The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1041  
Old 11-28-2018, 04:30 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 304
The Guardian takes a satirical look at the past month.

What’s going on with the royal family these days?
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...wallis-simpson

Quote:
Newspapers can’t just run articles saying, “Well, Charles seems fine, William seems happy, Harry seems happy. That’s all, folks!” You don’t sell any papers that way.
__________________

  #1042  
Old 11-28-2018, 05:10 PM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
The Guardian takes a satirical look at the past month.

What’s going on with the royal family these days?
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...wallis-simpson
It is satirical, and it points out the hypocrisy and lack of consistency in the coverage of Meghan; on the other hand, its overall tone towards the entire royal family is very negative. It refers to Charles as a man who never worked a day in his life, Harry and William were raised by servants and are spoiled Sloanies, and so on. I'm not sure a defense like that really serves Meghan overall.
__________________

  #1043  
Old 11-28-2018, 05:39 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
It is satirical, and it points out the hypocrisy and lack of consistency in the coverage of Meghan; on the other hand, its overall tone towards the entire royal family is very negative. It refers to Charles as a man who never worked a day in his life, Harry and William were raised by servants and are spoiled Sloanies, and so on. I'm not sure a defense like that really serves Meghan overall.
Oh it doesn't, but it does discuss the tabloid spiel effectively, imo. CNN and co are running less tongue in cheek stories.
Even the Mirror got into it. But I have to admit, I found it surprising how critical and blunt that piece was about some other people in the family, bit unnecessary imo - so I didn't post for a reason.
  #1044  
Old 11-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Those pictures of the Duchess of Sussex in Malta are so refreshing to see. She looks happy, relaxed and completely enamoured.
  #1045  
Old 11-28-2018, 06:42 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 282
On a brighter note Priyanka Chopra and Nick jonas are getting married this weekend in Jodhpur in India. I would have thought Meghan would have attended the events
  #1046  
Old 11-28-2018, 07:16 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,403
She very well may be attending. As its a private event, it would most likely be under the radar. I'd like to think that she could do something like this without it becoming headlines news.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1047  
Old 11-28-2018, 07:19 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,104
Not sure ...they are marrying in India? She's 5 or 6 months pregnant..might not want to make that flight.


LaRae
  #1048  
Old 11-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,110
She may be only 4-5 months we don't know. The trip is no longer then the recent tour. But she us also a few weeks further along.

It might be nice for her to go but I am sure Priyanka will understand if it's too much right now.

Sure she could easily fly under the radar for the trip if she did.
  #1049  
Old 11-28-2018, 07:51 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,104
Yeah she's minimum of 5 months (my guess is 5) along and possibly 6 ....flying is still safe at this point assuming no other issues.


LaRae
  #1050  
Old 11-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yeah she's minimum of 5 months (my guess is 5) along and possibly 6 ....flying is still safe at this point assuming no other issues.


LaRae
All we know is she was twelve weeks minimum when Eugenie married.

And while yes it's still safe, it may be a lot for her to fly there for a day or two.

If she does good on her. I dread the headlines if the rags learn. They will likely spin some sorted angle that she ditched Africa to go to a celebrity wedding. Even when Africa was meant to be solo.
  #1051  
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She may be only 4-5 months we don't know. The trip is no longer then the recent tour. But she us also a few weeks further along.

It might be nice for her to go but I am sure Priyanka will understand if it's too much right now.

Sure she could easily fly under the radar for the trip if she did.
She kind of didn’t have a choice with that flight. It’s a long flight to India. I can understand if a woman that is in late 2nd trimester/early 3rd might not want to make the trip. They can still congratulate the newlyweds next time they get together.
  #1052  
Old 11-29-2018, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,537
The tabloids must really be laughing! Look at how they can make people have a discussion for days on end!

And round and round it goes until the next rumour and it all starts again!

This is why the tabloids make so much money and will continue to do what they do!
  #1053  
Old 11-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
The tabloids must really be laughing! Look at how they can make people have a discussion for days on end!

And round and round it goes until the next rumour and it all starts again!

This is why the tabloids make so much money and will continue to do what they do!
Exactly. All this was done to stir up some gossip and debates on social media. Job accomplished!

This has been a very successful and joyous year for the royal family. A baby and another (smaller) royal wedding is due to come.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1054  
Old 11-29-2018, 01:47 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
The tabloids must really be laughing! Look at how they can make people have a discussion for days on end!

And round and round it goes until the next rumour and it all starts again!

This is why the tabloids make so much money and will continue to do what they do!
Exactly. Tabloids thrive on clicks and by posting and endlessly discussing the articles, people are contributing to that bottom line. Which means the tabloids will produce more articles for people to complain about and on and on it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
The texting at 5am is an example of how people warped the original story which only said she got up at 5am, also she sends 6-7 emails per day. Originally they are two separate pieces of "evidence" not related. Also originally they said EMAILS not text but I guess to make Meghan look EVIL they conflated the 5am wake up with texting at 5am which is not true.


Are we REALLY condemning a woman for waking at 5am?? I mean REALLY?????
Just looked at the DM article and it says she sends 6-7 texts a day...nothing about emails, so people didn’t change that part of the story. I do agree that people looked at 5 am + texts and incorrectly put the two together. Unfortunately though, this isn’t unique to Meghan. People will take a story and read into it what they want depending on how they feel about a particular royal. I think most people aren’t taking this story seriously and don’t really care what time Meghan gets up in the morning.
__________________
  #1055  
Old 11-29-2018, 05:37 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Exactly. All this was done to stir up some gossip and debates on social media. Job accomplished!

This has been a very successful and joyous year for the royal family. A baby and another (smaller) royal wedding is due to come.



It was'nt just for social media but so they could actually create a narrative of the Duchess and use it to down play her current achievements. Also within a vacuum it gives them the freedom to create future narrative.


Michelle Obama talked about the need to be perfect all the time because tiny mistakes where considered impeachable offenses. Like Michelle, Meghan cannot make any human mistakes because the media turns her humanity into controversy. So Meghan comes into this situation already under pressure to prove her WORTH because the tabloids have deemed her LESS than the perfect english rose.
  #1056  
Old 11-29-2018, 06:32 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
It was'nt just for social media but so they could actually create a narrative of the Duchess and use it to down play her current achievements. Also within a vacuum it gives them the freedom to create future narrative.


Michelle Obama talked about the need to be perfect all the time because tiny mistakes where considered impeachable offenses. Like Michelle, Meghan cannot make any human mistakes because the media turns her humanity into controversy. So Meghan comes into this situation already under pressure to prove her WORTH because the tabloids have deemed her LESS than the perfect english rose.
Perhaps her flawless performance during her 1st major Royal Tour plucked some people’s nerves. As I said before, Meghan outdid herself on that tour.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1057  
Old 11-29-2018, 07:19 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
It was'nt just for social media but so they could actually create a narrative of the Duchess and use it to down play her current achievements. Also within a vacuum it gives them the freedom to create future narrative.


Michelle Obama talked about the need to be perfect all the time because tiny mistakes where considered impeachable offenses. Like Michelle, Meghan cannot make any human mistakes because the media turns her humanity into controversy. So Meghan comes into this situation already under pressure to prove her WORTH because the tabloids have deemed her LESS than the perfect english rose.
I don't think being an English rose makes a difference. They would have found fault with *anyone* that married into the family. Its what they do. Conflict sells unfortunately.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1058  
Old 11-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Fem's Avatar
Fem Fem is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK, Poland
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Perhaps her flawless performance during her 1st major Royal Tour plucked some people’s nerves. As I said before, Meghan outdid herself on that tour.
Uhm, flawless..? I don't think we were observing the same tour Yeah, it went well, considering everything, but flawless? For sure not.
  #1059  
Old 11-29-2018, 09:07 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Uhm, flawless..? I don't think we were observing the same tour Yeah, it went well, considering everything, but flawless? For sure not.
Yeah, the entire tour was very successful and Meghan didn’t put a foot wrong. She did her job while pregnant and that may have ruffled a few feathers. There’s no reason for this backlash other than folks wanting to start some mess between the camps. It ain’t gonna happen.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1060  
Old 11-29-2018, 09:32 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Uhm, flawless..? I don't think we were observing the same tour Yeah, it went well, considering everything, but flawless? For sure not.
I am sure Meghan agrees with you (if she is indeed the perfectionist that she is painted to be); I cannot imagine her thinking that not even one small mistake was made
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 2: December 2018 - February 2019 soapstar Current Events Archive 675 02-20-2019 05:26 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi althorp american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry british british royals chittagong countess of snowdon daisy diana princess of wales duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals family life family tree future games gustaf vi adolf haakon vii hereditary grand duke guillaume hill history house of glucksburg imperial household interesting israel jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mailing maxima nepal nepalese royal family norwegian royal family prince charles prince charles of luxembourg princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen louise queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal wedding snowdon spain speech spencer family taiwan thailand thai royal family tracts unsubscribe videos wedding gown wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×