Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 3: February - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truer words were never spoken. I would also add Instagram and the internet in general. Anyone can write a blog, say something on Instagram unchecked and the story just spreads.

What has changed over the years in regards to the internet is that we moved into the age of places like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and its become the norm to post and comment on one's everyday activities such as what one made for dinner, what movie they recently saw and with whom and a place to express one's own opinion on things and the goal is to amass "followers" that are interested in what one does. A high profile person will amass "followers" by the millions (as we've seen with Harry and Meghan's Instagram) and it seems expected to know about every little thing they say and do as we're so used to knowing everything there is to know about anyone these days.

I do believe that Charles has said it best (and this was in the age before social media and the internet) when he stated "They've turned us into a bloody soap opera". Social media and instant communications has turned ordinary people from ordinary walks of life into soap opera script writers and its turning out to be quite a lucrative proposition.

Ooops. Gotta go. I forgot to post on my Facebook wall the cute thing my dog did last night. People are just dying to know. :whistling:

What has changed over the years in regards to the internet is that we moved into the age of places like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and its become the norm to post and comment on one's everyday activities such as what one made for dinner, what movie they recently saw and with whom and a place to express one's own opinion on things and the goal is to amass "followers" that are interested in what one does. A high profile person will amass "followers" by the millions (as we've seen with Harry and Meghan's Instagram) and it seems expected to know about every little thing they say and do as we're so used to knowing everything there is to know about anyone these days.

I do believe that Charles has said it best (and this was in the age before social media and the internet) when he stated "They've turned us into a bloody soap opera". Social media and instant communications has turned ordinary people from ordinary walks of life into soap opera script writers and its turning out to be quite a lucrative proposition.

Ooops. Gotta go. I forgot to post on my Facebook wall the cute thing my dog did last night. People are just dying to know. :whistling:
:previous: So true and very funny! (The dog comment..)

I think the important thing to remember is that what we actually know is not "everything there is to know," but a carefully curated image. It's one of the reasons I think Twitter, FB, IG, etc are so dangerous and so misleading. There is this false impression of intimacy and knowledge, when in truth what we "know" is the carefully crafted bits and pieces that have been chosen to set a narrative and create a picture. How accurate that picture is is debatable.

The paps are tracking Tom Sr again. DM is claiming Dad and no Markles are coming to the UK for the birth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ife-Mexico-no-prospect-seeing-grandchild.html

There are other stories that Dad has been quiet lately except the interview from the "friend". RRs are guessing palace staff have met up with him to "smooth things over". After the bad blood I wonder if the staff told Dad if he, Jr or Sam create any embarassing headlines or scandals around or on Baby Sussex's birth he will never see the baby?

Last edited:
Tom Snr has already said that he can't control what Samantha says and does as she's an adult. Sam has already recently been on a US TV show slamming Meghan again and will be releasing a book when the baby is born, so I don't think she's going to stop. I do think though that her father may have been spoken to by palace or consular staff.

The paps are tracking Tom Sr again. DM is claiming Dad and no Markles are coming to the UK for the birth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ife-Mexico-no-prospect-seeing-grandchild.html

There are other stories that Dad has been quiet lately except the interview from the "friend". RRs are guessing palace staff have met up with him to "smooth things over". After the bad blood I wonder if the staff told Dad if he, Jr or Sam create any embarassing headlines or scandals around or on Baby Sussex's birth he will never see the baby?

Why would anyone think he WOULD see the baby regardless? It only gives more potential problems in the future. I think the Sussexes releasing a statement with just Doria saying she’s looking forward to welcoming her first grandchild was telling enough. If they decided it was lost cause then, I doubt anything since would’ve changed their minds given what he has done since.

Funny how Tom Sr has so low expectations, after his 25 or so interviews, he doesn't give interviews for 3-4 months, and the tabloids start the guess game, that there are quiet negotiations going on. I personally don't believe it. The last interview he gave, he sold/gave Meghan's private letter to Dailymail and tried to play a victim to evil Meghan and Harry. He hasn't publicly apologised. He still holds the same views he always has. He hasn't proven to be trustworthy. Imho there are no negotiations or private meetings going, and if there are going to be any, they'll happen after the baby is born and christened.

... I think the important thing to remember is that what we actually know is not "everything there is to know," but a carefully curated image. It's one of the reasons I think Twitter, FB, IG, etc are so dangerous and so misleading. There is this false impression of intimacy and knowledge, when in truth what we "know" is the carefully crafted bits and pieces that have been chosen to set a narrative and create a picture. How accurate that picture is is debatable.

I agree. Their public images are certainly curated. I don't believe they even told us everything exactly about how they actually met. They surely were in some kind of contact prior to early July 2016, when they said they first met in-person 'on a blind date.' Social media is so prevalent, so they surely looked each other up and possibly texted each other prior to the day they met. And there's been some unsubstantiated rumors that they may have first met briefly in May 2016, in Toronto. Since Meghan had at that point recently broken up with her former boyfriend (Cory Vitiello), Harry & Meghan possibly wished to not fuel further innuendo about the timing of their meeting being close to when Meghan split with Vitiello.

Meghan was an excellent curator of her Tig website and her former Instagram. She was largely discreet about personal issues, but she was also much more accessible as an actor on a popular cable tv series. She was engaging and outspoken on issues that interested her, and she shared a lot of fun pictures of her travels with friends, her dogs, and she regularly provided a generally up-to-date account of her life (always carefully curated). Seeing glimpses of her apartment, food, flowers, books, shoes in her closet, inspirational quotes she loves, her vacations, having silly fun with friends, sharing loving pics with her mother, tributes to her father, and so many adorable pictures of her dogs, was so lovely. I miss that Meghan and the freedom she had. But it's my bittersweet lamenting, not Meghan's.

I believe Meghan has willingly moved on and into this royal life because she's in love. And the perks for her outweighed the sacrifices. Plus she can handle the ups-and-downs. She's not a wallflower. It's the nature of who she fell in love with, which has changed forever how open she can be. The press is way too clamoring and intrusive. Even though she will surely remain outspoken on charitable and women's issues that she's passionate about, she's been extremely careful nonetheless, but in a gracious way. She's very skilled at it too, as we can see by how she conducted herself during the QCT panel discussion at King's College on International Women's Day.

Due to what happened to his mother, Harry was already leery of the press, but the OTT negativity that began with the H&M courtship and that has continued throughout Meghan's pregnancy has surely turned Harry off on being magnimous in any way whatsoever. I believe the two of them might have been slightly more accommodating had the press not overstepped their bounds so much and so relentlessly. As with the Markles, there has been a point of no return.

Last edited by a moderator:

He sold pictures before. Not surprised he is back at it. Anything for some money. And these people wonder why Meghan wants nothing to do with them. Way to prove why she has no interest in having relationships with them.

Not to mention he admitted back in 2017 he hasn't talked to Doria or Meghan in years. What does he think selling personal pictures of Doria still in the hospital after giving birth will do?

I feel bad for Doria because talk about a violation.

Here's what boggles my mind. According to him, Doria and him haven't been in contact for years, why was his wife "miffed" at not being invited to Doria's daughter's wedding? :lol:

It's so strange that she ignores everyone from BOTH sides of her family. They can't ALL be in the wrong.

It's so strange that she ignores everyone from BOTH sides of her family. They can't ALL be in the wrong.

And yet... this shows clearly there is a lot of wrong in this family. He admits he last saw Meghan in 2000. That is almost 20 years ago. Yet they want to be in her life now? Give me a break. All they see of Meghan is a check.

Him selling this pictures of Doria is disgusting.

I believe the reporting was that Doria took care of her mother until she passed away and Meghan spent time with her paternal grandmother regularly while she was sick. So it seems that there were family Meghan was close to, but perhaps not the extended family. And from what I've seen, I can't say I blame her. :whistling:

One can't choose which family they're born into but as a child grows up, that child can decide for himself who he wants to keep close as family and decide which family members he'd rather keep a good distance from. Meghan basically grew up with a whole lot of people on the outskirts of her life and as she made her own way in the world, found many of her relatives having a lot to be desired as far as who she wished to be close to.

It happens to all of us as we go through life. We remain close with those that we have a deep feeling of kinship with while others go their own way on their own roads. For a lot of Meghan's relatives, they probably would never had bothered about her again if she had just married a Joe the Plumber and set up housekeeping in Toledo, Ohio somewhere. Marrying a prince gave Meghan a coat with a very long tail and jumping on that tail promises to be a grand adventure of a ride (with perks). :D

One can't choose which family they're born into but as a child grows up, that child can decide for himself who he wants to keep close as family and decide which family members he'd rather keep a good distance from. Meghan basically grew up with a whole lot of people on the outskirts of her life and as she made her own way in the world, found many of her relatives having a lot to be desired as far as who she wished to be close to.

It happens to all of us as we go through life. We remain close with those that we have a deep feeling of kinship with while others go their own way on their own roads. For a lot of Meghan's relatives, they probably would never had bothered about her again if she had just married a Joe the Plumber and set up housekeeping in Toledo, Ohio somewhere. Marrying a prince gave Meghan a coat with a very long tail and jumping on that tail promises to be a grand adventure of a ride (with perks). :D

Quite right. I always want to ask, which ones attended her first wedding, because if she hasn't spoken to you in 20 years, then that means you didn't attend her wedding in Jamaica, so what makes you think that you would attend this one?

This is also telling, because there is literal proof, video and pictures of one of Doria's nephews at the wedding with either his mom or girlfriend. It hasn't been confirmed by the Palace, but by people who recognised him.

They don't even speak to each other or their own families outside of Tom Sr and Samantha (and that is a bumpy relationship as well) so why would you think Meghan is the problem? We have seen them sell her out for a little bit of $$ maybe she knows they don't have her best interest at heart and stays clear of them.

Nothing strange about not being close to distant relatives or ones who have proven themselves toxic. She seems to have a great relationship with her mom, who has only shown herself to be incredibly discreet and graceful. That tells me all I need to know.

This is also telling, because there is literal proof, video and pictures of one of Doria's nephews at the wedding with either his mom or girlfriend. It hasn't been confirmed by the Palace, but by people who recognised him.

This is not true. No idea how this started but that picture being circulated of a crew member of Suits. There are other pictures of him with the Suits group.

The only biological family there was Doria.

But these are still family members and most people have family members at their weddings whom they barely see. As her Uncle said there were hundreds of guests there including a lot of celebrities who had never been known to be friends of her's prior to the wedding day but no family except her mother. I have never seen a wedding like it in that respect. I also wouldn't call her relatives 'toxic', why should they care what she thinks about them?

Last edited:
But these are still family members and most people have family members at their weddings whom they barely see. As her Uncle said there were hundreds of guests there including a lot of celebrities who had never been known to be friends if her's prior to the wedding day but no family except her mother. I have never seen a wedding like it in that respect. I also wouldn't call her relatives 'toxic', why should they care what she thinks about them?

Meghan's uncle haven't seen her since 2000. He also haven't talked to Doria since 2016. It's none of our business.

But these are still family members and most people have family members at their weddings whom they barely see. As her Uncle said there were hundreds of guests there including a lot of celebrities who had never been known to be her friends prior to the day she married but no family except her mother. I have never seen a wedding like it in that respect. I also wouldn't call her relatives 'toxic', why should they care what she thinks about them?

Then why should they be invited to her wedding? No response on why they weren't at her first wedding either, and that they haven't spoken to each other in 20 years.

BTW...My first wedding was just my mom, and if I were to ever get married again, it will be just my mother again. I have tons of family, a father, half brothers and sisters and plenty of aunts, uncles and cousins. I've rarely seen many of my extended family, and I'm sure some would be put out by not receiving an invite, but I'm not going to be fake on my wedding day and invite people that I don't associate with (blood or not) or who I don't get along with.

But these are still family members and most people have family members at their weddings whom they barely see. As her Uncle said there were hundreds of guests there including a lot of celebrities who had never been known to be friends of her's prior to the wedding day but no family except her mother. I have never seen a wedding like it in that respect. I also wouldn't call her relatives 'toxic', why should they care what she thinks about them?

I was referring to the Markles and it couldn't be any more obvious why she doesn't have a relationship with them.

And? So what there were hundreds of guests. My guess none of them betrayed her as fast as these family members clearly had no issue doing. Also if these family members weren't at her 1st wedding then they have no business being at her second just because she marrying a prince.

The only family that matters were there by her side -- her mom and her close friends who have been there for her, some for close to 2 decades.

And I would call them toxic. Extremely.

Meghan's uncle haven't seen her since 2000. He also haven't talked to Doria since 2016. It's none of our business.

It seemed they only talked in 2016 because the news broke about Meghan and Harry. He admitted they hadn't spoken in years until that moment and then haven't spoken since. I am sure Doria's phone blew up when the rumors started.

Last edited:
Some family members and friends are going to release some pics. The same thing happened to Catherine. It’s why we have so many pics of her childhood, too. I think Meghan expected it to happen. Not something you can really stop.

Not reading that rubbish tabloid. An uncle who has seen his niece in 20 years wouldn’t even know who all of her friends were. As Prince Harry said in his engagement interview, people think they know him, but they don’t. Same with Meghan.

People were still trying to guess how James Corden, Tom Hardy, Irdis Elba, Marcus Mumford etc attended the wedding & know Harry. Meghan’s close 20+ years friends were mostly ignored by the media, some senior royal reporters still insist she had no friends there. Yet anyone that followed Meghan before Harry knew about some of them. They were seen in pictures with Doria, not estranged relatives from either side. Obviously these dear friends are closer than some estranged sellout relative.

Just because you share DNA with relatives, it doesn't make them "family". To be honest, many of Meghan's relatives seem to me to be, to put it mildly, relative strangers. Meghan was 2 when Doria and Tom, Sr. divorced so its not like they all lived together as a big, happy family. Related by blood, yes. Family? No.

My second wedding consisted of having my future sister-in-law as a witness and her 5 year old daughter as a flower girl. Other family such as my mom and my kids and my brother live quite a distance out of state and as this was just a 15 minute civil ceremony, we did it with as little fanfare as we could.

The more this is discussed, the more it makes sense when Harry stated around the Christmas before the wedding that the holiday parties gave Meghan "the family she's never had".

It's not strange at all. Just because you share DNA with people doesn't mean you have to be in each other's lives. It doesn't mean the ones not selling Meghan to the tabloids are WRONG, just that outside of DNA they would have no reason to be in each other's lives.

But this uncle, who hasn't seen Meghan in 19 years, just sold her and Doria to the tabloids for the second time. He has proven twice that he's not trustworthy. And if neither had no interest in the 16 years prior to Harry, to get in touch, there would've been no reason after she met Harry, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom