Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 10: March-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Sophie is not imo a short hair person it instanaly gives her ten more years and her face though thee is not ugly cannot take it BUT just my opinion.

I see in the royal diary that TRH will visit canada on june 1st - june 9th. I know sofie want's to spend time with lady louise but i wish Sofie would do a little more of oversea's visits as thats when we get a bit more press coverage of her, as the british press rarely cover her engagments , she such an asset to the firm.

Larzen said:
The Countess at an event in London, looks like she has a new brooch
The event was..
Sophie, Countess of Wessex attends Wellbeing of Women reception at Mansion House, London, UK
04/04/2006 ;)
(source : bruno press' text)

Last edited:
Sophie's Hair

If you compare the photos from post 44 and 61 (I think those are the numbers), you can see her hair has changed in length in the last two or three weeks. The photos from post 44 are dated about March 24, 2006 and the ones from 61 are April 4, 2006. Definite change in length if you look closely.
Suzanna

April 20, 2006; Sophie, Countess of Wessex visiting St. John ambulance volunteers
to thank them for their heroic actions after the July 7 London terroist attacks

(getty images)

Last edited:
For weeks Sophie has been making public appearances alone even though her husband is no longer out of the country.
I didn't think anything of it until Easter Sunday when her and Prince Edward arrived separately for church. hmmm...

getty images, bruno press

Laviollette said:
For weeks Sophie has been making public appearances alone even though her husband is no longer out of the country.
I didn't think anything of it until Easter Sunday when her and Prince Edward arrived separately for church. hmmm...
Don't read too much into a photo. Sophie and the Queen arrived in the same car while Edward, Andrew and the Duke of Edinburgh walked.

Warren said:
Don't read too much into a photo. Sophie and the Queen arrived in the same car while Edward, Andrew and the Duke of Edinburgh walked.

That happens all the time, Sophie usually arrives with the Queen and the "boys" arrive walking or in another car; it's really nothing;)

The Countess

I THANK IF YOU ARE THE MOTHER OF A YOUNG CHILD YOU WILL RIDE WITH THE QUEEN. THAT'S WHY YOU SEE THE COUNTESS IN THE CAR WITH THE QUEEN GOING TO CHURCH ALL THE TIME:confused: ON HOLIDAYS.

On April 19, 2006 in Heech, Netherlands, along with Crown Princess Maxima, the Earl of Wessex presented the golden awards from International Awards from Young People.

some of the pictures from PPE & ANP :

for more, please go to Maxima's thread, here

If I look back at others who have shared the Queen's car to church - HM the Queen Mother, Princess Maragret, HRH Princess Alice, Dowager Duchess of Gloucester - even Sarah and Diana were there. I just think the Queen doesn't want to be alone and why waste and open sit. Prince Philip won't accept it if he can walk. I think the only reason Camilla wasn't in the car for Christmas was that Charles wanted to met their adoring public. But I doubt we will be seeing Sophie driving with the Queen much longer or even at all.
I'm afriad to say the tide has official changed. If is going to get very difficult to even get info about Edward and Sophie from now. We have entered the era of Charles and Camilla, William and Kate and Harry and Chelsy. They are now the royal family - everyone else is surplus goods.

The Blush Ball

April 25, 2006; Sophie, the Countess of Wessex attends The Blush Ball to raise funds for construction of a new Breast Cancer Haven in North England, at the Natural History Museum in London (getty images)

from UKpress :

25-04-2006
The Countess of Wessex attends the John Grooms Service of Celebration and Thanksgiving

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 223
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
from UK press :
25-04-2006
The Blush Ball at London's Natural History Museum
raising funds for Breast Cancer Haven to construct a third Haven in the North of England held at the Natural History Museum
London, England

from ukpress :

from wenn :

Last edited:
Thanks lots for new pics of the Countess, platinum!But it'd be more lovely for her to go with a hat for the Service at St Paul's Cathedral.But she does look elegant with the new dress at Blush Ball.And yah i'm quite surprised that the Countess does always drives by herself on solo engagements.

Love the dress

I loved the dress and i hope she keeps her hair cut short.:D

wow.. she didn't wear very much for the blush ball.. ;) on one photo it's almost like janet jackson at the mtv awards :D

Countess of Wessex looking lovely in red, at an event in Sussex

from ukpress :

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Thank you for posting the pics, purple!
Sophie has been quite busy the last days and brings the fresh and colourful spring into our computers ;)

Is it me or does the Countess doesn't look too happy at the Blush Ball? Her smiles look a bit strained to me.

The Countess has been out and about a lot lately!

I think she's looking lovely at the moment. I was a bit unsure about her new haircut at first, but the more I see it the more I like it.

Her dress at the Blush Ball is gorgeous. I think she's worn it before though - she wore it during the Golden Jubilee at a party where representatives from all the Royal Houses attended.

im really like Sophie,Countess of Wessex because she really lovely you know when before she got married she looks like Diana's faces.

I really like Sophie but I just think her new hair is soooo aging. It may look a lot nicer in person but IMO she didn't do herself any favours cutting it. I loved the outfit at the ball and the earrings looked just perfect.Thanks to all of you for posting them.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex attended the ChildLine Patrons awards at the BT Tower on May 2, 2006 in London, England. The awards honoured 11 supporters who have raised more than GBP1 million between them for the children's service.
From Getty Images:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 211
Images from LFI

238730723zy.jpg
238730689bo.jpg

sydney00 said:
hello
there are pics of edward and maxima - international award for young people presenting
For the event, please refer to this post.
and there are more pictures on Maxima's thread, here (from post #148 & above)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom