Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 4: September-December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?!, Sophie look like Diana?!!!.........DIANA AND HER BEAUTY THEY ARE UNIQUE!!!
Everybody's unique. However, there have been some photos of Sophie that look quite like Diana.

I agree with you, Gloria..........but, for my, Sophie not look like Diana, I respect your opinion Elspet.

Everybody is unique, it is ture. There have been some photos of Sophie that look quite like Diana, it is also true. But if your pay attention to all the details of these two ladies facial structure, EVEN when you looked at any pics of D, D does look much better than S.D has more class than S and is more elegant than S. This is truth and nonbody on earth can possibly deny it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you common on some one's look, it does not mean that your are taking a person's complete value away. Why you react to C's words like that. We recongnize each person fairlly and honestly. Even some of Sophie's photos that look quite like Diana, but it is only limited to some angles and it is not very often to happen. If I put your words as truth, than D AND S are the twins!!!!

Beauty is woman's uniqe property! Do not take Diana's beauty and elegance away when you compare S with D!!!Sophie is nor beautiful nor elegant! It takes a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot....more for SOPHIE to achieve the same effect as Diana did.

Diana is Diana....Sophie is Sophie

HONESTLY! I have never heard so much rot!!

The Countess of Wessex is a very down to earth and lovely lady. She is no less beautiful than Diana. And let us not get into the assumption that Diana was naturally beautiful.! If you look at photo's of Diana before the engagement & wedding she was very much a fairly ordinary young woman, nothing particularly remarkable.

gloria said:
Everybody is unique, it is ture. There have been some photos of Sophie that look quite like Diana, it is also true. But if your pay attention to all the details of these two ladies facial structure, EVEN when you looked at any pics of D, D does look much better than S.D has more class than S and is more elegant than S. This is truth and nonbody on earth can possibly deny it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you common on some one's look, it does not mean that your are taking a person's complete value away. Why you react to C's words like that. We recongnize each person fairlly and honestly. Even some of Sophie's photos that look quite like Diana, but it is only limited to some angles and it is not very often to happen. If I put your words as truth, than D AND S are the twins!!!!

Beauty is woman's uniqe property! Do not take Diana's beauty and elegance away when you compare S with D!!!Sophie is nor beautiful nor elegant! It takes a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot....more for SOPHIE to achieve the same effect as Diana did.

I'll be quite happy to go on record as denying that Diana had more class than Sophie. Yes, she was strikingly good-looking, elegant, and well groomed - but class? That's rather subjective.

HMQueen Elizabeth II,

I would like to ask u a question, are you the real queen or why your are using HMQueen Elizabeth II AS your memebr's name?

gloria said:
HMQueen Elizabeth II,

I would like to ask u a question, are you the real queen or why your are using HMQueen Elizabeth II AS your memebr's name?
Do you honestly think that someone with as busy a schedule as Queen Elizabeth would be spending all her time on a message board? This is a fun place, but come on! The Queen has better things to do with her time.

And why is it any one's business what this member's name is or why they chose it? Lots of people have royal-related names -- it's a royal forum afterall.

And isn't this thread about Edward and Sophie? Why are we now asking about member's names in the middle of a thread?

Last edited:
You are mean. I wondered if it is the real queen who has posted the massage. Would you choose queen's name to put on your passport to make it official??? Nobody will get it. You are so mean the way you talk to people.

She isn't being mean, Gloria, she's just pointing out that your post is off-topic. Off-topic posts tend to be annoying for people who look at threads to read about their topic. If you want to ask personal questions of another poster, which have no bearing on the topic of the thread, you can do so via private message.

Here are more photos.

Attachments

• COLOUR10044795.jpg
    COLOUR10044795.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 259
  • COLOUR10044796.jpg
    COLOUR10044796.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 257
  • COLOUR10044800.jpg
    COLOUR10044800.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 256
  • COLOUR10044801.jpg
    COLOUR10044801.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 264
  • COLOUR10044802.jpg
    COLOUR10044802.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 273
  • COLOUR10044803.jpg
    COLOUR10044803.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 276
  • COLOUR10044804.jpg
    COLOUR10044804.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 249
  • COLOUR10044805.jpg
    COLOUR10044805.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 226
  • COLOUR10044806.jpg
    COLOUR10044806.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 235
  • COLOUR10044794.jpg
    COLOUR10044794.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 273
Here are more.

Attachments

• COLOUR10044806.jpg
    COLOUR10044806.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 234
  • COLOUR10044810.jpg
    COLOUR10044810.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 229
  • COLOUR10044809.jpg
    COLOUR10044809.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 254
  • COLOUR10044808.jpg
    COLOUR10044808.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 222
  • COLOUR10044807.jpg
    COLOUR10044807.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 234
What do you think?When can we see pics of Lady Louise?At her 1st birthday?
I think it´s not a good decision not to show her because so there will always be rumours about her health...

that true,liv

i wanted see her daughter's birthday i wanted respect Countess of Wessex because Lady Louise have problems since her born last year i know that not fair.

i cant wait see Lady Louise's 1st birthday what lookslike!?

Sara Boyce

I may be way off topic here but I was scanning the arguments here about family and that once you are royal your family is secondary. I have always been put off my the British royal family because it seems that they take precedence over everyone else. For goodness sake, is Sophie supposed to not spend time with her family? It's bad enough that they are not included in Christmas celebrations etc. One thing I like about the Spanish royals is that they are very inclusive of theor son-in-laws families. If you notice Inaki's and Jaime's families are invited to family events and Cristina and ELena spend Christmas holidays with their husbands' famililies also. The Spanish are definitely more down to earth. Now before anyone chops off my head. I was a big fan of Diana and I am not trying to demean the British royals. I am just stating my opinion.

Thanks for all the great pics Gloria! The Countess of Wessex looked great as always, nice to see her in a bright blue colour like that! I also wonder when we'll get to see pics of Lady Louise - let's hope for her 1st birthday! *fingers crossed*

ennyllorac said:
I may be way off topic here but I was scanning the arguments here about family and that once you are royal your family is secondary. I have always been put off my the British royal family because it seems that they take precedence over everyone else. For goodness sake, is Sophie supposed to not spend time with her family? It's bad enough that they are not included in Christmas celebrations etc. One thing I like about the Spanish royals is that they are very inclusive of theor son-in-laws families. If you notice Inaki's and Jaime's families are invited to family events and Cristina and ELena spend Christmas holidays with their husbands' famililies also. The Spanish are definitely more down to earth. Now before anyone chops off my head.
I think in some royal families it is of course easier to include in-laws or to split holidays with in-laws (which many families face each holiday season) than others. The Spanish royals, like the British royals, are all fortunate enough to have their in-laws reside within the same country as them, even if it's not the same city. But other monarchies (such as Denmark and the Netherlands) it is not quite so easy for Mary and Maxima, whose families live rather far away from their new homes. But that being said, I do appreciate that the Spanish royals, as humble as they are, tend to put family on par with royal duties, rather than royal duties above everything else, including family. I have seen Jaime's mother and Inaki's parents invited to several official events at which their sons have attended and I don't remember much fuss being made about the Marichalar and Urdangarins in attendance.

I think the Spanish royals are quite accomodating with their daughters and their husbands and in-laws, none of which seems to interfere with the carrying on with royal duties. By including the in-laws, there is a sense of inclusion within the family and support (rather than isolation) for the sons and Infanta daughter-in-laws that I think is important.

I hope that after the rather public unhappiness Diana and Fergie endured as a result of being isolated from their families (although they each had other problems, too), the British royals will be more helpful and accomodating of Sophie's family so that can continue to represent the royal family as graciously as she does now, even if it means having her parents at her side occasionally.

ennyllorac said:
I may be way off topic here but I was scanning the arguments here about family and that once you are royal your family is secondary. I have always been put off my the British royal family because it seems that they take precedence over everyone else. For goodness sake, is Sophie supposed to not spend time with her family? It's bad enough that they are not included in Christmas celebrations etc. One thing I like about the Spanish royals is that they are very inclusive of theor son-in-laws families. If you notice Inaki's and Jaime's families are invited to family events and Cristina and ELena spend Christmas holidays with their husbands' famililies also. The Spanish are definitely more down to earth. Now before anyone chops off my head. I was a big fan of Diana and I am not trying to demean the British royals. I am just stating my opinion.
i agree with you!

when Princess Diana got Prince William and Harry Diana would allowed going on travel because Diana need to bring baby on holidays when William was nine month old Diana took him to Australia and New Zealand for official trip and banquet also and Princess Diana took boys to Italy for state trip also!

but Sophie wouldnt bring her baby she wanted her baby staying with nanny while Sophie and Edward was in Denmark for state Wedding of Crown Prince Frederick to Mary Donaldson in May 2004 but Sophie cant bring baby to state trip i understood Sophie because Sophie obey HM Queen all the times i would fingers crossed also,grandduchess im wishes lady louises with her parents if baby needs parents! that not fair!

Sara Boyce

Alexandria said:
I think the Spanish royals are quite accomodating with their daughters and their husbands and in-laws, none of which seems to interfere with the carrying on with royal duties. By including the in-laws, there is a sense of inclusion within the family and support (rather than isolation) for the sons and Infanta daughter-in-laws that I think is important.

I hope that after the rather public unhappiness Diana and Fergie endured as a result of being isolated from their families (although they each had other problems, too), the British royals will be more helpful and accomodating of Sophie's family so that can continue to represent the royal family as graciously as she does now, even if it means having her parents at her side occasionally.

Very well said, Alexandria!

Revealing Louise

I believe we might see a photo of Lady Louise around her birthday, perhaps at her party or something like an exclusive in Hello! It is important to note that Louise is not a member of the royal family like William and Harry. Sophie and Edward do not have to keep showing her to the press. So we will probably see Louise as often as we see the children of Lady Helen Taylor and Lady Sarah Chatto.

Yes, I would like to see her more. But they understand the need to secure her privacy right from the word go. This is actually the same route Princess Anne travelled in regard to Peter and Zara, by the way.

Sophie seems to be having a terrible time getting out of that car. I see she has pulled her maternity wardrope out of the cupbaord though.

Countess of Wessex Attends "Tomorrow's People" Awards

DWF15-928496.jpg
DWF15-928494.jpg
DWF15-928497.jpg
DWF15-928495.jpg

The top makes her look larger than she is. And the belt is a little large for modern style. She's looked a lot better at evening events, like that outfit she wore to Little Black Dress thing in 2002.

Hopefully, we'll see photos of Louise with her parents on November 7th for her 1st birthday. Has she gotten eye surgery yet? Have they discovered that she doesn't need it? I hope she'll have a normal and happy life after [surgery]. :)

Edward and Sophie wedding and honeymoon

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the pics Corazon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that Edward often attend Sophie's engagements - Charities were she is the patron or president (like that of the St. John Ambulance) Did Charles or Andrew ever give that support to Diana or Sarah? Or is Edward so used to playing the role of the Duke of Edinburgh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom