Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 3: February - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of any quack medicines, therapies or spiritual gobbledegook. If something hasn't been proven to work by rigorous scientific testing, it's just a placebo IMO. However, the Queen & Prince Charles love their alternative potions & Diana was into all sorts of airy-fairy nonsense so Harry & Meghan are just doing what comes naturally in that family.

Stores such as that can never be discounted. They are repositories for all manner of interesting "thneeds" such as truly amazing oils that can refresh your home without having to plug it in or add batteries to spray artificial smelly chemically scented odours that bear no relation to the natural odour it proclaims itself to be.

But best of all they have things like lavender eye bags to shut out the light and give gentle wafts of lavender. Terrific for migraines, headaches or when you add ear buds just to shut out the world and relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternative and the holistic approach to wellness and medicine has been around for a very long time and people are looking more and more towards the natural way to care for the body, mind and soul as more and more comes out about man made drugs and their detrimental effects and drawbacks. Charles is a big advocate for this.

I'd love to spend a few hours browsing through that store myself. :D
Me, too. But I understand that this is not something that has to do with Harry and Meghan's official work and thus should be treated as private. But I bet Meghan's interest in these things is something that helped her adapting to the way Charles and possibly Harry as well think. Just like they all seem to love walks through nature. I bet Meghan loves to discover the magnificense of Scotland's nature on the Balmoral estate, for she seems a country girl by heart. Hence why the trip to Botswana with Harry was so successful - I don't see her as pampered princess but rather a woman who loves to go on discoveries with her adventurer husband! Just like Catherine felt so comfortable in the Welsh countryside and now in Norfolk. Both truly daughter-in-laws of Charles' and Camilla's heart.

For some reason I cannot enter page 16 of this thread. I could post to it, but when I click the page or "next" on page 15, it always reverts back to page 15????

I'm not a fan of any quack medicines, therapies or spiritual gobbledegook. If something hasn't been proven to work by rigorous scientific testing, it's just a placebo IMO. However, the Queen & Prince Charles love their alternative potions & Diana was into all sorts of airy-fairy nonsense so Harry & Meghan are just doing what comes naturally in that family.

I took a look at the store's website, and it looks like most of what they sell is really just very nice, organic skin products with unique scents. It seems like the kind of place where you could find lovely things without needing to buy into the "alternative care" aspects of the store's ethos. Similarly, while their services include a few "spiritual" options, it mostly just seems like very targeted types of massages and such in a quite private spa atmosphere.

I took a look at the store's website, and it looks like most of what they sell is really just very nice, organic skin products with unique scents. It seems like the kind of place where you could find lovely things without needing to buy into the "alternative care" aspects of the store's ethos. Similarly, while their services include a few "spiritual" options, it mostly just seems like very targeted types of massages and such in a quite private spa atmosphere.

I love natural products (& use them myself) & a trip to the spa is one of my favourite treats. It's just unproven medicine & spiritual stuff I discount as nonsense.

Thanks for the information about the shop, which sounds much more appealing than than the way it was reported. :flowers:

Those shops are very common in Southern California. I've been shopping in them for many years. The products are usually very high quality and the prices reasonable.

I was pleased to see she's introducing Harry to alternative products and the benefits they can bring. Keeping an open mind to things you are not accustomed to is a good thing! (Though I'm guessing Harry is open-minded since Diana was a fan of these things as well.)

Those shops are very common in Southern California. I've been shopping in them for many years. The products are usually very high quality and the prices reasonable.

I was pleased to see she's introducing Harry to alternative products and the benefits they can bring. Keeping an open mind to things you are not accustomed to is a good thing! (Though I'm guessing Harry is open-minded since Diana was a fan of these things as well.)

Many of the British Royal family use homeopathic medicine, including Her Majesty. Alternative products would not be strange to Harry.

Many of the British Royal family use homeopathic medicine, including Her Majesty. Alternative products would not be strange to Harry.

That had slipped my mind when I made the post.

Hmmm.... you suppose Her Majesty burns a "Windsor Castle Library" candle when she curls up with a good book at Buck House? :D

:previous: It wouldn't surprise me one little bit. :flowers:

I think this kind of store conjures up witch doctors or wiccas to some people. Star charts, chanting, herbs and all types of odd things :lol:

In reality natural oils, creams and teas are becoming more and more common. Just natural ways to deal with health issues and pregnancy pains. Health spas use them all of the time.

Prince Charles knows something about it :cool: Or at least his estate does. You will find Highgrove sells all types of natural products. They have soaps, lotions, sprays and candles that are all organic and meant to help.

https://www.highgrovegardens.com/highgrove-signature-reed-diffuser.html

I personally love my oils, teas and holistic skin care treatments. Maybe its "New Age" but I've seen a big difference and I was an extreme skeptic.

But I draw the line at star charts or any of that lol.

Last edited:
So Emily Andrews is paying for it, I presume. And does she have tons of fun when other members of the royal family have breaks away, in Mustique and France and Switzerland for example?

The fact that Emily is making fun of people donating to charity says a lot. You can't want respect if you are using a campaign that is helping a lot of people to troll.

Also why does she care that Harry spent his money on his wife? Did she want to join in?

So Emily Andrews is paying for it, I presume. And does she have tons of fun when other members of the royal family have breaks away, in Mustique and France and Switzerland for example?

Not enough of a clickbait these days. :lol:

The fact that Emily is making fun of people donating to charity says a lot. You can't want respect if you are using a campaign that is helping a lot of people to troll.

Also why does she care that Harry spent his money on his wife? Did she want to join in?
???

They sure had a busy weekend. We are to believe that they were in London late Friday night and moved to Windsor as well as spent a weekend away at this estate?

Ok Emily!

But all that aside, what a beautiful property!

Last edited:
???

They sure had a busy weekend. We are to believe that they were in London late Friday night and moved to Windsor as well as spent a weekend away at this estate?

Ok Emily!

It might be for next weekend. ;)

Again a big headline about the cost, but in the article, it's just guess work. Added, that Harry obviously paid for this with his own money, so it shouldn't matter to anyone.

It sounds a lot like her baby shower story, which turned out to be complete fabrication.

Again a big headline about the cost, but in the article, it's just guess work. Added, that Harry obviously paid for this with his own money, so it shouldn't matter to anyone.

It sounds a lot like her baby shower story, which turned out to be complete fabrication.

Wasn’t there also a story last week about how the move to Frogmore Cottage has been delayed so much because Meghan and Harry are so difficult that it might not be ready before the baby comes? Yea. :lol:

Last edited:
???

Ok Emily!

But all that aside, what a beautiful property!

Right? I really don't believe her because she has been way off in her so called scoops lately. The baby shower being the most glaring one.

That said this whole thing read like an ad for the hotel. They had someone come in and take pictures of the rooms? I feel like in her quest for a story she got had by their PR company.

Anyways nice to see the Sussexes recognized the online baby shower.

Wasn’t there also a story last week about how the move to Frogmore Cottage has been delayed so much because Meghan and Harry are so difficult that it might not be ready before the baby comes? Yea. :lol:

Yes.
I also don't believe this story, but even if true, it's a non story, which Emily tried to make something out of. So Sussexes spent 3 days in a hotel before moving in. Maybe they stayed in a hotel, so the movers could freely move their stuff into Frogmore cottage and Meghan wouldn't feel in the way, being 9 months pregnant and all.

I can't imagine why this is a story. Whether Harry and Meghan did or did not go on a very very expensive vacation before the birth of their baby, it is absolutely no one's business but their own. They have the money, why not? It's hardly likely to be the last time they go on an expensive holiday--they are very wealthy people.

The woman who runs the wellness store is a midwife so obviously getting all the advice and help she needs. Oils most certainly helped me through my pregnancy. It is not all hippy s*** has someone described. Just a healthy alternative to drugs.

Same. Although I’m fully on board with modern medicine, sometimes it’s nice to use natural remedies.

I wonder what she got???

A number of insulting comments directed at a royal reporter have been deleted, so I think it's time to remind members of one of the rules that we established regarding the Sussex threads.

Any posts that feature any of the below will be removed by a member of the moderating team:

• Insulting comments directed towards the royals, other posters, the Markles or members of the media.

Also, can we please not rehash the baby shower again.

"HEIR BIG SPENDER Meghan Markle and Prince Harry went on a three-night £33k ‘babymoon’ with romantic walks and cosy dinners."

Emily Andrews is sure having fun with this one on Twitter.
I'm not sure I want to support false stories about the Sussexes so I probably won't read Emily's articles, but could the truth of the matter be that they stayed in the hotel because they'd moved their stuff out of NottCott, only to find that Frogmore Cottage wasn't quite ready yet (appliances not connected, finishes and carpets still outgassing too much, beds not assembled, etc.)?

This is the first time either of them has moved into a newly-built or -remodeled home and they may not understand all the loose ends that can be left...

I'm not sure I want to support false stories about the Sussexes so I probably won't read Emily's articles, but could the truth of the matter be that they stayed in the hotel because they'd moved their stuff out of NottCott, only to find that Frogmore Cottage wasn't quite ready yet (appliances not connected, finishes and carpets still outgassing too much, beds not assembled, etc.)?

This is the first time either of them has moved into a newly-built or -remodeled home and they may not understand all the loose ends that can be left...

These are not teenagers moving out for the first time. Even if it is their first new house. They aren't a couple whose lease is running out and they rush to move into their new home while the paint is still drying. They would ensure that everything was ready to go, like appliances and fixtures. Certainly the contractors and likely designers/workers decorating, wouldn't have told them the house was ready if it wasn't. If you are working on a home for the royals, you will likely quadruple check everything before you sign off. And the appliances and fixtures would have been done, before the okay was for everything to move in.

If the home was delayed, they would have stayed at Notts. Its doubful most of the furniture in their new home isnt new. Or even at Windsor. They didn't go to an expensive hotel due to lack of housing.

IF, and I stress IF they went (and I doubt it) was for vacation purposes.

These are not teenagers moving out for the first time. Even if it is their first new house. They aren't a couple whose lease is running out and they rush to move into their new home while the paint is still drying. They would ensure that everything was ready to go, like appliances and fixtures. Certainly the contractors and likely designers/workers decorating, wouldn't have told them the house was ready if it wasn't. If you are working on a home for the royals, you will likely quadruple check everything before you sign off. And the appliances and fixtures would have been done, before the okay was for everything to move in.

If the home was delayed, they would have stayed at Notts. Its doubful most of the furniture in their new home isnt new. Or even at Windsor. They didn't go to an expensive hotel due to lack of housing.

IF, and I stress IF they went (and I doubt it) was for vacation purposes.
I disagree.

I've enjoyed and learned from your previous posts, Countessmeout, and I look forward to doing the same from your future posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom