British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Hunt@BBCPeterHunt
On 17th Feb, the Queen and Kate will host a reception at Buckingham Palace for the dramatic arts. Guests will include actors and directors.

British Royals@britishroyals
Feb 17: Queen & Kate will host a reception for the @royalacademy at Buckingham Palace to mark 6 decades of HM as patron...

British Royals@britishroyals
Previously mentioned attendees/performers to meet the Queen & Kate on Feb 17 are Helen Mirren, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alan Rickman, etc...

It is very nice to see the Duchess back on duty again after the winter break. But to emphasise it in a right way, I think it is the Queen & the Duke of Edinburgh are the hosts of the reception, while the Duchess is only playing supporting role for them.

JB ‏@Royal_beans 34m
The Duke of Cambridge and The Prince of Wales will release a joint video message discussing the illegal wildlife trade on Feb 9 #royal

Last edited:
Nice video but I had a chuckle in watching Charles & William tackle the phrase "Let's unite for wildlife" in different languages-

Unite for wildlife - YouTube

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 3m
Prince Harry will now join Prince Charles and Prince William at London Conference on Illegal Wildlife Trade at Lancaster House this morning

Video:
Prince Charles's has given a major speech at a conference of world leaders gathered to tackle the threat to endangered animals like tigers, elephants and rhinos. With his sons the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry by his side, the Prince told the summit that the scale of the poaching crisis had reached "unimaginable heights" in certain countries, and there was "not a moment to lose" to safeguard threatened species-
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
TRH's The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry attends the Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference at Lancaster House in London-
Search - Getty Images : Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference at Lancaster House in London on February 13, 2014

'Follow the money!' Prince Charles joins sons William and Harry to tell world leaders to target the illegal profits made by organised gangs involved in animal poaching-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...organised-gangs-involved-animal-poaching.html

Last edited:
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 3m
Prince Harry will now join Prince Charles and Prince William at London Conference on Illegal Wildlife Trade at Lancaster House this morning

i dont think Harry was originally listed as attending, but I like seeing the three together :flowers:

Follow the Money! That's fairly bold - the people hiding under these rocks might be a surprise. Well said, sir!

ITV News ‏@itvnews 2h
Princes William and Harry filmed helping with sandbags in flooded Datchet http://itv.co/1drED2D pic.twitter.com/iPifq9CjqG

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 1h
Video: Prince William & Prince Harry in an unnanounced visit to flood-hit Datchet, helping with sandbags https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyKKpWlkBzo …

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 40m
Video: 'Come & help instead of throwing cameras around' says William #UKFlooding http://itv.co/1jfXNJ7 via @itvnews pic.twitter.com/O1wda8KgJB

Pictures:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry help with flood defences around a school on February 14, 2014-
Search - Getty Images : Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry help with flood defences around a school on February 14, 2014

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Princes William and Harry have been helping the Household Cavalry shift sandbags for flood victims at Datchet, Berkshire, since 6am today.

Videos:
The Duke of Cambridge and his brother Prince Harry joined colleagues from the armed forces in helping with the supply of sandbags to defend Berkshire-
Home - ITNSource News

William and Harry have been working since 6am in Datchet, Berkshire, and are thought to have been helping homeowners protect their properties with sandbags. The brothers have longstanding careers in the military and Harry is still a serving officer with the Household Cavalry, who have been tasked to help out with flood relief-
Home - ITNSource News

Some exclusive pics of Princes Harry and Will at Datchet Golf Club this morn... pic.twitter.com/GPl15Igh3k

Last edited:
I am very proud of William and Harry and our service men and women who are helping out like this. The Queen has sent food and bedding to help the farmers with their animals.
No sign of any of our elected representatives getting their feet wet - a very poor show indeed!

Well done, the Princes.
(My sympathy to those affected by this ongoing flooding.)

It's nice that the royals are concerned about the floods. Someone on another forum said something like "when the government fails, the royals step in", and I agree with them. (The public are angry because the government have done little to nothing to help those living in flood effected areas.) It's lovely to see William and Harry helping the public by supplying sandbags.

It is very nice that members of the royal family are showing their support for the people who are affected by the floods.

It is very nice that members of the royal family are showing their support for the people who are affected by the floods.

I really liked William's nudge to the paps to put down the cameras and join in and actually do something to help. I wonder if they did.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 7h
I'm at Buckingham Palace tonight as the Queen hosts a reception, aided by the Duchess of Cambridge, to celebrate the dramatic arts....

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6h
should be fabulous pix not least because the Queen will be meeting, well, the Queen aka Helen Mirren. Also present Uma Thurman and Jude Law

Are other royals going to be there? Aka the Kents or Gloucesters?

Are other royals going to be there? Aka the Kents or Gloucesters?

No mention of anyone else on the Royal website but who knows!

Dress code is lounge suits so not a night for bling, I think.

Update - other royal attending is Prince Michael of Kent

Here is the programme for the evening from British Monarchy twitter
Instagram

The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a red Alexander McQueen dress at a Buckingham Palace reception tonight for stage and screen stars.
The Queen is currently meeting ten hand picked stars in the White Drawing Room at Buckingham Palace including Dame Angela Lansbury
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2m Duchess of Cambridge in red McQueen "@HRH_KLynch #Kate being driven into BP tonight pic.twitter.com/M2vqALUSdC"

Last edited:
@JordonLee: Duchess of Cambridge is wearing her hair down and in a red Alexander McQueen dress. Possible the dress she wore for Diamond Jubilee River.

@HRH_KLynch: #Kate being driven into BP tonight http://t.co/8GcgltQDee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom