Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 2: December 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Meg's father is a bit of an oddball and its hard to trust him. But I'd say he was less likely to tape a conversation than to release a letter..
the best thing IMo would have been for her to visit him before she got engaged.. not left things to just before the wedding which is when he seems to have become a bit flakey, and then ended up not able to go...

I don't know with the influence of Samantha and the media I have no doubt that a conversation would have been recorded. Also if it was only recorded one way then he could have lied :ohmy: about pieces from the conversation. He has shown that he has no problem lying about his daughter for money.

That being said, I have frequently seen it recommended to someone in a difficult relationship to write down their thoughts they want to say/share with the other person as a way to release the feelings.

Based on what happened I believe that a letter was actually the best action.

The fact is that for some parts of the British media & society, Meghan has committed the crime of becoming a royal Duchess while not being white.

Nonsense. What happens to Meghan did happen to Lady Diana, to Camilla Shand, to Sarah Ferguson, to Catherine Middleton, to Princess Margaret. Sadly a firm part of British media is a pack of merciless blood-thirsty hounds. Was not Meghan the spouse of Prince Harry, but Mette-Marit, she would have received the same "treatment".

And in Meghan's case it is even her very own family who delivers the fuel for the witch burning.

Last edited:
Meghan was willing to bring Thomas to the UK. He didn’t want to do that. He cut off communication with her. She tried to talk to him. If she had gone to see him, I believe the tabs would have been there to document the entire encounter. It wouldn’t have been a reunion between father and daughter but an ambush by the Markels. Meghan knows her father and knew the best way to handle him was from a distance. The letter was her last ditch effort to get him to act decently towards her and her husband and he failed.

Btw, all of this is making Samantha Markle very happy.

Samantha has visions of lotsa green dollars floating into her bank account from not one but *two* books she's writing about Meghan. The first is to be released around the time the Sussex child is born. Blatant cashing in if you ask me.

I don't like to wish ill on anyone but I sincerely hope people do not buy Ms. Grant's book(s). I know I won't. :D

Btw, all of this is making Samantha Markle very happy.

Of course she is happy. She loves that Thomas and Meghan are at odds. She has made it no secret that she hates Meghan and has hated her since the day she was born. She feels Meghan stole her life just by existing.

Samantha thrives off attention. It doesn't matter if it is negative as long as you are talking about her. So she will ride this wave as long as she can and she has clear allies with the media. So it will never end.

Samantha has visions of lotsa green dollars floating into her bank account from not one but *two* books she's writing about Meghan. The first is to be released around the time the Sussex child is born. Blatant cashing in if you ask me.

I don't like to wish ill on anyone but I sincerely hope people do not buy Ms. Grant's book(s). I know I won't. :D

I doubt that we will see any book. It is obvious she does not know her. And given the state of affairs I do not see any editor running the risk of lawsuits for libel since everything she has got is just fabrication if not straight lies. Remember she was supposed to be in the cast of celebrity big brother UK. We know how it ended

I agree that Meg's father is a bit of an oddball and its hard to trust him. But I'd say he was less likely to tape a conversation than to release a letter..
the best thing IMo would have been for her to visit him before she got engaged.. not left things to just before the wedding which is when he seems to have become a bit flakey, and then ended up not able to go...

After all the phone calls to her father went unanswered, it was a good thing that she wrote the letter. Last month, Jan 2019, BBC News & other media showed him pleading with the Queen to intervene. All these manipulations & lies by media & him when he had the letter since August 2018.

All visiting him prior to the wedding would’ve done was provide him with more recent photos of Meghan to sell.

In regards to the manipulative Sunday Times article, Her Majesty also supports diversity. In October 2018, the Duchess of Sussex announced 2 new scholarships on behalf of The Queen. Both to assist in empowering female university staff & promoting gender equality.

https://www.acu.ac.uk/news/view?id=277&x[0]=news/list

I guess some people & The Sunday Times didn’t think an article about The Queen supporting gender equality would get much clicks so they used Duchess Meghan instead. Just more shameful bullying by some people & the media.

Nonsense. What happens to Meghan did happen to Lady Diana, to Camilla Shand, to Sarah Ferguson, to Catherine Middleton, to Princess Margaret. Sadly a firm part of British media is a pack of merciless blood-thirsty hounds. Was not Meghan the spouse of Prince Harry, but Mette-Marit, she would have received the same "treatment".

And in Meghan's case it is even her very own family who delivers the fuel for the witch burning.

All of that is true except for your 1st word. What I said isn't nonsense. Meghan is receiving all the dross thrown at others but with the additional angle that she's biracial & some people can't cope with a non-white HRH to whom they should curtsey. I know people like that. I live amongst people like that (not most people but a significant minority). I hear what they say & I'm not repeating it here. Some of the press is giving some sections of our society what they want to read about.

I doubt that we will see any book. It is obvious she does not know her. And given the state of affairs I do not see any editor running the risk of lawsuits for libel since everything she has got is just fabrication if not straight lies. Remember she was supposed to be in the cast of celebrity big brother UK. We know how it ended

The book(s) are supposed to be Samantha's tell all on Meghan's childhood and a whole lot about the life and times of Samantha herself. I just don't really see people being overly interested in a blow by blow tale about Samantha. In fact, she's so gung ho on this project that the second book is to be called "In The Shadow Of The Duchess: Part Two". This is strange to me as most authors would compile it all into one book. This way, Sam gets double the money as people avidly dole out the big bucks and buy two books.

We'll see what happens. Although I know there are people that are very interested in anything Meghan and everything about her life, I just don't see the interest really being there for the general public. The majority of the people who are interested in Meghan (like us royal watchers) are more interested in her life now and her royal role.

If a meeting in person is so important, flights go both ways. We’ve seen Doria visit Meghan in Canada multiple times and we know Meghan has gone to LA. But I’ve never seen Thomas go to Canada to visit his daughter even though he probably has more time to travel than either Meghan or Doria who had jobs.

He became flakey because of his ego. He was complaining about things being said about him. Yet far worse was said about Doria and her side of family from the beginning. She managed to handle things with grace and class. So it doesn’t seem to be the level of assistance.

All of that is true except for your 1st word. What I said isn't nonsense. Meghan is receiving all the dross thrown at others but with the additional angle that she's biracial & some people can't cope with a non-white HRH to whom they should curtsey. I know people like that. I live amongst people like that (not most people but a significant minority). I hear what they say & I'm not repeating it here. Some of the press is giving some sections of our society what they want to read about.

There is also a sense of anti-Americanism on top of it. I’ve even seen such behavior on some RRs’ twitter feed. And those are the people covering her engagements as part of their job.

You also have to add in the fact that Meghan is really the first one marrying into BRF in social media age. Things move far faster and wider. Guardian was right that things used to play out in 15 years is now playing out in 15 months with little concern over accuracy. If one publication writes a gossip article, the other follows suit quickly without verification and it’s been repeated so much by dinner time that it’s treated as truth even though most haven’t done their homework.

Last edited:
Victoria Arbiter has been fighting press online who have twisted her words. One even apologized to her. Just goes to show how little people are verifying what they print and all it is is a race to publish for clicks. They don't care if it is true or not. Doesn't matter.

They just make assumptions and run with it. Another great example were all the pictures about how they posted a tent at Frogmore Cottage when in reality it was over the mausoleum that was getting repaired.

https://www.rexfeatures.com/search/...=&viah=Y&stk=N&sft=&timer=N&requester=&iprs=f

I just thought it was pretty funny cause so many articles were written about this and they were completely wrong. Will they correct themselves? Of course not. On to the next story instead. That is the real tale of the press now.

All of that is true except for your 1st word. What I said isn't nonsense. Meghan is receiving all the dross thrown at others but with the additional angle that she's biracial & some people can't cope with a non-white HRH to whom they should curtsey.

Nobody actually has to curtsy to royals. It is entirely optional these days, unless you are part of the royal staff of course, in which case it would be probably awkward if you didn't curtsy.

There is also a sense of anti-Americanism on top of it.

Undeniably there is a strand of anti-Americanism in both our Press and our populace, just as there is an anti-British strand in both sectors in the USA- ive been reading the New York Times lately [with reference to Brexit] and i'm amazed it has so great 'a problem' with the UK...

It is simply 'the way of the World'...

Meghan is just the new Princess Pushy people love to hate, social medias added.
It will pass with the first child and age, then the interest will shift to another royal. Nothing new here.
The thing is that her colorful family doesn't help to round out the angles.
Oh well ...

I think there's more of an edge to the Anti Meghan stuff.... but having said that, most women who marry into a Royal family seem to get some very nasty flak on social media or the Internet these days.
And her family certainly doesn't help. There si all this messy stuff from them and it gives her detractors material to be nasty about...

Nobody actually has to curtsy to royals. It is entirely optional these days, unless you are part of the royal staff of course, in which case it would be probably awkward if you didn't curtsy.

I didn't say has to I said should. In the circles I'm talking about, it's considered the appropriate thing to do but of course it's not compulsory.

Dad wants to be at Baby Sussex's Christening. ..as a birthday gift to Dad himself.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...le-relationship/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I bring in this article to show the fast and loose reporting to get clicks. First Sr was born in July not August. A Wikipedia search would have cleared that up. Second Dad wanted a photo op of Meghan and Harry but at the christening there would be an official picture released with members of the BRF and people from Meghan's family. Dad gets his photo op. Third Dad's answer back interview he wanted Meghan to give him money to move. Now he says his life is in danger and he needs to move. As an American citizen Dad's recourse is local law enforcement and the US embassy in Mexico and not the British taxpayer or the Sussexes.

Last edited:
Thomas will see Baby Sussex via the papers like the rest of us. Just go away. He is the worst.

Yeps. That's the ticket. Do and say all those things that a daughter asks you not to do and once its realized its totally messed things up, again, make a list of demands that put the blame for every nasty thing in life that has occurred on said daughter with the expectation that its up to her to make things right as its all *her* fault.

The man's reality check is bouncing. :D

Thomas will see Baby Sussex via the papers like the rest of us. Just go away. He is the worst.

Yup.

The way he talks about Meghan's baby, you would think he has no other grandchildren :bang: None of whom, I am pretty sure, he has any relationship with.

Regarding the Times story about ACU: Meghan's comment and her having Amy take a pic of the diversity stats were reported at the time of the engagement...so why is the Times re-reporting it again now? And not just that, but with a LOT of editorializing at that. I am rather disappointed in the Times of late.

If Meghan is, or will be, championing this issue, I am very excited! When I was attending uni in the UK, I was shocked by the lack of diversity in faculty, curriculums and student body---even compared to my not IMO very diverse school in the US.I remember student organizing at the time on campus around the issue, as a matter of fact. I am glad to see this conversation being elevated and its a great issue for Meghan especially to speak about given her own experiences and background.

Undeniably there is a strand of anti-Americanism in both our Press and our populace, just as there is an anti-British strand in both sectors in the USA- ive been reading the New York Times lately [with reference to Brexit] and i'm amazed it has so great 'a problem' with the UK...

It is simply 'the way of the World'...

Not even close to being the same thing. Disagreeing with UK on issues related to Brexit, or even Brexit itself, is not inherently anti-British. Nor does it go to the same level as abusing a pregnant woman over trivial issues like when she wakes up or breaking fake protocols or violating international copyright laws just to publish an incomplete personal letter among other relentless vitriol.

The general public are not so easily fooled these days by media stories. They know to take sensational stories with a grain of salt. Especially in the UK where they have lived with rubbish stories for such a long time that turn out to be false and made up.
I myself am not convinced this letter from Meghan to her Dad is real. I just don't believe she wrote it.
And I deserve the right to have that view.
T.
I have no doubt the letter is real and because it is not a free-flowing happy missive the "handwriting experts" have psychoanalysed Meghan and found her manipulative, controlling, etc. ad nauseum. But Meghan wrote it very carefully because she knew there was more than a 50/50 chance her father would sell its contents. I have to admit to being surprised that it took him so long as it was written in August 2018 and here we are in February 2019.

Much has been made of Meghan not taking Harry to visit her father in Mexico but, did she know where he lives? It seems that his immediate family were in the dark as I seem to remember comments from the abominable Jnr and Samantha that their father was a very, very private man, virtually a hermit and they contacted him by phone. Presumably, Meghan was it the same position having nothing but a phone number and a Bank Account number.

Back when the news that Harry and Meghan were dating broke, Samantha Grant stated her twitter assault on Meghan that was basically ignored and attributed to jealousy, then Jnr started but her dad was still silent. I think he thought it a passing phase and was not sufficient cause to 'break cover' so to speak.

Last edited:
Recently, someone won big on the lottery and was photographed wearing a scream mask as he collected his winnings. Smart man. Make it big whether it be marrying a British royal prince or winning gobs and gobs of money, idiots come out of the woodwork when they smell money, fame, prestige or anything that serves to stroke the ego.

People love to ride on coattails for a free lunch. Their egos tell them that they're entitled to share in someone's good fortune just because they know the person or are related to them by DNA. Its about as crazy as what I witnessed years ago when the Beatles played in Detroit. Someone got the bright idea to cut up and sell the bedsheets used in their hotel rooms and made out like a bandit.

Meghan right now is a vehicle for many outlets to ride her coattails. Her e(strange)d family came out of the woodwork to capitalize. The media sees her as a "cash cow" to whip people up into a frothy foam to spout vitriol and hatred and disdain just because they can.

Meghan is taking off the coat and burning it. She won't be bullied by anyone and will continue to forge ahead in her life and her actions and her deeds and her words will make a difference. She's not going to give negativity rent free space in her head. She's got more important things to think about and do.

but why write to him? Given that he is erratic, it would probably be better to pick up the phone. I suppose he might not have talked to her, but It would be safer than writing him a letter he has now publicised..
I think that before the wedding he was quiet and did not use his relationship with her to get media interest..but she didn't AFAIK try to visit him before her marriage.. when surely that would be the right time to talk to him and advise him that he would have to be very discreet from now on, if he didn't want to hurt her image.

I'd just like to remind, that Mr Markle took the liberty of narrating his every phone conversation with Meghan in his first interview to Piers Morgan. In great detail he said how Meghan had told him she was dating Harry. He also took the liberty to say what Harry allegedly had said about Brexit and Trump to him. In another interview he said, that Harry had shouted at him on the phone. At least with letter, it would be harder to twist her words, or make up a complete different narrative from a letter, if he decided to publish that letter.

As for visiting him before the engagement or marriage. We don't know if Harry and Meghan offered to visit him, and he declined. All of this narrative has been from Mr Markle's words. Harry and Meghan have not said a word. Mr Markle published part of a letter Meghan wrote to him, and it proved Mr Markle a liar already. He had said, that Meghan never gave him money, and he never asked. In the letters it's proved, that she in fact did give him a lot of money, and he asked for more, "for his loyalty". He had also lied, that she hadn't contacted him at all, while she had written him a letter, and he wrote her back, asking for a photo op. So, his words, narrating anything, are less than reliable. If he says, that Meghan and Harry should've visited him, I'm going to think, that he omitted the info of Meghan and Harry offered to visit multiple times, but he declined.

Last edited:
I have no doubt the letter is real and because it is not a free-flowing happy missive the "handwriting experts" have psychoanalysed Meghan and found her manipulative, controlling, etc. ad nauseum. But Meghan wrote it very carefully because she knew there was more than a 50/50 chance her father would sell its contents. I have to admit to being surprised that it took him so long as it was written in August 2018 and here we are in February 2019.

Much has been made of Meghan not taking Harry to visit her father in Mexico but, did she know where he lives? It seems that his immediate family were in the dark as I seem to remember comments from the abominable Jnr and Samantha that their father was a very, very private man, virtually a hermit and they contacted him by phone. Presumably, Meghan was it the same position having nothing but a phone number and a Bank Account number.

Back when the news that Harry and Meghan were dating broke, Samantha Grant stated her twitter assault on Meghan that was basically ignored and attributed to jealousy, then Jnr started but her dad was still silent. I think he thought it a passing phase and was not sufficient cause to 'break cover' so to speak.

Revelations about his request for a photo-op forced his hand obviously but parts of the letter we’ve seen so far do him no favours and exposes him for what he is, so hardly surprising he held onto it for so long (one can only imagine the full content). And since he was also pushing the false ‘ghosted’ narrative of having had no contact since the wedding, disclosure about the letter’s existence wouldn’t have been in his best interest. He even did another GMB tv interview as recently as last December telling Morgan & viewers alike he’d been ghosted just like him blah blah. I don’t know about you but in my opinion anyone willing to cause such maximum damage to their daughter’s reputation using false premises has no boundaries. The excerpts suggests there’s a pattern of lies to his behaviour.

Last edited:
Perhaps someone that has followed Meghan more closely in her previous life before Harry can answer a question for me.

Was there any indication that prior to Meghan's relationship with Harry that her e(strange)d family tried to "get in on the act" and ride her coattails as they're doing now? Has there been any kind of real report of previous hassles and conflicts with these people or was her paternal family something of a distant kind of relationship with each living their own lives?

If there wasn't, then I'd be willing to bet my last turkey sandwich on rye that there's an element in play here that changed things and it fits into the sacrifices that Meghan has made choosing the love of her life and his lifestyle which includes being on the global stage and living in a royal fishbowl. All of a sudden there's this limelight Meghan is in and its attractive and its shiny and elegant and its the ultimate "LA girl makes good" story and the world is eager for any tidbit of information about her. The Markles had stories to tell just by being "In The Shadow Of The Duchess". (pun intended)

It most definitely has gotten out of hand and if Meghan can withstand all of this craziness, the rest of her life will be a piece of cake. She's facing a lot of eyeopeners right now about who the people who have been in her life are really like. She loves her father and that will never change but that doesn't mean that in any way, shape or form can she condone his actions or his way of thinking.

I can't help but think back to the picture of Meghan in the Vanity Fair article where she is sitting in this beautiful gown with bare feet. Back then it reminded me of Cinderella and perhaps now, after seeing everything that is going on with her e(strange)d family and the media, it seems even more poignant to me.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/09/meghan-markle-cover-story

Last edited:
@Osipi - there was no prior desire for a family reunion from the Markles because Meghan's ex-husband and boyfriends before Harry do not come from prominent wealthy families or are self made billionaires. They would have made the same noise if they did.

The one question about I have about the let is the Fail running it. TPTB had to know UK law about printing a private letter without the consent of the author. Apparently they didn't think Meghan would explore taking legal action against Dad. Dad had other unflattering things written about him and to keep this story alive other media may do a deep dive into Dad's life.

@Lady Reem - Dad's reputation has taken such a hit Letter-gate is on his Wikipedia page along with Pap-gate. These rotten decisions are on his resume for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
The thing with legal action though about the letter is that they would need Meghan's consent as author of the letter to prosecute her father (and the publishers) and to be honest, I don't see her going that route. It would just seriously make matters worse and more fodder for the tabloids to feed on.

I'm willing to bet the crumbs from my last turkey sandwich on rye that the letter Meghan did send to her father wasn't just dashed out in the deep of the night but carefully composed and each word selected to drive home her points with the knowledge that it was quite possible that it all would end up in the press.

What made me seriously question Mr. Markle is his rant about Harry having to be behind her words. I'll admit to checking things around the net and there are quite a few Americans that reacted to "down the rabbit hole" being solely British. It isn't.

Give this man enough rope and eventually he'll hang himself with it. He's acting on emotions and it shows. :D

The Markles seem not to understand that being low-profile and discreet is the highway to being welcomed in the royal family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom