Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Here’s another article

He was said to have pledged to 'get rid of the posh girls' when he took over editorship at Vogue magazine last year.

So it comes as no surprise that Edward Enninful's inaugural list of Britain's 25 most influential and aspirational women is achingly right-on.
Read more: Mail Online: Are these REALLY the most influential women in Britain? Vogue names Meghan Markle and Amal Clooney as key influencers... but the Queen and Theresa May fail to make the list

Meghan being on the list is not surprising. This happened with Kate as well.

The readers of British Vogue, [that I know of], have NOTHING good to say of it, since it's 'relaunch' last year...
"It used to be amazing, now it is [an expensive] disappointment".

:previous: Exactly.

If you go down the list it’s very different from when Alexandra Shulman was editor of British Vogue. As the DM says this list is achingly ‘right on’.

Whereas of course the Daily Fail (especially the Mail online) is the epitome of good taste and good judgment in these things. :lol:

One thing the DM can’t be accused of is bowing to political correctness. Edward Enninful wanted a different British Vogue and he got it.

The readership of the Fail and of Vogue tend not to overlap imo.

The Mail is favoured by lower Middle-Class retirees ,who enjoy being OUTRAGED [on a daily Basis], Vogue by Fashionistas and 'the professional classes'.. 90% Women [obviously].

Photographers and people in the 'design world', generally used to 'swear by it', but now they no longer do...

Unless he shapes up, Enninful will be shipped out PDQ..

Last edited:
A number of senior figures have exited the magazine in recent weeks amid reports that its new editor is making some staffing changes before he officially begins on 1 August.

Edward Enninful is taking over from Alexandra Shulman, who announced in January that she was leaving after 25 years in charge.

He is the first male editor in the magazine's history, and is already making a few tweaks (or, removing "posh girls", as The Times put it) to the senior editorial team.

Since his hiring was announced, Vogue veterans such as Lucinda Chambers and Emily Sheffield have announced their departure as Enninful gears up to bring in his own team.

But it hasn't been a smooth transition so far
Read more: Vogue: Why 'posh girl exodus' continues at fashion magazine - BBC News

Vogue editor 'kills off posh girls' and promises diversity | Daily Mail Online

His agenda has been known since day 1

There’s plenty of articles out there. Just google Edward Enninful and you can read for yourself.

I'm really not interested enough to do so. Just trying to find out what does that have to do with The Duchess of Sussex being on the list. Which I'm assuming is the implication being made here?

Last edited:
Ok, what does Edward Enninful have to do with Duke and Duchess of Sussex and general news about them?

Meghan made the most influential list, which makes sense, as right now everything she wears sells out immediately.

A post a while back said it’s not surprising since Kate made the list. It’s two editors with very different ‘outlooks’ for Vogue.

That’s what Edward Enninful has to do with the list. This list is ‘right on’.

A post a while back said it’s not surprising since Kate made the list. It’s two editors with very different ‘outlooks’ for Vogue.

I'm still confused as to what the "right on" and Edward Enninful's supposed agenda mean? There is something that's being implied here, and it's not being clearly stated for some reason. I'm just trying to see what I'm missing because I don't understand what the ultimate point you are making about Meghan making this year's list and Vogue UK's editor.

Last edited:

What does 'right on' mean?

Kate and Meghan made the list, because now Meghan and then Kate are/were really influential. It made sense for Kate then, and now it makes sense for Meghan.

Last edited:
^^^ Exactly. In 2011, Kate made a bunch of these kind of list because she was one of the most famous women in the world and people flocked to everything about her. The same is happening now with Meghan. It is to be expected.

What does 'right on' mean?

Kate and Meghan made the list, because now Meghan and then Kate are/were really influential. It made sense for Kate then, and now it makes sense for Meghan.

Right on means right on. You’re from the UK. The term is used all the time.

Edward Enninful is the first gay black male editor in British Vogue history. He promised when he came in BV would ’look different’. It would be more diverse. Hence the ‘posh girl’ exodus.

His inaugural list checks all the right boxes. Just google him to read his history.

Edward Enninful is the first gay black male editor in British Vogue history. He promised when he came in BV would ’look different’. It would be more diverse. Hence the ‘posh girl’ exodus.

His inaugural list checks all the right boxes. Just google him to read his history.

Sorry to say this, but "checks all the right boxes" doesn't just belong to Edward Enninful. All of them have their own point of view, and who they put on those list always "checks all the right boxes" in regards their own view. This is nothing new or shocking.

Ok, are you suggesting, that Meghan made this list because of some 'right on' agenda, otherwise I don't get these posts about Edward Enninful, and his character description, which have nothing to do with Meghan and Harry, and news about them.

I posted an article from the DM that says the list is achingly ‘right on’. People are free to disagree.

Ah, I see now.

Whereas of course the Daily Fail (especially the Mail online) is the epitome of good taste and good judgment in these things. :lol:

Well, it's hard to figure out which pub one should pay attention to, as much as the Daily Mail is slammed in these parts. :whistling:

I do find it strange, that people are somewhat against the suggestion, that Meghan made this list, when, at least to me it makes perfect sense she did make the list. She did make a vogue most influential list, she didn't get a noble peace prize.

Imho there doesn't need to be certain vision or agenda going on to explain why Meghan made the list. I'm going to say, that Meghan was going to make the list regardless of editors or 'right on' lists.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder...what's between 4 and 4B ..what is 4 a? Could it be opened up into one big apartment and it would then have gardens..?

LaRae

I'm not sure if this could be opened up into one big apartment - maybe - but it still would not have a garden. The only bigger apartments with private gardens are 1 and 1a, the rest of them are around courtyards, I think.

Do we have any credible rumours about the honeymoon location? Or have they managed to travel under the radar again? (good for them if they did!)

^^^ Exactly. In 2011, Kate made a bunch of these kind of list because she was one of the most famous women in the world and people flocked to everything about her. The same is happening now with Meghan. It is to be expected.

I hope we get a Vogue cover! Vogue and the royals have always gone together!

Do we have any credible rumours about the honeymoon location? Or have they managed to travel under the radar again? (good for them if they did!)

Some say Zambia and then maybe someplace like the Seychelles. I think they are totally someplace unexpected but warm and beachy.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ding-doria-ragland-michael-curry-meghan-smile

This columnist goes on about Meghan's sparkly white teeth. This is not the first time I've seen a British journalist mention Meghan's "American" teeth.

A few years ago, I attended a business meeting in Manchester. My British colleagues wanted to know about my teeth, since they were apparently so straight and white. I guess it's one of those subtle differences between Americans and Brits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom