Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: December 2011-April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Ashton-Drake doll. Don't know if this is the evil serial killer doll, but certainly the bride looks crazed in this version:

Wedding-Princess-Catherine-Middleton-Collectors

The Ashton-Drake doll is gorgeous. It's not creepy at all. The one on your link is rather scary looking though :eek:.

Oh, are you referring to the Bridezilla doll?:lol: This one is extremely scary, and the Pippa doll's on the right:

http://www.retail-digital.com/consumer_trends/pippa middleton.jpg

Can we say bride of Frankenstein? Yikes.

The Ashton-Drake doll is beautiful. I had to order one the minute I saw it! Great keepsake. The detail is amazing.

Clarence House has announced that "Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are to attend the premiere of "Warhorse" on 8th of January in aid of The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry.

Last edited:
I just read this book; it's actually a children's story and know when I see this movie I'd better have a box of tissues on hand. It's a wonderful plot and looks like it's translated well into a movie, from the trailers I've seen.

So we've got new pics tomorrow for the premiere of War Horse so very excited and luckily it's on a Sunday night (afternoon my time) so I'll be here!

The premiere for War Horse is well under way. Steven Spielberg and the stars (including the yummy Benedict Cumberbatch) have arrived. Still waiting on Will and Kate. Sky News are about to go live to the event shortly.

Just to get us all in the mood:

Director Steven Spielberg And British Actor Jeremy Irvine

Last edited:
That is funny. Catherine looks like she made it through o.k. though. She looks beautiful and Im liking the dress. Its different.

Nice picture of Kate accepting a bouquet of flowers:

Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Attends The UK Premiere Of

They appear to be meeting service people at the moment. Apparently the rain began just as they were arriving at the premiere and was really quite heavy. I'm impressed that Kate's hair survived the weather in such good nick. Even a hint of dampness and my hair just goes bonkers.

I cried like a baby when I saw War Horse! Hope Will and Kate had kleenex on hand!

I didn't like Kate's dress nor her hairstyle. The dress is beautiful but not on her.

Happy I didn't miss all the fun, Kate looks great just started looking at the pics now. Gotta catch up!

Did we know this?
QueenVicMirror Victoria Murphy

After the premiere William and Kate to attend a private reception in Buckingham Palace with foundation donors #warhorse
I take it right now they're inside watching the movie seeing as I think they already met with the celeb guests.

Video is up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16461379
http://news.sky.com/home/showbiz-news/article/16144307

RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

The film premiere tonight will raise at least £300,000 for The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry.

Last edited:
They just left there was a webcam showing them leaving but I didn't catch it quick enough but ya the premiere is now over.

Let's hope that horse walked the red carpet after William and Kate, if you get my gist!;)

Her eye makeup seems especially dramatic, but I do love the dress. I'm also surprised that she didn't get wet because in the pictures it looks like the Duke is doing a horrible job of holding the umbrella. Also random question, does anyone know why he is not wearing a wedding ring?

It's not really a custom for men in the UK to not wear a wedding ring, in fact most men do. Some men, however, choose not to do so and William is one. Another is David Cameron, UK Prime Minister, who is very happily married and yet chooses not to wear a wedding ring. It's purely a matter of personal preference.

From what I've seen on Twitter, it would appear that tonight's likely the last we'll see of William before he heads off to the Falklands next month. I'm sure we'll see one or two pics of him in the Falklands but that'll probably be it as the MOD have stressed that he won't undertake any public engagements while he's there. In my view that's a little unfair on the Falkland Islanders, but the MOD are anxious not to provoke Argentina too much.

Last edited:
Actually I believe it was on the red carpet before. They showed him when interviewing Spielberg before entering the theatre and the arrival of the Cambridges.

Actually I believe it was on the red carpet before. They showed him when interviewing Spielberg before entering the theatre and the arrival of the Cambridges.

Really? Then I must say he was certainly well-behaved and followed proper equine protocol!:)

Last edited:
^^^^ LOL, probably a shovel was handy just in case.

Some news about the reception afterwards
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

30 people are paying £10,000 each to attend the film and a reception with the couple and cast at the Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace.
Some nice tidbits
@ AbsoluteAlicia Kate & Wills' cinema seats have for special royal seat covers.
@ nataliesedwards Kate looks seriously at easy talking the military representatives. Her and William chatting separately
@nataliesedwards Kate is spending a lot longer talking to the military representatives. Will is racing ahead in comparison!
@AlexGWells Kate and Wills are Rock Royalty and her hair is actual magic. The rain bounced off it as she walked the red carpet. No frizz Nada
@AbsoluteAlicia You could hear a pin drop when Kate & Will's came in. Then they played God Save The Queen on a Wurlitzer! Brilliant!!

Found this online it's from inside the cinema
Royal trumpeters in the cinema for Prince William and Kate Middleton. Pretty smart for an Odeon! yfrog.com/gz2ghpfj

Last edited:
I read that the servicemen and their families that were invited to the premiere were William's regiments - RAF SAR, Household Cavalry, Irish Guards, RAF Coningsby, Navy Submariners & Scots Sailors.

I saw Warhorse this weekend,it was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom