Edward at the British Junior Ski Championships (2004) also held at Meribel.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• hrh&Azar.jpg
    hrh&Azar.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Scanned Photo3.JPG
    Scanned Photo3.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Aaron & HRH_small.jpg
    Aaron & HRH_small.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 217
Sophie not is pregnant?

Today,TRH will still undertake engagements in Cornwall,i think there would be some pics in some photos agencies but i did not see in Getty,AAP,Corbis,Nynn,or Rex.Anyone see any pics?

Photo of Sophie opening trading at LSE from Royal Insight

Attachments

• Insight_apr05_gallery_stock_large.jpg
    Insight_apr05_gallery_stock_large.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 324
Sophie and Edward in Cornwall

Here are some photos of the Earl and Countess of Wessex in Cornwall. Source: Royal Insight

I've also added another Sophie's earlier engagement.

Attachments

• Insight_apr05_gallery_cider_large.jpg
    Insight_apr05_gallery_cider_large.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Insight_apr05_gallery_dairy_large.jpg
    Insight_apr05_gallery_dairy_large.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 346
  • Insight_apr05_gallery_watergate_large.jpg
    Insight_apr05_gallery_watergate_large.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 288
  • countessofWessex1.jpg
    countessofWessex1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Today:
The Earl and Countess of Wessex
will present the competition prizes at the Young Enterprise 2005 Surrey County Finals, University of Surrey, Guildford.

The Countess of Wessex
will attend the Borough of Surrey Heath Charity Golf Day at Camberley Heath Golf Club, Surrey.
Wait and see for any pics.

The Countess of Wessex launches a charity golf day at the Camberley Heath Golf Club, pictures from UK Press:

Attachments

• Wessex_Golf_10-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_10-UKP.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Wessex_Golf_2-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_2-UKP.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Wessex_Golf_1-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_1-UKP.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 201
  • Wessex_Golf_12-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_12-UKP.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Wessex_Golf_11-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_11-UKP.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 335
  • Wessex_Golf_3-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_3-UKP.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Wessex_Golf_4-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_4-UKP.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Wessex_Golf_5-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_5-UKP.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 183
  • Wessex_Golf_6-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_6-UKP.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Wessex_Golf_7-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_Golf_7-UKP.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
SOPHIE SWINGS INTO ACTION ON THE GOLF COURSE

29 APRIL 2005

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/29/sophiewessex/#enviarPrince Andrew's passion for golf is already well known, but now it seems his sister-in-law may be getting in on the act, too. Sophie Wessex brought a touch of royal elegance to the Camberley Gold Club on Thursday when she received a few tips on how to improve her swing.

A sharply cut trousersuit isn't the normal choice of attire when heading out for a day on the green, but that didn't stop the VIP guest from teeing up.

The combination of a large crowd of onlookers and Mayor of Camberley Paul Illnicki's advice on how to avoid the bunkers failed to faze the Countess, who laughed heartily after her ball disappeared into the distance.

Sophie's real reason for visiting the club was to support the Borough of Surrey's charity golf day. In previous years the Princess Royal has attended the event, which is staged to raise money for good causes, but this time Anne was busy preparing for a reception at Buckingham Palace.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/29/sophiewessex/

wessex-dop1a.jpg

The nattily dressed Countess tees up at the charity event, unfazed by onlookers and proffered advice
Photo: © Rex

Sophie at Charity Golf Day

Here are some more. She looks happier in these pics.:) Source : Rex Features

Attachments

• 521284c.jpg
    521284c.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 859
  • 521284d.jpg
    521284d.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 833
  • 521284e.jpg
    521284e.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 843
  • 521284g.jpg
    521284g.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 838
  • 521284i.jpg
    521284i.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 856
  • 521284h.jpg
    521284h.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 852
Last edited:
Did any notice the odd poll been conducted on the Hello! Royalty page, linked to in a previous reply?
The reason I ask is because it makes no sense.
They ask about Sophie's golf outting?
And the two options are..
1. She should learn for Edward's sake
2. No, she must stick to motherhood and royal duties.

Now anyone on the page would have read that it is Andrew that is the golfer, not Edward. Although everyone, appears to be getting the two confused these days, you don't know how many photos I saw of C&C's wedding, referring to Sophie as Prince Andrew's wife. As far as I know Edward doesn't play he simply watches the golf game notably for the benefit of the Duke of Edinburgh Cup. On similiar news Edward will be going to confer the 'royal' title on a golf course in the Czech Republic, later this year. I can only think that BP is having Ed do it, rather than Andrew as every time he is seen on a golf course these days, the press go made.

And than the second option, She should stick to 'motherhood' it sounds like the old barefooted and pregnant role for women. And anyone who read the article would know that it was an official royal engagement.

Claire said:
Did any notice the odd poll been conducted on the Hello! Royalty page, linked to in a previous reply?
The reason I ask is because it makes no sense.
They ask about Sophie's golf outting?
And the two options are..
1. She should learn for Edward's sake
2. No, she must stick to motherhood and royal duties.

And than the second option, She should stick to 'motherhood' it sounds like the old barefooted and pregnant role for women. And anyone who read the article would know that it was an official royal engagement.

Hello polls aren't exactly scientific. Now with the big Charles and Camilla wedding excitement/controversy dying down, I guess Hello is grasping at straws for coverage of the royals.

Here from Royal Insight:

Attachments

• Insight_may05_gallery_golf4.jpg
    Insight_may05_gallery_golf4.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 166
The Earl of Wessex attended the Lunch at Luxembourg Embassy on April 13th:

Attachments

• Resize of Insight_may05_gallery_luxembourg_large.jpg
    Resize of Insight_may05_gallery_luxembourg_large.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 311
Any pic of their Daughter Louise???

It has been a long time since pisctures have been released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom