Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 3: February-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
James Mountbatten-Windsor Viscount Severn will be christened at Windsor Chapel on Saturday April 19th 2008.

Royal Court Circular

Last edited:
Thanks, but we have a Christening thread: here.

Edward and Sophie has been pencilled in for a visit to Australia in November 2009. For the 25th Anniversary of the International Awards.

Has the Countess of Wessex gone back to doing her royal duties or is she still on maternity leave?

Still on Maternity leave.

Edward and Sophie has been pencilled in for a visit to Australia in November 2009. For the 25th Anniversary of the International Awards.
I hope too see them! I do like them both, they seem very happy.

Still on Maternity leave.
Until now, it seems to be she will be at the Garter service alongside with Edward, as stated on the British Monarchy site diary. She might be present at the Chelsea Flower Show as well, but for other engagements, i have no idea at this stage yet.

Details of Edward's trip to America has been released.

Sophie is not going to attend Chelsea :(

The Earl of Wessex attends the second day of the Balmoral Show in Belfast, 2008-05-15.
MediumPhoto

I don't know about you guys but I'm shock that Edward and Sophie were not at the wedding of Peter Philips. please tell me they were and just aren't in the pics.

I don't know about you guys but I'm shock that Edward and Sophie were not at the wedding of Peter Philips. please tell me they were and just aren't in the pics.
Edward and Sophie appear to have attended along with Louise, whom the Daily Telegraph is refering to as Princess Louise. Hats off to them. They didn't go to the steps instead immediately taking Louise to Windsor Castle, so that they could go to Frogmore.
Poor Louise she must have been tired or asleep.:lol:

or they didnt want her picture taken for privacy reasons it is edward and sophie we're talking about

can someone tell me, please, what frogmore is - and why they are interested to go there? never heard of it!

The telegraph have her down as Lady Louise in one article though.

can someone tell me, please, what frogmore is - and why they are interested to go there? never heard of it!
it's where the reception of Peter and Autumn's wedding was held.( I said "was" cause I'm presuming it's over by now)

thanks for that picture
grey again for sophie its a colour that really drains her

Thanks alot, sweetpeaheidi.Finally a pic of Sophie and Louise came up. So actually they must have arrived and departed by car, but i think maybe the press was too focused on the newlywed to pay attention to Sophie and Louise. Louise seems to wear some kind of red i think, her hair looked cute, really want if can see her in full, and Sophie really want to see what did she wear as well, appears to be that she has her cut shorter again.

i wish we would have seen her face..im really beginning to wonder what she looks like
they both looked pretty though from what i can see

I'm afriad that pics of Louise was exactly what Edward didn't want anyone seeing this weekend.
It appears it was Edward and Sophie who freaked on Saturday morning after been informed about the Hello pics and the agreement to include pics of his family. That is why the family didn't appear on the steps Edward was livid that he had been kept in the dark about the arrangement with Hello! of Peter and Autumn's wedding, especially as they had involved him.
Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: UK News :: Sophie snubs the royal wedding snaps
Apparently Edward and Sophie didn't want to appear with Louise, especially after the self-imposed media blackout they have placed on their children.

We shouldn't forget that maybe by not showing off their children to the press Edward and Sophie might want to avoid the dangers of kidnapping and/or abduction. One of the Queen's smallest grandchildren would surely make a great bait, and threats to the royal family are an issue, especially with the UK still in Afghanistan and Iraq and those (sometimes) frantic british men of Fathers Rights/GB around.

Senior members of the royal family are naturally stuffed with security but if E&S want their children to have a life as normal as possible, three to five bodyguards around in school or kindergarden is probably not the easiest way to provide that normality.

I'm afriad that pics of Louise was exactly what Edward didn't want anyone seeing this weekend.
It appears it was Edward and Sophie who freaked on Saturday morning after been informed about the Hello pics and the agreement to include pics of his family. That is why the family didn't appear on the steps Edward was livid that he had been kept in the dark about the arrangement with Hello! of Peter and Autumn's wedding, especially as they had involved him.
Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: UK News :: Sophie snubs the royal wedding snaps
Apparently Edward and Sophie didn't want to appear with Louise, especially after the self-imposed media blackout they have placed on their children.
I hope this isn't the case as it smacks badly of immaturity and paranoia. The Wessex children are never photographed and the press seems to be leaving the family alone, which is fine. However, I don't think it's too much to ask that Edward and his family remain on the steps of the church for a family picture at his nephew's wedding. Come on! Like the press is gonna start charging the Wessex kids after seeing them w the rest of the family. I'm sorry but that behaviour (if it's true) is just a bit too bizarre. These are the grandchildren of the Monarch. No one is hounding them or expecting E & S to parade them about like dolls, but a photo now and again (like at big family events like weddings) is really not asking too much, IMO. Sorry, but something is strange there. Just a vibe.

I agree! Thank you Bella. Sophie makes everyone think that her childern are above the rest. Look at all the other royal children that we see at events and so. Sophie and Edward wants to bring up their little ones as normal as possible, thats fine but come on. Living in a huge house, body guards, security ect. We have other royalty around the world and they include all their children in all sorts of events. Its time Sophie and Edward come down to earth abit. I hope I haven't offended anyone! but thats how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom