Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: December 2011-April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures are fantastic. Thanks for sharing. It was nice to see some new jewelry on Catherine. Did someone say they were a wedding present? Does anyone know from who? I think it would make a great tiara.:flowers:

I like the video :D they are a cute couple.
William seems a very good dancer.

Just found this article about Diamond Marshall, the little girl who greeted Kate in Calgary last summer. What a wonderful bit of holiday news!

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Cancer girl who won Kate Middleton's heart is miraculously cured

When reading something like this, you can't help but believe in miracles. What a wonderful present for the family and the little girl :flowers:.

Now, I'd love to know how something like this leaked out. Hopefully Catherine doesn't stumble upon something like this while innocently surfing the web :D. What a great gift, especially since I remember reading somewhere that she liked dogs. Pets and children make the house more of a home.

How many dogs does he plan to give the poor girl? Jewellery, William, jewellery!

The argument for that may be that she'll have enough jewelry from the vaults to last a lifetime. Then again, a simple piece with sentimental value could be a very thoughtful and tender present.

If you give me a puppy for Christmas I know you really love me; if you give me jewelry...well its nice.

3 dogs is barely enough. And if she's to be Queen someday, she might wish to follow in HM's footsteps and have quite a few.

Three dogs are three too many for me! As for all that jewellery that Kate will have access to someday... well, that's someday! This is now.

The argument for that may be that she'll have enough jewelry from the vaults to last a lifetime. Then again, a simple piece with sentimental value could be a very thoughtful and tender present.

Somehow I doubt he'll only be giving her one Christmas gift :) I'm sure Kate can expect quite a nice first Christmas from her new family, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if she got a nice piece of jewelry from her father in law and stepmother in law as well.

3 dogs is barely enough. And if she's to be Queen someday, she might wish to follow in HM's footsteps and have quite a few.

Wooo, you don't even want to know how many dogs I want. If I had the money and the space to keep as many I want and have them remain healthy and comfortable I would get 10 easily. Around 12 or 13 is when I would start wondering about my sanity. :wub::poinsettia:

Maybe he'll give her a puppy with some jewelry around its neck; that way, she'll get the best of both worlds with the bling and the cuddly cuteness!:D And I agree, she has to start building up her collection of doggies as a future queen!;)

P.S. I'd like a passel of greyhounds myself if I could.....

Last edited:
Keep in mind that they tend not to give each other grand or fancy Christmas presents.

:previous:Not at Sandringham where they exchange gag or inexpensive gifts, but what about their own personal celebrations? I'm sure privately the gifts are of a different caliber among the family.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that they tend not to give each other grand or fancy Christmas presents.

Well, we know that's the case as far as the formal Christmas gathering at Sandringham goes, but I assume that Catherine and William will have private gifts for each other, and perhaps private gifts within just their branch of the family as well. That part we don't know for sure.

Yes, I recall reading that the RF doesn't like giving expensive presents to each other on Christmas; apparently the cheaper the better for them, at least that's the rumor.

I think dogs would be great. At least they are warm and fuzzy. You can cuddle and hug dogs, you cant do that with jewelry. Well , maybe you can! :lol:

I think gifts would be the last things on their minds right now. Its going to be more being supportive to HM until the DoE is back calling her "cabbage" again.

Its really hard to think of what they'd get for each other.. but it would be something I'd think that is just between the two of them.

Anyway back to the conversation...if the RF goes for cheap gifts, William should get her hair rollers. A girl with that kind of hair can't get enough hair products.
Also how many dogs does Kate have?

:previous:I think she has one that William gave her a few years ago; the infamous dog that swallowed a pearl earring that was a gift from William. I believed it was retrieved after doing its "business" several days later, but the pearl was ruined.:sad: Or perhaps Kate didn't want to wear it anymore because of its tour through the pup's digestive system!

Please note that all posts regarding the Queen disliking Kate have been deletd as off topic and speculative. In addition, they have Nothing to do with the Current Events of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Sorry Zonk, you are correct. But what about my question about Pippa? Was she able to spend Christmas with her sister after all? Last I heard she was going to be invited. Just curious.:flowers:

I'm guessing that the same tipster who said that Pippa was invited was also the one who leaked the story about the dog eating Kate's jewels. In other words, it wasn't a very reliable source.

We know that Pippa was not pictured walking with the family to church on Christmas Day. Since there are no pictures or first-hand accounts of the Boxing Day shooting party, we may never know if Pippa attended. But my guess is that, in light of the Duke of Edinburgh's illness, Pippa would have left the royal family alone to deal with the illness.

Pippa would not have attended on Christmas Day itself and it was always reported that she would only attend on Boxing day.

I dunno if Pippa was with Kate but apparently the Duke and Duchess will soon visit with the Middleton's
IkonPictures Niraj Tanna

I hear The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will also fly to Birkhall. Middleton family expected at Birkhall but not necessarily staying at BH.

Last edited:
:previous:If this is indeed the case I think that's great. Charles may indeed be redeeming himself in my view. This shows a certain thoughtfulness that is very nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom