Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 1: March-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie looked great at Ascot. I wonder if she is going tomorrow as well.

I would agree with you, but it could be the coat and an uncomplementary photo angle. Look at the new pic of Sophie arriving. Nothing there. The belt might simply be emphasising.

Nice to see Chirstopher, David and Zara Rhys-Jones there. Now that is family support.

Last edited:
Hey Sophe, hon, that satellite dish look thing on your head is getting a little old. Mix in a normal, symmetrical, colorful hat -- just to keep the look fresh, hmm? Thanks much.;)

I am not sure either about those flat hats she looks stunning in a hat with a wider brim but these are just a bit of fun .....I guess. The gray suit is nice but I am sorry she isn't in something brighter. Never mind at least she's there.

originally posted by claire
Nice to see Chirstopher, David and Zara Rhys-Jones there. Now that is family support.
sorry my mistake, but where are they? i looked through the photos i thought but i am too stupid =)
thank you

Pics

Hi Sydney

I put the pics in a photos bucket so that their order wouldn't be jumbled out later.

ceg_2002/sophie - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First pic: Prince Edward and Christopher Rhys-Jones. It was his 86th Birthday on the 19 June (the day before)

Forth Pic: From right - Daivid Rhys-Jones (next to his wife), Zara Rhys-Jones than Sophie and Sophie's cousin daughter of Theo Rhys-Jones. (I'm certain of te other two but this might not be right - please correct me if I'm wrong, but they really look like Rhy-Jones)

Seventh and Eighth: Sophie with Lord Ivar Mountbatten.

I just laugh when I see the hats Sophie is wearing... and wonder how in the world she keeps them on her head..... :)

Any reason why she didn't ride in a carraige at Ascot this year?

Hair pins :)

No reason was given as to why Sophie and Anne and the Kents and Princess Alexander didn't ride in the procession. Might simply have been their time of arrival.

Is it my imagination, or did she recycle the satellite dish hat for Ascot? (If not, it bears an unfortunate resemblance IMO.)

Originally Posted by Claire
I put the pics in a photos bucket so that their order wouldn't be jumbled out later.

ceg_2002/sophie - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First pic: Prince Edward and Christopher Rhys-Jones. It was his 86th Birthday on the 19 June (the day before)

Forth Pic: From right - Daivid Rhys-Jones (next to his wife), Zara Rhys-Jones than Sophie and Sophie's cousin daughter of Theo Rhys-Jones. (I'm certain of te other two but this might not be right - please correct me if I'm wrong, but they really look like Rhy-Jones)
hey! thats really lovely of you and thank you for the explanations. :flowers:
i am just really surprised by the looking of david and zara, well i ve looked for older photos from the windsor horse show, and mh i think they changed a lot and i can't really believe it, but i am not as well informed... =)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/lisa-xy/52825219.jpg
this is zara, we re told

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/lisa-xy/52823199.jpg
and this the rhys jones couple

but of course the pics aren t so very good to compare, as a cause of quality

I'm sorry if this was already said but there are so many names thrown about. Are the two boys Sophie's nephews then?

when was the last time we saw their louise

I think the last was their ski vacation in March or April, right? I think it is strange that they don't bring her out and about much, not even to events where other children in both families are like the Windsor horse show. Edward's nieces and nephews all used to go to the Windsor horse show as children. Why don't they bring Louise? It's not like I'm suggesting they put her on display just for us, but why don't they bring anywhere, ever? It's strange.

Sophie was the only Royal lady not to ride in a carraige at Ascot this year. Camilla and Princess Michael rode together, Princess Anne and the Duchess of Gloucester rode together two days later and Princess Alexandra was in the carraige behind them. (The Duchess of Kent wasn't there but she hasn't attended for years) That's why I find it odd.

My understanding is that Edward and Sophie attended Ascot with Sophie's father and other members of her family. Assuming they arrived and remained together as a group, a separate "carriage arrival" on the Ascot course would have been out of the question.

Here's an article and a pic from an engagement Edward had yesterday, June 26 2007:

"Prince Edward praises Redbridge volunteers
By Sam Adams
TWO REDBRIDGE charities were graced with a Royal visit yesterday when Prince Edward stopped
off in the borough. The Prince dropped in first at Jewish charity, Drugsline, in Gants Hill, where he
officially opened a brand new extension to the organisation's telephone help centre..."
---> Click here for the whole article
And here for a big picture! :)

What are her nephews names?

The elder one is called Oliver, and the younger Harry.

I can remember Oliver was born and christened the same year the Earl and Countess married, so he should be eight now. There was criticism at the time because Sophie's brother accepted an offer from Hello magazine to take photographs of the christening for the magazine and apparently received a huge fee in return.

The elder one is called Oliver, and the younger Harry.

I can remember Oliver was born and christened the same year the Earl and Countess married, so he should be eight now. There was criticism at the time because Sophie's brother accepted an offer from Hello magazine to take photographs of the christening for the magazine and apparently received a huge fee in return.

Two nephews called Harry :)

I'm told that Sophie's uncle - Theo died recently. That is probably the reason behind her missing engagements. I think he wasdied on the day of the Chelsea Flower Show.

Just announced Earl and Countess expecting baby in December---Congratulations!

Check out post #125 I said she looked a little thick around the waist.....
NOW we know for sure she is expecting a little one........

I have a strange feeling things aren't right between Edward and Sophie...we never see photos of them together anymore, and she never accompanies him on his trips abroad etc. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a strange feeling.

Sorry Sophie...I hold my hands up, I was wrong! I'm happy to say I was wrong too - this is such fantastic news!:)

Pics 2.7.2007

Two pics of the pregnant Sophie today, I was surprised that she had an engagement today, but the caption says so :)

The Countess of Wessex, Sophie Rhys-Jones, visiting the Royal Show at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, UK, 02 July 2007. Buckingham Palace have announced today that Prince Edward and his wife, the Countess, are expecting their second child in December. EPA

Pic 1
Pic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom