The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 05-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Lewisville, United States
Posts: 845
That Telegraph article is probably the best one I've read about Meghan.
__________________

  #82  
Old 05-23-2018, 12:57 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 1,129
I was watching "Megyn Kelly" and she was talking about Meghan's curtsey to the Queen that the cameramen did not get a good shot of during the wedding. She was debating about whether Meghan should have curtseyed to the Queen since she is American and Megyn said she would not curtsey to the Queen. It was a stupid discussion. Of course Meghan should curtsey to the Queen. She is a member of the British Royal Family now. I just had to get that off my chest.
__________________

  #83  
Old 05-23-2018, 01:58 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I was watching "Megyn Kelly" and she was talking about Meghan's curtsey to the Queen that the cameramen did not get a good shot of during the wedding. She was debating about whether Meghan should have curtseyed to the Queen since she is American and Megyn said she would not curtsey to the Queen. It was a stupid discussion. Of course Meghan should curtsey to the Queen. She is a member of the British Royal Family now. I just had to get that off my chest.
Yeah, its okay. I too get a bit frustrated by some of my fellow Americans ignorance on royal facts.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #84  
Old 05-23-2018, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
That Telegraph article was really good. Now I'm curious to read what the project she's been working on, is.
  #85  
Old 05-23-2018, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
The Birth Chart of the Duchess Of Sussex was mentioned on another thread..and that has lead me to consult a tome, i've long had in my Library, and which has proved remarkably accurate over many years..

I thought this may be of interest, but IF it offends, please 'don't shoot the messenger', these are NOT my words

'The secret Language of birthdays' [Gary Goldschneider & Joost Elffers]. A guide to personality, based on pyschology, history, numerology. tarot and astrology.

This [in part] is what it has to say of those born on August 4th...

'THE DAY OF THE GUIDING LIGHT'

Those born on August the 4th are often the guiding light to whatever social group, political movement, family or business to which they belong. Not always 'cut out' to be leaders they must nevertheless occupy a principal position, indeed they make their influence felt and philosophy known to all with whom they associate. Often they are useful to their group in a largely symbolic role, as they may perfectly represent its aspirations and embody its ideals in their external appearance or lifestyle.

Being able to go their own way is important to these restless and active people. Too often they are hot-headed and somewhat irascible when encountering resistance. Because of these traits as well as their tendency to be in revolt against established systems they can only remain central to a group for a limited time, [unless that group is also about activity and revolution itself].
Being strong willed and strong minded they do best in a position where they are free to speak and do as they wish. Being able to shine to radiate their ideas and ideals to those about them, is of the utmost importance.

Quick and clever, they are masterly at sizing up their environment, nothing in their surroundings is lost on them and they generally respond to it quickly, as they have decisive, if not impulsive mentality.
Their tendency to think themselves invulnerable, however, can lead them into delicate and dangerous situations.

If they can maintain a precious balance August 4th people have a determined strength that is formidable. However, if off centre they can cause great harm [usually to themselves] but also to the ideals they serve.It is crucial they remember to act in a responsible manner, since so many people may be depending on them.

Interesting , yes ?
  #86  
Old 05-23-2018, 03:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Lewisville, United States
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I was watching "Megyn Kelly" and she was talking about Meghan's curtsey to the Queen that the cameramen did not get a good shot of during the wedding. She was debating about whether Meghan should have curtseyed to the Queen since she is American and Megyn said she would not curtsey to the Queen. It was a stupid discussion. Of course Meghan should curtsey to the Queen. She is a member of the British Royal Family now. I just had to get that off my chest.
Yet, if a new immigrant to the US failed to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance or the National Anthem, what would Megyn Kelly's reaction be?
  #87  
Old 05-23-2018, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The Birth Chart of the Duchess Of Sussex was mentioned on another thread..and that has lead me to consult a tome, i've long had in my Library, and which has proved remarkably accurate over many years..

I thought this may be of interest, but IF it offends, please 'don't shoot the messenger', these are NOT my words

'The secret Language of birthdays [Gary Goldschneider & Joost Elffers]. A guide to personality, based on pyschology, history, numerology. tarot and astrology.

This [in part] is what it has to say of those born on August 4th...

'THE DAY OF THE GUIDING LIGHT'

Those born on August the 4th are often the guiding light to whatever social group, political movement, family or business to which they belong. Not always 'cut out' to be leaders they must nevertheless occupy a principal position, indeed they make their influence felt and philosophy known to all with whom they associate. Often they are useful to their group in a largely symbolic role, as they may perfectly represent its aspirations and embody its ideals in their external appearance or lifestyle.

Being able to go their own way is important to these restless and active people. Too often they are hot-headed and somewhat irascible when encountering resistance. Because of these traits as well as their tendency to be in revolt against established systems they can only remain central to a group for a limited time, [unless that group is also about activity and revolution itself].
Being strong willed and strong minded they do best in a position where they are free to speak and do as they wish. Being able to shine to radiate their ideas and ideals to those about them, is of the utmost importance.

Quick and clever, they are masterly at sizing up their environment, nothing in their surroundings is lost on them and they generally respond to it quickly, as they have decisive, if not impulsive mentality.
Their tendency to think themselves invulnerable, however, can lead them into delicate and dangerous situations.

If they can maintain a precious balance August 4th people have a determined strength that is formidable. However, if off centre they can cause great harm [usually to themselves] but also to the ideals they serve.It is crucial they remember to act in a responsible manner, since so many people may be depending on them.

Interesting , yes ?
This is a birth chart on this forum for the Duchess? Link please?

And you know, we don't know much about Meghan's role in the new family and how she'll navigate that yet. However, a lot of this does remind me of another woman in the BRF that was born on Aug. 4th. The strength and guiding light does describe the Queen Mother to a tee, doesn't it? One hopes that Meghan can be a pillar of strength and a source of wisdom for her own family once she and Harry have child(ren). Although, I do have to caution that just because it's Aug 4, there are still distinctive difference that can make great changes based on the year and the time of birth as well.

Can you tell me which book you use?
  #88  
Old 05-23-2018, 03:40 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I was watching "Megyn Kelly" and she was talking about Meghan's curtsey to the Queen that the cameramen did not get a good shot of during the wedding. She was debating about whether Meghan should have curtseyed to the Queen since she is American and Megyn said she would not curtsey to the Queen. It was a stupid discussion. Of course Meghan should curtsey to the Queen. She is a member of the British Royal Family now. I just had to get that off my chest.
Do you now understand why I avoid American news anchor discussions about the BRF like the proverbial plague? I remember when William was born, there was a highly regarded anchorwoman from a prestigious network who rolled her eyes and inquired why it was necessary to christen the child since he had already been named. I kid you not.

Just too embarrassing.

Curbside....excellent point about the expectation of immigrants to this country vs. what Meghan should do now that she is, for all intents and purposes, a British subject (if not in fact then in every other way that matters)
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #89  
Old 05-23-2018, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
Link please?
No this isn't the DoS' chart, and I have not seen one, on this forum or elsewhere. As I explained my post above it taken from a book that uses numerous sources including birth charts to assess likely personality traits, in the same manner as birth charts do..
  #90  
Old 05-23-2018, 04:05 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
This is a birth chart on this forum for the Duchess? Link please?
As wyevale did give the name of the book, I did a quick search and found it for cheap at abebooks.com if you're interested.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...days&kn=&isbn=
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #91  
Old 05-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Yet, if a new immigrant to the US failed to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance or the National Anthem, what would Megyn Kelly's reaction be?
TOTALLY agree. Wish someone would ask her that and let her actually really think about it from a different perspective.
  #92  
Old 05-23-2018, 04:17 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I was watching "Megyn Kelly" and she was talking about Meghan's curtsey to the Queen that the cameramen did not get a good shot of during the wedding. She was debating about whether Meghan should have curtseyed to the Queen since she is American and Megyn said she would not curtsey to the Queen. It was a stupid discussion. Of course Meghan should curtsey to the Queen. She is a member of the British Royal Family now. I just had to get that off my chest.



That is the same discussion as whether Meghan should sing "God Save the Queen" or not because she is American. As a member of the Royal Family, she has no choice really. I don't think she minds it though.


I also expect Meghan to give up her American citizenship eventually, although she has been known to do things "differently" in the past.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Yet, if a new immigrant to the US failed to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance or the National Anthem, what would Megyn Kelly's reaction be?

Well, a friend of mine who is now a Canadian citizen told me once that, during the naturalization ceremony, he/she (I don't want to identify his/her gender) just "pretended' to be swearing the oath of allegiance to the Queen along with the rest of the crowd, but didn't really say it. I think that actually happens a lot and must happen with the US pledge of allegiance too.
  #93  
Old 05-23-2018, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I also expect Meghan to give up her American citizenship eventually, although she has been known to do things "differently" in the past.
I think for practicality, she will. She'll always be American as part of her identity, but with the US tax law, it's a pain.
  #94  
Old 05-23-2018, 04:46 PM
tihkon2's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stafford, United States
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post

Those born on August the 4th are often the guiding light to whatever social group, political movement, family or business to which they belong.....
Interesting , yes ?
Eh. My step-mother is an August 4th baby and has almost none of the traits mentioned in your book for people born on that day. Like she's almost the polar opposite of the things mentioned. So, I personally don't put any stock in that sort of thing....
  #95  
Old 05-23-2018, 05:13 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Meghan will always be an American and she’s our real Princess.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #96  
Old 05-23-2018, 05:17 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Lewisville, United States
Posts: 845
I think she'll give up her American citizenship, but maybe only when her children are old enough to give up theirs.
  #97  
Old 05-23-2018, 05:18 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Lewisville, United States
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Meghan will always be an American and shes our real Princess.
She's our American Princess-to-be!
  #98  
Old 05-23-2018, 05:19 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,685
Even the Fail reported that the new Duchess of Sussex was sticking out her hand at yesterday's Garden Party trying to block people who tried to curtsey to her by shaking their hands instead.

Yes, that sounds like an over ambitious parvenu who "doesn't know her place" doesn't it?

I am not a giddy Meghan fan but I really wish some folks would cut it with the snide passive aggressive digs and let the poor girl get on with it. She has been a Royal Duchess for barely four days! Give her a chance to get her bearings.

Frankly if I'd had to navigate the family drama that Meghan did in the runup to the wedding I'd be in bed huddled under the covers at KP right now with a bottle of vodka for company.

And that whining Piers Morgan can just zip it anytime. Someone pass him some whipped cream to go with those sour grapes he's been nibbling ever since the engagement was announced and Meghan(rightfully) cut him off at the knees.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #99  
Old 05-23-2018, 05:31 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,794

I saw people commenting on her walk when she and Harry left the garden party. It was too model-esque and too Hollywood. A woman can't even walk these days without some people having to critique it.
  #100  
Old 05-23-2018, 05:49 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
I think the reason Meghan was waiving off the curtsies & bows is because it's finally sinking in: she is officially royalty. She wants to signal she really hasn't changed, but let's face it, there is a change. I am happy to see after all that vile mess that has been heaped on her some are willing to afford her the bow and curtsy out of respect. She'll still get the stick because that is standard for a royal but it was very nice to see.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 2: December 2018 - February 2019 soapstar Current Events Archive 675 02-20-2019 05:26 PM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baptism birth britain britannia british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing colorblindness commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii family life family tree general news thread george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! highgrove house of windsor jack brooksbank jewellery king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg medical meghan markle monarchy mongolia nepal nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima royal ancestry solomon j solomon spain spanish royal family speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×