Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 1: March-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
magnik said:
Where's Sophie?

The Countess of Wessex had 2 engagements in Durham today.
Unfortunately there are no pictures available at this moment. :)

Thanks for the very nice pics of Edward at the Suffolk Show, Avalon :) ,
as to Sophie, me too I could not find any pics of her recent events,
but an article about her visit to St Cuthbert's Hospice in Merryoaks, Durham
on Wednesday --> click here for the article

The British Moderators have decided to discontinue the Lady Louise current events thread as Lady Louise has no "current events" independent of her parents.

This thread has been renamed 'Earl and Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise current events'.

Avalon, Elspeth, Warren and ysbel
British Forum moderators

Buckingham Palace has announced Edward's agenda for his trip to the Falklands. It is quiet an extensive trip marking the Falkland War and many of his own patronages. Unfortunately Sophie will not be going with him and he will also miss Ascot and Trooping. On a personal note his will also miss father's Day but will arrive back in the country on his wedding anniversary.

Sophie pulled out of her visit to the Royal Cornwall Show yesterday, again at the last minute. Prince Edward attended alone. Their private secretary said that Sophie was 'ill, poorly' .

Claire said:
Buckingham Palace has announced Edward's agenda for his trip to the Falklands. It is quiet an extensive trip marking the Falkland War and many of his own patronages. Unfortunately Sophie will not be going with him and he will also miss Ascot and Trooping. On a personal note his will also miss father's Day but will arrive back in the country on his wedding anniversary.
So this year, the Countess could ride in the first carriage again uncless the York girls there. Last year she was in the second carriage with Princess Alexandra of Kent. So Edward will not only miss Trooping the Colour, he will miss another two big events: The Order of the Garter (So sadly he was just installed last year and missed this year so we will not be able to see Sophie turns up) and Ascot!

Claire said:
Sophie pulled out of her visit to the Royal Cornwall Show yesterday, again at the last minute. Prince Edward attended alone. Their private secretary said that Sophie was 'ill, poorly' .

I hope that Sophie gets well very soon. I hope that it is not something very bad.

I hope she is okay, she has always been a favourite of mine.
Also, it does seem rather sad that we don't get to see them
as a couple, often on engagements.

I really like Sophie also. It is sad that we do not see they very often. She seems to be the Queen favorite also.

Perhaps she is pregnant again,although I believe she is now in her early forties, which would make it difficult to become pregnant without fertility intervention. I hope she feels better soon either way.:flowers:

Prince Edward is welcomed by schoolchildren upon his arrival at Port Stanley, capital of the Falklands Islands, June 12, 2007.

Prince Edward arrived to attend the commemorations of the 25th anniversary of the surrender of the Argentine troops to the British in the 1982 Falklands War (Guerra de Las Malvinas). On June 14, Falklands residents as well as veterans and invited VIPs will remember the day of liberation from the occupying Argentine forces. The 73-day conflict cost the lives of about 900 people from both sides.

Pictures: Prince Edward 1 ; Prince Edward 2 ; Prince Edward 3

Pic 13.6.2007

Thanks for posting the pics, Avalon :flowers:

Here's a small one from today : Britain's Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex pays respects at a Welsh Guards Memorial at Fitzroy in the Falkland Islands Wednesday June 13 2007, where the British ships Sir Tristram and Sir Galahad were hit by Argentine forces on 8th June 1982 and 56 service personnel were killed. Prince Edward joined survivors of the blackest day for British forces in modern times to pay tribute to their fallen comrades. (AP Photo/PA, Lewis Whyld) ---> Pic

There's lots of news about Cornish independance today. A chap was just interviewed on the radio from the "Wessex Independance Front". He was going on about how they'd approached TRH on independance for Wessex and they wanted an independant Country with them in charge. Will it happen? I don't know but very interesting.

Sophie

hope the countess will get well soon so we can get some nice pictures of her again.:angel:

BeatrixFan said:
There's lots of news about Cornish independance today. A chap was just interviewed on the radio from the "Wessex Independance Front". He was going on about how they'd approached TRH on independance for Wessex and they wanted an independant Country with them in charge. Will it happen? I don't know but very interesting.

The Wessex Party has been petitioning Edward since 1999 for him to sign on to the devolution of Wessex and he hasn't attended a single one of their events. Sad actually as most of their work is bringing awareness to the social, historical and economical value of the region. But Edward will not touch anything remotely political. The group is currently trying to get the Severen bridges renamed after him and Prince Charles.

The Wessex Party sounds like my sort of people. How jolly.

More pics of Sophie

Here are some pics of Sophie's engagments yesterday opening an organic spelt mill?

Newscom.com | Login

If the link doesn't work do a search at Newscom. They are nice pics if small.

There haven't been pictures shown the whole family on the balcony at this year's Trooping the Colour yet, but it appeared to me so far, in the carriages Sophie was not there. :ohmy:It's very bad we don't know what is happening to the Countess, her husband is in Falkland Islands and she has been away on so many family events. I hope she would turn out for Ascot next week.:ermm:

I also am concerned, but I think that we are going to be probably told this week. Surely the press are asking the same questions?

don't think the press are asking the same questions. they are just not interested in the wessex family. not news worthy i am afraid

don't think the press are asking the same questions. they are just not interested in the wessex family. not news worthy i am afraid

If Sophie's absence at major family events continues, perhaps the press will make up a news-worthy story.

I have a strange feeling something isn't right. I hope I'm wrong but I just have this funny feeling. If Sophie isn't at Ascot this week I think the press will start making up stories.

Talking of Ascot, I'm going to Ascot myself this Thursday - can't wait!!

There isn't any point speculating about what, if anything, is wrong with her. We'll have to wait for information from the Earl and Countess's office.

I would like to congradulate the Earl and Countess of Wessex on their anniversary tomorrow. Happy 8th Anniversary. Best wishes for the years to come.

I would like to congradulate the Earl and Countess of Wessex on their anniversary tomorrow. Happy 8th Anniversary. Best wishes for the years to come.

Me too! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!:flowers:

I can't believe it's eight years...the time has just flown by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom