Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: September 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
9hsaiq.png

Coat of Arms of HRH The Duchess of Sussex

Welcome to The Duchess of Sussex's
Current Events, Part One

Commencing September 17, 2018

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Meghan's first solo project involvement since joining the RF:

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
11m11 minutes ago
The Duchess of Sussex is supporting a new charity cookbook, 'Together: Our Community Cookbook', which celebrates the power of cooking to bring communities together. #CookTogether

Last summer, a group of women gathered in a communal kitchen at the Al Manaar Centre in West London, where they could prepare fresh food for their families, friends and neighbours #CookTogether

As they cooked together and shared recipes, as a community they began to connect, heal and look forward. Word spread and more women joined in – this was the start of the Hubb Community Kitchen. #CookTogether

The Duchess of Sussex first visited the kitchen in January, and has continued to make regular private visits. United by their passion for cooking as a way of strengthening communities, The Duchess was inspired by how the project empowers women at a grassroots level. #CookTogether

United by their passion for food and cooking as a way of strengthening communities, The Duchess of Sussex and the women of the Hubb Community Kitchen are pleased to share 'Together: Our Community Cookbook' #CookTogether

Profits from the sales of 'Together' will support the Hubb Community Kitchen, helping to keep it open for up to seven days a week and to widen its reach to others in the community #CookTogether: https://www.royalfoundation.com/project/together-cookbook/

Extract of Meghan's foreword in the cookbook - they are hoping to raise £250,000
"I immediately felt connected to this community kitchen; it is a place for women to laugh, grieve, cry and cook together. Melding cultural identities under a shared roof, it creates a space to feel a sense of normalcy – in its simplest form, the universal need to connect, nurture, and commune through food, through crisis or joy – something we can all relate to… Through this charitable endeavour, the proceeds will allow the kitchen to thrive and keep the global spirit of community alive."
https://www.royalfoundation.com/duchess-sussex-supports-cookbook-celebrating-community-kitchen/

Last edited:
Wonderful piece of news about the cookbook�� and the support for this community.

Omid Scobie @scobie
42m42 minutes ago
On September 20, Duchess Meghan will host an event at Kensington Palace to celebrate the launch of Together and join the Hubb women as they prepare their recipes and also help with the preparations, before (joined by Prince Harry) guests sit to enjoy the freshly prepared food.

I'm glad to hear about this event at KP. I hope to learn about more patronage for from Megan.

It will increase even more her popularity which is already very high I think !

Wow! What a nice surprise to wake up too! I guess she hasn’t been off for the summer as much as we thought! :lol:

I’m hoping this isn’t the last we hear about Meghan and doing something with cooking!

I was really happy to hear about her visiting the victims of Grenfell tower during the engagement. I suppose if we want to think about it, that was already a solo engagement, albeit privately.

Now I’m really happy! What a wonderful idea to actually offer practical help to the community!

Last edited by a moderator:
So good to hear that Meghan has been visiting these survivors privately for several months and that she has participated in the activities of the Hubb Community Kitchen. After that horrific tragedy how good it must have been for these women to prepare food and cook together! Excellent too that Meghan is completely behind this endeavour. Looking forward to seeing the event at KP.

Lovely initiative!

The foreward was lovely what she wrote for the cookbook. She did say she wanted to start out with small initiatives and grassroots causes. Meghan is very much a doer, which I greatly appreciate.

Great initiative and a strong fit with Meghan's passions - food, empowering women, supporting underrepresented communities. Plus, this foreword is a sneaky Tig post if I ever saw one. :lol:

The stories about her family and the role food played in her own life were refreshingly personal. I can now picture her and Harry eating greens, black-eyed peas, and cornbread for New Year's and I'm delighted and ? laughing at the same time. I noticed she left out the chitterlings which is probably for the best for Harry's sake but would've had me down for the count.

Hope we get to see coverage of the dinner event on the 20th.

OMG, the food looks incredible! What a wonderful initiative of bringing these ladies together to share recipes and their stories. I’m pleased that some of the recipes from the cookbook has been shared on the DM site.

Folks were wondering when Meghan’s first official solo engagement would take place. Now it’s here. And it’s for something she care about; food and the families affected by the Grenfell Tower Fire.

This is amazing!

Wow! I love this. Meghan combined her passions into a heartfelt project. So nice read and hear of words again. I missed it. Also love hearing from these extraordinary women. How proud they must feel right now. Definitely ordering a couple of these for the family.

Pre order here: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/Together/?utm_source=Direct

Already pre-ordered on Amazon. KP sent me on a bit of a wild goose chase with the #cooktogether.

This could easily develope into a major initiative. They are asking people to share stories of community coming together through cooking. It’s a universal language.

What a fantastic idea. I think she really did her homework on initiatives she wanted to get involved in. It has her stamp all over it, and that's refreshing to see.

I guess its fair to say that with this initiative, Meghan is a "lady that lunches" but with a purpose. :D

This has been something that has been in the works for a while and a good example of how things are done behind the scenes a lot of the time. Because something horrendous happened at Grenfell Tower, it created a need for people to pull together, comfort each other and for some, just finding their daily bread was a task. These people banded together, supported each other, fed each other and became a support community with a need.

I am hoping that this cookbook flies off the shelves as fast as some of Meghan's outfits do. This is what being a senior working royal is all about. Meghan saw a need and found a delightful way to not only raise money for the Hubb but to also install a sense of pride and accomplishment in physically producing something for the good of all.

It doesn't get much better than this.

I’m ready to dig in that Coconut Chicken Curry right now. I will order this cookbook.

Wow! What a nice surprise to wake up too! I guess she hasn’t been off for the summer as much as we thought! :lol:

I’m hoping this isn’t the last we hear about Meghan and doing something with cooking!

I know - I saw it on twitter and came right over! I watched the video and thought that it was the perfect thing for Meghan to do! And the idea that it was her idea to just do a cookbook - she realized they didn't have enough funding and this was a way to get it. Brilliant.

If you go through the threads on twitter you can find the tweet with a link to buy it on Amazon (are we allowed to post that here)?

I'm totally preordering that.

Also - the foreward by Meghan sounds like you're reading the Tig. I had a small emotional moment over that. And I LOVE that she narrates the video.

She started this in JANUARY! I mean - she was producing and making an impact before she officially became a royal. I mean we already knew she was doing her own work beforehand... man - she hit the ground RUNNING. The BRF must LOVE HER. Forget her clothes - wow - she's killing it!

Omid Scobie @scobie
42m42 minutes ago
On September 20, Duchess Meghan will host an event at Kensington Palace to celebrate the launch of Together and join the Hubb women as they prepare their recipes and also help with the preparations, before (joined by Prince Harry) guests sit to enjoy the freshly prepared food.

OMG - *faints*.

I love this.

What a perfect initiative for Meghan to start off with. She's been working on this since January. Dang! She got married, did a ton of events AND is putting out a cookbook with the women from Grenfell Towers. Wow.

What a year. I'm still in the best year of my life professionally but Meghan still blew me out of the water, lol. Sheesh, lol.

Just pre-ordered 3 copies lol. I have some friends who are major fans of the Duchess (one going way back to beginning of Suits) who will be getting this as birthday presents soon! Plus my own copy.

Absolutely thrilled by this. The perfect first project for our Duchess focused on women of color, cultural exchange and using food as a balm during tragedy. Weighty but uplifting.

I just saw the video on Facebook. What a wonderful initiative :flowers:

Happy to see Meghan found an initiative which suits her so well. Food, empowering women and minimalists groups. You definitely feel her connection to it in her forward. Great start to her royal work.

I love the event at KP. Such a great idea to promote it.

Meghan has definitely been busy behind the scenes. I have often thought books were a great idea for royals to raise money.

I will be preordering a copy for my mom and sister for Christmas.

I know - I saw it on twitter and came right over! I watched the video and thought that it was the perfect thing for Meghan to do! And the idea that it was her idea to just do a cookbook - she realized they didn't have enough funding and this was a way to get it. Brilliant.

If you go through the threads on twitter you can find the tweet with a link to buy it on Amazon (are we allowed to post that here)?

I'm totally preordering that.

Also - the foreward by Meghan sounds like you're reading the Tig. I had a small emotional moment over that. And I LOVE that she narrates the video.

She started this in JANUARY! I mean - she was producing and making an impact before she officially became a royal. I mean we already knew she was doing her own work beforehand... man - she hit the ground RUNNING. The BRF must LOVE HER. Forget her clothes - wow - she's killing it!

I cannot wait to see how The Crown depicts the DoS era, lol. Fergie she is NOT. I'm so proud.

Hi FashionMaven! I see it takes a Meghan project to get you out of hiding. :lol:

Already ahead of you. :lol: It's been pre-ordered. Make sure you search for the title and not Cook Together. That's just a hashtag. :lol:

But you are absolutely right! The foreword read like The Tig to me! This project cannot be anymore Meghan.

Last edited:
From what I'm seeing, this cookbook is going to sell out the first edition printing before its officially released due to everyone wanting to jump on a copy in advance. :D

As a guy, the thing I would ask is why have no men contributed to the cookbook. Why no pictures of men preparing food. It seems very stereotypical. Women in the kitchen kind of thing.

This is perfect in time for the Holiday season! as a lover of cookbooks the pictures look amazing! I will definitely purchase a copy.

There's nothing like comfort food to help bring a community together and to help bring normality back into their lives after such a tragedy.
DM says Meghan wrote the Forward for the book. Yes she has been busy. The food looks delicious too.

Jessica, Serena and Misha Nonoo all posted about the book. Very sweet seeing her friends supporting her like that. Also this video shows more interviews with the Hubb Community leaders and more behind the scene footage of Meghan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom