British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Earl of Wessex has told of how he encouraged a Duke of Edinburgh's Award participant to take up pole dancing, during a service of thanksgiving to celebrate the award's diamond anniversary.

Edward, who joined his parents the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh for the celebration at Westminster Abbey, said he was having lunch with a group of Gold Award participants when one girl told him she really wanted to learn pole dancing.

He told the congregation that it "seemed to me at the time, if that's what this young person wanted to do, then why not?"

"So I told her to go for it; isn't that what the Duke of Edinburgh's Award is all about?"
Read more: Earl tells Award celebration church service of participant's pole dancing - BT

Nice to see the DoE being celebrated in such a fine way. I have just watched a video of Edward's speech at the service and it was very good. He paid tribute to Philip at the end which was lovely. Also noticed when Edward sat back down Sophie reached over and squeezed his hand. :) :kiss:

Do we know when the Diplomatic Reception is this year?

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall walked to Church from Sandringham House this morning. Princess Alexandra joined them on the walk back but not before she had stopped at the steps to the Lych Gate and had her boot laces re-tied by the Rev Canon Jonathan Riviere who knelt down as she put her foot on the bottom step. All stopped and chatted to the few spectators who had gathered to see them.
The British Royals Message Board: This morning at Sandringham Church

Any pictures of the arrivals as BP yet?

previous.gif
Close up

WhatKateWore.com ‏@WhatKateWore The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara for tonight's reception at Buckingham Palace. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzLjOqKXEAA0Goq.jpg

Rookie ‏@royalfocus1 Duchess of Cambridge arrives at #BuckinghamPalace for a diplomatic reception #Royals #Tiara https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzLk7r9XUAAVIUQ.jpg

Rookie Prince Charles and Camilla Duchess of Cornwall arrive at #BuckinghamPalace for the annual diplomatic reception #Royals https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzLl1osWEAAQso5.jpg

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling It's Tiara Time! Kate arrives for the Queen's Diplomatic Reception this evening #Kate #Tiara #Royal https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzLnG-WXgAAZ-ms.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting that the Palace seems to have relaesed an official pic with the senior Royals. Something new.

Awww that's nice !
Camilla looks great but let's say a bit boring. Same official attire again and again.

I thank God that Buckingham Palace has woken up and have released an official picture for this grand event. They should've been doing this long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see a photo released, although I have to say I did chuckle when I saw the lower half of the men...

I see no problem with Catherine not receiving the RFO. She will receive the RFO of both Charles and William so she will never be short of them.

I am glad they released a picture of the 6 royals. You never know if this time next, everyone will be still here.

Grand Cross of Royal Victoria Order. That's the only one she has for the UK

I'm happy to see the release of the group picture and have to say this is the first time I've actually noticed the men's garters. They look kind of odd but I guess they've been wearing them for a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't help thinking P William looks a little sheepish in his full formal garb. Great that the Palace issued a picture; always good to see Royals looking, well, Royal!

What do the men have around their left leg?
Also isn't Catherine not looking her usual self. I guess the hair is rather flat at the front

i am hoping the photo release becomes a regular occurrence now! :)

great to see kate recycling that beautiful red dress - it is dreamy. (not that kate ever disappoints in gala!)

how come all men wear their sashes on the same side, yet camilla and the queen wear them on different arms? and indeed, what are the things on the men's legs? sad about kate not having any orders to sport though. we shall hope she gets one soon. everyone seems to be covered in regalia, but not kate, so it makes it stand out.

Last edited:
What do the men have around their left leg?
Also isn't Catherine not looking her usual self. I guess the hair is rather flat at the front

The garter that is part of the regalia of the Order of Garter. We normally don't see it because normally they wear long trousers rather than breeches.

i am hoping the photo release becomes a regular occurrence now! :)

great to see kate recycling that beautiful red dress - it is dreamy. (not that kate ever disappoints in gala!)

how come all men wear their sashes on the same side, yet camilla and the queen wear them on different arms? and indeed, what are the things on the men's legs? sad about kate not having any orders to sport though. we shall hope she gets one soon. everyone seems to be covered in regalia, but not kate, so it makes it stand out.

The Queen and all the Men are wearing the Order of the Garter - worn on the left shoulder

The men are wearing Formal Court Dress - white tie and knee breeches. The Garter is worn at the left knee. TRaditionally the Female members of the Garter wear it on their left arm, above the elbow.

It takes years for the Queen to give the Garter to anyone. william got it fairly early because the 1000 member was coming up so HMQ wanted it to be him (very symbolic).

CAmilla is wearing Sash of the Royal Victorian Order and ahe is wearing it correctly on the right shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom