The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 04:30 PM
Nobility

The Guardian takes a satirical look at the past month.

What’s going on with the royal family these days?
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...wallis-simpson

Quote:
Newspapers can’t just run articles saying, “Well, Charles seems fine, William seems happy, Harry seems happy. That’s all, folks!” You don’t sell any papers that way.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
The Guardian takes a satirical look at the past month.

What’s going on with the royal family these days?
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...wallis-simpson
It is satirical, and it points out the hypocrisy and lack of consistency in the coverage of Meghan; on the other hand, its overall tone towards the entire royal family is very negative. It refers to Charles as a man who never worked a day in his life, Harry and William were raised by servants and are spoiled Sloanies, and so on. I'm not sure a defense like that really serves Meghan overall.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
It is satirical, and it points out the hypocrisy and lack of consistency in the coverage of Meghan; on the other hand, its overall tone towards the entire royal family is very negative. It refers to Charles as a man who never worked a day in his life, Harry and William were raised by servants and are spoiled Sloanies, and so on. I'm not sure a defense like that really serves Meghan overall.
Oh it doesn't, but it does discuss the tabloid spiel effectively, imo. CNN and co are running less tongue in cheek stories.
Even the Mirror got into it. But I have to admit, I found it surprising how critical and blunt that piece was about some other people in the family, bit unnecessary imo - so I didn't post for a reason.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Courtier

Those pictures of the Duchess of Sussex in Malta are so refreshing to see. She looks happy, relaxed and completely enamoured.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:42 PM
Nobility

On a brighter note Priyanka Chopra and Nick jonas are getting married this weekend in Jodhpur in India. I would have thought Meghan would have attended the events
Old 11-28-2018, 07:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
She very well may be attending. As its a private event, it would most likely be under the radar. I'd like to think that she could do something like this without it becoming headlines news.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not sure ...they are marrying in India? She's 5 or 6 months pregnant..might not want to make that flight.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

She may be only 4-5 months we don't know. The trip is no longer then the recent tour. But she us also a few weeks further along.

It might be nice for her to go but I am sure Priyanka will understand if it's too much right now.

Sure she could easily fly under the radar for the trip if she did.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah she's minimum of 5 months (my guess is 5) along and possibly 6 ....flying is still safe at this point assuming no other issues.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yeah she's minimum of 5 months (my guess is 5) along and possibly 6 ....flying is still safe at this point assuming no other issues.

LaRae
All we know is she was twelve weeks minimum when Eugenie married.

And while yes it's still safe, it may be a lot for her to fly there for a day or two.

If she does good on her. I dread the headlines if the rags learn. They will likely spin some sorted angle that she ditched Africa to go to a celebrity wedding. Even when Africa was meant to be solo.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She may be only 4-5 months we don't know. The trip is no longer then the recent tour. But she us also a few weeks further along.

It might be nice for her to go but I am sure Priyanka will understand if it's too much right now.

Sure she could easily fly under the radar for the trip if she did.
She kind of didn’t have a choice with that flight. It’s a long flight to India. I can understand if a woman that is in late 2nd trimester/early 3rd might not want to make the trip. They can still congratulate the newlyweds next time they get together.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness

The tabloids must really be laughing! Look at how they can make people have a discussion for days on end!

And round and round it goes until the next rumour and it all starts again!

This is why the tabloids make so much money and will continue to do what they do!
Old 11-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
The tabloids must really be laughing! Look at how they can make people have a discussion for days on end!

This is why the tabloids make so much money and will continue to do what they do!
Exactly. All this was done to stir up some gossip and debates on social media. Job accomplished!

This has been a very successful and joyous year for the royal family. A baby and another (smaller) royal wedding is due to come.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-29-2018, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post

Exactly. Tabloids thrive on clicks and by posting and endlessly discussing the articles, people are contributing to that bottom line. Which means the tabloids will produce more articles for people to complain about and on and on it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
The texting at 5am is an example of how people warped the original story which only said she got up at 5am, also she sends 6-7 emails per day. Originally they are two separate pieces of "evidence" not related. Also originally they said EMAILS not text but I guess to make Meghan look EVIL they conflated the 5am wake up with texting at 5am which is not true.

Are we REALLY condemning a woman for waking at 5am?? I mean REALLY?????
Just looked at the DM article and it says she sends 6-7 texts a day...nothing about emails, so people didn’t change that part of the story. I do agree that people looked at 5 am + texts and incorrectly put the two together. Unfortunately though, this isn’t unique to Meghan. People will take a story and read into it what they want depending on how they feel about a particular royal. I think most people aren’t taking this story seriously and don’t really care what time Meghan gets up in the morning.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Exactly. All this was done to stir up some gossip and debates on social media. Job accomplished!

This has been a very successful and joyous year for the royal family. A baby and another (smaller) royal wedding is due to come.

It was'nt just for social media but so they could actually create a narrative of the Duchess and use it to down play her current achievements. Also within a vacuum it gives them the freedom to create future narrative.

Michelle Obama talked about the need to be perfect all the time because tiny mistakes where considered impeachable offenses. Like Michelle, Meghan cannot make any human mistakes because the media turns her humanity into controversy. So Meghan comes into this situation already under pressure to prove her WORTH because the tabloids have deemed her LESS than the perfect english rose.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
It was'nt just for social media but so they could actually create a narrative of the Duchess and use it to down play her current achievements. Also within a vacuum it gives them the freedom to create future narrative.

Michelle Obama talked about the need to be perfect all the time because tiny mistakes where considered impeachable offenses. Like Michelle, Meghan cannot make any human mistakes because the media turns her humanity into controversy. So Meghan comes into this situation already under pressure to prove her WORTH because the tabloids have deemed her LESS than the perfect english rose.
Perhaps her flawless performance during her 1st major Royal Tour plucked some people’s nerves. As I said before, Meghan outdid herself on that tour.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-29-2018, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

I don't think being an English rose makes a difference. They would have found fault with *anyone* that married into the family. Its what they do. Conflict sells unfortunately.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Perhaps her flawless performance during her 1st major Royal Tour plucked some people’s nerves. As I said before, Meghan outdid herself on that tour.
Uhm, flawless..? I don't think we were observing the same tour Yeah, it went well, considering everything, but flawless? For sure not.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Uhm, flawless..? I don't think we were observing the same tour Yeah, it went well, considering everything, but flawless? For sure not.
Yeah, the entire tour was very successful and Meghan didn’t put a foot wrong. She did her job while pregnant and that may have ruffled a few feathers. There’s no reason for this backlash other than folks wanting to start some mess between the camps. It ain’t gonna happen.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-29-2018, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I am sure Meghan agrees with you (if she is indeed the perfectionist that she is painted to be); I cannot imagine her thinking that not even one small mistake was made

Closed Thread