Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Monday after next right?

Yes, that's correct.

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 3h
William and Kate will take part in a traditional Chinese ribbon cutting ceremony

Last edited:
William and Kate to visit Oxford University
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are set to visit Oxford on Monday, 8th of September, where they will formally open The Dickson Poon University of Oxford China Centre building.

The Dickson Poon University of Oxford China Centre is a new building, owned by St Hugh’s College of the University of Oxford. Made with the aim to bring together academics who share common interests related to China, the structure boasts 63 en-suite student bedrooms, a 100 seat lecture theatre, dining area and a range of conference and seminar facilities. It also has a library, dedicated to permanently house books from the Bodleian Library’s China Collection.

I have a feeling not all of us will like it but I did add the original blog link to the DOC fashion Thread and the Portrait thread, if only because I want to be able to find it again. The blog has several more drawings with the Queen. Some of us remember the artist from a series he did on The Disney Princesses depicted with physical challenges - it was touching.

My American cousin loves William and Kate. She travelled to England for their Royal Wedding and is pretty much an expert on all things Kate. She said to me one time, I didn't realise Kate was as global a person until I heard her name mentioned on Gossip Girl.

For younger people these pop culture references really bring it home.

Concocting a cocktail fit for our future king and queen (From thisisoxfordshire)
ROYALS fans in Oxford are counting down the days until Wills and Kate visit the city.
On Monday, September 8, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will officially open the new Dickson Poon China Centre at Oxford University’s St Hugh’s College.
Children from local schools will gather at the college in St Margaret’s Road, North Oxford, to present the couple with a posy of flowers.
And other royal fans around the city will be crowding the area outside the college in the hope of glimpsing the couple.

That may be the case, but they do look staged to me.

:previous: I don't like to see pictures like this, as delightful as they are. I just think, "If a camera can get that close, so can a gun.":ermm:

That may be the case, but they do look staged to me.

Do you mean you think that there is no way that Kate would be playing with her baby like that unless she thought she was being photographed? Looks like pretty standard (and cute) mommy/baby interaction to me.

There were stories that Lupo were given away. Mostly because the press is lazy and every time a Middleton is pictured with a black cocker spaniel it's always Lupo even though there are multiple Middleton cocker spaniels. Plus there was also a story that the Queen banned Lupo from Sandringham cause of the corgis.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

JB @Royal_beans · 2h
REMINDER: The Duke and The Duchess of Cambridge will open the Dickson Poon University of Oxford China Centre Building on Sep 8

:previous:

On Monday, 8 September, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will formally open the Dickson Poon University of Oxford China Centre Building in the grounds of St Hugh’s College. The University of Oxford has been regarded as Europe’s leading centre for the study of China for some time. The Centre now has a dedicated building bringing its academics with an interest in China under the same roof.

The royal couple will be met by members of staff, students and friends of St Hugh’s College before being taken on a tour of the new £21million China Centre Building. They will also be introduced to major donors including Hong Kong philanthropist, Mr Dickson Poon CBE.

Mr Poon, who contributed £10million to the new building, explained why he felt Oxford was the right place in the West for a new dedicated centre of scholarship on China. Mr Poon said: ‘I believe China will become an even more significant world force this century, requiring a deeper understanding by the West. Oxford already has a proud history in the study of China, and I was delighted to make this gift to help advance knowledge, collaboration and understanding in all aspects of Chinese culture.’

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will officially open the China Centre Building by joining others in a traditional Chinese ribbon-cutting ceremony in its courtyard garden.
St Hugh's College | The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to open the Dickson Poon University of Oxford China Centre Building

She is pregnant again... And of course she won't accompany William today

I knew it! Knew she was pregnant. From the last few photos when they were at king's cross

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom