Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daria, why don´t you just take a look at the Maxima Current events? I´m sure you will find out what a princess "job" is there, better than I can tell. She does different engagements every day, sometimes more than one. You will find the difference astonishing. They are both married to the heir, and she´s been doing this for a decade, in another language, in another country. KM is running out excuses.

Maxima is the Crownprincess of Holland (since 10 years!!) and will be the next Queen of Holland - maybe in the near future!! But Catherine is only a Duchess and only since 2 years!! They have very different roles in their royal engagements, you should not compare it. I think, they make enough and good work for the royalhouse, when they will be once time the crownprince and crownprincess, they will have more to do...

No, the DoC is the wife of the heir TO THE HEIR. It is a big difference at this point with two generations ahead of William.

Also, if you look back to Maxima's first few years as P of Oranje, I don't think her schedule was as busy as it is now. She was eased into her role as Catherine has been into hers.

Anything else?

What part of Prince William is not the heir to the throne atm do you not understand? Of course Maxima is busy she is Crown Princess. Your dislike of Catherine is obvious and nothing she does can make her right. You love comparing apples to oranges do you not? If HM THE QUEEN of ENGLAND thought she should be doing more with her Grandson I am sure she would let them Know. She isn't Kate Middleton anymore either. :bang:

Completely agree with both of you. Catherine is NOT the Princess of Wales yet, so her workload is considerably lighter. No problems there. Crown Princesses do a lot more, because they're in direct lines to be consorts (or monarchs in the case of Victoria of Sweden), so that's why we see them more. Some people have issues understanding basic concepts, as well as the tendency to let their dislikes cloud their judgments.

When is Kate Middleton going to do some charity work?

'Kate Middleton' will not do any charity work (and has never done any), but 'Duchess of Cambridge' has done several engagements over the past several months with the charities of her choosing. I'm sure she'll do more after her tour, as well as in the new year, when the Jubilee hype is put to rest.

One other main point we have to remember then put the issue of Kate doing more or less as far as royal engagements is that in reality, its not up to her to decide how many she does or doesn't do. The Firm is a very structured, well oiled, smoothly running organization with duties and engagement planned sometimes years in advance. Kate herself cannot and does not choose one day that she wants to go visit the Lost Children orphanage and spend the day finger painting with them, dresses up and heads out on a whim of her own.

She is doing exactly what she is supposed to be doing in accordance with the structure of the Firm. They obviously aren't disappointed in her so why should we be?

While the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are away on tour of the Far East and Pacific Islands
it's an opportune time to close this thread at 50 pages and open a new one.

Part 4, commencing September 2012, can be found here.

:crown5:
. . . . . . . . . . :crown5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom