Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would experience to Anne to attend and be present before the Yorks

Anne usually does attend and lay a wreath, as do the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex, in addition to the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales. The Dukes of Kent and Gloucester and Prince Michael also attend.

Dman said:
Since Charles & Camilla will be abroad during Remembrance Sunday, I wonder if the Cambridges will attend The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance?

Not according to the engagements list on either royal website.

Looking at the future diary's sections of the british monarchy and prince of wales sites, the prince of wales and his family are not listed very often on the monarchy's website but more on the prince of wales site but it isn't as detailed or up to date as the other site. For example, we know that Will and Kate are attending the St Andrews fundraiser on Nov 8, but it isn't listed on either site. So it almost seems for Will and Kate you have to wait for things to get closer to the event to see if them come.

I wonder if this is due to Will's flight schedule, I wonder how far in advance he knows when he on duty. They tend to group engagements together when he's off like they did a couple of weeks ago.

That's something that has bothered me, Skippyboo. The Cambridges official engagements aren't listed on the Official Monarchy Website. They are included in the Official Court Circular and their pictures on on the site but their Official engagements aren't listed in the Engagement List. I think William's SAR scheduel make things difficult too.

It seems that the Duchess of Cambridge and the Countess of Wessex have filled in quite nicely on a number of occasions when either the Prince of Wales, Duke of Cambridge or Earl of Wessex were otherwise engaged. Very refreshing to see the women of the family participating and representing the Queen.

I would like to see William and Kate attend the Festival of Remembrance at the RAH this year given that Charles and Camilla will be abroad. They'll have to start going some time and, since they'll likely be in London anyway for the Cenotaph the following day, it surely wouldn't put them out too much.

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry today become Patrons of 100 Women in Hedge Funds’ Philanthropic Initiatives

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
It's the second joint patronage for William, Kate and Harry after their charitable foundation and will be a huge fundraiser for good causes

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to become patrons of 100 Women in Hedge Funds’ philanthropic initiatives: Press Release-
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to become patrons of 100 Women in Hedge Funds

"Founded in 2001, 100WHF offers its members unique educational, professional and philanthropic opportunities, and will focus its UK philanthropy on three specially chosen charities, one for each year of the partnership.
The charities, Action on Addiction in 2013; WellChild in 2014; and The Art Room in 2015, are part of The Charities Forum of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, and reflect 100WHF’s three philanthropic themes: mentoring, women’s and family health, and education."

Last edited by a moderator:
Dman said:
"Founded in 2001, 100WHF offers its members unique educational, professional and philanthropic opportunities, and will focus its UK philanthropy on three specially chosen charities, one for each year of the partnership.
The charities, Action on Addiction in 2013; WellChild in 2014; and The Art Room in 2015, are part of The Charities Forum of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, and reflect 100WHF’s three philanthropic themes: mentoring, women’s and family health, and education."

Very exciting. They will do a lot of good, I believe.

The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry is an amazing organization.
The foundation will raise hundreds of millions over its lifetime.

The Special Protection Branch should be more on the ball than this.

What was this officer doing, playing with the gun? trying to figure how to use the gun?

I don't understand that either but there were reports that other guns of the same brand have discharged of their own as well. Maybe they were not properly cleaned, and I seem to recall these guns are very easy to discharge (that's whay a lot of criminals use them - but I know that only from crime fiction, so...) and need a lot of care to handle, but then they are extremely good guns.

BTW: I hope Catherine did not hear the shot as surely she would have been quite frightened, not knowing what goes on but realising that she is a first-class target.

It's not being comfirmed she was home at the time.

If the guns have a habit of going off by themselves, they need to get rid of those kind of guns.

Dman said:
It's not being comfirmed she was home at the time.

If the guns have a habit of going off by themselves, they need to get rid of those kind of guns.

Catherine was apparently 'near' the property when the gun went off.

Dang! When I first heard the story, I thought he was shooting at a photographer. But no such luck.

LOL! Thats funny Xenia. I love it but we couldnt get that lucky. I do think that it is odd the gun went off though. Do guns usually do that? That is kind of dangerous. Good thing Will and Cat were not there.

LOL! Thats funny Xenia. I love it but we couldnt get that lucky. I do think that it is odd the gun went off though. Do guns usually do that? That is kind of dangerous. Good thing Will and Cat were not there.

It is not an unusual thing, sadly. People think the chamber is empty when it is not, they think the gun is unloaded when it is not, that the safety is on when it is not. Plus, it's not unusual for law enforcement professionals to alter the trigger so that it is easier to pull. Many guns will fire if you simply drop them the wrong way. This is also the reason you hear so often about people shooting themselves in the thigh or foot - the gun is being grasped from its holster or randomly moved and - OOPS!

I have a relative who shot his vehicle by sliding his (he assumed unloaded) rifle in the case from the trunk. TWICE!:ohmy:

the police would not have been present at the house on protection duty unless there was someone to protect.

I have read all the reports available and William was on duty at RAF Valley and Catherine was not present at the SITE of the incident. My view on this is that she was in the house but not in the vehicle when the firearm was discharged.

Thats kind of dangerous though, especially within close range. Should someone check the guns to make sure they are in working condition? I would hate for a gun to fire out of the blue especially if someone is within close range, like the D and D. Not good.

Daria S, they make me smile too. I think they make such a great team.

The best Royal couple IMO. They seem to read each other's thoughts. Almost as if there is always some kind of private joke between them.
A great team indeed!

I would like to see William and Kate attend the Festival of Remembrance at the RAH this year given that Charles and Camilla will be abroad. They'll have to start going some time and, since they'll likely be in London anyway for the Cenotaph the following day, it surely wouldn't put them out too much.

That's something that has bothered me, Skippyboo. The Cambridges official engagements aren't listed on the Official Monarchy Website. They are included in the Official Court Circular and their pictures on on the site but their Official engagements aren't listed in the Engagement List. I think William's SAR scheduel make things difficult too.

It has been confirmed that we will not see William and Catherine at The Royal Albert Hall on Saturday. Nobody has said anything about Sunday.

It has been confirmed that we will not see William and Catherine at The Royal Albert Hall on Saturday. Nobody has said anything about Sunday.

Who confirmed the couple wont be at the RAH on Saturday?

Duke-of-Earl said:
Who confirmed the couple wont be at the RAH on Saturday?

Sky News 'tweeted' the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom