Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 2: February 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
9hsaiq.png

Coat of Arms of HRH The Duchess of Sussex

Welcome to The Duchess of Sussex's
Current Events, Part Two

Commencing February 24, 2019

The previous thread can be found here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

A Notice From The Moderating Team

The atmosphere in the Sussex forum these past few months has become untenable. Endless bickering, in-fighting, snarky comments directed at all and sundry, off-topic discussion -- not to mention the complete disregard for in-thread moderator warnings on multiple occasions.

This past week, it has all come to a head and the TRF Moderating Team has no desire to allow the Sussex forum to continue as it has been. It is untenable long-term, and makes browsing the Sussex forum an unsavoury experience for the larger portion of our membership base.

Why should members who follow the rules and contribute to a civil discussion be penalised when a thread is closed and they no longer have the option to discuss a topic that interests them because other members are unable to follow the rules and respect the opinions of others?

As such, several suspensions have been issued to the members often found involved in the above issues, in our attempt to return the Sussex forum to an atmosphere that is pleasant for our members.

Moving forward, we expect our members to act civilly, reasonably and responsibly. Those that do not, will find themselves facing a suspension.

Any posts that feature any of the below will be removed by a member of the moderating team:
  • Insulting comments directed towards the royals, other posters, the Markles or members of the media
  • Subtle - or not subtle - accusations of racism towards other posters or members of the media
  • Off-topic remarks
  • Aggressive tones
  • Agenda-driven posts
  • Bickering
  • Repetitive and circular discussion

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and as long as it does not break any of the TRF Rules and Guidelines and meets the above principles, it may be posted here.

Any and all issues are to be directed to the moderating team via private message.

On Friday 8th March The Duchess of Sussex will join a panel discussion convened by @QueensComTrust to mark #IWD2019

The event, hosted @KingsCollegeLon, will bring together a special panel of female thought-leaders and activists to discuss a range of issues affecting women today.

The Duchess of Sussex will be joined for this unique #IWD2019 panel by:

- @AnnieLennox, Founder of @TheCircleNGO
- Adwoa Aboah, Founder of @GurlsTalk
- @JuliaGillard, Chair of @GIWLkings
- Chrisann Jarrett, Founder of @LetUs_Learn
- Angeline Murimirwa, Executive Director @Camfed

(tweet1, tweet2)

This looks like a very interesting event, and great that Meghan is taking part. And an Aussie ex PM as a fellow panellist as well! Wonder whether any of this discussion will escape onto YouTube?

Happy to read notice of the rules….you are right to remind people of them

On Friday 8th March The Duchess of Sussex will join a panel discussion convened by @QueensComTrust to mark #IWD2019

The event, hosted @KingsCollegeLon, will bring together a special panel of female thought-leaders and activists to discuss a range of issues affecting women today.

The Duchess of Sussex will be joined for this unique #IWD2019 panel by:

- @AnnieLennox, Founder of @TheCircleNGO
- Adwoa Aboah, Founder of @GurlsTalk
- @JuliaGillard, Chair of @GIWLkings
- Chrisann Jarrett, Founder of @LetUs_Learn
- Angeline Murimirwa, Executive Director @Camfed

(tweet1, tweet2)

I am so all over this. I know personally the great work that both GurlsTalk and Camfed have done. I am looking forward to this and I wonder if this has anything to do with the meeting with Chatham House yesterday.

Maybe perhaps Chatham House Rules will apply if this forum will not be recorded or publicly aired.

What a great event, a lot of great organizations involved in the panel. And some extremely intelligent women who have done a lot in their field. It would be great to be in the audience of this forum. I hope there will be some video of it out there. It would be interesting to hear Meghan taking part in this.

The Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

The Duchess of Sussex will attend the One Young World Conference at The Albert Hall next week. Meghan joined OYW as a counsellor in 2014.

The Duchess is Vice-President of The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, which is partnering with One Young World this year to bring 53 young leaders from across the Commonwealth to attend the #OYW2019 Summit in London.

Her Royal Highness at the One Young World Summit 2019:

Great to see Meghan tonight. She looks like she's in her element!

I agree. Such a great event for her to be a part of.

Last edited:
Apparently, she's been involved with this organization for a while now. She looks great in that dress! The color is beautiful with her coloring, and her hair is gorgeous.

Yes, Meghan looked great and engaged and cheerful. I hope she had a fantastic evening, full of interest.

Good for Meghan for doing this engagement. I'm sure everyone there appreciated her appearance. If people were expecting her to duck out of this after the interview they were sadly mistaken. In the end no matter how she feels and expresses it she will do her job.

Another added bonus to this engagement is that she's not there solely because its her job or its something she's taken on as The Duchess of Sussex but its also been something she's been involved with before Harry was a twinkle in her eyes.

She looked fabulous.

How wonderful that Meghan is able to continue her involvement with this organization she is passionate about!

Saw the video. It’s pretty amazing contrasting her appearance 5 years ago to the reception she received tonight.

This thread is about Meghan’s charities. Comments about her clothes, work ethic and her relationship with the media/royal reporters have been deleted. Let’s stay on-topic, please. If you wish to discuss what Meghan wore to last night’s event, please take it to her fashion thread.

Court Circular 22nd October:
Buckingham Palace

The Duchess of Sussex this evening attended the opening ceremony of the One Young World Summit at the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London SW7.

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex will attend a round table with The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust and One Young World at Windsor Castle tomorrow. The topic of discussion will be on gender equality-

I am sure this will be a good event. The more Meghanfaces on her work, the less time she will have to worry about what is written about her, IMO!

I am sure this will be a good event. The more Meghanfaces on her work, the less time she will have to worry about what is written about her, IMO!

Ummm.... Meghan has been focused on her work the whole time she has been part of the BRF. That is why she has managed to deliver 3 solo projects and 3 overseas tours in 1.5 years.

That doesn't relieve the British media of their inappropriate behavior and coverage of Meghan.

That being said....the topic is such an important one globally and I can't wait to see how they discuss/address it.

I would like to see Meghan do some official engagements around Windsor. I think that would be nice, especially since Windsor is her residence now.

Yes, Dman, good idea, but also some varied engagements for both the Sussexes around England and maybe Scotland and Wales too. I hope they regularly visit Sussex for example in future years.

That would be nice indeed; and also given the fact she and Harry got married at St. George's. Even if they didn't live there Windsor would still be a special place to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom