Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 3: February-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the Monarchy at Work or something like that. It is available at Youtube. I think you simply misunderstood it - he is given direction about the plan of action for the band to play and such. Going through the routine of how things will be with the organisers so that he knows it as well. The event was the given of the royal charter to the Duke of Edinburgh Awards.

It was the Monarchy at Work or something like that. It is available at Youtube. I think you simply misunderstood it - he is given direction about the plan of action for the band to play and such.
Whether he was giving direction or not, he came across as arrogant and annoyed that the plebs didn't seem to understand what he wanted, IMO.

the monarchy at work is still available at youtube, i think!
there were some interviews where he didn t seem to be too professional, i think. at least it went on my nerves that he spoke so fast and moved his hands steadily! but you could look youself, it is the last episode, i think, when he was interviewed (at least it was in the german version)

Yeah i've seen it, i'm with you Claire i didn't think he came across arrogant or rude. The people seem to be quite relaxed with him from what I saw of the show. IMO:flowers:

Yeah i've seen it, i'm with you Claire i didn't think he came across arrogant or rude. The people seem to be quite relaxed with him from what I saw of the show. IMO:flowers:
As I said, in my opinion, did you manage to catch the show after all?

Last edited:
Yes it was on tv over here a few months ago, and i've got it on dvd.:flowers::lol:

Yes it was on tv over here a few months ago, and i've got it on dvd.:flowers::lol:
Isn't it amazing, when you think about it, that most people are able to identify the section I was talking about, perhaps my discriptive powers are improving! :ROFLMAO: :whistling:

... perhaps my discriptive powers are improving! :ROFLMAO: :whistling:
About time too! :D
I think its a combination of your new-found powers and the documentary being fresh in members' minds.

I'm sure he has been rude on occasion. I'm sure he has been gracious and charming, too. He's Human! He's like everyone else on the planet and has good moods, bad moods, indiffernt moods. Being a public figure, he might not always be able to control his response. Or perhaps sometimes he is misinterpreted. This happens to humans. It doesn't mean he's horrible or wonderful all the time.

Thank you for the links, Claire. It's ironic that it took a post from someone in South Africa to fill me in on what Prince Edward's been up to in my own country. Of course, I'm far, far from Manitoba.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that Edward appears to have some say in his engagements and that he also did Sophie's engagements.
Speaking of Sophie. I wonder what she feels about the retrial of Jill Dando's murder suspect. Jill Dando was a close friend (and bore an eerie resembalance) to Sophie. Sophie was really upset after her death in 1999.

Thank you for the links, Claire.:flowers: The Mad Hattery site was definitely fun.:)

Pic 19.6.2008

Britain's Prince Edward speaks during the repatriating ceremony of the
collection of Sir Samuel Steele, a collection of military memorabilia, at
Canada House in central London on June 19, 2008.
------> Pic

What Sophie did yesterday...

Yesterday, The Countess of Wessex celebrated her 9th Wedding Anniversary. Her father Christopher Rhys- Jones celbrated his birthday as well. But the Rhys-Jones gathered to commerate another family milestone yesterday, that was greatly deserved and long overdue.
North Essex Royal Tribute To Vc Hero (from Gazette)

"Sophie, the wife of the Queen's third son, Prince Edward, was in Dunmow with her family to mark the bravery of her great uncle, the Rev Noel Mellish who was awarded the Victoria Cross in the First World War.
The army chaplain, who went out into enemy fire 17 times to rescue 22 men, became vicar at St Mary's Church in Dunmow in 1928, and stayed for 20 years."

What a brave man! Sophie looks lovely in the picture, too.:)

In a Hello Magazine, it hinted that Louise attends play school in Bagshot. That is all we know - if you believe Hello! of course.
The official word is of course, Lady Louise is a minor and a private citizen. Buckingham Palace doesn't comment on matter concerning her. Unofficially there is a media blackout about both of the Wessex children - it will be down to Sophie and Edward to tell us what school their children attend.

At the ripe old age of 4 1/2 she will be attending infants school, at least for half of the day. By the time of her 5th birthday, she will be in full time education.

My daughter Bettina had a severe allergy to baby formula made of cow´s milk and then got well when the docotor changed it to a formula made out of soya. She is now a grown up and is very healthy.

When is Sophie back doing royal engagements?
Buckingham Palace in't saying anything. She has been out for over eight months now - ratherly take a wedding, horse race. I don't know the press appear to have taken the stance that the Queen has approved her maternity leave, to be with her young children.
Some have remarked that she is doing a Kate Kent, but you know the tabloids.
The Wessex's are currently on holidays, possibly on the continent. Maybe they are with the Dutch royal family, like they were last year ?
We just have to wait until the engagement page announces something. I think the press are getting tired of asking after Edward and Sophie - damn it those two are so tight lipped.:bang:

Oh my, maternity leave here is 4 months !!

I have just come off maternity leave and it's currently 9 months in the U.K. but is getting increased to 12 months in April 2010. I think I'll wait and have my next baby then, ha ha!

I have just come off maternity leave and it's currently 9 months in the U.K. but is getting increased to 12 months in April 2010. I think I'll wait and have my next baby then, ha ha!
You can have one now, the official amount of maternity leave changed and has been 52 weeks for some time.
Maternity leave : Directgov - Employment
Statutory maternity leave is for 52 weeks. You may be entitled to receive Statutory Maternity Pay for up to 39 weeks of the leave
:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom