Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 3: February-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Countess_of_Wessex_coa.png

Coat of Arms of the Countess of Wessex

Welcome to the new thread dedicated to the Current Events of
the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Lady Louise and Viscount Severn

This thread starts on February 7, 2008
Previous thread, covering period from September 10, 2007 to February 07, 2008
can be found here.

Last edited:

Welcome to the new thread dedicated to the Current Events of
the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise.

This thread starts on February 7, 2008
Previous thread, covering period from September 10, 2007 to February 07, 2008

can be found here.

And ofcourse little James. ;)

I hope the Wessex family can finally have a break from the health issues that have affected them in the past five years.

Many children do suffer from this allergy, but luckily there are many ways around it. If it is indeed an allergy to cows milk, they are quite lucky that it was not one of the serious allergies or something far worse.

Yes they are lucky, there are so many alternative to cow's milk

hello :)
does anyone know if ardent still exists? or did edward totally give up?
any links? thank you.

and quite the same for sophie^^ i thought she would not work anymore, i just lately read that in 2005 she did, but when did she give up then? thank you a lot,

Last edited:
On the previous thread someone made a reference to bad blood between Charles and Edward. What rivalry or bad blood between the siblings is there--any pairing, Charles, Anne, Andrew or Edward? I just hadn't heard of anything like that in any of these postings.

I think there have been tensions between the two long before but I think it is in the past now, which is a good thing

Pics 21.2.2008

Prince Edward visits the Mirfield Marina charity project Mirfield,
West Yorkshire - 21.02.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Edward leaving Leeds Grand Theatre after watching a
performance of Hamlet Leeds, England - 21.02.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yes they are lucky, there are so many alternative to cow's milk
I didn't think infants this young could ingest cow's milk. I'm not a mom so please correct me but don't babies need either mother's milk or infant formula?

Thanks for the photos, Ice. I always thought Prince Edward was an attractive man (who always looks so impeccably dressed). That last pic, though, is quite . . . different - he sure has a big smile.

On the previous thread someone made a reference to bad blood between Charles and Edward. What rivalry or bad blood between the siblings is there--any pairing, Charles, Anne, Andrew or Edward? I just hadn't heard of anything like that in any of these postings.

There was the incident when Edward's film crew stayed in St Andrews longer than other film crews when Prince William first went to university, and it was put about that Edward was trading on his royal connections to get exclusive footage. Charles was said to be "incandescent" with rage at his brother. It was said either at the time or shortly afterwards that it was part of Mark Bolland's attempts to rehabilitate Charles in the press while he was so unpopular on account of the Diana/Camilla issue, and that Bolland wasn't above making Charles look good by making his siblings look bad by comparison. So it isn't clear whether there's genuine bad blood or whether it's been made up by either Mark Bolland or the press.

I didn't think infants this young could ingest cow's milk. I'm not a mom so please correct me but don't babies need either mother's milk or infant formula?

Perhaps I can answer your question. You're right, infants need either mother's milk or a recommended infant formula.
Most infant formulas are made with a cow's milk base. Some infants can find the cow milk protein hard to digest. Also, if a nursing mother drinks cow's milk or eats other dairy products it does affect the milk she produces. I had to eliminate dairy products from my diet when I was nursing because my children were having issues with the dairy. Now they are able to digest dairy without any problems.

I agree Claire but she did take a while last time though she had had quite a traumatic time during that delivery. She may come back after Easter I like Edward well enough also. And I would like to see some family photos.

I expect that it will take place in May, but with all the other royal events they might be having a schedualling problem. I mean Edward will diffinitely be attending Peter's wedding (if it is actually in May) and possibly Jochiam Wedding on 27th.

More news:
Welcome to Kent Online

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Edward!
I was thinking that they are possibly on holidat in Meribel. They usually are at this time of year.

thanks!

There was the incident when Edward's film crew stayed in St Andrews longer than other film crews when Prince William first went to university, and it was put about that Edward was trading on his royal connections to get exclusive footage. Charles was said to be "incandescent" with rage at his brother. It was said either at the time or shortly afterwards that it was part of Mark Bolland's attempts to rehabilitate Charles in the press while he was so unpopular on account of the Diana/Camilla issue, and that Bolland wasn't above making Charles look good by making his siblings look bad by comparison. So it isn't clear whether there's genuine bad blood or whether it's been made up by either Mark Bolland or the press.

Okay, I do remember that incident. I wouldn't have assumed that would still lead to "bad blood" between them now. I would have considered that a temporary blow up that all siblings are subject to from time to time. I hope that things are good between them now.:)

Ill bet there Best Friends now Mayb they had a Heart to Heart

Have they decided when and where the christening of Viscount Severn will take place. The British Royal Family usually have very private christenings, don't they? Not aired on television as we saw in Denmark and the Netherlands, for example.

No it has never been televised. There was a hope that William and Harry's would be, both parents were keen, but the Queen put her foot firmly down.
Personally I suspect that James would be christened in private like Xan or the other Kent children. We might hear about it later in Hello! or something.

I am severely disappointed in the Majesty article on Sophie in their January edition. Sorry to say that I just took a look at it in my news agent, things travel slow down here ladies and gents. From the web site the Sophie on article written by Ingrid Seward was the main article showing hoe the Golden Girl was going from strength to strength. But in truth the article was mostly photos that we have seen many times. It was the main article but Sophie was not given the cover that went to William. The article itself has absolutely nothing new in it- not an inch. There was a time when the editor of Majesty was invited to Highgrove for tea and new the inside and outs of her subject. There is none of this in this article. It was bland rehashed stuff that we all know.
The only interesting part of the article is that the Queen believes Sophie is the best thing that has ever happened to the Windsor and the Monarchy. Seward wonders why the Queen hasn't used Sophie to a better advantage then and then simply leaves the question open.
I like Sophie and I ,unashamingly, like Edward. It worries me that an article that is billed on the cover page as showing Sophie from going from strength to strength, actually shows her from going to aminosity to obsucrity.

I like Sophie and Edward as well. In the last couple of issues of Majesty that I received (last fall), Ms. Seward was mildly critical of Prince Charles. Perhaps she won't be invited to Highgrove as often. ;-) It seemed to me that, ever since the separation of the Waleses in 1992, Majesty was firmly in the Prince's court. Diana would be put on the cover, but any articles about her were largely critical--except for the issue after her death. I also felt that some of the early articles by Ms. Seward about Sophie were slightly catty in a way that was totally unncessary. I remember one in particular that suggested that Sophie didn't want her mother involved in her wedding preparations and disparaged Sophie's choice of maker for her wedding dress. Ms. Seward has a rare gift for seeming to make a compliment about someone while slowly inserting a knife and twisting it. As you might be able to tell, she's not my favourite writer.

I was wondering about Lady Louise's education since she will turn 5 this year. Does anybody know if she has attended preschool? In England would she normally start kindergarten this Fall as we do here in the States? Maybe they're educating her at home with private tutors. If not, perhaps a local school. I was also thinking that if she had been going to a local preschool there might have been associated pictures which I've never seen. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom