Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a news report by Omid Mio Scobie, quoted on Mad About Meghan blog:
http://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/

"Kensington Palace says the next six months for Harry and Meghan will be ‘very busy’ [with overseas travel to Commonwealth countries] so it’s no doubt going to be a challenging, but also very rewarding, time for the couple.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that all posts speculating about a potential Sussex baby have been deleted.

Harry and Meghan are planning a trip to LA, according to this s tabloid

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...prince-harry-meghan-planning-los-12637501.amp

I'm surprised no Hollywood meet and greet, similar to what Will and Kate did during their LA visit.

Here is the itinerary for the Cambridges' trip back in 2011.?
There were events for BAFTA and Tusk Trust and also it did include a trip to the Inner City Arts Academy on Skid Row. The couple met with children and participated in an art activity with them.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/prince-william-kate-middleton-visit-209520

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/follow-the-duke-and-duchess-of-cambridge-as-they-visit-california

Last edited:
... it wouldn't surprise me if both Harry and Meghan are selected as godparents to Louis...

I've read that the British royals don't typically name close relatives as godparents to their children, as when the relationship is close, such as aunt and uncle, they will already be playing an important mentoring role.

... Its kind of a neat thing that right at the point where Harry's life is more or less given over to his royal role that he's found the perfect partner to walk that path with him. I guess he was right when he said the stars were all aligned in his favor. Its going to be full steam ahead for the both of them. Together. :D

ITA with your sentiments. It's definitely an exciting time for Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan. As Harry said in their engagement interview, "all the stars aligned..." ?

Some close relatives (2nd degree - or spouses) as godparents in the BRF. So not unheard of:
Grandfather king George VI to prince Charles of Edinburgh
Aunt the princess Margaret to prince Charles of Edinburgh
Grandmother the queen mother to princess Anne of Edinburgh
Uncle the Earl of Snowdon to the prince Edward
Uncle the prince of Wales to Peter Philips
Uncle the prince Andrew to Zara Philips
Uncle the prince Andrew to prince Henry of Wales

I've read that the British royals don't typically name close relatives as godparents to their children, as when the relationship is close, such as aunt and uncle, they will already be playing an important mentoring role.

ITA with your sentiments. It's definitely an exciting time for Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan. As Harry said in their engagement interview, "all the stars aligned..." ?

Yes, in recent decades. Now we see them choosing perhaps cousins (like Zara but not siblings).In the past, it was very common to choose close family, including grandparents.

The queen certainly did:
-Charles: 2 great-grandmothers (Mary and Victoria HR), his grandfather the king, 2 great uncles (Prince George of Greece and David Bowes-Lyon), his Aunt Princess Margaret, and 2 cousins (King Haakon and Patricia Knatchbull)
-Anne- both grandmothers (queen mum and Alice), Philip's sister Margarita (her aunt), Philip's Uncle Louis (her great-uncle) and more distant Lord Elphinstone who was a first cousin once removed
-Andrew: only close relative was the Duke of Gloucester (great uncle). He also had 2 1st cousins once removed
-Edward: Princess Sophie (Philip's sister), Antony Armstrong-Jones (Uncle by marriage), Prince Richard and The Duchess of Kent (cousins of the queen)

Half of her grandchildren do:

-Eugenie has her maternal grandfather's second wife (so step-grandmother)
-Zara has Andrew
-Peter has Charles
-Harry has Andrew

Louise, James, William and Beatrice have some relatives but more distant, like 1st cousin once removed and so on.

I guess we won't know unless the honeymoon destination is revealed after-the-fact. Of course, we may never know. There have certainly been a lot of rumors of various locations, including Canada, Africa, and now Northern Ireland.

Thanks @Countessmeout and @Somebody regarding royal traditions surrounding the naming of godparents.

I guess we won't know unless the honeymoon destination is revealed after-the-fact. Of course, we may never know. There have certainly been a lot of rumors of various locations, including Canada, Africa, and now Northern Ireland.

Thanks @Countessmeout and @Somebody regarding royal traditions surrounding the naming of godparents.

Ddublin is Ireland not Northern Ireland - I don´t think they choose a destination that close to home:whistling:

I doubt it either. Too easy to be recognized and KP tends to have stuff like this on lockdown.

Plus, it's too similar to what's on offer within their own family and friends. They're spoilt for choice when it comes to castles and country estates in the UK itself, they could go to Balmoral or the Castle of Mey if they want peace and quiet in a very rural setting well away from the general public. They're bound to know lots of friends with beautiful estates they could use too. No need to go to the Republic of Ireland for it.

The Ireland honeymoon destination was denied . They have totally ghosted the world! good for them. I'm sure we will find out where they went after they return.

If they are even gone! Saturday is the Trooping.

LaRae

Not a peep about it on twitter that I saw.

LaRae

Wow. Is this the new 2018 version of "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego"? Sure sounds like a fun game to play. :D

Their ability to stay under the radar is extraordinary! Outside of public engagements in the last 6 months, we've basically seen them go to the gym and Meghan got caught in Chicago. Hoped we'd get confirmation on a honeymoon location once they returned but that seems unlikely. All credit to them for being able to maintain some level of privacy. Hopefully, it bodes well for a long happy marriage.

They're at Will and Kate's not leaving the house. They have a sound proof room so they can't hear the baby cry. They were going to go to Charles and Camilla's but that's just [emoji53] [emoji33]

Their ability to stay under the radar is extraordinary! Outside of public engagements in the last 6 months, we've basically seen them go to the gym and Meghan got caught in Chicago. Hoped we'd get confirmation on a honeymoon location once they returned but that seems unlikely. All credit to them for being able to maintain some level of privacy. Hopefully, it bodes well for a long happy marriage.

I think they must have special Superman glasses, which magically make them appear not what they are. When the glasses come off. everyone knows who they are again.

Dublin was mentioned after the wedding. Not as a honeymoon, but among the trips planned for the couple in coming months. It seems to have given rise to another rumor about honeymoon.

We may never know where they went, and perhaps they haven't gone outside the UK yet, and will go this summer.

But with Trooping in a few days they will be home.

Dublin was mentioned after the wedding. Not as a honeymoon, but among the trips planned for the couple in coming months. It seems to have given rise to another rumor about honeymoon.

We may never know where they went, and perhaps they haven't gone outside the UK yet, and will go this summer.

But with Trooping in a few days they will be home.

ACO pointed out upthread they are (back) in London. Harry had an engagement today.

I think they must have special Superman glasses, which magically make them appear not what they are. When the glasses come off. everyone knows who they are again.

I was going with an underground lair below Nott Cott that exits deep in the city in keeping with their James Bond vibe. Then Mission Impossible style masks so they can blend with the crowds.

Harry's time in the military in Afghanistan probably assisted him in operating under subterfuge and making certain his whereabouts remain secret if need be.;)

If they have been away, then Wow! Good on them for managing to go under the media and public radar. Especially in this day and age. I hope they have had a chance to totally relax after the hectic wedding. Perhaps Harry showed Meghan Balmoral.

That's my bet. It's beautiful and remote. Not everyone is a sun, sea and sand addict.

She's been to Balmoral. I am still figuring they went to Africa. It is a special place for them.

LaRae

Wherever they went, judging by Harry’s very smiley face, they had one hell of a good time. ;)

I was going with an underground lair below Nott Cott that exits deep in the city in keeping with their James Bond vibe. Then Mission Impossible style masks so they can blend with the crowds.

:lol: From how they both looked, especially Meghan's lovely glow, I think it's safe to say they spent time somewhere in the sun and not in an underground lair. ? The James Bond vibe includes sun and sea as well as underground hiding places, etc. ;)

Echoing others, it's definitely a statement the way they (especially Prince Harry with the help of RPOs) are protecting their privacy and their day-to-day whereabouts. Kudos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom