British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles, Camilla, Edward and Sophie are also attending.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall and the Earl and Countess of Wessex will also attend the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 2m
Prince Philip hosted the Senior Colonels’ conference at Buckingham Palace this evening ahead of tomorrow’s birthday parade.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 1m
The Duke of Edinburgh was joined by Prince Charles, Prince William, the Duke of Kent, Princess Anne, Prince Edward & the non-royal colonels.

The Prince of Wales stepped back in time when he met a group of Red Cross 'nurses'.
Prince Charles joked with the women dressed in vintage nurses' uniforms - all modern day volunteers with the humanitarian organisation - who had joined thousands of guests at a Buckingham Palace garden party.
The event was held to mark the work of the Red Cross over more than 150 years and its efforts 100 years ago during the First World War. Thousands of its supporters, volunteers, and full-time staff from across the country were invited.

Video: Buckingham Palace turned into WW1 field hospital - Telegraph

British Royals @britishroyals · 3h
Prince William & Prince Harry will be in opposing teams at the Jerudong Trophy polo match at @CirencesterPolo this afternoon

EDIT - Thanks Anna:
My small obsessions

6 mins ·

You asked for more pictures, I deliver:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/gallery/prince-george-kate-middleton-watch-3699490

Here is the Cirencester Twitter page. https://twitter.com/CirencesterPolo

Original Post: Mark Cuthbert tweeted an informal pic of Kate and PG - so he may be going. If so - there will be Mark Cuthbert photos on Getty - and the DM usually prints a snap or two from Mark.
Off topic - but since Mark covers a lot of Royal events - I looked at the photos from yesterday's event. There were a lot of odd things happening with how colors read in the coverage yesterday (look at a group of Getty or Zimbio pics and compare the color in similar photos from different photogs.)
Mark's photos read, to me as the least pink - his color was filtered correctly for the light. He also has been kind and shared dates/images with some members of the forums. I often just search for his photos for the best of the week in Royal goings on. Back to topic.

Last edited:
Although its fantastic to see the Cambridge family and Harry out enjoying the warm summer day at polo, it does kind of rankle with me that no one seemed to realize just what charities they were playing for. If you look at Wills and Harry's shirts, you'll notice there are three charities listed. Centrepoint, Well Child and Child Bereavement UK.

With the attendance of George, I'm sure that became the main draw and its all well and good and I was happy to see him myself. Without any emphasis on what charities they were playing for though, its too easy for people to get the impression they were just out and about to enjoy the day "for charity" and not realize that this was an event that Wills, Kate and Harry all worked to bring into being with three of their charities umbrella'ed.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 4h
HM, P. Philip, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Prince Michael & Princess Alexandra will attend Drumhead Service at @RHChelsea on 28th June.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 4h
The Drumhead service, for those who volunteered to serve in WW1, is being held on centenary of assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

Nice to see the family attending this. I don't know Charles' diary, or even William's at the moment, but it's surprising neither of them are attending.

Nice to see the family attending this. I don't know Charles' diary, or even William's at the moment, but it's surprising neither of them are attending.

Isn't William, Kate and Harry attending the Ceremonies marking the start of hostilities in Belgium later this Summer? I could swear I remember seeing that somewhere.

If memory serves, the whole family has a lot this year because of all the World War anniversaries. If Charles or his children aren't attending one it's likely because they're attending something else.

Isn't William, Kate and Harry attending the Ceremonies marking the start of hostilities in Belgium later this Summer? I could swear I remember seeing that somewhere.

August 4th-WW1 Centenary Commemorations
HRH The Duke Cambridge, accompanied by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a service of remembrance hosted by the Government of Belgium at Liege. TRHs will subsequently travel to St Symphorien Military Cemetery, a Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Mons, Belgium, for a UK commemorative event.

HRH Prince Henry of Wales will attend the "Step Short" commemorative event in Folkestone. HRH will subsequently join The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at St Symphorien Military Cemetery in Mons.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Pressreleases/2014/WW1CentenaryCommemorations.aspx

Last edited:
Thanks!! Good to know I was remembering right. :)

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 23s
On Thursday 26th June, The Queen and The Duke of York, will give a Garden Party for the 'Not Forgotten' Association at Buckingham Palace.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h
The Queen and members of the Royal Family will attend the Order of the Thistle service at St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh on 3rd July.

The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince William & the Princess Royal will all be attending the Thistle service on 3rd July in Scotland. No Kate

Martin @WindsorEditor · 39s
Charles and Camilla will also not be attending the Thistle service this year, they’re on their annual summer visit to Wales at the time.

Last edited:
Video:
The Queen has hosted a Garden Party for the 'Not Forgotten' Association at Buckingham Palace. The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of York, met with veterans in the palace gardens-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, attended a Solemn Drumhead Service at the Royal Hospital Chelsea today. The service was also be attended by The Earl of Wessex, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra. The ceremonial Drumhead Service of Remembrance for those who volunteered to serve in the First World War will be held on the Centenary of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand-
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen has paid tribute to First World War volunteers today at the Royal Hospital Chelsea during a Solemn Drumhead Service of Remembrance.
She was joined by the Duke of Edinburgh the Earl of Wessex, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra for the service, held on the 100th anniversary of the assassination which helped spark the conflict.
Wearing a Stewart Parvin lilac double crepe wool coat with a funnel collar, Stewart Parvin floral print dress and hat by Rachel Trevor-Morgan with flowers in it to match, the Queen braved the rain to watch the ceremony.

The Queen and Prince Philip pay tribute to First World War volunteers | Mail Online

Prince Charles & William joint engagement on 9th July. They’ll attend a reception to mark handover of the British sub-aqua club presidency.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 3s
Prince William is taking over as President of the British sub-aqua club from Prince Charles after 40 years, with a handover on 9th July.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h
Prince Charles accompanied by William & Harry will attend the Annual Responsible Business Awards event at The Royal Albert Hall on 8th July.

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh travelled to Cumnock in East Ayrshire today, and were met by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, known as the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland, for a visit to Dumfries House. They toured the education, hospitality and traditional craft skills centres at the house and spoke with students, before continuing to the walled garden-
Home - ITNSource News

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 30s
The Queen will be joined by Prince Philip, Prince William and Princess Anne at the Order of the Thistle service in Edinburgh tomorrow.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1m
The Thistle is Scotland’s highest order of chivalry and can have no more than 24 ordinary members. The service is held every other year.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 40s
The Thistle is Scotland’s highest order of chivalry, only 16 ordinary members can be admitted at once. Its service is held every other year.

Last edited:
Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh travelled to Cumnock in East Ayrshire today, and were met by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, known as the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland, for a visit to Dumfries House. They toured the education, hospitality and traditional craft skills centres at the house and spoke with students, before continuing to the walled garden-
Home - ITNSource News

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 30s
The Queen will be joined by Prince Philip, Prince William and Princess Anne at the Order of the Thistle service in Edinburgh tomorrow.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1m
The Thistle is Scotland’s highest order of chivalry and can have no more than 24 ordinary members. The service is held every other year.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 40s
The Thistle is Scotland’s highest order of chivalry, only 16 ordinary members can be admitted at once. Its service is held every other year.

I'm off tomorrow to the Thistle Service - will report back!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have attended the Thistle Service at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh today, accompanied by Prince William and Princess Anne-
Home - ITNSource News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom