The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 03:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
... Also my main thought along all of this is why NYC? What connections does she have to the city? These are genuine questions because I have always thought she had ties to Toronto.
Meghan has friends in NY, unsurprisingly (among others, Misha Nonoo lives in NY). Meghan is a former actor, and as well, she's done a lot of modeling. And she regularly attended New York Fashion Week. In addition, Meghan appeared on the Today show numerous times. And as we know, Today is filmed at Rockefeller Center. NYC is the capital of the world, so I don't see why Meghan wouldn't have ties to New York. She visited New York quite often during her tenure on Suits, to see friends, to be interviewed, to see shows, to go shopping, and for business purposes. NBC is the parent company of USA network.

Oh well, hopefully we are moving on as Meghan moves on to a safe trip back to London and preparation for the Morocco visit. I'm glad the Duchess of Sussex has had an opportunity to relax with friends. Here's a shot of Meghan with Markus. They had dinner together, reportedly with Serena, Abigail and Jessica joining them. It's really nice seeing Meghan with her friend, Markus. They've always been great friends (he seems like a brother to her), and they are smiling in this pap pic, so it looks like they had fun at dinner:

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...nderson-01.jpg

They've always been cool and joie de vivre together
https://cdn01.nyheter24.se/d644f5ff0...s_anderson.jpg
https://content4.promiflash.de/artic...nem-dinner.jpg
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...-Anderson.html Scrolling down from this old video, you will find very short recent videos of Meghan and Markus entering the Polo Bar in NYC for dinner, and Meghan later exiting with her RPOs.

One of Meghan's shower gifts is said to be a Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib from Babyletto:
https://www.her.ie/celeb/first-gift-...-shower-451030

CBS did some reporting, indicating that Meghan also shopped at a high-end baby clothing store in NY:

Old 02-20-2019, 04:48 AM
Majesty

This private visit has been handled exactly as it should be. Nobody was naive enough to think she wouldn't get busted and her friend Jessica was known to be in the city so ordinary safety measures were applied. At no time was her visit supposed to be "secret" merely not "official".

She arrived with at least two if not three protection officers and it seems the State Department was involved (which was a given) and from the looks of things they added a bit more security and it's a bit hard to downplay a couple of honking great black Suburbans surrounded by very "fit" people.

Meghan has just gone with the flow. As long as she got to do what she went for it was of no importance. She sensibly didn't fuss about photographers outside and was polite in the videos I have seen. All in all, it looks like a fun few days just like it was meant to be.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:53 AM
Royal Highness

Mad About Meghan has the latest details about the NY visit, etc:
Mad About Meghan

It's interesting that they are reporting how Meghan is relaxed and feeling good, but that she's also always monitored closely with her doctors. I guess she's just in very good health and she's been doing fine with all of her various activities going on during the pregnancy. I'm sure she's been getting enough rest in between all that she's been doing.

Another video I saw indicated that Meghan & Harry spent Valentine's eve together before she left for New York the following day. It was also brought up how Valentine's Day is a favorite of Meghan's, as she wrote about often on her former Tig website. Apparently, she once wrote that she always woke up on Valentine's Day dreaming of being enveloped in a Robert Doisneau photograph (a famous French photographer). Examples:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...IERAUHaPBwyrJR
http://www.iphotocentral.com/Photos/...t_Doisneau.jpg
https://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/20...b32b912ce7.jpg
Probably these days, Meghan always wakes up dreaming of being enveloped in Harry's arms.

Here's more on Laduree (a Parisian restaurant with U.S. locations, including New York and Los Angeles): https://www.laduree.us/locations
Old 02-20-2019, 05:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's very interesting to hear all your input about the situation in NYC. I believe once Meghan had planned what she wanted to do, she let her security team work out the practicalities. She could have eg. received shopping assistents from baby shops in her hotel or have a top chef coming in to cook for her. There are a lot of things people with money can do without ever leave their residence or hotel. Receive spa treatments with a friend, all of that. We have no ideas what she had planned at all, apart from the few things where she was papped. So for her she could keep a lot of her visit private - and who knows? Maybe she even allowed herself to be papped for the sake of her friends: To show the world: these people are important to me, even though 5 of them talked to people and to give their importance a boost. A win-win situation.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:06 AM
Royal Highness

One of the New York baby shower gifts is said to be a Hudson 3-1 convertible crib from Babyletto:

I suppose there's no issue for Meghan having all of her gifts and shopping items safely loaded in the cargo section of a commercial flight back to London.

Hopefully, Meghan's Mom will get a chance to attend the second baby shower in London:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...d-baby-shower/
Old 02-20-2019, 06:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
One of the New York baby shower gifts is said to be a Hudson 3-1 convertible crib from Babyletto:

I suppose there's no issue for Meghan having all of her gifts and shopping items safely loaded in the cargo section of a commercial flight back to London.
Sure, if she is willing to pay any excess baggage charges that may be liable.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

As I said, there are ways and means to make a visit like this actually private. How did the press know she was going? Where she was staying? Who released the information? If nobody knows you're going, nobody knows you're there. Without hacking plane manifests or stalking every hotel in NY, they simply couldn't have found without already knowing where she was.
You raise a very valid point. To me, this does indeed look like carefully leaked information.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
It's very interesting to hear all your input about the situation in NYC. I believe once Meghan had planned what she wanted to do, she let her security team work out the practicalities. She could have eg. received shopping assistents from baby shops in her hotel or have a top chef coming in to cook for her. There are a lot of things people with money can do without ever leave their residence or hotel. Receive spa treatments with a friend, all of that. We have no ideas what she had planned at all, apart from the few things where she was papped. So for her she could keep a lot of her visit private - and who knows? Maybe she even allowed herself to be papped for the sake of her friends: To show the world: these people are important to me, even though 5 of them talked to people and to give their importance a boost. A win-win situation.
Would someone REALLY want to stay cooped in a hotel room when visiting with friends in NYC, instead going out and about? And why should and would she do that? Just so people wouldn't see her? Or take her pictures?

I really don't get what's the issue here at all.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
You raise a very valid point. To me, this does indeed look like carefully leaked information.
So why wasn't it leaked last Friday when she got on a plane to NYC?
Old 02-20-2019, 06:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
So why wasn't it leaked last Friday when she got on a plane to NYC?
Because that is the way whoever orchestrated this wanted it.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

If maximum publicity was what was required, then Meghan could have been followed by the paps for the last 5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
And I bet that if she had done these things that you have suggested that she would have been roundly criticized for appearing too royal to leave her hotel. She can't win whatever she does.

Who spends money on a plane ticket and a hotel in another country to just stay in a hotel room and not go out at all? That makes no sense to me!

And she didn't need this NY trip to show the world that her friends are important. There is documented evidence that these people have been in her life for years. These same friends were at her wedding and wedding reception so she didn't need this NYC trip to prove anything.

All Meghan has done is flown to NYC for a get together and babyshower with her friends that was planned months ago. People are acting as though she is not entitled to do that.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Or maybe what Page 6 said happened really did happen... The need some people have for a conspiracy is getting a bit tiresome. Usually the easiest explanation is also the correct one.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Right. Who knows? It's entirely possible that security knew the information would come out in any case as Meghan's friends convened, and someone in the public sighted the Duchess either at the hotel or somewhere else. And of course, there are people who knew who she was at the hotel, and it was bound to be leaked eventually. So security may have decided to get ahead of it themselves with Meghan in public the other day at the French pastries & tea restaurant. They were certainly able to keep it under wraps for several days about DoS Meghan even being in New York.

Likely for the first few days of settling in at the hotel, Meghan kept a low profile, and perhaps touched base in private there with some of her friends to coordinate things.

Indeed the security may have felt it easier to control a known situation rather than trying to disguise and secret Meghan everywhere on the last couple of days when her profile would be higher, with her eating out and shopping, etc. In any case, let's face the fact that it's not easy coming and going as a high profile figure out in public in New York, without being detected.

It's been said that this trip was planned months ago. So, perhaps the timing of the People article with Meghan's friends supporting her was purposely intended to come out in advance of the NY trip. So the baby shower serves a lot of purposes: relaxation with friends; receiving baby shower gifts; and showing everyone that Meghan supports her friends just as they support her.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:28 AM
Royal Highness

Duchess Meghan's Avocado Dip Recipe (different from her avocado toast recipe):

The avocado toast recipe is at the end of this feature on Daniel Martin, Meghan's makeup artist who posted about this fave Meghan treat on his Instagram:
Meet Daniel Martin, Meghan's Makeup Artist - Meghan's Mirror Scroll down

I guess it's safe to say that Meghan loves avocados. I do too. They are very healthy, and go with a lot of foods, as a condiment or main snack. My favorite letter A foods: avocado, asparagas, artichoke, apple.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

As someone who lives in the heart of NYC, it’s not really surprising she was discovered. I’m more shocked it took 3 days. I see a famous faces regularly in the streets. Most don’t care and leave people be. Having said that, you best believe if someone saw Meghan it would be filed to the nearest station quickly. Once Page Six got tipped they did their due diligence to confirm she was in town. They had pap outside her friends homes. She not naive. She was aware she might be spotted.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:36 AM
Royal Highness

True to form Sam weighed in on the baby shower and wanting Meghan to contact Dad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-dad-trip.html

Meghan's letter blew up in the Markles' faces and Dad's reputation took a bigger hit. All their pleas for family unity is really a desire to be seen as important and respected. The Markles left three years of a paper, interview and social media trail to show their true fleeings for Meghan to want anything to do with them.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
True to form Sam weighed in on the baby shower and wanting Meghan to contact Dad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-dad-trip.html

Meghan's letter blew up in the Markles' faces and Dad's reputation took a bigger hit. All their pleas for family unity is really a desire to be seen as important and respected. The Markles left three years of a paper, interview and social media trail to show their true fleeings for Meghan to want anything to do with them.

In Germany, we have a saying: Friends are God's apology for settling you with your family. I bet Meghan would not laugh about that anymore but simply nod.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

The DailyMail claiming the baby shower is actually today. It is obvious nothing happened yesterday. I wonder if it ever was happening. I guess we will see how it unfolds. She suppose to fly out today.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
The DailyMail claiming the baby shower is actually today. It is obvious nothing happened yesterday. I wonder if it ever was happening. I guess we will see how it unfolds. She suppose to fly out today.
I hope that they are monitoring the snow storm that she can leave before flights are cancelled.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hey, I’ll be like, “give me the gifts and I’m getting the hell out of here.” Best to do that than mess around and get your flight canceled.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread