British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if she wants a job in Finance then Switzerland is the place to go!

I actually admire her pluck for going on a 4th vacation in 6 weeks. I love when royals thumb their noses at the media. ha ha

She's a private citizen; she can spend her time leisurely if she wants.

Also, I like how close Harry is to the Yorks. He seems closer to them than to his immediate family. He's like Andrew's and Fergie's third child. It's sweet.

Also, I like how close Harry is to the Yorks. He seems closer to them than to his immediate family. He's like Andrew's and Fergie's third child. It's sweet.

Harry is very close to both his father and brother, and to Kate.

I've just realised, I can't remember the last time William and Catherine went skiing, in fact I don't remember them skiing at all! Obviously with a toddler and a baby on the way we wouldn't see them, but I have I missed something?
ETA, ok I think they last went back in 2012!

I actually admire her pluck for going on a 4th vacation in 6 weeks. I love when royals thumb their noses at the media. ha ha

She's a private citizen; she can spend her time leisurely if she wants.

Like Andrew and Fergie's third child ? Golly I hope not aghhhh

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Like Andrew and Fergie's third child ? Golly I hope not aghhhh

He is a redhead....:p

Not much wrong with Beatrice skiing now as alot of people going skiing during this time of year. Its also not that expensive for Beatrice now her dad owns a place out there. All she will be doing is paying for flights and ski pass. She is a free citizen anyway, even if her sister works more. It's ski season now with the royals anyway. Edward and Sophie have nothing on as its their kids half term and they will likely be skiing in St Moritz, as they do every year. Its the time of year for it.

Last edited:
Andrew has always been a keen amateur photographer. He might have learnt some skills from Snowden or the other famous photographer in the family, Lord Lichfield.

If he did, none of them are evident in this most recent photo. Anyone with a half-decent entry level DSLR camera could have taken that one using automatic settings.

Another holiday then for Beatrice and she wants us to take her seriously. If she was genuinely looking for a job she would be in London looking - or is she hoping to get a job in Switzerland now?

Well she's got a house in Switzerland now, so maybe she is planning on basing herself there.

This could be it.

Yep, they can be entertaining when they do that. The apparently sweet-dispositioned princess may have a hitherto-hidden defiant streak.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is also very possible that they're all convening together to celebrate Andrew's 55th birthday on the 19th. Sometimes schedules can't all mesh together for the actual date so they plan close to the birth date.

The Yorks and Harry have celebrated Andrew's birthday regularly at this time of the year. A couple of years ago Cressida also joined them. Harry is the only royal who ever seems to be seen these days with the York's when The Queen isn't around. He regularly parties at the same place as the girls whereas William and Kate are rarely seen in public with any other royals except, when the Queen is present.

I am no longer sold on William being that close to his royal relatives at all - he spends most of his time now with his in-laws.

I am no longer sold on William being that close to his royal relatives at all - he spends most of his time now with his in-laws.

I do think that Harry is very close with his father and his brother and Kate but I think marriage has changed a bit on how they interact with each other. Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie are still single and dash off to parties and weekends. William has graduated into the young marrieds with diapers, Tommy the Train and play dates. Its the way things happen I think. I went from nightclubbing and parties to card games being interrupted by a infant that needs a diaper change or a bottle or whatnot. :D

:previous: Well given the change in situation, namely that William is now a married man with a child, I would not be surprised to see him spending more time with Zara and Peter and at gatherings that seems to be a trend.

As to holidays, I think William has inherited his love of the sun from his mum and the fact that his wife's family annually holiday in the sun is really fortuitous. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a photo of William and Harry on the slopes.

Harry has always loved spending time with his cousins and they all still mix together and invariably meet up in Verbier. Harry seems to make a point to be there for his uncle Andy's birthday so I guess he must get along well with Sarah as well. Either way it seems to be an annual ritual that he keeps if he can.

But bottom line, Harry seems to be more of a diehard skier than a sun worshipper and with his red hair I can understand that!

Harry is very close to both his father and brother, and to Kate.

If you say so. I think it's weird Harry has never attended any of Catherine's birthdays nor has she attended any of his. The media got so desperate for a connection that they fabricated a story that she planned his 30th, only for that story to fall flat on it's face.

He also rarely attends William's birthdays - maybe once every five years.

Yet he never misses Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie's birthdays! (Unless he's out of country for the army.)

He spends way more time with the Yorks than with Charles - at least in public. I doubt that there is much going on in private as Charles comes off as a somber workaholic and Harry's all about being merry.

He's definitely closer to the Yorks than his other cousins. I remember in June 2012 when Eugenie did her 100 km charity bike race, Harry moaned on her donation page that he wished he could be there to cheer her on but he was stuck at a family obligation (that obligation was Emily McCorquodale's wedding). lol

I think Harry is extremely close to the Yorks. I think he has a so-so relationship with Charles, and the Cambridges. And I think he is distant with the Spencer side. Just my opinion of course.

Is that a problem? That's actually a very good thing to have when you're royal. Why should she care?

Not a problem but I would have thought the Queen would care about her people and how she is viewed IMO

Andrew is Harry's godfather and it seems he gets on well with the whole York family. They did always see alot of each other growing up as Diana and Sarah were close (most of the time). And I guess as those cousins closest in age to Harry and yet still unmarried and without children its inevitable in a way Harry will get closer to them while a bit more distance grows between Harry and William and Harry and Zara and Peter as the older cousins start families.

Not a problem but I would have thought the Queen would care about her people and how she is viewed IMO

What's people's view of The Queen got to do with how Beatrice is viewed?

DailyMail does not speak the voice of an entire nation.

What's people's view of The Queen got to do with how Beatrice is viewed?

DailyMail does not speak the voice of an entire nation.

If I got a dollar for every time the daily mail is mention here I wouldn't be going to work on Monday.
So it's pretty important to some people

She has cared about her people for over 63 years, but it wasn't the Queen she meant. Lumutqueen answered a post you wrote about Beatrix.

Iluvbertie wrote.

Another holiday then for Beatrice and she wants us to take her seriously. If she was genuinely looking for a job she would be in London looking - or is she hoping to get a job in Switzerland now?

You replied.

It's a joke she doesn't want to work and she doesn't care what anyone thinks.

Lumutqueen replied.

Is that a problem? That's actually a very good thing to have when you're royal. Why should she care?

If you say so. I think it's weird Harry has never attended any of Catherine's birthdays nor has she attended any of his. The media got so desperate for a connection that they fabricated a story that she planned his 30th, only for that story to fall flat on it's face.

Yet he never misses Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie's birthdays! (Unless he's out of country for the army.)

He spends way more time with the Yorks than with Charles - at least in public. I doubt that there is much going on in private as Charles comes off as a somber workaholic and Harry's all about being merry.

He's definitely closer to the Yorks than his other cousins. I remember in June 2012 when Eugenie did her 100 km charity bike race, Harry moaned on her donation page that he wished he could be there to cheer her on but he was stuck at a family obligation (that obligation was Emily McCorquodale's wedding). lol

I think Harry is extremely close to the Yorks. I think he has a so-so relationship with Charles, and the Cambridges. And I think he is distant with the Spencer side. Just my opinion of course.
This annoys me. Just because we don't have pictures...... Harry lives on the grounds on KP. He can see William and Kate and George easily without photos. We know William and Kate like to celebrate with private dinners now, who are we to say that Harry isn't there or that he didn't have lunch with them some days before. He himself has talked about George at bath time. If he had only been there rarely for a curtsy visit I doubt he would have been present at bath time. As to Charles, we didn't know that William and George shows up at sundays before we were told. Just as people didn't know Diana made secret charity visits before she died. We don't know things before we are told or have pictures. I think it is not enough evidence afforded to us to say they are not close. But as others say, ofc they don't hang out the same anymore. William is in the domestic home life daddy life now while Harry is still the single party boy. Doesn't have to be more than that....

I'm relieved that Cressida was nowhere to be seen, especially she was not arounf Harry!:lol:.

I rembember that William and Harry used to go skiing with the york sisters when they were younger but now William has a family, plus he has just returned from a 2 week vacation in the carribean:whistling:. I don't get the fuss about Harry not wanting to spend time with W&K. As far as I can see from the public outings he seems to get along with Kate too! They usually joke and smile at each others!

Harry is very close to his father, brother and sister-in-law. Harry lives in Kensington Palace, so he see the Cambridge's all of the time. The royals run on different schedules and they meet up at different times, most of that time in behind closed doors and we don't get to see it. That's their private family time.

Also, William has his own family now. It's very natural for things to change now that he's married, have a son and another baby on the way. This same change has happened to Peter and Zara. We don't see Peter much because the man is at home with his wife and two daughters.

It's not about, their not close anymore, but they are busy with their own lives.

If you say so. I think it's weird Harry has never attended any of Catherine's birthdays nor has she attended any of his.

How would we know? None of these birthdays are public events. Ever so often some utter twaddle gets reported in the tabloids, but that is it.

That's quite a conclusion. Are there any sources that helped you get to the conclusion?

This annoys me. Just because we don't have pictures...... Harry lives on the grounds on KP. He can see William and Kate and George easily without photos. We know William and Kate like to celebrate with private dinners now, who are we to say that Harry isn't there or that he didn't have lunch with them some days before. He himself has talked about George at bath time. If he had only been there rarely for a curtsy visit I doubt he would have been present at bath time. As to Charles, we didn't know that William and George shows up at sundays before we were told. Just as people didn't know Diana made secret charity visits before she died. We don't know things before we are told or have pictures. I think it is not enough evidence afforded to us to say they are not close. But as others say, ofc they don't hang out the same anymore. William is in the domestic home life daddy life now while Harry is still the single party boy. Doesn't have to be more than that....

If pictorial evidence mean nothing to you - Do you then believe Harry is just as close to his maternal cousins as he is to the Yorks? Do you believe he is just as close to Anne and Edward as he is to Andrew?

More importantly why did Harry say he was looking forward to getting to know Catherine during his brother's engagement? I can't imagine Eugenie implying she doesn't know Dave Clark, her sister's boyfriend of 9 years. Then again Harry and Catherine never bothered to attend each other's birthday parties during the courtship years (2002-2010) and after, so maybe he was being honest when he implied she was unfamiliar to him.

You don't think it's strange that he always went to Isabella Branson and Sam Branson's birthday parties while he was dating Cressida, yet he never went to Catherine's and rarely went to William's, even back in the day when they celebrated at nightclubs and restaurants? To me it says a lot. I don't think they were ever that close. It has nothing to do with George or the new baby driving them apart.

I see three separate units: 1. Harry and the Yorks 2. William and the Middletons 3. Charles and Camilla's family

They all seem happy in their own orbits. I don't know why their fans try to paint the Wales family as the modern day Leave it to Beaver. Having a so-so relationship with your immediate family doesn't make you a bad person, it doesn't mean you don't love them, it just means you would rather spend your time with other people. Let them holiday with their favorite people in peace.

When did William, Harry or Kate ever have a semi public birthday party to attend? They stopped doing the big parties at Windsor a while ago. We have never seen William out on his birthday and only have seen photos of W&K plus her family at Cirque de Soilel that one year.

Harry moved to KP from Clarence House, shares a staff with the Cambridges, shares a Royal Foundation and has done several engagements with his brother & sister in law. All of this, he didn't have to do. He could have stayed at CH and let his father's office handle his engagements.

If pictorial evidence mean nothing to you - Do you then believe Harry is just as close to his maternal cousins as he is to the Yorks? Do you believe he is just as close to Anne and Edward as he is to Andrew?

More importantly why did Harry say he was looking forward to getting to know Catherine during his brother's engagement? I can't imagine Eugenie implying she doesn't know Dave Clark, her sister's boyfriend of 9 years. Then again Harry and Catherine never bothered to attend each other's birthday parties during the courtship years (2002-2010) and after, so maybe he was being honest when he implied she was unfamiliar to him.

You don't think it's strange that he always went to Isabella Branson and Sam Branson's birthday parties while he was dating Cressida, yet he never went to Catherine's and rarely went to William's, even back in the day when they celebrated at nightclubs and restaurants? To me it says a lot. I don't think they were ever that close. It has nothing to do with George or the new baby driving them apart.

I see three separate units: 1. Harry and the Yorks 2. William and the Middletons 3. Charles and Camilla's family

They all seem happy in their own orbits. I don't know why their fans try to paint the Wales family as the modern day Leave it to Beaver. Having a so-so relationship with your immediate family doesn't make you a bad person, it doesn't mean you don't love them, it just means you would rather spend your time with other people. Let them holiday with their favorite people in peace.
I never said anything about the cousins....

Since Harry was in military and William and Kate at college, they probably didn't spend that much time together. They knew each other, but "getting to KNOW someone" is a different thing.. That doesn't mean something.

As Skippyboo said, they don't have public birthday parties so we don't know one way or another.

I'm not saying they are super close. But none of us have evidence that they aren't close..

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

When the engagement was announced for W&K, William and Harry didn't see that much of each other in the years prior. When William is at St Andrews, Harry is at Eton and on his gap year. William is 6 months behind Harry at Sandringham and the tank command course. Harry goes to Afghanistan. William does stints in the Raf and Navy and then switches to begin SAR training where the brothers share a house while Harry also starts flight training. Wills goes to Wales and Harry goes to Apache school and is posted at an base in Suffolk. When is Harry supposed to develop a relationship with his brother's girlfriend?

Also as just a girlfriend Kate isn't going to family events that she now goes to as a wife, but the 2 events that she goes to William's Garter induction and Peter Philips' wedding, she is pictured happily interacting with Harry.

Last edited:
Harry and Catherine are very close. He's even called her his "sister" because be thinks of her as his big sister. They've known each other for a long time.

I think this forum is way off topic now, lol.

Harry and Catherine are very close. He's even called her his "sister" because be thinks of her as his big sister. They've known each other for a long time.

I think this forum is way off topic now, lol.

It's not off topic. We are discussing Harry's preference to vacation with the Yorks over his own family. Some people are aghast at the idea that Harry could be closer to Andrew/Beatrice/Eugenie than Charles/William/Catherine. To me it's seems pretty obvious and I don't think it's dire news for the Wales family.

Next month it will be 10 years since Harry has vacationed with his brother or father. Thee horror!

Oh, yes his "sister". lol Btw, Harry also sings Camilla's praises, but I don't think he is all that close to her. I still laugh that the royal reporters were shocked and appalled that William and Harry didn't attend Mark Shand's funeral. Why would they?

In 2013 Harry and his then GF (cousin Eugenie's good friend Cressida) joined his godfather's family for their annual Verbier ski trip.
In 2015 Harry joined his cousins Beatrice and Eugenie for a Verbier ski trip.
Can someone please list all of these other vacations that Harry has joined the York's on? I don't remember any - but I'm getting old and perhaps have forgotten.

Didn't Will and Harry go hunting in Spain a couple of years ago? Didn't they also do some bike trip together?

Play nice. We have no way of knowing how any of them "feel" and we are all just expressing opinions. Calm down. This all works so much better when we agree that we are nowhere near persuasive enough that we change one another's minds all that often. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom