Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 2: September 2003-May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrific article mybags. Thank you for sharing it.

Sophie sounds like an elated new mom!

9 January 2004 - Prince Edward at Lord's Taverners gala dinner aboard the Queen Mary 2 luxury liner, Southampton, Britain.

Attachments

• 440752g.jpg
    440752g.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 440752h.jpg
    440752h.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 440752i.jpg
    440752i.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 278
  • edward.jpg
    edward.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 281
  • 440752c.jpg
    440752c.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 267
Last edited by a moderator:
Polfoto 13-01-2004 The Earl of Wessex during his visit to Glasgow, January 13 2004 where he made a visit to the West of Scotland Blood Transfusion Centre at Gartnavel Hospital.

Attachments

• edward_1.jpg
    edward_1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 239
  • edward.jpg
    edward.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 263
  • blood_1.jpg
    blood_1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 250
  • blood_2.jpg
    blood_2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 245
In Hello magazine cover is the picture of Edward, Sophie. little Louise and queen Elizabeth!!!

:heart: I love to see this couple they seem to love each other very much

Attachments

• Ed_and_Sophie___1.jpg
    Ed_and_Sophie___1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 279
Originally posted by wlb825@Jan 14th, 2004 - 10:19 am
i love that pictures! :heart: since got marriage!

Sara Boyce

Edward and Sophie

Attachments

• Edward___5.jpg
    Edward___5.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 276
  • es1.jpg
    es1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 285
  • es2.jpg
    es2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 298
  • es3.jpg
    es3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 298
  • es.jpg
    es.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 293
hi ;) I love this red gown of sophie but i can't find another picture of this gown. Does anybody know when was this taken? and what event? Thanks very much. I would appreciate it f u post more pics of this lovely red gown. Tnx ;)

Well ok, to be honest, I need a gown for an event and u know - i love the off-shoulder style of this one- so i'm going to show this to have a gown inspired by this one hehe ;)

Attachments

• post_12_1074092351.jpg
    post_12_1074092351.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 287
Just thought I should say Happy Birthday to Sophie...even if I am a bit late!

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jan 20th, 2004 - 10:20 pm
hi ;) I love this red gown of sophie but i can't find another picture of this gown. Does anybody know when was this taken? and what event?
Sophie wore this in 1996 at an Asprey jewelers party. Rex Features has a fuller picture of this gown. :flower:

Originally posted by wlb825@Jan 14th, 2004 - 10:19 am
I love how Sophie is holding tight to that bridge! I did the same thing on a similar looking one near Vancouver!

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jan 20th, 2004 - 10:20 pm
hi ;) I love this red gown of sophie but i can't find another picture of this gown. Does anybody know when was this taken? and what event? Thanks very much. I would appreciate it f u post more pics of this lovely red gown. Tnx ;)

Well ok, to be honest, I need a gown for an event and u know - i love the off-shoulder style of this one- so i'm going to show this to have a gown inspired by this one hehe ;)
looks like as Diana's gowns i do believe it!

Sara Boyce

i don't know if is me but doesn't sophie look a little bite like lady d.? :unsure:

I went to the offifcial Britsh Royal website to see where it said that Sophie was given the Royal FamilY Order and couldn't find it in the archive section for August 2003. Where does it say this?

From the August 2003 archives of the mailbox section of Royal Insight on the official website of The British Monarchy.

Q: Mariann - United Kingdom
Are all female members of the Royal Family entitled to wear the Royal Family Order of The Queen or do they have to be conferred upon that particular person?

The Royal Family Order is a badge worn by female members of the Royal Family, personally bestowed by The Queen. They date from the reign of George IV and have been instituted in one form or another by Queen Victoria, King Edward VII, King George V, King George VI and The Queen. Family Orders are worn pinned to the left shoulder at formal evening occasions when other orders and decorations are worn.

The Royal Family Order is personally bestowed by the Sovereign. The Queen herself wears the Family Orders of her father King George VI and her grandfather King George V. Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester, has those of King George V, King George VI and The Queen. Princess Alexandra has those of King George VI and The Queen. Those who wear that of The Queen only are The Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duchess of Gloucester and The Duchess of Kent.

The Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II depicts The Queen in evening dress wearing the riband and star of the Order of the Garter. The miniature, painted on ivory, is bordered by diamonds and surmounted by a Tudor crown in diamonds and red enamel. The reverse, in silver-gilt, is patterned with rays and depicts the royal cypher and St Edward's Crown in gold and enamel. The watered silk ribbon is chartreuse yellow and formed into a bow.

Originally posted by A.C.C.@Jan 21st, 2004 - 9:03 pm
The Royal Family Order is a badge worn by female members of the Royal Family, personally bestowed by The Queen. They date from the reign of George IV and have been instituted in one form or another by Queen Victoria, King Edward VII, King George V, King George VI and The Queen. Family Orders are worn pinned to the left shoulder at formal evening occasions when other orders and decorations are worn.
when a bestowed memeber dies, do the frames get resued in future generations?
it would be expensive to continually get them made.

for example, Princess Alice has 3 - would the frames be used when Charles in king and gives his daughter-in-laws and nieces one?

A old pic. I belive is taken after the wedding. Sophie is very elegant in this. :lol: :lol: :lol: I love the hat :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 271
Originally posted by baezid@Jan 21st, 2004 - 3:09 pm
i don't know if is me but doesn't sophie look a little bite like lady d.? :unsure:
Are you talking about Diana, because they are disent cousins.

Yes, baezid is talking about Diana. Some people treat her dor lady Di.

Originally posted by micas@Jan 27th, 2004 - 10:41 am
Yes, baezid is talking about Diana. Some people treat her dor lady Di.
yeah that true!

i watch couple's wedding tapes Sophie and Diana had little different faces not as twin! you know that! but Diana was grew-up in Spencer family her father and grandfather was very wealthy richer but Diana was also rich too!

but you think Sophie was billionaire? how she got money!

Sara Boyce

I don't think Sophie is billionaire. She have some many because she have a producer, isn't it. But Diana is more richer. I listen that she let a lot of many for Willian and Harry.

Originally posted by micas@Jan 27th, 2004 - 9:29 am
A old pic. I belive is taken after the wedding. Sophie is very elegant in this. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I love the hat :lol:  :lol:
This is from 1999, attending Catrina Skepper's wedding. It was about two months before their own wedding. Great photo of both of them.

Sophie's family was not rich or artistocratic like Diana's. Her father managed a tire factory and her mother occasionally took in typing jobs for extra money. I consider Sophie's story a real Cinderella story - not born rich, meets her prince, falls in love, and still seems happy.

And God remaind them like this......................................................... :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Originally posted by tundra+Jan 22nd, 2004 - 8:35 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tundra @ Jan 22nd, 2004 - 8:35 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-A.C.C.@Jan 21st, 2004 - 9:03 pm
when a bestowed memeber dies, do the frames get resued in future generations?
it would be expensive to continually get them made.

for example, Princess Alice has 3 - would the frames be used when Charles in king and gives his daughter-in-laws and nieces one? [/b][/quote]
No. For example: When Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone died in 1981, her family orders (Victoria and Albert, Edward VII, George V, Elizabeth II - I don't believe she had the George VI) were inherited by her daughter Lady May Abel Smith who removed the crowns from the frames and used the remaining frames and portraits as brooches. I would assume that these modified brooches have been inherited by Lady May's three children.

Complements Dennism

"The Queen is planning a "girl power" lunch to celebrate successful
women, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.
Celebrated women from the arts, media, law and business, including
JK Rowling and Cherie Booth, will be at the gathering next month.

The Queen, the Countess of Wessex and the Princess Royal will mingle
with up to 200 invited guests.

A palace spokeswoman said the event on 11 March, three days after
International Women's day, was the first of its kind.

The three women will dine with glamorous guests such as Mobo awards
organiser Kanya King, Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman and Tamara
Mellon, of the Jimmy Choo shoe label.

Others on the invite list include 60s icon Twiggy, journalist Sheena
McDonald, former athlete Dame Mary Peters and ex-model Heather Mills
McCartney.

"It will be the first all female event at the Palace. It's one of
the theme days that we're having," a Palace spokeswoman said.

"It's going to be about women and their achievements.

"It's not just well known people, there will be lots of business
women, women from arts and education and grass roots people."

It will be Sophie's first engagement since the birth of her
daughter, Lady Louise."

I believe it was asked when the Countess of Wessex would begin her official engagements again, well, as the article said, the lunch on March 11, 2004 will be Her Royal Highnesses first official engagement since the birth of Louise.

Before or later of Lady Louise christening?

Originally posted by bweir@Jan 28th, 2004 - 12:45 am
No. For example: When Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone died in 1981, her family orders (Victoria and Albert, Edward VII, George V, Elizabeth II - I don't believe she had the George VI) were inherited by her daughter Lady May Abel Smith who removed the crowns from the frames and used the remaining frames and portraits as brooches. I would assume that these modified brooches have been inherited by Lady May's three children.
Is it safe to assume then that Lady Sarah Chatto inherited Princess Margaret's orders or did they go to Viscountess Linley??

From Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Royalty, shmoyalty. The guy was walking on the wrong part of the street. Like many a commoner before him, His Royal Highness Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex (Prince Charles' younger brother), was scolded by police for ignoring the strict pedestrian code on upscale Belle Meade Boulevard.

Proper use of the boulevard has long been a sore point among Belle Meade residents, who say the walkers and bicyclists create a traffic hazard. They have decreed the only legal place to walk on the boulevard is in the grassy median.

The Belle Meade police noted this — politely — to His misplaced Highness.

"He gently pointed out that we should walk down the middle of the road," said the prince, laughing about the episode during a lecture he presented at an antique show Thursday.

It appears the prince was otherwise well treated in Nashville, or as he put it: "I've been spoiled rotten."

Prince Edward helped plant a yellowwood tree at the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens to commemorate his visit.

Nashville Mayor Bill Purcell joined in the ceremonial tree-planting, which was something of a misnomer as the tree was already firmly in the ground.

"It's one of the easiest trees I've had to plant," Prince Edward said. "It's so much easier when you don't have to dig the hole first."

That's a good story. Funny about the tree too.

Any news of her?I haven´t seen Sophie since christmas,can´t wait to see new photos of her..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom