Heir Presumptive

Meghan has been spotted in NYC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a....co/0sUdRUs8XP

Old 02-18-2019, 09:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I hope Meghan will have a wonderful time with her friends and hopefully Doria at the baby shower. There will be eventual Instagram pics at the shower ... food, games, a diaper cake. And eventually Samantha will tweet she didn't get invited. I think Meghan's letter to Dad makes it clear where Meghan stands. I would not be surprised the location of the shower is undisclosed out of concern that that Sam would try and crash.
I would sincerely hope that Meghan doesn't give Samantha or any of her paternal family dead set on causing mayhem a second thought. Meghan now has the lifestyle that if she doesn't want to see someone, there's no way they'll get close to her and that, in itself, is a blessing.

Meghan has a tight circle of trusted friends, a new family that supports her and a husband that obviously worships the ground she walks on and a mother that could also be deemed her best friend in the world. Her life is a full one with places to go and people to see and causes to champion and very soon, a new little life to love and nurture. I would think that although they've been quite hurtful to her, Meghan has plenty on her plate that she can push the paternal family angle to a side dish and not let it spoil her meal.

Misery loves company and there are plenty of outlets for the Markles to express their misery but, from what we've seen, Meghan won't allow herself to be part of that circus. In the end, we know who is missing out and excluded and they've brought it on themselves.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-18-2019, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I would not be surprised the location of the shower is undisclosed out of concern that that Sam would try and crash.
Or, it's not disclosed because it's no one's business unless they received an invitation. The chances of Samantha getting anywhere near Meghan is below zero at this point. Especially considering this is a private get together.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
But there is no reason to explain that to me..I already pointed that out several posts ago...in my first post when I pointed out that the diversity was not that great in the U.S. either.

LaRae
I agree. There are still likely more pale males who apply and who are employed because it takes a long time for all sections of society to have education available and to value that education and develop the drive for qualifications and a career which once was mainly in the pale male sphere.
I like to think change is slowly occuring. The best person for the job should be hired.
It's not any modern day man's fault that universities and higher education institutions were started, setup and operated by learned men. We all should be thankful for their foresight and at the same time expect education to filter through to more sectors equally.
To push for manditory change could bring down standards. The very highest standards in higher education are paramount. To assume that universities have not chosen for highest standards but for racist or sexist reasons is insulting the intelligence of many astute and hard working people. I find the reaction of Meghan too quick to judge and likely naive or ignorant of the full facts. Everyone wants equality in education.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I agree. There are still likely more pale males who apply and who are employed because it takes a long time for all sections of society to have education available and to value that education and develop the drive for qualifications and a career which once was mainly in the pale male sphere.
I like to think change is slowly occuring. The best person for the job should be hired.
It's not any modern day man's fault that universities and higher education institutions were started, setup and operated by learned men. We all should be thankful for their foresight and at the same time expect education to filter through to more sectors equally.
To push for manditory change could bring down standards. The very highest standards in higher education are paramount. To assume that universities have not chosen for highest standards but for racist or sexist reasons is insulting the intelligence of many astute and hard working people. I find the reaction of Meghan too quick to judge and likely naive or ignorant of the full facts. Everyone wants equality in education.
That's a pretty one sided view on this. While I agree that qualification is paramount. Most cases are hardly black and white as such. Studies have shown that there are a variety of factors involved in perceived qualification. Men are often promoted based on potential whereas women are promoted based on what they've already done. Essentially, women will have to do the job before being promoted. I would not be surprised for something like this to be passed on to higher ed. No one has said someone should be hired just for diversity's sake. They should obviously be hired for qualification, but you can't tell me it's only white male that are so disproportionately qualified for the job.

And I find it odd that her reaction was considered judgmental. Even whatever quote we did have in that Times article, the most she said is we need to have that dialogue and question how things are done rather than just accept how it's always been done.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would sincerely hope that Meghan doesn't give Samantha or any of her paternal family dead set on causing mayhem a second thought. Meghan now has the lifestyle that if she doesn't want to see someone, there's no way they'll get close to her and that, in itself, is a blessing.

Meghan has a tight circle of trusted friends, a new family that supports her and a husband that obviously worships the ground she walks on and a mother that could also be deemed her best friend in the world. Her life is a full one with places to go and people to see and causes to champion and very soon, a new little life to love and nurture. I would think that although they've been quite hurtful to her, Meghan has plenty on her plate that she can push the paternal family angle to a side dish and not let it spoil her meal.

Misery loves company and there are plenty of outlets for the Markles to express their misery but, from what we've seen, Meghan won't allow herself to be part of that circus. In the end, we know who is missing out and excluded and they've brought it on themselves.
Not her entire paternal side. Though they weren't at the wedding, Meghan is close to her niece Ashley, and is said to be close to Ashley's brother. They are the older children of Samantha.

Quote:
I hope Meghan will have a wonderful time with her friends and hopefully Doria at the baby shower. There will be eventual Instagram pics at the shower ... food, games, a diaper cake. And eventually Samantha will tweet she didn't get invited. I think Meghan's letter to Dad makes it clear where Meghan stands. I would not be surprised the location of the shower is undisclosed out of concern that that Sam would try and crash.
The only downside of having the baby shower at a public venue and not private. Meghan's friends have proven they are faithful and wont talk unless given permission to. They would never share photos of a private moment, unless their social media is private. Like we didn't get insider photos of the wedding receptions, other then their wardrobe as guests came and went.

But with a public venue, there is a chance staff or someone will sell photos.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
And I find it odd that her reaction was considered judgmental. Even whatever quote we did have in that Times article, the most she said is we need to have that dialogue and question how things are done rather than just accept how it's always been done.
On reflection, Jacqui24, your assessment is more accurate than mine. Meghan chose quite carefully her words and she does answer politely, without giving her full opinion... calling for dialogue. It's more how some media have interpreted her reaction really. They loudly assume Meghan finds the system in need of overhaul, manditory quotas all due to corrupt and racist practises. It is not a true reflection of what she indicated and I find that offensive - that they use her as a vehicle for a judgemental and ill informed view.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Well thanks to JuliannaVictoria for reposting the Huit Denim documentary! To the contrary @muriel, I would frame it as, Why can't the media focus on all of the positive work and wonderful impacts we are seeing from the influential representation and humanitarian efforts of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and many other British royals? That lame 'British fashion' carping and shaming toward Meghan is so old, tired, and empty.
The "lame 'British fashion' carping and shaming toward Meghan" may be, to quote "old", but it is not "empty" or "tired" and is certainly very true. There can be no better example of this than the Huit Denim story, and the positive impact her wearing British clothing can have.

For somebody who has certainly not had the best of starts in her new public role through marriage, this can be an easy win. Like her late mother-in-law, she can use the press attention her presence generates to highlight the causes she supports. At a time when the British economy could do with a bit of a boost, Meghan would do well to highlight the best of British. She has done it with Huit Denim and Strathberry, but she can do it so much more than she does currently.

Supporting British fashion, especially artisanal and small companies, may certainly be an easy way to increase her popularity in her newly adopted country. The narrative can be turned around, plenty of other royals have successfully done it: Anne, Camilla, Sophie, Charles, Kate.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope the US media leave her alone today but I’m sure they staked out her hotel since they tracked her down. Today is the party so no doubt they will be on a mission to picture all the guests.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:51 AM
Royal Highness

So much for Rob Jobson saying that she only had 5 friends! Clearly Meghan has a network of loyal friends who love and support her! So much for the tabloid garbage about her being isolated.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:19 AM
Majesty

Thomas Markle Jnr wants his father to meet the new baby, of course, (family mantra) but slams his'jealous, bitter' sister Samantha.'Don't believe a word she says.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-Duchess.html

What a happy and united clan this family is!
Old 02-19-2019, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I’m glad Meghan is enjoying her baby shower weekend, but she better hop back on that plane before the weather gets bad. This snow, rain and icy conditions ain’t playing around.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-19-2019, 08:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I’m glad Meghan is enjoying her baby shower weekend, but she better hop back on that plane before the weather gets bad. This snow, rain and icy conditions ain’t playing around.
Yes...thinking the same. We are supposed to be slammed tomorrow morning. I hope she has an early morning flight to avoid the storm.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Thomas Markle Jnr wants his father to meet the new baby, of course, (family mantra) but slams his'jealous, bitter' sister Samantha.'Don't believe a word she says.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-Duchess.html

What a happy and united clan this family is!
TM Jr needs to focus on getting rehabilitated for his alcoholism and stop pushing his nose into the business of people he has no relationship with.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I see Tom Jr's comments have triggered Samantha. Both on the outside looking in as always. Meanwhile Meghan continues living her life without either of them.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

Jr.s interview is a joke. Now the strategy is to throw Samantha under the bus. By distancing himself for her Dad's chances of seeing Baby Sussex improves. Like people won't remember their own messy behavior.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:45 PM
Majesty

Media waiting outside the Mark Hotel in NY tonight for Meghan to emerge following the baby shower.

. https://www.instagram.com/p/BuEk2zED...=1plv73am5xlv0
Old 02-19-2019, 02:04 PM
Majesty

Arriving and leaving the Mark Hotel for the baby shower.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuEuVWUH...d=hkjahaidc4k5
Old 02-19-2019, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan is currently at the Met Breuer museum with her close pal Abigail Spencer. Daily Mail has pictures. So not time for the baby shower yet it seems.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Too celebrity looking for my tastes with the sunglasses and all. Looks like a Kardashian here not a royal.

Closed Thread