The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 04:14 PM
Royal Highness

Would she have to go to California to sign it or have it brought personally to her in London?

Old 11-17-2018, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post

Would she have to go to California to sign it or have it brought personally to her in London?
No, the Book of Condolences at the American Embassy in London. 74 dead so far and 1,000 people still missing.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-17-2018, 05:55 PM
Majesty

I am sure she will find a way to do that especially as it is such a devastating tragedy. Seventy-four confirmed dead and worse, a thousand unaccounted for. Those figures are almost incomprehensible when you think of the number of lives impacted by this disaster.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Most likely the majority of the missing are simple bugged out and staying elsewhere since many of them have nothing to return to.

LaRae
Old 11-17-2018, 06:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Most likely the majority of the missing are simple bugged out and staying elsewhere since many of them have nothing to return to.

LaRae
The number of dead will likely go up, because it’s hard to tell the difference between burned objects and burned bodies.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-17-2018, 09:14 PM
Royal Highness

The queen has released a statement about the California fires

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people....wildfires/amp/

That may be the only mention of the fire from the Crown. If Meghan does something on her own it looks like it would have to be cleared with BP.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:12 PM
Serene Highness

California is a big state and Meghan’s ties are to Southern California where the Woolsey Fire has left 3 dead. The deadly Camp fire is in Northern California, I doubt that Meghan has any connection to Butte County, indeed she may have never even visited the area. The Queen has eloquently offered her condolences and I would not expect Meghan to add to that.
The smoke from the Camp Fire has finally pushed my air into the ‘unhealthy’ range (they issued masks at work yesterday) and I am probably 150 miles south of the Camp Fire. Although the large number of ‘missing’ on the list will go down as duplicate names are removed and people check in as safe with the Sheriff, my fear is that the death toll will go up and that there will be some never found. I’m a native northern Californian and what concerned me from the beginning about this particular fire was how close the start was to the towns and how fast it grew, usually officials can issue evacuation orders ahead of the fire, they didn’t really have that chance with the towns closest to the origin of this one. I hope I’m wrong.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:25 AM
Majesty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-Royals.html

Getting up at 5am, bombarding aides with texts and her eyebrow-raising fashion: Palace insiders reveal how Hurricane Meghan is shaking up the Royals six months after the wedding

> The House of Windsor welcomed Meghan Markle into the fold six months ago
> The new Duchess of Sussex has wasted no time in putting her stamp on The Firm
> She has proved to be less of a breath of fresh air and more of a whirlwind
Old 11-18-2018, 04:28 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The General News thread has been reopened.

The following actions have been taken:

-- Posts discussing the racist comments on the KP Instagram have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ism-44086.html thread.
-- Posts discussing Doria Ragland attending Christmas at Sandringham have been moved from their own thread to this thread. Doria can be discussed here, as required and related to the Sussexes.

Please direct questions to the moderation team.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-Royals.html

Getting up at 5am, bombarding aides with texts and her eyebrow-raising fashion: Palace insiders reveal how Hurricane Meghan is shaking up the Royals six months after the wedding

> The House of Windsor welcomed Meghan Markle into the fold six months ago
> The new Duchess of Sussex has wasted no time in putting her stamp on The Firm
> She has proved to be less of a breath of fresh air and more of a whirlwind
I don't generally click on DF, but this time I did just to get a gist of what this is about. It's not really a negative piece, but as usual, DF purposely slants it in a seemingly negative way for clicks. Plus they are hint, hinting, or wink, winking, but don't really have anything damning to say except that Meghan's personality, style, and expectations are different partly because she's American. And that to a degree, her different approach takes getting used to by some of her staff. Initially, there were stories about Meghan hugging everyone on her staff, so it figures that the narrative would eventually change.

I don't see anything wrong with someone who rises at 5:00am (and likely after her yoga ritual) gets down to business working and energizing everyone around her with project ideas, plans and daily tasks. It's always been apparent (if you checked Meghan's former Tig and Instagram, and viewed the many interviews she gave, accessible on Youtube) that Meghan is a bright, energetic go-getter, and a mover-and-shaker. I think it's admirable that the Duchess of Sussex likes to work hard and is an ambitious achiever. Harry doesn't appear to have any problems with his wife's personality, work-ethic, and lifestyle routines.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

So I read the article-much of it is ridiculous. “Meghan is raising eyebrows wearing a black tuxedo and skirts above her knees.” Umm, no, neither of those things is something new.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:50 AM
Majesty

Of course the article is ridiculous. It's peppered with snide little comments all the way through, inviting its readers to disapprove of 'this American who's trying to change everything.' I've no doubt the DF and the Sunday Fail are following an editorial agenda.

In the six months since Meghan married Harry it's been around one semi-favourable article to about half a dozen negative ones in the tabloid Press, especially the DM. They don't attack Harry as much as his wife because he remains very popular with the British public, but Meghan is the interloper and therefore considered fair game.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's me or there's a smear campaign going on ?
Wonder where does that come from ...
Old 11-18-2018, 08:37 AM
Nobility

I’m not clicking on the article as it’s the usual click-bait fiction & dog whistle that’s published by that tabloid. The unnecessary need to treat Duchess Meghan as an outsider, not like the rest of the family. All of the other princesses & duchesses have worn similar fashion styles, but Daily Mail is snide with Meghan. Now Meghan’s hard work ethic is a problem for them, they always want to tear her down; however it is the tabloid that looks increasingly low standard & unprofessional.

The last time Daily Mail published false info about staff leaving related to the Duchess, they had to print an apology. Of course, they never print corrections prominently & timely like they blast false information.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/art...fications.html
On 10th July 2018 we published an article with the headline ‘Queen's two most senior PR chiefs to leave after... Sally Osman and Steve Kingstone have confirmed that their individual and independent departures predated...’
We accept their respective positions, and apologise for any misunderstanding or embarrassment.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Royal Highness

Nothing new! The DF has carried out a smear campaign against Meghan since it was discovered that she was Prince Harry's girlfriend...so this has been going on for over 2 years now!
Old 11-18-2018, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Nothing new! The DF has carried out a smear campaign against Meghan since it was discovered that she was Prince Harry's girlfriend...so this has been going on for over 2 years now!
Well the Press needs a princess the public loves to hate : Princess Michael, Sarah , Camilla and now Meghan ...
Nothing new indeed.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

Exacting! The press builds you up and then tear you down! Everyone has gone through it.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:01 AM
Majesty

Yes, but Meghan hasn't ever been built up, at least not by British tabloids. She's always been treated as the interloper. There's been no honeymoon period for her with the London Press.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

but the press will print what they think the public want to read......
Old 11-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Majesty

It can be a chicken and egg situation as well, though. Do the Press, (including tabloids) through their editorial policies, decide on a certain course and follow through with it, leading and moulding public opinion, or do they just follow what they think their readers desire?

For instance, in Australia, the media, both television and press, was very favourable to Meghan throughout the recent tour. There were no niggling criticisms such as the DM comes up with. And the Aussie public responded, with enthusiasm and large crowds.

Closed Thread