Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 3: May-September 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandria said:
Courtesy of the Glittering Royals MB. I believe Sophie has worn this fuschia pink dress on two previous occasions, one at an event in London and shortly after that at the Crown Princely wedding in Denmark.

Actually, this is the gown Sophie wore to the return banquet for the Polish state visit. Notice the texture of the fabirc. The shawl is the one she wore in Denmark though.

A.C.C. said:
Actually, this is the gown Sophie wore to the return banquet for the Polish state visit. Notice the texture of the fabirc. The shawl is the one she wore in Denmark though.

Thanks for the correction A.C.C. Sophie wore two very pink dresses close together and I got them mixed up. Although now that I see the photos, one was clearly fushia pink and the other more of a grapefruit colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Will Say This For Countess She Don't Mind Wearing The Same Thing Over Again!!!! Good For Her!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify two people from Prince Edward and Sophie's wedding. In the picture of Sophie and her father walking up the isle, there are two unidentified women sitting on the Groom's side of the chapel. One is sitting to the left of Prince William and the other is sitting to the right of Peter Philips. Are they perhaps seat keepers for Prince Charles and Prince Andrew?

Hi,

I doubt they were seat warmers - Charles and Andrew were at the altar for the whole wedding. I know the photo you are refering to, so I'll try to post it. No I don't think it'll help us to identify. It's too small to see anything good. I can just make out what they were wearing. I think the lady next to William is Lady Chatto, as she was the only one I saw wearing brown. But the lady in the pink?? It's not Lady Sarah Taylor, nor is it Davina, Gaby or Rose. Zara was wearing purple and is clearly in view.

So, I have no idea! They are sitting in the first row with the British Royal Family, but I can for the live of me not identify them. Counsins from the the Duke of Edinburgh side, maybe?

Claire

Elsie said:
I was wondering if anyone could help me identify two people from Prince Edward and Sophie's wedding. In the picture of Sophie and her father walking up the isle, there are two unidentified women sitting on the Groom's side of the chapel. One is sitting to the left of Prince William and the other is sitting to the right of Peter Philips. Are they perhaps seat keepers for Prince Charles and Prince Andrew?
Perhaps you could post the picture you are thinking of in the Sophie and Edward wedding thread in Something New, Something Royal forum. Or you might find the answer to your question already in that thread.

Edward and Sophie are in Portugal today for the inauguration of a grif shopping with vey low prices. I gona see if i found some pics.

gatty has a lots of photos, pls check with them. i do not know how to post photos.

Earl and Countess of Wessex in Lisbon

LISBON, PORTUGAL - SEPTEMBER 9: The Earl and Countess of Wessex attend the inauguration of Freeport Leisure, Europe's largest designer fashion outlet, in Alcochete on September 9, 2004 in Lisbon, Portugal. (Photo by Gareth Davies/Getty Images)

Source: Getty Images

Attachments

• lisbon-10.jpg
    lisbon-10.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 159
  • lisbon-1.jpg
    lisbon-1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 169
  • lisbon-11.jpg
    lisbon-11.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 177
  • lisbon-9.jpg
    lisbon-9.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 172
  • lisbon-8.jpg
    lisbon-8.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 164
  • lisbon-7.jpg
    lisbon-7.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 170
  • lisbon-5.jpg
    lisbon-5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 173
  • lisbon-4.jpg
    lisbon-4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 198
  • lisbon-3.jpg
    lisbon-3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 164
  • lisbon-2.jpg
    lisbon-2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 203
God job, you are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gona see if i can visit this paradise of shopping .

Alexandria said:
LISBON, PORTUGAL - SEPTEMBER 9: The Earl and Countess of Wessex attend the inauguration of Freeport Leisure, Europe's largest designer fashion outlet, in Alcochete on September 9, 2004 in Lisbon, Portugal. (Photo by Gareth Davies/Getty Images)

Source: Getty Images
Countess of Wessex hold gifts for her or Lady Louise?

Sara Boyce

Source: Hello!

Edward and Sophie Jet Over to Portugal

10 SEPTEMBER 2004
While summer is almost over in the UK, the Earl and Countess of Wessex got to enjoy some southern sunshine this week when their official duties took them to Portugal. The royal couple jetted into the picturesque coastal town of Alcochete to open a new shopping complex for retail giants Freeport.

Prince Edward cut the ribbon, while his wife, characteristically radiant in a simple yellow dress with a plunging, off-the-shoulder neckline, looked on.

Located at the mouth of the River Tagus in central Portugal, Alcochete is no stranger to hosting royal visitors. Back in the 15th century, both King John I and King John II spent long periods of time here. And its historic Church of Misericordia, in the town centre, was the birthplace of Portuguese monarch King Manuel.

In those days Portugal's rulers spent most of their time worrying about their country's disputes with neighbouring Spain. But Alcochete's latest royal guests enjoyed an altogether more relaxing time. Among the sights to be seen in the area are the Tagus Nature Reserve, which is home to everything from wild bulls to flamingos, and the Museum of Sacred Art.

Attachments

• wessex-dop1a.jpg
    wessex-dop1a.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 205
  • wessex-dop2a.jpg
    wessex-dop2a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 184
These are lovely photos. I always thought the Countess had a pretty difficult and delicate situation to deal with at first, what with Princess Diana's shadow and all the comparisons at first, but she has slowly and patiently made her way. She's finally come into her own and is now one of my preferred members of the Windsor clan.

Thanks for the pictures Alexandria. I believe this is the couple's second official visit to Portugal.:)

there are more photos at getty image, click on prince edward, and you wil find some other new pics. i do not know how to post photos.

i got those photos.

Attachments

• 51283264.jpg
    51283264.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 851.jpg
    851.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 183
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 219
  • D 32055-03.jpg
    D 32055-03.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 51283270.jpg
    51283270.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 51283269.jpg
    51283269.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 51283261.jpg
    51283261.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 51283260.jpg
    51283260.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 51283259.jpg
    51283259.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 51283258.jpg
    51283258.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 211
I think the couple bring baby Lady Louise? or stay with nanny? while parents away on state trips.

im just ask question!

Sara Boyce

More from Portugal

VILAMOURA, Portugal. Earl and Countess of Wessex presented the awards of the Duke of Edinburgh Golf Tournament at the golf course of Vilamoura (Algrave, south of Portugal). The money collected is designated to youth programs.
Source: Imagine Scandinavia

Attachments

• wessex-126914.jpg
    wessex-126914.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 512
  • wessex-126915.jpg
    wessex-126915.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 269
  • wessex-126916.jpg
    wessex-126916.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 202
  • wessex-126917.jpg
    wessex-126917.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 522
  • wessex-126918.jpg
    wessex-126918.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 180
  • wessex-126919.jpg
    wessex-126919.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 481
Thanks for the photos Alexandria. The couple looks extremely happy--good for them.:)

I like the color brown on the Countess, but the blouse makes her look around 5-6 months pregnant, especially in the 2nd and last photo...

Alisa said:
Thanks for the photos Alexandria. The couple looks extremely happy--good for them.:)

I like the color brown on the Countess, but the blouse makes her look around 5-6 months pregnant, especially in the 2nd and last photo...

You're welcome Alisa. :)

I hadn't noticed that about the brown top until I read your comment. Perhaps you're onto something ...? ;) (Let the rumour mill begin!)

she does look pregnant, thou, well they both deserve another baby

To be honest I don´t think that Sophie will get pregnant again.She will be 40 in January and she had already two difficult pregnancies with one lovely end.They can try it but when she won´t get pregnant they should not be dissapointed but thankful for Louise.

i think so!

if she would have another baby before she become 40's i hopeful! i dont think so if Sophie would plans another baby wait annoucement from Buckingham Palace first but she is 39 year old.

if she really pregnant!?! she and Edward havent plans another baby because Sophie had collaspe since her daughter was born in November 2003 im sure Sophie cant have another baby if Sophie wanted trying another baby wait and see if Sophie wanted it or not

wait and see what happened about Countess of Wessex

Sara Boyce

I think it would be lovely if she's pregnant, off course IF...but it would be nice for them and for louise to have a brother or sister...

I don't know, But I hope it is.
However Edward and Sophie are going on an official tour of Poland the first weeks fo November. If Sophie drops out, than rumours will diffinitely fly. Oh, How I do hope so.

wait and see!

if couple will plans have state trips if missed their daughter's 1st birthday when her parents away to on state trips.

i read my msn e-mail today about Prince Edward will have lots to do for him gone trips what he include visiting USA,Poland,South African and lots more if he would come with Sophie if Sophie have plans visiting in England without husband on state trips.

wait and see whatsup from Earl and Countess's news

Sara Boyce

Prince Edward Visits Karelia
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, practises archery while visiting the International Youth Camp near Petrozavodsk in Russia.

Source: Corbis

Attachments

• 906560.jpg
    906560.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 282
  • 906618.jpg
    906618.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 906656.jpg
    906656.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 906657.jpg