Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 36m
The Earl and Countess will also visit a fete in Forteviot on the same day, tour stands displaying Strathearn wares. It's Strathearn day.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 39m
William and Kate will tour the Famous Grouse distillery on May 29. Should be a popular one!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 38m
The Earl and Countess of Strathearn will also unveil a plaque to dedicate the newly restored MacRosty Park as a Field in Trust in Crieff.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 39m
William and Kate, known as the Earl and Countess of Strathearn in Scotland, will meet young people at Strathearn Community Campus, Crieff.

Is this the first trip to Strathearn (excuse any spelling boo boos) for the Earl and Countess to where their Scottish title comes from? Regardless, going to be a fun day!!

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: 1 January 2014

It's their first visit to their title town. They have visited Scotland before: St Andrews before the wedding, Order of the Thistle service, last year they went to Glasgow to launch Coach Core in Scotland and tour the arena for the Commonwealth Games. Remember the dancing thistle mascot.

Not to mention numerous private visits .

This is basically the Scottish version of their trip to Cambridge. Eventually, they will probably make it to Carrickfergus in NI one day.

Last edited:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 18m
Buckingham Palace has finally confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will meet D Day veterans in Arromanches on June 6.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 16m
William and Kate will join veterans at a tea party in Arromanches before attending 70th anniversary commemorations at Gold Beach

Gosh, I wish I could meet the D-Day veterans. They will all be gone in just a few short years.

Aren't they going with the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla to Normandy? Or did I read that wrong/remember that wrong?

Aren't they going with the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla to Normandy? Or did I read that wrong/remember that wrong?

There are a large number of events covering the 5 beaches. Uk landings were at Sword, Juno and Gold. Us at Utah and Omaha.

the Canadians were with the Uk forces and so were the Free French.

Charles is undertaking a number of events, many connected with the Canadian military; HMQ is with Heads of State nand the load is being spread by W&K going to Arromanche. There are still mulberries in the harbour at Arromanche - its very moving.

Ive looked on the Royal website but the press release giving the details for the. Events isn't there yet.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 10h
Tomorrow, The Earl & Countess of Strathearn (William & Kate) will travel to Scotland to carry out engagements in Strathearn, Perth & Kinross

It's going to be good for everyone to get back to some decent news and great pictures. I wonder will there be any live feed and coverage of their Scottish visit?

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 12m
Will and Kate's engagements in Scotland run from morning to just before 3pm tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Please note that all discussion regarding a Cambridge pregnancy has been deleted as speculative.

British Royals @britishroyals · 1h
"I said 'George is beautiful & how is he doing?'. William said 'Thanks, he's very well, he's growing & he's a very good boy'. (Mirror)

"I said how beautiful Kate is and he (William) said 'yes, she is'." (Mirror)

British Royals @britishroyals · 15m
"@Learninglogs HRH Earl & Countess of Strathearn chatting to CPS pupils. So very lovely. They liked our new tartan pic.twitter.com/BuZ5bYk7h2"

British Royals @britishroyals · 51m
"@ianvogler Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Scotland http://mirror.co.uk pic.twitter.com/mj1AYk4WsC"

Kate wears stunning red Athena Jacquard coat during Scotland visit http://huff.to/1rj5gyJ via @HuffPostUKPics

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h
The Duchess of Cambridge with children in Scotland via @HuffPostUKPics http://huff.to/1rj5gyJ

She's a real Queen of Hearts! Elegant Duchess of Cambridge wows the Scots on her first walkabout since tour of Australia-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...make-official-appearance-Australian-tour.html

Last edited:
Live updates as Prince William and Kate Middleton brew their own whisky on distillery visit-
Live updates as Prince William and Kate Middleton brew their own whisky on distillery visit - Mirror Online

Catherine wore a celtic brooch given to her as a wedding present.

Reveal Magazine @RevealMag · 39m
The Duchess of Cambridge is in Scotland today looking fantastic and having lots of fun! See t… http://on.reveal.co.uk/1hBj0vq

Chloe Cambridge @RoyalsWithChloe · 57m
“@Royally_Kate: countess of strathearn #macrostypark pic.twitter.com/J8xGAikfd7

Pictures:
http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-earl-and-countess-of-strathearn.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
Martin @WindsorEditor · 2h
William and Kate will be back in Scotland in early July for the Order of the Thistle service this year with The Queen and other royals.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 2h
It looks like this year’s Thistle service will be on 3rd July, though this is yet to be confirmed.

Last edited:
:flowers:Catherine looked really great today in Scotland, I love her red coat with the stripes. She was really full of life and radiant and just happy. I am so glad to see her out and about with William.
Think William is more interested in flying that machine then anything, glad to see that he takes such an interest...this must be a passion of his. Sad that he had to quit the job in Wales, I think the company was sold. And :lol:George got a gift, a huge teddy bear with a kilt.....whoa...bet he is bigger then the teddy bear at this point!

Same old boring shoes! Diana's shoes were so classy!

It's nice to see William and Catherine (finally) out and about. They both looked like they were having a good time, and I like the photo of Catherine with the Rainbows.

He's been tipped for a new career as a pilot in the Royal Air Ambulance service, and today, Prince William appeared to confirm his new role after asking to be shown around a Scottish Air Ambulance helicopter during a visit to Scotland.
Arriving at the Strathearn Community College in the small town of Crieff with his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge in their first official engagement since the tour of Australia and New Zealand, the Duke made a beeline for the helicopter which was parked on the college playing field.
William, 31, had asked, through his office, to meet the crew, staff and charity trustees. 'He was really really keen,' said John Pritchard, lead paramedic on the helicopter. 'He was really keen to see how we work.'
Earlier this week, it emerged that the second in line the throne, who left his job as an RAF search and rescue pilot in September, is considering returning to flying as a career from this September, possibly as a helicopter pilot for the air ambulance service in East Anglia.

Prince William hints at new career in Air Ambulance service during a trip to Scotland | Mail Online

The Duke and Duchess have visited Scotland on their first joint engagement since returning from their tour of Australia and New Zealand.
The Duchess, 32, wore a knee-length coral and red striped coat by Scottish designer Jonathan Saunders over a red dress by Goat. She also wore beige heels and a Celtic broach, which was given to her as a wedding present.
The couple visited Strathearn – an area to which they have a special connection.

Video: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Perth and Kinross - Telegraph

With his ability to cling to walls and his superhuman strength, Spiderman is a hero of young children across the world.
And it seems Prince George is no exception.
The Duchess of Cambridge has disclosed that the Prince has a pair of Spiderman pyjamas at home – although they too big for him to wear at the moment.

Prince George's Spiderman pyjamas - Telegraph

Same old boring shoes! Diana's shoes were so classy!

LOL, for some reason Catherine and even The Queen like wearing certain shoes over and over again. I guess they have to be about comfort when it comes to shoes because they do a lot of walking and standing.

They both looked like they were really enjoying themselves. Can't wait till their next engagement.

HereditaryPrincess;1669487[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-william/10863011/Prince-Georges-Spiderman-pyjamas.html said:
Prince George's Spiderman pyjamas - Telegraph[/url]

Every little boy should grow up having heros and fantasies about grand adventures and I do have to agree that Spiderman fits that role nicely. But then again, I'm living with a boy of 65 that watches anything Superman.

I was heartened to read in this article about the paramedic for the Scottish Air Ambulance stating that they give a teddy bear to any child that they treat. Children especially are affected by trauma as sometimes they don't understand just what is happening to them and those around them. My hubby used to wear a clamp on koala bear on his stethoscope and carried small stuffed animals in his rescue bag for such occasions. It really helps to alleviate fears that might be affecting the child. It also makes me realize that William's passion for working in this kind of environment isn't all about the thrill of flying a helicopter (which I am almost positive that the thrill is definitely there), its also gives a glimpse into William's heart as its about being there and making a difference in someone's life.

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been in Scotland today. Known locally as The Early and Countess of Strathearn, their Royal Highnesses visited Strathearn Community Campus and then travelled to MacRosty Park where William unveiled a plaque. The couple then continued to the Famous Grouse Distillery before visiting Forteviot fete-
Home - ITNSource News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3c8pTTcf6w

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 33m
Kate told one couple today that her mum Carole keeps chickens that have been got to by a fox :-(

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 34m
Kate and William received a kilt for prince george today, William said he hopef he would keep his sticky fingers off

Last edited:
^^^ I was hoping that the prince she was referring to was William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom