Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 2: April-September 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the charity they visited is also represented by Sunshine Sachs, as many things in their life seem to be now.

A number of posts focusing on either accusations about the Finding Freedom book or the Royal Household/establishment being why Harry and Meghan left have been removed as off-topic.

The book has its own thread - USE IT.
The reasons why Harry and Meghan left the RF have been discussed ad nauseam for months - ENOUGH.

This thread is for CURRENT EVENTS of the couple - their leaving the RF has not been a current event since March.

Apparently the charity they visited is also represented by Sunshine Sachs, as many things in their life seem to be now.

Does the PR firm really matter in these circumstances? If the volunteers, including Harry and Meghan, get out and distribute needed supplies, and the Charity concerned gets publicity and donations for the cause, that is the most important thing, IMO.

What are tehy going to do with this deal? Are they going to be paid? Or sell their documentaries?

Well I guess we know one of the ways that they are going to be going about making their money. I think that they will probably be successful in this venture... people like the Obamas have done something similar and have had great success with it. It's a very popular and far-reaching platform. I'm wondering if we'll see a podcast from Meghan and/or Harry at some point in the future.

Well it seem the most important thing in their lives are money and power the more the better. Also always being seen. Sad actually,they could have done good things in the UK.Hope they never find out that money don't really make you happy, it can get you lots of things, but do one really need them,or is it for just look what I got. One will have tons of friends as long as they don't have to pay their on way, if the willingness to support all the freeloaders goes away who is left?? I know I will get pounced on for this post,oh well.

Well it seem the most important thing in their lives are money and power the more the better. Also always being seen. Sad actually,they could have done good things in the UK.Hope they never find out that money don't really make you happy, it can get you lots of things, but do one really need them,or is it for just look what I got. One will have tons of friends as long as they don't have to pay their on way, if the willingness to support all the freeloaders goes away who is left?? I know I will get pounced on for this post,oh well.

i dont see them supporting a lot of "freeloaders". I think Meghan has worked out a way to combine their "preaching" with money making...

Harry already had a project on Netflix recently that evidently went over like gangbusters, a documentary I'm pretty sure was posted about here.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry and Meghan say: “As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us.” They added that Netflix’s “unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks action”.

Netflix said: “We’re incredibly proud they have chosen Netflix as their creative home and are excited about telling stories with them that can help build resilience and increase understanding for audiences everywhere.”

There are already several projects in development, including a nature docu-series and an animated series that celebrates inspiring women. A source says that Meghan has no plans to return to acting.

Per ITV's Lizzie Robinson

Off-topic comments about Harry and Meghan’s living expenses have been deleted. Please stay on topic.

I am glad for this deal for Harry and Meghan. ... Good luck to the Sussexes.

Well this isn't a surprise, it's been rumoured for a while, in fact whilst they were still negotiating the exit and supposed half in half out deal. I'm sure a lot of people will watch what they create. It will be interesting to see what happens with title use because this is definitely a commercial venture.

The Obamas have vast experiences and extreme knowledge of many subjects plus they are very wise and well spoken. So very helpful when making documentaries. I wish the Sussexs well.

Here in Germany, we have lots of celebrities who don't earn personal money from their Tv- production films and docus, they prefer to pay their employees more, so they don't make a win, just pay themselves for their work. I don't think we will see that H&M are "grabbing" money, IMHO it's enough for them to finish their lifestyle and set up Archie well, all other things can go into the firm or towards charity. IMHO, of course, but as valuable as your opinion.

[.....]

Several off speculative, derogatory, or off topic comments have been removed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...es-visit-LA-preschool-questioned-parents.html

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's visit to LA preschool is questioned by parents who aren't allowed to enter their children's schools due to Covid-19 policy - as one claims the couple have 'no respect for the rules'

• Parents have questioned Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's visit to a Los Angeles preschool on Monday
  • Duke and Duchess of Sussex dug with trowels into dirt and planted flowers
  • Some parents claimed they were told they weren't allow to enter children's schools due to Covid-19 policy
These two should learn that their titles are meaningless in the USA and they must respect the rules.

To be fair, I don't suppose they did "just turn up". The school presumably let them go there because it wanted the publicity.

I would like to ask a question or at least ask all your opinions on something. Regardless of whether you think the visit to the childrens nursery to plant flowers was the right thing or not, I am wondering if you think the parents permission would have been required for the photographs. Is it alright in the USA to take photographs of a general group like that then publish the photographs without prior consent. I know they were wearing masks but they are children.

The parents must be very disappointed in the failure of administration, staff, and faculty to understand and enforce restrictions.

I would like to ask a question or at least ask all your opinions on something. Regardless of whether you think the visit to the childrens nursery to plant flowers was the right thing or not, I am wondering if you think the parents permission would have been required for the photographs. Is it alright in the USA to take photographs of a general group like that then publish the photographs without prior consent. I know they were wearing masks but they are children.

No you cannot take their photos and yes absolutely the families must give consent to have their children be photographed. Most schools have families/guardians sign a media consent form every year. If the parents/guardians decline consent, then the school employees must ensure that the student(s) are not photographed/videotaped.

Now from what I am reading, the complaints are largely that the Sussexes and their photographer were given access while currently the campus remains closed to parents/guardians.

Perhaps it would have been a better plan to have little Archie and his parent planting forget-me-not seeds in their own garden.

Last edited:
No you cannot take their photos and yes absolutely the families must give consent to have their children be photographed. Most schools have families/guardians sign a media consent form every year. If the parents/guardians decline consent, then the school employees must ensure that the student(s) are not photographed/videotaped.

Now from what I am reading, the complaints are largely that the Sussexes and their photographer were given access while currently the campus remains closed to parents/guardians.

Thank you for the information.

I am glad for this deal for Harry and Meghan. ... Good luck to the Sussexes.

I think it’s mainly a good thing, too. It gives them the financial independence and visibility they want by doing the sort of “inspirational” shows that tend to be very benign. Hopefully they got most of their money upfront and it’s not tied to viewership numbers so there’s no need to get edgier or more controversial if the interest starts to dip after the first couple of shows.

They want a celebrity/glamorous lifestyle and a bunch of money ASAP.. of all the ways to get those things a Netflix deal seems pretty harmless.

I think it’s mainly a good thing, too. It gives them the financial independence and visibility they want by doing the sort of “inspirational” shows that tend to be very benign. Hopefully they got most of their money upfront and it’s not tied to viewership numbers so there’s no need to get edgier or more controversial if the interest starts to dip after the first couple of shows.

They want a celebrity/glamorous lifestyle and a bunch of money ASAP.. of all the ways to get those things a Netflix deal seems pretty harmless.

I agree. I think this outcome is much better than the half-in, half-out lifestyle that was mentioned in the past.

(I was worried that Charles would be widely criticized for funding them; a deal like this would mean he will no longer have to. Win-Win.)

Thank you for the information.

To be fair, I don't suppose they did "just turn up". The school presumably let them go there because it wanted the publicity.
I agree that the Sussexes didn't just turn up, hgowever IMHO the administration failed to consider that families would likely have questioned their decision once the photos were published and the story went out.

You're welcome Hallo girl. Speaking as an educator, the Preschool Learning Center needs to answer the parents' questions as it pertains to student safety and as they would have been the ones to give permission for this to occur.

Last edited:
I saw the uproar over the school visit. The parents need to take it up with the school administrators because they allowed it to happened. The SM outrage act as if the Sussexes pushed their way into the school and pulled rank on how the visit was to go down.

I think benign is the word. It's a good deal, they get money and the netflix backlog is never ending. They will make a few nice pieces which neither is original or offends people. Works for everyone.

Last edited:
I saw the uproar over the school visit. The parents need to take it up with the school administrators because they allowed it to happened. The SM outrage act as if the Sussexes pushed their way into the school and pulled rank on how the visit was to go down.

With all the furor about reopening schools for physical classes at the forefront of a lot of people's minds, I don't think it was a wise idea or a good time for the Sussexes to make a visit. I can understand parents being upset that these two "high Profile" people were allowed into somewhere where the parents have been told they cannot go.

It may have all been done without meaning any harm but it obviously created some problems.

If the rumored $100M deal is anywhere close to correct then they have set themselves up quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom