Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 4: August 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Edward and Sophie were convinced to have a photo of the family for their 10th anniversary. The Queen throught that the Windsor Horse Show would be the best as the family would not be so intruded upon and they have a say over the photos.
So we really should thank the Queen who convinced them to have some pics done.

Oh really? I didn't know that where did you hear that.

There is still a media block out on the Wessex's.
I don't get it then were some media agencies allowed to report on the outing and others weren't? Sorry I'm super slow when it comes to these things.

I wonder why they agreed against the surgery? I wish they would let her have the surgery. Does anyone have any more information on this? We all love Louise no matter what, but someways we are just fans. The world could be cruel, you never know. I think they should help prepare her the best they can by letting her have the surgery.

Ok I am delighted to see pics of the children without the wheres wally factor but I admire the Parents for attempting to shield them. With regards to Lady Louises eyes I am sure her parents had the best medical opinions money could buy and have tried their best to make judgements in the best interest of their child. Great to see the children though thanks to the Wessex for that.

Ok I am delighted to see pics of the children without the wheres wally factor but I admire the Parents for attempting to shield them. With regards to Lady Louises eyes I am sure her parents had the best medical opinions money could buy and have tried their best to make judgements in the best interest of their child. Great to see the children though thanks to the Wessex for that.

They might only be delaying surgery. There is always a risk when you go under, maybe they wanted her to be older.

I wonder whether there'll be further outings as long as the response to this one is good? Hard to believe that it's 10 years for Sophie and Edward already!!

I wondered why suddenly we were getting this treat, to see the children, but it's the 10th wedding anniversary.

If I understand correctly, the sooner you have it done the better.

If I understand correctly, the sooner you have it done the better.
That would be my personal opinion but I do not have access to the specifics of the medical case/the medical experts. My information is (secondhand) that there are options to treat and I do believe that the Wessex parents would listen to the options and act in what they believed to be the best interest of their child:flowers:

I hate that the news media still refers to her as Sophie Rhys-Jones (same goes for Camilla P-B). How long do you have to be married before the media calls you the name you prefer to be called?

Great to see the children, finally! They are so adorable. I've always seen the resemblance to QEII that Louise has, but looking at these pictures, the first thing I thought of was that she looks like Prince Harry at that age! James somewhat does too. The Windsor genes are strong!

Pics 22.5.2009

Great to see the couple again, I wish we would see much more
of their engagements...As you can see in the latest pics, Sophie
is always doing such a great job. Thanks for yesterday's links, giov!

Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex visits Royal Air Force (RAF)
Waddington on May 22, 2009 in Lincoln, England. The visit is his
first in his capacity as the new Honorary Air Commodore to RAF
Waddington and will provide him with an understanding of the
role of RAF Waddington and an opportunity to meet selected
personnel.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Great to see the children, finally! They are so adorable. I've always seen the resemblance to QEII that Louise has, but looking at these pictures, the first thing I thought of was that she looks like Prince Harry at that age! James somewhat does too. The Windsor genes are strong!

Something that just occurred to me was that James looks like Sophie's brother David. When Edward and Sophie were married I bought a magazine commemorating their wedding (I don't know which magazine anymore or where it is!), but I remember there was a photo of Sophie and her brother as children.

I've created a new thread for the Earl and Countess's trip to Canada, which can be found here. Further posts about the trip should go in that thread. Makes it easier for the blog and hopefully more interesting for the forum.

Elspeth
Blog Overlady

Does anybody think Lady Louise will be at the Trooping of the Colors?

The older she gets the more the media will pay attention to her, and Prince Edward can't keep her hidden away forever.

Does anybody think Lady Louise will be at the Trooping of the Colors?

The older she gets the more the media will pay attention to her, and Prince Edward can't keep her hidden away forever.

I don't think the media will pay attention to her at all, particularly as she moves further away from the throne.

Since her birth she has already dropped one place in the line of succession just by having a baby brother born.

As William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie have girl/boy friends, marry and have more children she will reach adulthood quite some distance from the throne.

This is why I think Edward and Sophie have taken the approach they have - they know that the press won't be all that interested in her when she will be neice and cousin of the King rather than grandchild. By the time she is 18 she may very well be down to 16th or lower in the line of succession - that has Charles as king with each of William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie with two children and that isn't outside the realms of possibility in the next 13 years.

She will be as much interest to the press as the Gloucesters and Kents today.

Lady Louise appeared on the balcony at the Trooping of Colours 2009. She looked happy and healthy up there. I hope she starts to appear more in public now.

It is nice to see Lady Louise on occasion. She's an attractive little girl so it's a pleasure to see her at special times. (But I hope she's left to enjoy her childhood by the press.)

Hopefully this will put paid to all the speculation, (especially on here), that there is something wrong with Louise and that is why her parents have hidden her away!:whistling:

Well, I guess that growing Louise will look like more to her mother than to her aunt Anne...

Last edited by a moderator:
She does look alot like Princess Anne. She is beautiful child. :flowers:

Lady Louise appeared on the balcony at the Trooping of Colours 2009. She looked happy and healthy up there. I hope she starts to appear more in public now.

I was browsing the Trooping the Colour pictures on Getty Images and found this one of Harry talking to Louise. I think it's adorable and I haven't seen it posted anywhere else.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

It's nice to see Louise as part of the family--about time. I'm all for her having a "normal" childhood and not much press notice, but a few pictures each year are nice. It was fun to see the pictures of the Wessex family out at a horse show several weeks back, too. Does anyone know if Louise goes to school or if she is taught at home?

I believe that she goes to school.

Pics 19.6.2009

Sophie, Countess of Wessex and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex
pose for a photograph following a visit to Whitton School on June
19, 2009 in Whitton, England. Today is the tenth Anniversary of
The Countess and Earl's marriage.

Sophie looked fantastic in my eyes, and the couple pics with
the flowers are really nice :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **

zimbio gallery :

The Earl And Countess of Wessex Visit Whitton School

Last edited:
It´s very nice to see little Lady Louise present at the Trooping the Colours ceremony. She is a lovely child and why hide her away, as some very wisely said here,the press will not be all over her. It´s natural and normal that as a grandchild of the Queen she´d appear in the balcony.

I am so delighted to see Lady Louise at last !
I really hope her parents will continue bringing her and her brother in public events !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom