The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Is being in line for the throne the same as being a successor to the throne? I have always thought that to be a successor was to be heir, not in line which so many people are.....just how many are in line to the BRF throne.....dozens/hundreds and maybe some even foreign royals are in line yet I would not think they are a successor.
Well he could be both...but barring a horrible tragedy it isn't going to happen anyway.

LaRae

Old 11-05-2018, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The discussion about Harry and Meghan’s country home, has been moved to the ‘Future Home for Prince Harry’ thread.

Comments about the Royal Variety Performance have been moved here.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:06 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the Royal Tour documentary on ITV have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-45056.html thread.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

The discussion about Meghan’s wedding tiara, has been moved to Meghan’s wedding tiara thread.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Any chance that we can possibly import the Australian media to cover the royal stories rather than the tabloid British press? I kind of grew attached to them during Harry and Meghan's tour poʍu nupǝɹ.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Just a reminder, this thread isn’t about the Markles, or the media and their coverage of Meghan.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ank-cards.html

Oh dear, these are late!
Old 11-10-2018, 02:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

This is so ridiculous. Of course Eugenie and Jack (and Meghan and Harry, too) have friends who gave them a personal gift and received personal and fast answers. And those who donated as a wedding gift get this polite and understandible letter some times later. Probably this strange "Melissa" was just bored after 6 months of writing such letters to anyone who supported the couple. My, my, the Daily Fail...
Old 11-10-2018, 02:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Can someone explain to me why is that even noteworthy? Of course it's going to be late, KP has publicly said how much mail they've received in that month alone.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Can someone explain to me why is that even noteworthy? Of course it's going to be late, KP has publicly said how much mail they've received in that month alone.
I don't think the story of the aide moving on is newsworthy, but thank you letters nearly 6 months on from the wedding is just not on. Sloppy and unbecoming, IMO.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I don't think the story of the aide moving on is newsworthy, but thank you letters nearly 6 months on from the wedding is just not on. Sloppy and unbecoming, IMO.
Actually people were receiving other thank you s months after the fact as well, like George and Charlotte’s birthday wishes. It’s not a surprise given the amount of things that happened in a short period of time. They do still have other things to work on in that office. I’m not sure why that’s surprising to people.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Commoner

I have a question? Can the British Royal family and media forum be opened again since it is closed? There are clearly things people want to talk about, that many find important that are not allowed to be discussed in this forum. The media’s relarionship with the family, especially the Sussex family, is a very hot topic. I feel like it should have some place for discussion. I am new so I really don’t know how to request that so I apologize if this isn’t how to go about doing it.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Actually people were receiving other thank you s months after the fact as well, like George and Charlotte’s birthday wishes. It’s not a surprise given the amount of things that happened in a short period of time. They do still have other things to work on in that office. I’m not sure why that’s surprising to people.
This is not about Brand Sussex, but just reflects badly on the Royal Household. If they were over worked, more resources from within the Royal Household could have been organised. It does not take very much skill to send these letters out.

Also in terms of the level of activity for KP, there was a wedding in May and a tour in October. Not exactly earth shattering stuff, given the Cambridges have not done a big autumn tour this year because of Louis' age.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyAnn View Post
I have a question? Can the British Royal family and media forum be opened again since it is closed? There are clearly things people want to talk about, that many find important that are not allowed to be discussed in this forum. The media’s relarionship with the family, especially the Sussex family, is a very hot topic. I feel like it should have some place for discussion. I am new so I really don’t know how to request that so I apologize if this isn’t how to go about doing it.
I agree, however threads are closed at the discretion of mods for a reason. There is the Royal Library and Electronic media section of TRF available where it's possible to discuss various books and documentaries on the royals, such as the recent Jobson book, etc. As well, there is a British royal family relationships thread that is open.

Under the Electronic media forum, there is a thread about the recent documentary on Prince Charles, where a topic of discussion has been about Prince Charles' close relationship with Duchess Meghan and with his sons.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Royal Highness

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drt73bhXQAAykKC.jpg

Seeing some of the latest photos of Meghan today, I think she is changing, which is obviously inevitable as her life has changed so much over the past two years. I miss somewhat who she was before, and that she was able to share much more of her life previously. Now, true sharing is off-limits as a royal.

It strikes me that Meghan plays her role well as the Duchess of Sussex. The royals always display these somber, melancholy expressions at events like today's. I do realize the somber nature of what Remembrance Day stands for, especially for Great Britain, a country that lost so many human lives during both World Wars. However, Meghan is from laid-back California, and although she surely has read up a lot recently on the British monarchy and British history, as a young American in her 30s, she is very far removed from that period in history generally, especially in British history. I suppose she feels deeply connected now through marriage, and as a newly baptized member of the Church of England. Meghan seems entirely up for all these grand, ritual occasions and pomp & circumstance ceremonies. She did study international relations at Northwestern. Plus, her acting career has definitely held her in good stead being in front of cameras at all these events. [...]

[...]Sure, some of this royal lifestyle might seem glamorous and appeaing from the outside. But on the inside, it could begin to get somewhat claustrophobic and overwhelming, particularly always being around RPOs and the same royal family faces and the palace intrigue, unless you do have a happy relationship with your significant other, (get along reasonably well with most of the family) and have purposeful, meaningful work to occupy and motivate your day-to-day existence. Right now, of course, Meghan is likely in full motherhood planning mode, and also still involved in pre-planning for the Royal Foundation projects she will be adding to her future schedule. As well, she may be in her element with the decorating needs of her and Harry's new 20+ room apartment at KP, their rental home on the Great Tew estates, York Cottage at Sandringham, and Adelaide Cottage on the Windsor estate. And surely for down-to-earth sustenance, she remains in contact with her closest and dearest friends, along with having her mother, and the solid support of her besotted husband.

In her former life, Meghan was seemingly very organized and a successful entrepreneur as well as a very busy actor on a popular cable television series. Add to that her humanitarian work and all the traveling she did, and I suppose it's safe to say she's segued nicely into her life as a royal, because of course, she has a staff to whom she can delegate many of the mundane tasks. This outsized, minutely examined life for someone who once spoke of feeling blessed and thankful for having a fruit basket every day in her very own trailer on the set of Suits. She must be living a dream and mostly enjoying the privileges, being up for the challenges, loving her prince of a husband, and simply ignoring and not sweating the less pleasant stuff (such as the recent nonsensical 'tiara drama').
Old 11-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Royal Highness

Really? Better her than me! The tiara drama would have me seriously questioning why I gave up my former life! But then again...This is a woman who has lived through a father and haf-siblings denigrating her in public...so the tiara drama may be mild in comparison.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
So true none of those homes have been confirmed. We really need to take everything reported by the Daily M.ail with a grain of salt because so many of their articles are not true.
It's not strictly DF that has done speculative coverage re homes for the Sussexes. In any case, I mostly do not click on DF trash. It has been reported by more than one source that H&M are renting a temporary home in the Cotswolds on the Great Tew Estates. I see no reason to doubt that.

I also see no reason to disbelieve reports that H&M will soon be moving into Apt 1 at KP (if the Gloucesters decide to move out). H&M may or may not have been gifted homes on the Windsor and Sandringham estates, but I see no reason to suspect it isn't possible -- this has been discussed in the thread, Future Home for Prince Harry, under British Royal Residences.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts moving the thread away from the topic have been edited/deleted.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Any chance that we can possibly import the Australian media to cover the royal stories rather than the tabloid British press? I kind of grew attached to them during Harry and Meghan's tour poʍu nupǝɹ.
Where will the British reporters go? Please don't send them to the US.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if The Duchess of Sussex will sign a book of Condolences for those who tragically died in the California fires?

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread